Love, attraction...and other things.

Thinker_Belle thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I first thought of writing this post 2 days ago,when Krish first laid eyes on Rajni. But that would have been premature because I didnt know if Krish was definitely going to fall in love with her right then, right there. (Well, the synopsis said so, but I wanted to be very certain)

Well, now its almost certain he's in love. And I'm confused. As confused as a hungry infant at a topless bar. Ok, that was a lousy comparision, but you get what I'm trying to say... I am totally confused πŸ˜•

Krish actually fell in love when he saw her? I mean, there were flowers and music and bright lights.. but that was a wedding venue! He was the one making fun of the circus just a heartbeat before.. and he fell in love just like that?

Now I'm not an authority on love at first sight nor am I going to spew some of my pseudo intellectual gyan about the kinds of attraction and fondness induced by external factors such as flora and fauna in the vicinity, thunder and rainbows or the hemoglobin in the atmospheric pressure that can be catagorized and sub categorized to infatuation or hallucination or the oh-so-revered-love

All I want to ask is if that does really happen in real life? Is there really anyone out there who believes that it is mandatory for the flowers to fall and the breeze and the rain and the what not to happen when you fall in love?
For those people who are right now thinking "dont be rediculous, its a TV show.. everyone knows its not real" I want to say "Art imitates life"  and art includes acting and theater and drama and this is a drama. Isn't it atleast supposed to be believable?

It sounds very cynical but I cannot help but say that Krish kind of comes across as a callous guy for promising commitment to a nice and sweet girl and then fawning upon another, while avoiding his fiance's phone calls. (That was totally heights of jerkness... now I have no sympathy for him. Although its no fault of Gaurav Khanna. He is so handsome, I forgive him 😳)

Krish in love isn't convincing at all to me. What thinks you all?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HawttInBlackGK thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Thinker_Belle

I first thought of writing this post 2 days ago,when Krish first laid eyes on Rajni. But that would have been premature because I didnt know if Krish was definitely going to fall in love with her right then, right there. (Well, the synopsis said so, but I wanted to be very certain) 

ayee glad u wrote this post...as for krish falling in love; thanks to the continuous HDDCS music in the background we can finally be sure that krish dil de chuke sanam (rajjoben ko)πŸ˜†  

Well, now its almost certain he's in love. And I'm confused. As confused as a hungry infant at a topless bar. Ok, that was a lousy comparision, but you get what I'm trying to say... I am totally confused πŸ˜• Krish actually fell in love when he saw her? I mean, there were flowers and music and bright lights.. but that was a wedding venue! He was the one making fun of the circus just a heartbeat before.. and he fell in love just like that?

you forgot the applesπŸ˜† but coming to how he fell in love; hmmm me donno how love at first sight happens but for sure i agree to the fact that it was a wedding venue; these things were bound to be there and the atmosphere HAD to be like that regardless of everything...actually now that i think of it...were the flowers, lights and music enough for love at first sight for krish. I guess the reason they went wit a scene like this was because of Poulomi's description of love to krish; with the flowers and all; But as a viewer I would have wanted to see something more; something deeper; not just the girl falling, krish being showered wit flowers, the whole music thing and the light...there had to be something more. Again i dont wanna compare but even Abeer fell in love wit Leher in first sight but yet Abher first meeting and Abeer's love at first sight was completely believable ...while I wouldnt exactly say the same here wit KriJni. Yes Gaurav was amazing wit expressions but the scene just didnt go too well wit meπŸ˜•

Now I'm not an authority on love at first sight nor am I going to spew some of my pseudo intellectual gyan about the kinds of attraction and fondness induced by external factors such as flora and fauna in the vicinity, thunder and rainbows or the hemoglobin in the atmospheric pressure that can be catagorized and sub categorized to infatuation or hallucination or the oh-so-revered-love

All I want to ask is if that does really happen in real life? Is there really anyone out there who believes that it is mandatory for the flowers to fall and the breeze and the rain and the what not to happen when you fall in love?
For those people who are right now thinking "dont be rediculous, its a TV show.. everyone knows its not real" I want to say "Art imitates life"  and art includes acting and theater and drama and this is a drama. Isn't it atleast supposed to be believable?

Never experienced this in real life but then again never fallen in love (Gaurav and few other telly celebs are a different caseπŸ˜³πŸ˜†)...so not sure if this really happens or not in real life; but i get the feeling that if krish and poulomi feel that flowers and closing eyes to see that person's face is the description of love then its an extremely limited definition of love  in general because I do believe love is above and beyond all this.

It sounds very cynical but I cannot help but say that Krish kind of comes across as a callous guy for promising commitment to a nice and sweet girl and then fawning upon another, while avoiding his fiance's phone calls. (That was totally heights of jerkness... now I have no sympathy for him. Although its no fault of Gaurav Khanna. He is so handsome, I forgive him 😳)

Hehe true that! no fault of GK...with the adorable expressions he gives us anyone would forgive him within a second

Krish in love isn't convincing at all to me. What thinks you all?

