Celebrity Fan Clubs

B'ful Prachi Desai Fanclub-pg 49/50 (Page 10)

Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 52

-prachid-

IF-Rockerz

-prachid-

Posted: 24 June 2012 at 9:14am | IP Logged
Outsiders are not taken seriously in Bollywood: Prachi Desai
Press Trust of India / Mumbai June 24, 2012, 13:36

Ads by Google
India Calls Under 1/min : 500 Minutes for $4.95. No Fees. Buy Long Distance in Bulk and Save. 
IndiaLD.com/LessThan1Cent

Ruing that outsiders are never taken seriously in Bollywood, actress Prachi Desai says it is only now that the industry is opening up to her despite she being working for last five years since her debut film "Rock On".

"I think the industry is opening up to me. And it is high time it does. I am truly not the person I have been made up to be. I feel that industry can be unfair sometimes. When you are an outsider, people don't take you seriously," Prachi told PTI.

"I personally think that you need an extreme push for people to promote you and bring you to a certain level," Prachi said

Prior to 'Rock On' in 2008, Prachi, 23, had a successful stint on television with her debut soap 'Kasamh Se'. Later, a dance reality show catapulted her to stardom which landed her a few offers in Bollywood.

"For the kind of roles I was offered, I was not interested in them. When anybody starts of, you don't want to be doing roles twice your age," the actress said.

"The reason for being offered roles much older than me was because these are the kind of characters I have done before in television as well. I got it from 'Rock On'...I played a young wife but nobody saw me as funky or the real me. The way I am," she added. (MORE)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ibelieveinpink

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "B'ful Prachi Desai Fanclub-pg 49/50 (Page 10)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-prachid-

IF-Rockerz

-prachid-

Posted: 24 June 2012 at 9:18am | IP Logged

Prachi happy to play her age in 'I, Me Aur Main'

Sunday, June 24, 2012 | 4:06:29 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 2 Comments
Prachi happy to play her age in 'I, Me Aur Main'

" 'I, Me Aur Main' is a perfect opportunity for me to change people's perceptions about me," says Prachi Desai who will be seen playing her age in the film. She adds that usually she has been offered roles older than her age.

" 'I, Me Aur Main' is a perfect opportunity for me to change people's perceptions about me," saysPrachi Desai who will be seen playing her age in the film. She adds that usually she has been offered roles older than her age.

" It is such a vivacious role. I don't think people have normally seen me like that. The film is a perfect opportunity for me to change people's perceptions about me," she said.

Directed by debutant Kapil Sharma, John will be seen romancing five girls in "I, Me Aur Main". Prachi is one of them.

She said: " 'I, Me Aur Main' is a modern film. I play a girl who is very young. She just comes into John's life and changes everything around him."

The young actress started her career as the lead in TV show "Kasamh Se", feels that the industry had a set perception about her and that nobody wanted to try her for new roles. According to her, she was always offered roles older to her.

"The reason for being offered roles much older than me was because that is the kind of role I had done on television. So, I guess, people wanted to stick to that. Nobody wanted to experiment with me. They just wanted to capitalise with what they had seen me as," said the actress.

The 25-year-old made her big screen debut with "Rock On!" and later featured in "Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai", "Life Partner" and recently released "Teri Meri Kahaani".

Her next is Rohit Shetty's "Bol Bachchan". Releasing July 6, the film, which has Ajay Devgn andAbhishek Bachchan in the lead roles, is her first comedy and she is excited about it.

ibelieveinpink

-prachid-

IF-Rockerz

-prachid-

Posted: 24 June 2012 at 10:12pm | IP Logged

Prachi Desai not finding Bollywood as easy

24th June 2012 11:04 pm
@SSudra [email protected]

Prachi Desai talks about Bollywood break

Prachi Desai talks about Bollywood break

Though she has been a part of the Indian film industry for almost five years, Prachi Desai is only just emerging into the limelight. After her ZEE TV soap 'Kasamh Se' (2006), she debuted in the film 'Rock On' (2008) which did very well at the box office. However, it did not give her the credit she had hoped for.

"For the kind of roles I was offered, I was not interested in them..because these are the kind of characters I have done before in television as well..People wanted to stick to that, nobody wanted to experiment with me,"NDTV reports the actress saying.

Appearing in four other films following 'Rock On', Desai now feels that she is finally being noticed, "I think this is a good year for me. But now after doing films like 'Bol Bachchan' (2012) and 'Once Upon a Time in Mumbai' (2010), I think I have come into that commercial zone. This is when you get other opportunities. It's not been that long but it could have been a faster process"

Desai will next be seen in her upcoming release 'Bol Bachchan' (2012) playing Ajay Devgn's sister and Abhishek Bachchan's love interest. She is also preparing for her next venture 'I Me Aur Mein' sharing the screen with John Abraham which is due for release in July.

ibelieveinpink

-prachid-

IF-Rockerz

-prachid-

Posted: 24 June 2012 at 10:20pm | IP Logged
caught prachi here..yay!!! 

