Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Recently Seen Movies - 5 (Page 88)

pathaka IF-Dazzler
pathaka
pathaka

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
saw devil wears prada on tv...

the movie is like one of my fav chick flicks...LOL...whts not to like? therz gorgeous clothes, funny lines, anne hathway and most importantly meryl streep. 

Its a cute fun girly film and i like the fact tht they didnt make it sappy rom com instead and made it a sort of "coming of age" story of a woman. 

Love it

3.5/5

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bambogli

Kya.Bolta.Tu IF-Rockerz
Kya.Bolta.Tu
Kya.Bolta.Tu

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 3:53am | IP Logged
Watched OMG on colors.

Amazing movie.Paresh Rawal is such a good actor man.Thumbs Up\

P.S I love colors for telecasting these movies.LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

YusBeebambogli

bambogli IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 6:12am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

YusBee

Chippeshwini IF-Sizzlerz
Chippeshwini
Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 6:14am | IP Logged
^ is his name really Parma?

It reminds me of Parma Ham

bambogli

YusBee IF-Sizzlerz
YusBee
YusBee

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 6:15am | IP Logged
I like the way you post your reviews,Mogli...so clean and clear...like whether the font should be put in bold,where italicized ..if this was an assignment,you would get an A+LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Chippeshwinioblivious.bambogli

bambogli IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 6:26am | IP Logged

Chippeshwini

RockChicGirl IF-Stunnerz
RockChicGirl
RockChicGirl

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 6:40am | IP Logged
JTHJ review:

OK so here's my review. There maybe spoilers ahead so read at your own risk:
After the initial decent reviews the film got from the well known critics there was suddenly a barrage of criticism for the movie from critics of chota-mota sites as well as many IF members. So given that the promo was ok, music was so-so and there were lots of poor reviews I didnt have too much expectations from the film. Nevertheless I was determind to watch it for mainly SRK and Yash Chopra. So from Friday I took a break from all entertainment related sites till I could watch the movie. Now coming to the film's actual box-office. I live in South India and the movie of choice here is JTHJ. The theatre was full for the Saturday matinee show.
Movie experience: The movie started off with catcalls for Anushka's bikini moment and SRK's motorcycle entry. There were otherwise not many taalis or seetis during the movie. The laughs were also less. The biggest flaw in the movie IMO was the length. They could have easily edited half hour off it without hampering the story. The songs are ok...sound good in the movie hall. Usually in a movie which doesnt have interesting songs people walk out for a pee break. But I didnt see anyone doing that. Nor did people walk out when the movie stretched beyond 2.5 hrs. Infact many people statyed back to watch the last tribute to Yash Chopra. The majority of the audience was young families and the youth.

Story and direction: For a person who has grown up watching Ekta Kapoor's shows and reading M&Bs the story wasnt as W*Fish as it was made to sound in many of the reviews. I can see many a serial now copy this film's storyline. It had the perfect elements of a love story with enough twists and turns to keep you engaged. Does anyone remember the first review we got about a month or two back? I think that was a real review. Those trying to find logic in JTHJ lets not forget all love stories sound W*Fish. The difference between a good love story and a bad one depends on the treatment. Here lies a filmmaker's expertise. And this is where Yash Chopra gets it right. You have to feel for the characters to like the film.
But yes if one goes to the movie expecting a YC classic like Silsila or Kabhi Kabhi or Darr or Lamhe you will be disappointed. Those movies uncovered new layers of love. This movie has a predictable storyline seen many times earlier. What might or might not click for you is the treatment he gives to the movie and the characters. I would suggest to those who havent seen the movie yet to treat the movie as a love story starring SRK with Yash Chopra's direction being incidental.

Performances:
SRK as most people have said nails it. As we already know that SRK is hot as Major Samar Anand diffusing bombs as if he is repairing a toy. As the 25/28 Samar SRK is energetic as a guy of that age. But yes his face gives it away that he isnt 25. Then any actor doing the same role would have looked apt as either the 28 year old Samar or the 38 year old Samar. The story is mostly in the present ie 38 year old Samar so I guess its ok.

Anushka I was thinking would make me want to slap her with her perkiness. But apart from the Jiya Re song she was fine. They could have easily cut that song from the movie.

Katrina I was afraid would be wooden thruout. But she was pretty good in comparision to her earlier roles. A love story cant work with one half of the pair showing no emotions. But Katrina made us feel Meera's love for Samar. Only time she seemed frozen was in her scenes with Anushka. The focus in those scenes was on the more animated Akira. But a better actress would have drawn attention to herself too with some subtle expressions. One such example is Kajol in the bhajan scene with Rani and SRK in KKHH.

A special mention for the supporting actors who played SRK's Pakistani friend and the three of SRK's army colleagues who are fida over Akira. They were all so cute without going overboard.

Music:
The background music for the poem at the start was the best piece in the film. This is followed by Challa, Saans, Ishq Shava, Heer. And special mention for Ishq Dance. Katrina looked hot in that. SRK gave her good support. Whatever yoga he is doing has certainly taken off 20 years off his body. Hence he is dancing well apart from the somersaults he did during the IPL.

Chemistry: Despite her flaws as an actress I would say Katrina has the best chemistry with SRK among the current lot of top rung actresses. I would rate the Kat-SRK chemistry better than SRK's chemistry with Kareena, DP, Anushka...even PC. My favorites will ofcourse remain Kajol and Rani with SRK.

Look and Costumes:
Katrina looked gorgeous in the movie. She overshadowed Anushka easily there. But neither Anushka nor Katrina were dressed as the usual Indian YC heroine.
Special mention for SRK. He looked hot and I am in love with him again. Day DreamingThe muscles, the stubble and the age lines/wrinkles just added to his character. Finally here is a man whose experience makes him sexy. *Fans myself*

Others: Finally a special mention for the cinematography. I wish the whole movie was shot in India. Ladakh and Kashmir looked so beautiful. London wasnt explored as much.

W*F moments:
-At the start we see the flashback start with SRK saying he is 25 and we see a made up SRK enjoying the show looking atleast 40. At that moment I thought gai bhains paani mein!Disapprove
-Katrina's flashback of her childhood shows her as a child with Caucasian features. Yet both her parents turn out to be Indians!
-Katrina cant speak Punjabi in SRK's flashback. So I thought maybe because he mom isnt Indian. But later we get know her mom is from Punjab and she was brought up by her till she was 12. As far as I have seen children learn their mother tongue as soon as they start speaking. Katrina in the film is a slow learner and but this was really slooowww. Looks like real life inspired reel life. LOL
-Anushka is shown drowning at the start. But later we are told she is a national level swimmer. Shocked
-Katrina telling her mom she is 21 in SRK's flashback. She looks atleast 30. Shocked
-In the later half we are told SRK was 28 at the time of his first accident. Yet at the start he says he is 25. *Blooper alert*
-As far as I know 28 is too old an age to join the army as an officer or become a electronics or bomb expert. Facial fuzz looked hot on SRK but isnt allowed in the army.

What could have been cut/changed:
The Jiya Re song and the portions where Samar relives his 28 year old self with Akira in UK. The focus should have been a bit more on how Meera finally decides to break the pact with God and come to Samar. But we get no explaination of it except whatever Akira tells her.

Overall verdict:
Overall I enjoyed the movie. I went with low expectations but Samar sucked me into the story to live Meera's and his love story from his point of view. Would give the movie a 3/5 taking one mark off for the music.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

YusBeebambogli

bambogli IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 7:13am | IP Logged

Go to top