Page 4 of 5

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

bhale

bhale

Posted: 03 August 2006 at 4:53pm | IP Logged
Hi ankur,manish
Do channel people preplan any unexpected twists and problems to make it more interesting to viewers?

who was eliminated this week ?
My guess is somebody from kolkata team ... any other guesses?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who will be the winner? (Page 4)" in Business Baazigar forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Chits1

IF-Stunnerz

Chits1

Posted: 03 August 2006 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
thanks ankur for visting the forum and making it more interesting.Bhale,I think,they won't tell us abt the winner as they are not supposed to,we have to wait to know the results.
Ankur,during the elimination round,when U have to name your own team member,do u guys discuss with each other before hand,whose name U will say or is it a surprise for yr own team members,coz,U guys work as a team and at the end when u have to name a member of yr own team,U must be feeling bad,so tell us exactly what happens,is it preplanned?

Chits1

IF-Stunnerz

Chits1

Posted: 03 August 2006 at 5:13pm | IP Logged
Ankur,U may look quiet to the viewers but U are doing a wonderful job.My son(15 yrs) is a big fan of you and manish.He finds U really cute. Big smile

Fantoos

Fantoos

Posted: 03 August 2006 at 8:52pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by a_n_k_u_r

Fantoos: Well, I did notice that you didn't consider me fit enough even for giving a chance to others for voting for me! Smile

A lot of perception that viewers make about us is based on very small samples of coverage that was actually shown on TV as I mentioned earlier. Even there, as you can see, many viewers end up with totally different perceptions of the same contestants.

About my appearing to be laid back, though it is true that in general I tend to be on the quieter side and try to remain to the point, I don't think I am hesitant, slow or shy of speaking out. Probably others are in better position to comment on this, esp those who were there with me all the time, like Manish.

The samples that the editing team picked up for each contestant was a matter of luck for that contestant as that freezes his/her public image. During a day, any person will be doing many things - standing, eating, talking, joking, doing serious business, being a bit silly, boisterous etc. If a contestant's samples mostly included those showing him just standing or sitting, he's in bad luck.

In any case, there are still bits in the televised parts that you apparently didn't register.

A few contestants there were camera conscious and spoke a lot without meaning much. For example, it is easy to say that "I am confident, I am a leader, I am..." but actually needless and senseless - as I see it - though it seems now that it does make a good impression on certain viewers. I completely avoided such talk.

How did I end up in the last 6? I think I tried hard to understand the real essence of the tasks and also put across unnoticed points to judges and camera. For instance, if you remember the Juhu bhel-puri task, in which I led my team (Manish was in the same team), even though it was very obvious that we made the least profit (actually negative profit), I stressed that we recorded second highest sales in all teams. I pointed out that we made losses not because of lack of efforts but mainly because of the high commitment we had to make to the shopowners, which was mostly due to bad luck. (All this was not shown on TV)

Probably judges could see my strengths and carried me through at least till this stage (last 6).

Cheers, Ankur.

Thanks for the clarification Ankur. Well... there must be something in you that made the judges move you to top six. Btw, if I remember right in the juhu bhel-puri task were you held responsible by your team mates for the losses? I remember they saying that you did not show leadership qualities. I may be wrong but that is what I remember.

Anyways I do not mean to criticize you. Seeing is believing and my assesment is based on what I have seen. In fact my nature is very much like you - kinda shy and no bs but like to talk what makes sense. So no offence meant here. My best wishes to you again.

Adding later... If I remember correctly you paired with Ali in the 1 Rupee episode in Mumbai. Ali was simply great in that episode (and I am sure you would agree with me!!) taking all the initiatives, playing a leadership kind of role, taking you along with him and complimenting you wheneven you did any thing. At the same time in the end you showed a great presense of mind and speaking out strongly when Ali had almost agreed to play cards with the nukkad guy. You convinced him not to indulge in these activites and risk losing everything you have earned. You showed great presence of mind and maturity there and set your foot down. How did you feel about that episode?

Edited by Fantoos - 03 August 2006 at 9:07pm

Fantoos

Fantoos

Posted: 03 August 2006 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
Manish and Ankur,

It's Fantoos again! Are you both surprised to see the Unprecedented support to Ali in this poll. He has been my favourite since the one Rupee Mumbai contest. While he shows great skills to be successful, he also seems to have some negative qualities like trying to win at any cost, good leader but not a good follower, mostly wanting to have his say, worried that others might be taking credit and hence trying to show that he is better, low on maturity and presence of mind, gets nervous during testing/unfavourable situations. He also comes across as a risk taker to the extend of being a gambler. But, still he is excellent. I think it will be close between Ali, Manish and Partho. Who know Ankur may prove everyone wrong!!!

Chits1

IF-Stunnerz

Chits1

Posted: 03 August 2006 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
Yes fantoos,I agree,on that One rupee episode,Ankur showed great presence of mind and maturity in not dealing with that shady nukkad guy.

Manish Gupta

Manish Gupta

Posted: 04 August 2006 at 2:18am | IP Logged
Ali has many good qualitites, no doubt about it, but seriously he is explosive, in 1 rupee task, he had a ditinct advantage of being a localite, but according to me credit is with ankur that throughout the task he was more matured and focused, and that is what good entrepreneurship is all about. Ali needs constant harnessing, in my opinion these tasks are too short to know the actual ability, but kudos to Ali he performed briliantly, in the tasks.

seelu

Groupbie

seelu

Posted: 04 August 2006 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
manish/ankur...please post the results of the wedding episode....u guys rocked in those episodes....

Post Reply New Post

Go to top