India-Forums

Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai
Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai

Kripa - The Weakest Link!

chillyflakes Senior Member
chillyflakes
chillyflakes

Posted: 29 April 2005 at 3:30am | IP Logged

Okeey folks, here goes my really shoddy character analysis of Kripa, which I have been struggling with for some time now! Its definitely not one of my best efforts till date, will probably throw some more light on it, once Kripa endears herself to me once again!

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------

All of us seem to have pretty strong opinions on Angad and Prithvi, both positive and negative, but somehow, Kripa doesn't seem to evoke the same kind of responses and reactions from us, wonder why?

Considering that she is the main lead, the story is based on her point of view, even though it is a raging love story between Angad and Kripa, but seen from Kripa's eyes!

I feel that the fault lies a bit in the characterization of Kripa and a bit in the actress herself, also, if the other lead characters are too strong or have a tremendous star appeal / screen presence like Angad does, there would be very few who will be able to match up to their co-stars!

As far as the characterization goes, Kripa was initially very delightful, with her king-sized crush on Angad and the way she is fervently in love with her idol! Her single-minded devotion and dedication to Angad brought out the incorruptibility, simplicity and vulnerability in Kripa, beautifully! Kripa was not just in love with Angad's ''Star Image'' but actually in love with the man himself. Remember her talking to herself the night before she has to leave for Mumbai, where she puts Angad's picture close to her heart and says, ''Maine jab bhi bhagwaan ke saamne haat jode, meri har prarthna mein tumhare liye hi dua nikalti thi.'' Kripa loved Angad from the core of heart, and her love was of the highest order because, it was a love based on Nothing, her love had no standing, no base, no foundation and no footing…..it was a love which begin and never ended, a one-way path, with no destination in mind! It requires a great heart to love someone with such intensity and depth and Kripa did so, knowing very well that reaching out to Angad is and will remain only a distant dream! Hence, the basis of Kripa's character is very strong, of a girl who knows the reality of her situations but does not stop her heart from dreaming.

It was pretty heartening to see Kripa trying to get a glimpse of Angad when she reached Mumbai, somewhere in her search for the love of her life, we, as the viewers too begin to cheer for her and hope that she meets up with Angad. The lyrics that played after Kripa's first glimpse of Angad at the Concert said it all, ''Jo chu liya aaj tumnein, jee lenge hum phir who lamhe…'' Kripa had never expected of ''realizing'' her love for Angad, she was happy just ''being'' in love with him.

Till this point, Kripa's character came across that of a frantically & intensely in love 17 year old, who had just Angad in mind, and nothing and no-one else! But after the second Outhouse incident, where Angad broke not just Kripa's tender, love-filled heart, but also her dreams, hopes, spirit and all her illusions, Kripa underwent a dramatic change! I think this was also a point a lot of viewers begun to have a second opinion on our leading lady! Kripa might have over-reacted in some sense, but I personally felt it was a natural reaction in manyways! Considering the way, Kripa had spent most part of her growing years worshipping Angad, he was a major let-down in more than one sense! And her attitude and behavior towards Angad become more and more frigid, discourteous, offensive and disrespectful.

Much to the astonishment, curiosity, exasperation and vehemence of Angad, who had no idea what is that irked Kripa so much against him! Kripa provoked Angad unknowingly and unwittingly, and in that case causing Angad's desperate attraction towards Kripa!

Uptill now, Kripa was a fairly uni-dimensional and uncomplicated character, a simple, straightforward, and self-respecting small town girl, but after Angad's confrontation with her, the dormant qualities in her begin to come forth. And Kripa, not bothering about Angad's influence and strength, begin to lead a crusade against him! That way Kripa is truly a remarkable character, strong-willed, unafraid and undaunted!

And the fact that she is still very much in love with Angad, does not make her a hypocrite! Loving one individual is one thing, and not being vocal about it is another! It happens many a times to all of us, that in order to hide our true emotions, we present a contrary picture on the outside, it just enhances the fact all the more that Kripa is still, very much in love with Angad, else she would shown unresponsiveness to him and not detestation!

Kripa's current relationship with Angad is a classic case of ''Everyday I go to sleep telling myself that we are better off without one another, but then the next morning I wake up only to realize that I cannot live without you.''

