Writers Corner
Writers Corner

India-Forums

ONE CHANCE..

tanharocks Goldie
tanharocks
tanharocks

Posted: 15 June 2012 at 7:32am | IP Logged
" Ma…" , She called her mother. She felt her mother stir a little in bed in process making her move a little. "I know you are able to hear me, Ma. Please listen to me once…please."

" Ma, I remember your feeling when the first time you came to know about my existence. You were so happy and I could feel the delectation in your voice when you told everybody about me. That time you were full of positive vibes which would make the inchoate form of me fill with joy. It gave me strength to grow and made me halcyon.

With each passing day I slowly started becoming zaftig and I started to reverie. I knew for sure that I would never gallivant for happiness because I would have you and Pa by my side loving me, pampering me, understanding me.

Everything was fine until that Cimmerian day came knocking at my door. On that day my true identity was revealed to you and Pa. And the discovery of my identity was like a bomb explosion in our life. For me my identity was frippery to know but that was not the case with you and Pa.

You both were so ardent to know my identity that you did a faux pas and when you came to know about me I felt a frisson from the vibes coming from you and I was afraid.

After that day nothing was normal. I could hear Pa and you discussing about me, contemplating what to do next and then you both came to a final decision. That's when I realized how atrabilious you both were towards me. And the decision you took regarding me was reverberating in my small mind because the decision was to rive me from you.

And with that decision my dreams began to collapse. I was feeling crestfallen. I felt like kicking, banging but I didn't do it because I knew it would hurt you, Ma.

But Ma you are going to lacerate me just because I am a Girl….GIRL.Is being Girl so odious?? You really don't want me??? Are you not fond me??? Is being girl so infelicitous???

Ma, please don't do this to me. I promise I would be a good girl. I would study hard and make you proud. I would do something if not in studies then in sports or other areas so that you can keep your head high with pride.

I won't be a burden instead I would help you, support you. I will take care of you as a boy. I will be your son.

Please Ma, I too want to see the azure, the Sun, the Moon and the beautiful creation of God and Man. I want to enjoy the rains, summer's heat, apricity and many more things. And above all I want to see you and Pa because I am auric of you. I can feel you ,Ma but I want to see you, hug you.

But for doing all this I need only one chance. A chance to live life. A chance to see this beautiful world. Please Ma don't annihilate me. Please give me ONE CHANCE."

But her request was left unheard by her mother and her parents homologated to abortion. She was talking to her mother who was lying on the hospital bed for abortion. And in clandestine doctor along with her parents ended her life before it could start. And there was one more entry in the list of FEMALE FOETICIDE.

Feticide (or foeticide) is an act that causes the death of a fetus. Sometimes it is done intentionally to kill girl infants. That is why this has become a major social problem and termed as Female Feticide.

Guys FEMALE FOETICIDE is a serious problem troubling India in this 21 st century even when we have examples of Kalpana Chawla, Saina Nehwal and many more. Even when Government had laid down several rules to stop this it is still prevailing. Then the question arise what is actual root of this problem which is prevalent not only in rural areas but also urban areas like Mumbai. 

Mentality of people is responsible for this. Mentality which says that girls are burden and the reason for this is the still existing dowry system, safety of women and many more. And  if mentality of parents is to be blamed then the mentality of Doctor's  is to be blamed more. Doctor's betray their profession for money and support female foeticide.

And the solution to this problem is Education and spreading awareness according to me.

P.S- I was inspired to write after watching the episode of Satyamev Jayate. The cases shown in the show just left me shocked. It's weird but true that such inhuman people do exist. I thought of making it the girl's view so that it would be appealing because if I had only stated the facts then it would have been boring.

And to all the girls reading my OS..please be grateful to our parents because they love us unconditionally even when we are the daughter child..