Totally wit you on this...I wanted Krish's love at first site to be more convincing; it was love at first sight; it had to be something HUGE to make him fall in love right there; not just the flowers, the lights, and the music...what if it was some other girl there instead of rajjoben...what if it was poulomi there...would he still have fallen in love right there...love at first sight for krish should have been more to do wit rajni rather than the flowers falling and all those thingsπŸ˜•

Edited by -Subbiha- - 11 years ago
Nirjhor105 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
the only reaction i had seeing that love at 1st sight scene isπŸ˜†. no offense but i am not at all convinced by this scene. for me love at first sight only indicates physical attraction, which though have a great impact but isn't enough for marriage. he doesn't know a thing a bout her and TAdA he loves her! HOW! i will call that infatuation/attraction/ maybe even lust, but not love. 
HawttInBlackGK thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nirjhor105

the only reaction i had seeing that love at 1st sight scene isπŸ˜†. no offense but i am not at all convinced by this scene. for me love at first sight only indicates physical attraction, which though have a great impact but isn't enough for marriage. he doesn't know a thing a bout her and TAdA he loves her! HOW! i will call that infatuation/attraction/ maybe even lust, but not love. 

not just this; i got the feeling that he fell in love coz of the lights and all that stuff that poulomi had described; not coz of rajniπŸ˜•
ssroomani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Wonderful post, Tanuben….it has the your stamp on it!  πŸ˜›

I agree with Subben (can I call you that?πŸ˜†) that if Krish thinks it is love, then it is because of Poulomi's description of love!  πŸ˜† I think people can feel an instant physical attraction to certain other people…….I would not call it love………I have not been in love at first sight anytime (except perhaps with Gaurav as Abeer β€οΈ ), so I don't know what it is!!   But I have definitely felt an instant attraction to certain people (read men! πŸ˜‰) and felt like I would want to know them and quite a few times, friendship developed and we have remained friends!   So I would like to believe that what Krish felt for Rajjo was just an instant attraction………Rajjo may be a village girl but she is definitely very pretty (I think she is prettier than Poulomi! 😊) and that is what he mistakes for love!  The flowers fell on him because Rajjo fell and dropped the garland she was hanging up, πŸ˜† the music and lights were there because it was a wedding hall! πŸ˜ƒ

The fact he is thinking of her even later I feel is because she didn't respond to himβ€¦πŸ˜‰β€¦he asked her name and she just walked offβ€¦πŸ˜ƒβ€¦β€¦I have a feeling not many girls have done that to Krish! πŸ€£ (I could not have done it  πŸ˜• though I might get tongue-tied as well!)   I feel that piqued his interest…..and so he wants to find out more about herβ€¦πŸ˜›β€¦he might mistake this for love at first sight later but at the moment he is just as confused as we are!  πŸ˜†

All this is not to say that love at first sight does not happenβ€¦πŸ˜³β€¦β€¦being a romantic at heart, I would prefer to believe it happens to some people…..that it existsβ€¦πŸ˜³.. though I have not experienced it!  Maybe it is love at first sight for Krish!! πŸ˜³  Some things I prefer to believe or know that it Is possible or there…….even if it is not in my fate!  

devilsadvocate thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nicely written Tanuben...all are Valid points.

I guess what I am not unable to digest is the fickleness that they are giving to Krish's character...His commitment to everything seems fickle in the light of todays episode...His relationship with his mom or Followme...it all seems like those are things done to make the nagging go away so that Krishy wont be bothered about it...there is no emotional involvement. They way he cut Followme's phone calls...and followed Rajjo around...I mean I would have given him a benefit of doubt if there was no reminder of P anywhere near him and then he was following Rajjo around...but even in the face of all her calls...he kept on with his own little Follow rajjoben Mission...as if his commitment to Followme doesnt exists o.O

Poor Followme...felt so bad for her

even after Krishy's fickleness I found his expressions absolutely adorable...Uff GK you make me feel fickle... πŸ˜†

about the Love at first sight between Krishy and Rajjo...that was just a badly scripted scene...even Krishy's cuteness and Rajjo's beauty couldnt make me like it...It was just so...sooo...Shallow...I mean I want more depth...apart from the music...and eyelocks and random reminder or Paulomi's YRF type filmy romance BS...they could have done so much more...coz I honestly do not believe there is anything such as love at first sight!...its only physical attraction...or an instant emotional connect...thats all...I would have loved it had they added parts about Rajjo's personality when Krishy was following her around like a lost puppy...It would be much more believeable had Krishy heard or gauged more about her personality rather then just be smitten with her beauty and Paulomi's YRF love hints @.@

P.S. OMG did I tell you how impressed I am😲😲😲😲😲...about all the female characters shown as normal working woman...rather then top notch Velli's or seedhi sadhi only dream in life is marrige type of girls...Baa, Followme, Followme's mommy and Surbhi all work...YAAYYAYAY!!! *doing a mental jig* and surprises of all surpirses...RajjoBen is a working woman too πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘  

Edited by devilsadvocate - 11 years ago
Thinker_Belle thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Subbiha-

not just this; i got the feeling that he fell in love coz of the lights and all that stuff that poulomi had described; not coz of rajniπŸ˜•

@Subbiha ben - I felt the same! He was thinking about what poulomi said than his own true feelings..

