Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

-scarlett-

IF-Dazzler

-scarlett-

Posted: 11 June 2012 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Hey girls and guys(wherever you areLOL)

I was just wondering about why you all watch this show?
Is it because of the comedy? the drama? the love? what is it?

Here are a few things that I love about this show...

1) The Characters: The characters are given a variety, you have the insane dadi, the wise strict and traditional mother, with the very loving and caring father, the naughty sister, the die-for son, the simple daughter-in-law. But instead of the hated villain, you have a conflicting character.

2) The Relationships: To name a few, in these past episodes my favourites have been Yashoda and Vrajlal, the perfect partners who understand each other so well. They might disagree but stand and support each other, there are no tantrums thrown or accusations like many other soaps. The two also portray their relationships with other members very well.
Then the relationship between Palomi and Krish, now not the love one but the friend one. They are good friends, admit it or not, they know each other and have all the thing that best friends have. Its another thing that they are confusing it with love.
Like this, there are many other ones, but I felt these were the most significant as of now...of course of Krish-Rajni but we haven't seen much from them as of now

3) The Traditions and Values: As much as some people are complaining of the old way that Yashoda thinks and wants a 'dumb' bahu, I disagree. What she is trying to put forth is correct, Palomi is a great girl but for a family which demands care, love, and attention, she might not be right. The best example would be their own daughter Surbhi.
Also, I am glad that she is also flexible in her thinking and not the typical saas who is out for only war. She herself knows her son so well that she knows that he will mess up by marrying Palomi. You know when the person is not bad, just not right for you?
The show teaches that traditions and values are to be kept with a slight moderation as the generation progresses. Its a good lesson to learn.

4) The Practicality: Now, I'm not saying it's a reality show...but I like how subtle complications are put forth. There isn't the 360 degree effects included but I could certainly relate to a lot of the reactions...

5) The Comedy: Last but not the least, the way the show has the ability to be serious and light at the same time, the contrasting emotions which I love. It puts each topic in such a way that it enables you to think about it but also get entertained at the same time. Who could miss out the hints of gujarati (something I don't get but try to) and the weirdness of baa. LOL

All in all, I watch this show became of the light-hearted family
 package it presents
Embarrassed

Edited by -Vishwa- - 11 June 2012 at 12:10pm

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

shraddha_chhitapherishnazsheikhsbh1mahalaxmikMamtaBPravessiya803GauravsDbest-Misek-hinznuttycleoThinker_Bellessroomanifj08-Aysha-sonu-monu--epiPhobia--

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why do YOU watch BHBK?" in Byah Hamari Bahu Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hinz

Viewbie

hinz

Posted: 11 June 2012 at 11:08am | IP Logged

great post Vishwa and I like the way u've summed up the details but I think I'll be honest and say that the prime reason I watch the show is Gaurav...the way he makes his characters come to life and when he falls in love he takes everyone with him :)...of course all the other bits follow and I end up liking the whole package eventually ...

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Pravessbh1siya803GauravsDbestnuttycleo-scarlett-Thinker_Bellessroomani-Subbiha-

-scarlett-

IF-Dazzler

-scarlett-

Posted: 11 June 2012 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hinz

great post Vishwa and I like the way u've summed up the details but I think I'll be honest and say that the prime reason I watch the show is Gaurav...the way he makes his characters come to life and when he falls in love he takes everyone with him :)...of course all the other bits follow and I end up liking the whole package eventually ...

thanks... whoops...did I forget to mention hot chocolate boy in the house? ROFL
I think most of us watch it cuz of Gaurav but we can't be such besharams in our posts now
can we? LOLWink

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Pravessbh1siya803hinznuttycleoThinker_Belle

hinz

Viewbie

hinz

Posted: 11 June 2012 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Vishwa-

Originally posted by hinz

thanks... whoops...did I forget to mention hot chocolate boy in the house? ROFL
I think most of us watch it cuz of Gaurav but we can't be such besharams in our posts now
can we? LOLWink

why not ...once a besharam always and everytime a besharam
respect to satyamev jayate - only truth prevails ROFL

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

PravesGauravsDbestsiya803nuttycleo-scarlett-Thinker_Bellessroomani

Praves

Praves

Posted: 11 June 2012 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
Bravo, Vishwa!!!Clap

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sbh1siya803hinz-scarlett-Thinker_Belle

Thinker_Belle

IF-Rockerz

Thinker_Belle

Posted: 11 June 2012 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
Good post!
I watch it for Gaurav Khanna too and I'm quite shameless about it.
I have been for sometime now. Not shameless, watching Gaurav's shows very deligently. Coz he.. facinates me Approve

So far though I haven't liked much of the characters except for Namita. I think Yashoben's a  manipulative control freak, Baa is loud, Poulomi is sweet but silly, Krish is impulsive bordering on insensitive jerkness and Rajni is.. well, a "gaay"

I also want to know if they really will get their gaay of a bahu remarried.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

pherishPravessiya803hinzssroomani-Subbiha-

-scarlett-

IF-Dazzler

-scarlett-

Posted: 11 June 2012 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Thinker_Belle

Good post!
I have been for sometime now. Not shameless, watching Gaurav's shows very deligently. Coz he.. facinates me Approve

So far though I haven't liked much of the characters except for Namita. I think Yashoben's a  manipulative control freak, Baa is loud, Poulomi is sweet but silly, Krish is impulsive bordering on insensitive jerkness and Rajni is.. well, a "gaay"

I love GK too... watched soo many of his showsEmbarrassed
well those were my thoughts initially but I think that as the show progresses,
the characters will develop as well. Krish becoming a bit serious, Poulomi being mature,
and Rajni becoming a bit smart and not a second Gopi Vau Dead
Yashoda's character I actually like, she is a control freak but at the end of the day she ends
up accepting Krish/Paulomi etc

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

pherishsbh1Pravessiya803hinzThinker_Bellessroomani

hinz

Viewbie

hinz

Posted: 11 June 2012 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Thinker_Belle

Good post!

@bold- I totally disagreeROFL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Pravessiya803-scarlett-Thinker_Belle

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.