And please leave your comment guys...eagerly waiting.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

partyprincess16NinaAriefvaroo28SwayamonlySawyer_TomTanuka_TanHaNirju99MirageSwaronMadhura..HPHolic-3pratik54000kinara17

pratik54000 IF-Rockerz
pratik54000
pratik54000

Posted: 15 June 2012 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Hey this is just so excellent...they way you have displayed emotions of a girl child is just brillient...i felt like crying and same time angry that how can parents think like that...are yar child to child hi hota hai maa baap ke liye beta ya beti kya fark padta hai...this is really outstanding...21st century mein bhi aisa ho raha hai...this should be stopped...

Ankita bow down to you, isse ache se ye feelings koi aur describe nahin kar sakta...sach mein aise issues ko sach me light me lana zaruri hai...

thank you for sharing this with me...

and please do write more...aise out of the box stories sab nahin likh sakte...this is a faboulous description...you are an awsome writter...waiting for more different ideas of yours...

regards...

pratik..

Edited by pratik54000 - 15 June 2012 at 8:03am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tanharocks

tanharocks Goldie
tanharocks
tanharocks

Posted: 15 June 2012 at 8:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pratik54000

Hey this is just so excellent...they way you have displayed emotions of a girl child is just brillient...i felt like crying and same time angry that how can parents think like that...are yar child to child hi hota hai maa baap ke liye beta ya beti kya fark padta hai...this is really outstanding...21st century mein bhi aisa ho raha hai...this should be stopped...

Ankita bow down to you, isse ache se ye feelings koi aur describe nahin kar sakta...sach mein aise issues ko sach me light me lana zaruri hai...

thank you for sharing this with me...

and please do write more...aise out of the box stories sab nahin likh sakte...this is a faboulous description...you are an awsome writter...waiting for more different ideas of yours...

regards...

pratik..
Thank you so much maddy...
pratik54000 IF-Rockerz
pratik54000
pratik54000

Posted: 15 June 2012 at 8:17am | IP Logged
My pleasure Ankita...I am glad that i got the chance to read this first...Thank you for trusting me...

tanharocks

Snowey IF-Rockerz
Snowey
Snowey

Posted: 15 June 2012 at 9:00am | IP Logged
its hard to believe that sex-selective abortion still exists in 21st century.
and its a shame that its presence in India is more. Have read few article on them before and what surprised me more is that its the upper class the so called educated class is more so behind this who can afford these procedures. This is such a serious issue in hand and how you wrote this in pov of a unborn girl left me in tears. I Stay in the US and there have been some speculations that Asians (India & China in specific) where following this here in US too as by law here one has the right to know the sex of the baby. 
A law is likely to pass which still remains in the house as there can not be an abortion unless its required to save the mothers life.
I hope things change for good and people change as there can be no. of laws but unless people perception change we ain't moving any further.
I am sure thankful to my parents and will love to become a mother of a baby girl someday.

P.S - I refrained myself from liking the post to show my support against female foeticide.

Edited by Sudha-SK - 15 June 2012 at 9:02am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

tanharockspratik54000

Sawyer_Tom IF-Dazzler
Sawyer_Tom
Sawyer_Tom

Posted: 15 June 2012 at 9:35am | IP Logged
Res. Will unres when I can think properly. Sorry have too much on my mind. Just know how awesome you are for writing this.

tanharocks

MirageSwaron IF-Dazzler
MirageSwaron
MirageSwaron

Posted: 15 June 2012 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Anky that was brilliant & effective ... salute u for posting this on the forum and passing the word around ... don't hav words to appreciate the feelings that u hav expressed so adeptly...hope this is just the beginning for a trend

tanharocks

varoo28 Senior Member
varoo28
varoo28

Posted: 15 June 2012 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Reserved will read later when i get time !! *Unres*
Well Done Clap  Really an amazing post !! Though people tend to believe that Female Foeticide are nowdays very rare and is practised by only illiterates but it is actually not even highly educated people practice it which is a shame that people don't realise how cruel they are.

Coming to your post you have written an awesome update !! myself being a girl I could only say i'm blessed just like any other girl in this world to be born and live happily Tongue 

Edited by varoo28 - 15 June 2012 at 1:28pm

tanharocks

Go to top