As of now, Kripa's character is not very inspiring, she seems to have lost the touch of gullibility and innocence she had and she is just being over-reactive and frenzied with Angad. Since most viewers relate to Angad, we tend to react to other characters the way Angad reacts to them! And as of now Angad is irritated and put-off by Kripa, which simultaneously makes us react in the same way to Kripa!

But going forward, Kripa's character will undergo a lot of change, and she will again endear herself, to not just Angad but to most of us, as she falls in love again!

Kripa definitely has shades to her personality but they are not as multi-colored as Angad. Kripa has her own set of rules and patterns and she plays only by them, unlike Angad, who is complete blow hot – blow cold man, and evokes strong reactions from the viewers!

As I said before, Kripa as a character is not all that dull, but tends to be lackluster & muted in front of Angad, who shines like the Pole Star, dazzling & vivid!

As far as Neha is concerned, she is pretty unstable, unlike say Iqbal, who is uniformly brilliant in his performance and appearance! Neha can look very pretty at times, and looks very ordinary the next moment, similarly, she can shine in the ''looking cute and acting love-struck scenes'', but looks plain silly in the emotional outbursts / dramatic ones!

Its pretty early to comment on Neha's acting skills, she is bound to improve with time! Ekta never sticks to bad actors!

Mrs.Brett Lee IF-Rockerz
Mrs.Brett Lee
Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 29 April 2005 at 3:41am | IP Logged
wow! what a wonderful analysis.I don't know from where do u get the patience 2 withe such a big analysis.It was wonderful.ClapI totally agree with u .
sugar plum Goldie
sugar plum
sugar plum

Posted: 29 April 2005 at 4:51am | IP Logged

kripa seems to have plummeted big-time in your eyes chilly! or at least that's what i gathered from your intro! what happened?

as for your analysis... it's fantabulous... and the logic behind it is spotless... !!! GREAT JOB!!!

i agree with prithvi on the fact that she's a pretty strong willed, brave girl who has her fundamentals and basic ideology very clear... she sticks to her guns... even when being confronted by someone as big a celebrity as angad... and sumthing like that takes GUTS... and she's got a truckload of guts!!!Clap

current IF-Rockerz
current
current

Posted: 29 April 2005 at 6:45am | IP Logged

I think the major flaw why her performance sees lacklustre is because she has been  DUBBED ....poor girl seems to lose the intensity in her most intense scenes..

All said and done I have gotten used to Kripa being Kripa as the main protaganist!

romantic0112 Newbie
romantic0112
romantic0112

Posted: 29 April 2005 at 7:04am | IP Logged

Kripa has to grow up and see life up front, not through the rose tinted glasses she had on, when she first came to Bombay..

But Neha's acting has to improve ... her expressions are confusing.. is she scowling or looking puzzled? Horror or anger.. soemthing is amiss..

TheBlackJaguar IF-Stunnerz
TheBlackJaguar
TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 29 April 2005 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Rocking job Chilly! Even i miss that besooted starry-eyed Kripa and just hate the way she goes bantering after Angad's life .......but she is a hurt girl, poor poor thing.

As far as Neha is concerned..........well, she is a sweet little pixie. b uski kya galti if Angad evaporates everything around him?
queen-bee Goldie
queen-bee
queen-bee

Posted: 29 April 2005 at 8:37pm | IP Logged

Sweet Chilly, as usual a wonderful character analysis of not so hot and happening Kripa!! She reminds me of a baby penguin ,who has  just broken its shell ,and come out from the egg (what an analogy lol)LOL

Neha  till date she has not impressed us with her acting skills. She does not express everything in the most compelling way. Let's hope she can handle angad's heat and like Nitica said does not evaporate in front of  immensely talented IQ!! Ekta is a hard task master and will surely extract good  work from her  prima donna in the future.

Mink

msbrigades IF-Dazzler
msbrigades
msbrigades

Posted: 29 April 2005 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
Chillyflakes, you have tremendous amt of patience for analysing and writing. Are you a writer or aspiring to be one? Also, I have a doubt you and Dinky may be from Balaji telefilms camp...Great Job...Clap

Go to top