Shahid Kapoor on HT Brunch + excerpts

ibelieveinpink

Maha149

IF-Rockerz

Maha149

Posted: 25 June 2012 at 5:50am | IP Logged
hii

ibelieveinpink

-prachid-

IF-Rockerz

-prachid-

Posted: 25 June 2012 at 7:23am | IP Logged

Secrets Of Prachi Desai: Revealing Her Fitness Mantra

Mon, 25 Jun 2012 | Published in HomeSalwar Kameez

Remember the cute Sakshi of 'Rock On'? A TV soap and a dance reality show later, the suave Prachi Desai plunged into films. While her chaste beauty has fetched her many admirers, those who know her well also envy her fitness mantra. On screen, Prachi flaunts an hourglass figure but very few of her fans are aware of the hard work which goes into it. Prachi is conscious about her body and takes due care to keep it healthy and glowing.

<<Click here to Celebrity Style Salwar Kameez>>

Speaking to the tabloid, Prachi reveals that she is blessed with a naturally fit body and does not have to work hard to stay in shape. However, she has a few of her own fashion mantras which she follows religiously. Prachi begins her day by consuming honey and lukewarm water which not just refreshes her body but also rejuvenates her skin.

Another of her secret she shares with us is that she looks good because she feels good. She reveals that she does not keep a strict count on her calories but lives life with a positive attitude. Positivity and happiness help her look good and glowing.

Prachi may not be a fitness freak like someone like Bipasha Basu but follows some traditional routes to ensure a glowing skin. She uses oxygen cream, aloe vera and turmeric on her face. She also consumes 3-4 litres of water every day and is a regular drinker of coconut juice. Prachi also cautions us against the harmful effects of junk food. She herself stays away from junk stuff and consumes lots of fresh vegetables. She is also a staunch advocate of yoga and practices it unfailingly every morning.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Maha149ibelieveinpink

-prachid-

IF-Rockerz

-prachid-

Posted: 25 June 2012 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Shahid and I make a cute couple: Prachi
Roshmila Bhattacharya, Hindustan Times
Mumbai, June 25, 2012
  Email to Author

First Published: 14:56 IST(25/6/2012)
Last Updated: 18:01 IST(25/6/2012)
share share on facebookshare on linkedinshare on googleshare on emailmore...
0 Comments         
 email     print
By now, we know that Prachi Desai is the 'surprise' package in Kunal Kohli's Teri Meri Kahaani, though the fact was kept under wraps till the film's release. Explaining her reasons for doing the cameo, the actor says, "Kunal needed a known face, someone you wouldn't expect to see; somewhat like 
Salman's (Khan) appearance in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998). And I wanted to work with a director of his calibre." 

Prachi is also hopeful that this appearance will lead to other roles opposite Shahid: "Now that the audience has seen Shahid (Kapoor) and me together, I'm hoping filmmakers come with offers of a full-fledged role. And after Bol Bachchan and I Me Aur Main (she has major roles in both upcoming films), I'm sure no one will approach me with abbreviated appearances."

On the sets of Teri Meri Kahaani, Prachi admits that she and Shahid barely spoke for the first few days: "He'd be busy with his scenes. He's very reserved and shy," she says.

The ice broke, in true filmi fashion, in an elevator. After a day's shoot, Shahid was on his way to visit Ahmed Khan, his best friend, and learnt that Prachi lives in the same building. 

"I think we make a cute couple on-screen. I have my fingers crossed that he and I get a chance to work together again soon," she says, adding that she's aware that Kunal is planning another love story.

The film also gave Prachi a chance to revisit the 1960s, the era of some of her favourite actors– Audrey Hepburn, Sadhana, Sharmila Tagore and Mumtaz. "They were the 'originals'; beautiful and innocent. You still remember the Sadhana cut and Sharmilaji's dimples," she says.

The fashion-conscious Prachi says she loved experimenting with a different hairstyle in every scene. "The bouffant, side-plaits, bangs, I tried them all (in Teri Meri Kahaani). And I think I could carry it off in real life too."

ibelieveinpink

-prachid-

IF-Rockerz

-prachid-

Posted: 25 June 2012 at 7:59am | IP Logged

'Bol Bachchan' team to promote their flick on 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah'

Posted by FilmiTown.com | June 22, 2012 | 0

Earlier we reported about the star cast of Rohit Shetty's upcoming flick "Bol Bachchan" making an appearance on the dance reality show "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa" and also on daily soap opera "Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain" aired on Star Plus channel.

The star cast of the film made an appearance on the small screen shows to promote their forthcoming film that stars Ajay Devgn, Abhishek Bachchan, Asin and Prachi Desai.

The latest is that the star cast of the flick will now feature on the comedy sitcom "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah" that airs on 'SAB TV'. Set on a promotional spree, they will feature in 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah' episode wherein they will be snapped spending some cherishable time with the residents of the Gokuldham society.

We wish the 'Bol Bachchan' team goodluck for their movie. Keep reading this space for more updates!

Edited by -prachid- - 25 June 2012 at 8:12am

ibelieveinpink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top