I know Shobha Ben felt the same.. who else felt the same? "like" if you feel the same πŸ˜†

This calls for another topic I think.. or a poll
Thinker_Belle thumbnail
Originally posted by: devilsadvocate

Nicely written Tanuben...all are Valid points.

Thanks Mamo Ben πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 

I guess what I am not unable to digest is the fickleness that they are giving to Krish's character...His commitment to everything seems fickle in the light of todays episode...His relationship with his mom or Followme...it all seems like those are things done to make the nagging go away so that Krishy wont be bothered about it...there is no emotional involvement. They way he cut Followme's phone calls...and followed Rajjo around...I mean I would have given him a benefit of doubt if there was no reminder of P anywhere near him and then he was following Rajjo around...but even in the face of all her calls...he kept on with his own little Follow rajjoben Mission...as if his commitment to Followme doesnt exists o.O

I agree a 100%. Actually that was what I was trying to say. This should've been my post. I too cannot believe the fickleness of Krish's character..even if GK looks adorable with his expressions and tries to distract us from the important point here.
I too, would've preferred if he followed Rajjo around without any reminders of Poulomi... that would've made it a bit more believable and Krish wouldn't look so callous.
Poor Followme...felt so bad for her
 Me too  and I dont even like her character much..

even after Krishy's fickleness I found his expressions absolutely adorable...Uff GK you make me feel fickle... πŸ˜†

about the Love at first sight between Krishy and Rajjo...that was just a badly scripted scene...even Krishy's cuteness and Rajjo's beauty couldnt make me like it...It was just so...sooo...Shallow...I mean I want more depth...apart from the music...and eyelocks and random reminder or Paulomi's YRF type filmy romance BS...they could have done so much more...coz I honestly do not believe there is anything such as love at first sight!...its only physical attraction...or an instant emotional connect...thats all...I would have loved it had they added parts about Rajjo's personality when Krishy was following her around like a lost puppy...It would be much more believeable had Krishy heard or gauged more about her personality rather then just be smitten with her beauty and Paulomi's YRF love hints @.@

Again, you worded it perfectly!πŸ‘πŸΌ

P.S. OMG did I tell you how impressed I am😲😲😲😲😲...about all the female characters shown as normal working woman...rather then top notch Velli's or seedhi sadhi only dream in life is marrige type of girls...Baa, Followme, Followme's mommy and Surbhi all work...YAAYYAYAY!!! *doing a mental jig* and surprises of all surpirses...RajjoBen is a working woman too πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘  

Oh yes!! I didnt notice untill you said, but thats a commandable thing.. Hats off to Hats Off for portraying that women aren't meant to be just working on kitchen politics! πŸ˜ƒ

HawttInBlackGK thumbnail
Originally posted by: ssroomani

Wonderful post, Tanuben'.it has the your stamp on it!  πŸ˜›

I agree with Subben (can I call you that?πŸ˜†) that if Krish thinks it is love, then it is because of Poulomi's description of love!  πŸ˜† I think people can feel an instant physical attraction to certain other people''.I would not call it love'''I have not been in love at first sight anytime (except perhaps with Gaurav as Abeer β€οΈ ), so I don't know what it is!!   But I have definitely felt an instant attraction to certain people (read men! πŸ˜‰) and felt like I would want to know them and quite a few times, friendship developed and we have remained friends!   So I would like to believe that what Krish felt for Rajjo was just an instant attraction'''Rajjo may be a village girl but she is definitely very pretty (I think she is prettier than Poulomi! 😊) and that is what he mistakes for love!  The flowers fell on him because Rajjo fell and dropped the garland she was hanging up, πŸ˜† the music and lights were there because it was a wedding hall! πŸ˜ƒ

The fact he is thinking of her even later I feel is because she didn't respond to him'πŸ˜‰'he asked her name and she just walked off'πŸ˜ƒ''I have a feeling not many girls have done that to Krish! πŸ€£ (I could not have done it  πŸ˜• though I might get tongue-tied as well!)   I feel that piqued his interest'..and so he wants to find out more about her'πŸ˜›'he might mistake this for love at first sight later but at the moment he is just as confused as we are!  πŸ˜†

All this is not to say that love at first sight does not happen'😳''being a romantic at heart, I would prefer to believe it happens to some people'..that it exists'😳.. though I have not experienced it!  Maybe it is love at first sight for Krish!! πŸ˜³  Some things I prefer to believe or know that it Is possible or there''.even if it is not in my fate!  

@bold- πŸ˜†sure you can hehe