Page 3 of 5

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 5
Page 4 Page 5

ammmu

IF-Veteran Member

ammmu

Posted: 31 July 2006 at 6:29pm | IP Logged
In my opinion, it should be either Manish or Partha...

Manish works really well with his team members and especially in this shaadi task, has helped a lot to stop the never-ending rifts between the two families... Partha is doing a great job by being calm and just working with his team really well... Ankur is doing a good job too, but i would like Manish or Partha to win ! Big smile they have the hardest task with families not being accomodable, lekhin everyone in Kolkata Team is doing very well. May the best person win and inshallah the shaadis will happen without problems !! Big smile Embarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who will be the winner? (Page 3)" in Business Baazigar forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

a_n_k_u_r

a_n_k_u_r

Posted: 02 August 2006 at 6:19am | IP Logged
To correct someone's post about the helicopter idea, it wasn't Arundhati's idea, it was my idea. When we were in the middle of the first leg of that task (where judges were totally dissatisfied with everyone's performance and they asked us do it again), this idea emerged during a casual discussion between Partha and me. Arundhati was actually against this idea initially as she and Partha thought that it would require many government clearances to hire a helicopter. I told them that it is, in fact, quite easy and straight forward to hire a helicopter.

The program that you see on air is really a very small fraction of all that was recorded (may be 1%). There were many interesting and key events that were either not shown or were not even recorded.

I discovered this forum today. This looks very interesting!!

All the best and cheers! Ankur.

Fantoos

Fantoos

Posted: 02 August 2006 at 8:30am | IP Logged

Originally posted by a_n_k_u_r

To correct someone's post about the helicopter idea, it wasn't Arundhati's idea, it was my idea. When we were in the middle of the first leg of that task (where judges were totally dissatisfied with everyone's performance and they asked us do it again), this idea emerged during a casual discussion between Partha and me. Arundhati was actually against this idea initially as she and Partha thought that it would require many government clearances to hire a helicopter. I told them that it is, in fact, quite easy and straight forward to hire a helicopter.

The program that you see on air is really a very small fraction of all that was recorded (may be 1%). There were many interesting and key events that were either not shown or were not even recorded.

Ankur, nice to see you here. If you notice I did not even include you here in the list of prospective winners as I thought you would be out soon. But, I guess I was proved wrong. But, I truely feel that you are very layed back and slow. You seemed to almost not take any initiative or decision ever. You have also been lucky to be part of winning team most of the time and hence saved from elimination. Though to your credit I would say that you are a very good follower. You sincerely follow the advise of you lead and do the needful. You play very safe but not purposly. It just seems to be your nature. In the Shaadi episode you could have reached the grooms place early in the morning and avoided the confusion. Anyways, good luck to you and may the best win. Partho has been a big surprise. He seemed to be very conservative and not risk taking earlier but he has made the most of the Marriage opportunity to show his leadership skills. Ali who has been great till now has been suddenly exposed. He can be a leader but is a very poor team member. He gets frustrated by bad situation rather than handling them with maturity.

ammmu

IF-Veteran Member

ammmu

Posted: 02 August 2006 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Hi Ankur ji, great to have you here! Your Kolkata team and all members are working very well.... Best of luck to you guys, I want your team to win Wink Tongue You and Manish and Partho are doing great as a team.. Always working together to solve the rifts between the families and such, and doing everything in a business-like manner! Great job, and best of luck! Clap Big smile

India-Forums is great, just keep checking around, there's always something to do Big smile

ammmu

IF-Veteran Member

ammmu

Posted: 02 August 2006 at 11:34am | IP Logged

Originally posted by a_n_k_u_r

That's really interesting.... Is there any way they can show us what goes on? But I know that might not happen.... It's totally fine though, we are just so lucky to be able to see the show!

Miss.Netherland

IF-Rockerz

Miss.Netherland

Posted: 03 August 2006 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Ali

a_n_k_u_r

a_n_k_u_r

Posted: 03 August 2006 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Fantoos: Well, I did notice that you didn't consider me fit enough even for giving a chance to others for voting for me! Smile

A lot of perception that viewers make about us is based on very small samples of coverage that was actually shown on TV as I mentioned earlier. Even there, as you can see, many viewers end up with totally different perceptions of the same contestants.

About my appearing to be laid back, though it is true that in general I tend to be on the quieter side and try to remain to the point, I don't think I am hesitant, slow or shy of speaking out. Probably others are in better position to comment on this, esp those who were there with me all the time, like Manish.

The samples that the editing team picked up for each contestant was a matter of luck for that contestant as that freezes his/her public image. During a day, any person will be doing many things - standing, eating, talking, joking, doing serious business, being a bit silly, boisterous etc. If a contestant's samples mostly included those showing him just standing or sitting, he's in bad luck.

In any case, there are still bits in the televised parts that you apparently didn't register.

A few contestants there were camera conscious and spoke a lot without meaning much. For example, it is easy to say that "I am confident, I am a leader, I am..." but actually needless and senseless - as I see it - though it seems now that it does make a good impression on certain viewers. I completely avoided such talk.

How did I end up in the last 6? I think I tried hard to understand the real essence of the tasks and also put across unnoticed points to judges and camera. For instance, if you remember the Juhu bhel-puri task, in which I led my team (Manish was in the same team), even though it was very obvious that we made the least profit (actually negative profit), I stressed that we recorded second highest sales in all teams. I pointed out that we made losses not because of lack of efforts but mainly because of the high commitment we had to make to the shopowners, which was mostly due to bad luck. (All this was not shown on TV)

Probably judges could see my strengths and carried me through at least till this stage (last 6).

Cheers, Ankur.

bhale

bhale

Posted: 03 August 2006 at 4:32pm | IP Logged
thanks manish and ankur for coming here and letting us know the facts

Post Reply New Post

Go to top