India-Forums

Sarrkkar..Risshton Ki Ankahi Kahani
Sarrkkar..Risshton Ki Ankahi Kahani

Sarkar - synopsis

Manasi_16 IF-Rockerz
Manasi_16
Manasi_16

Posted: 28 April 2005 at 11:22pm | IP Logged

This is a brief synopsis I got from zee's website...

Synopsis

Set against a volatile backdrop, "Sarkar" is the compelling story of Priyamvada Veer Pratap Singh, a woman constantly caught between her love for her family and that for the power games of high politics.

Thrown into the hot seat after her CM husband gets assassinated while in power, Priyamvada gets entangled in a whirlwind world of constant pulls & pushes that soon begins to tell on her family & relations.

Priyamvada now wants her two sons Kunal and Karan to stand by her through her political plans, while their wives ensure the smooth running on the home front. But things aren't as simple as they seem in the Singh family.

Kunal, the elder son, has a vision of his own in IT, and doesn't have the slightest inclination towards politics… he clearly puts across this view to his mother and refuses to become part of the world that he blames for the death of his father.

His brash brother Karan, however, is a young man in a rush to revamp his country and wants things to move and happen… he clearly believes that the end justifies the means. Meanwhile, Kritika, Priyamvada's daughter, blames her mother for everything that's going wrong with the family… and despite her mother's best efforts, raises a banner of revolt against the government.

While Priyamvada relies on Kunal for being the mature and stabilizing factor in her life after the assassination of her husband, she also somewhere loves her darling Karan's brazen spirit and clean heart… even though she has to come across many a tough situation in the face of his actions.

Many a twist and turn later, Priyamvada is shattered when she loses both her sons to the dangerous battlefield of politics.

It's the strong willed daughters-in– law who now stand up to step in to the shoes of their husbands once again.

And it is up to the four women, the three widows of one the nations most prominent families, & the daughter, to survive in a climate where the knives are out, where people want them to go back to being just regular housewives and forget their family's ambitious and unblemished political legacy.

Will the four give in, and disappear into oblivion…?

Or, will they emerge from the ashes… stronger than ever… and battle to survive in the dirty world of politics… that threatens to also shatter their already crumbling family…?

Sarkar is an explosive saga of love and hate, loyalty and betrayal… it's the do-or-die race for power that fuels the story narrated with brutal candor and deep insights into the murky world of Indian politics

Sarkar is the saga of a cursed family… of four determined women fighting for their family's honor

Edited by Manasi_16 - 28 April 2005 at 11:29pm

mehvishrainbow2 Goldie
mehvishrainbow2
mehvishrainbow2

Posted: 29 April 2005 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
i hope this serail will be good
anjali.nair IF-Rockerz
anjali.nair
anjali.nair

Posted: 29 April 2005 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
Isn't this the story of Indira Gandhi and her two sons? Except for the daughter part the whole story is based on their life. I bet they would also have a 20 year leap where in Rahul, Priyanka and Varun Gandhi would come in too.

Shobha De sure seems to be inspired by first family of Indian politics. I am eager to watch it now. It sounds so tempting. Clap
vvrsun Senior Member
vvrsun
vvrsun

Posted: 25 May 2005 at 7:49am | IP Logged

Originally posted by bluepink

Isn't this the story of Indira Gandhi and her two sons? Except for the daughter part the whole story is based on their life. I bet they would also have a 20 year leap where in Rahul, Priyanka and Varun Gandhi would come in too.

Shobha De sure seems to be inspired by first family of Indian politics. I am eager to watch it now. It sounds so tempting. Clap

Exactly my thoughts when I read the synopsis!

Will the extra 'r' & 'k' go out like the extra 'k' in 'Kusum'? What a joke, starting off as Kusum & then becoming Kkusum - Ekta must be nuts, and Shobha is already one!

Edited by vvrsun - 25 May 2005 at 7:49am
livingforelvis IF-Sizzlerz
livingforelvis
livingforelvis

Posted: 25 May 2005 at 9:48am | IP Logged
why does ronti hav 2 die ... cant they juz kill rohit
Girl Senior Member
Girl
Girl

Posted: 26 May 2005 at 2:02am | IP Logged
wow... the show is so different from regular shows these days..... i hope its successful
Raiden Senior Member
Raiden
Raiden

Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:27pm | IP Logged

the show is excellent i didnt watch the first few epis but when our tv was on one day and no was in the room i sat down and watched itConfused

and i really like it! and since then i have been watching it!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top