||WC Member/Post Of The Week Suggestions plz || - Page 3

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by Libra

Hi Dev, this is a really nice post
And your idea to recognize OS , FF, Poem etc writers in the forum is excellent.
It's a very nice way to encourage closet writers to come out and write more and for our forum to become a more active one.
So when will you be starting on the implementation? Please let me know.
Take care
Anu
thnx u anu ji for encouragement.Yup implementation wil be starting shortly after we wil dun wid final poll voting of WC names award and I wil PM you further details or pls check dis thread too. Regards dev
Originally posted by -Anila-

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0099ff">I agree wid Mari SIS...😳</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0099ff">i think dis will provide more attraction from More readers n Writers too...</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0099ff">Thanks for the PMcleverfoxxy</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0099ff">Gr8 Thought Dev ji...😳</font>
i agree wid both of u,thnx u. But How we wil recognise readers? They may b silent readers also then?
Originally posted by Ameres

Good post.
</div><div>Like others I would suggest 'Writer of the Week' and 'Best Post of the Week' as the title posts.

As the other member Afflicted pointed out it should not be based on popularity but good content. And also the writing contest idea is a good way of encouraging more writers to come out and also a chance to create awareness about WC section.
thnx u ameres. Here I agree wid you but a gud content only gets Popularity cant u think so? The Writer has to advertise its works and if we gon to choose cntent vise then it wil b tough. But lets c its also gud idea
Originally posted by Eowyn

Good idea dear,
Giving recognition will encourage our writersπŸ‘

I have another suggestion...

Why not grade OS , SS, Poems etc separately...that is each one as a category.

Best author may be called Best Creative Pen Award

Best work may be Glowing Words Award...

Active writer may be Incessant Flow Award...

Active Reader may be Literary Addict Award

How about these?

<div></div>
thnx u dear. Your suggestions r overwhelming. Yes,agree wid you that we can categorise things,gr8
Originally posted by Purple_Lady

its a great idea dev!
i post here rarely, and since the forum isnt much active, the feedback is very slim.
It would be great if this wonderful place gains more recognition..
i agree with the other people's suggestions.
Awarding would mean great encouragement!
thnx u. Nw be ready 4 new things to happen here!
Originally posted by NinaArief

<font color="#006600" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">agreed that this forum barely gets its due popularity inspite of some of the amazing work out here. a "writer of the week" and "a reader of the week" would be perfect to get more lazy arses like me active - i guess. best story/poem would hence be by the writer of the week right??
we could all propagate by just telling it out in the other forums that we are active in and I'm sure many would love to be here. or by PMing people for our work here.
btw thanks for the pm . haven't been here in a few days so didn't see this at all.</font>

thnx u i agree wid u.
Originally posted by AfflicteD

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Hey! That a great idea Dev..</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">According to me the member of the week should be called 'Writer of the week' not author since we not only have authors but also poets over here.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">And the post of the week should also not be the story of the week since we have various types of creative writings over here- stories, poems, monologues; fiction and non-fiction both!</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">And, it shouldn't be just about who's active and who's not. It mostly should be about who's deserving and who's not. Because there are many nice stories over here- some writers send PMs for their work while the others don't. So we cannot compare on the basis of popularity.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">And as it is to make this forum active, well, half of the people don't even know this forum exists!</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">I agree with Savage. Getting this and the FF forum together can help a lot. May be we can hold a short story writing contest in the Writer's Corner. We'd advertise it through a sticky thread in the FF section. This way we'll get more participants and may be more people in theWriter'sCorner!</font>

i agree wid u,thnx u. Yup we r planning it to catogorise. Yup FF & WC together i m in talk wid MODS !
Originally posted by Savage

Thanks for sharing the linke, Clever Foxxy. =)

Now, dudes, I think we'd need a larger platform to advertise our stories and stuff, we could actually take permission of the FF section dev team and advertise both our forum or just our prose and poems there. That'd get people who write well but do not know of the Writer's Section here. We also have people who'd be interested in reading the non-mainstream stuff we write. What say?

PS. Topic maker, great initiative. (:

-Savage

thmx u savage,i cnsiderd ur idea n talks r on to hv together. Thnx u again.
Hey!

I see that this was posted a long time ago. But for some reason I missed it. Hence, such a late comment. :(

Firstly, I think this is a great initiative. πŸ‘ This forum really could do with some activity, considering that some of the writings posted here are sheer brilliance. 

People who DO know about this place and have posted their stories here need to be a little more active in commenting on other people's writings. After all, if the feedback is zero, what is the purpose of posting at all?

Why don't we include a "Comment of the Week" category too? Just to boost the reading and commenting. And talking of weekly awards, how about including a reward for the weekly winner too? A banner for their piece of writing, perhaps? Or something like that?

Also, I'd love to participate in some contest every now and then. There is no better way to boost activity than through contests.

Your thoughts?

^^ I like the comment of the week suggestion because most of the times there are only views and views and views with no comments and meager likes. And this results in many writers giving up on this forum. Would appreciate a little appreciation 😊