IF-Sizzlerz

Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 09 March 2013 at 7:25am | IP Logged
^ oh my bad lool

YEAHH HAHAHAHA I was like 'W*F is this in here for' 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bambogli

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recently Seen Movies - 5 (Page 148)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

TheGadabout

IF-Dazzler

TheGadabout

Posted: 09 March 2013 at 9:06am | IP Logged
Les Miserables

After watching it at gun point, my life became even more miserable. The movie goes on and on and on and on. Every single dialogue is said in form of a song. Worse of all. I know its a musical, but was there any need for everything to be sung? Even after Russel Crowe threw himself off the bridge, the singing didn't end as I thought it should. Whereas, all the dead people had to come back singing for the last encore.

For people who are planning to watch this musical, I'd suggest you to rather indulge in a karaoke than to weep your ass off after sustaining this disaster.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-nomad.nessKkkkkingKhanabby_girl30BullsEye777

a little faith

Goldie

a little faith

Posted: 09 March 2013 at 7:52pm | IP Logged

Special Chabbis

I've always wanted to like Akshay Kumar but I could never bring myself to finish his films.  It's not that they are particularly bad but that they aren't suited to my tastes.  However this was finally a role I could support AND much to my surprise and delight he had the acting chops to give Ajay depth and attraction.  Considering that he was surrounded on all sides by people who are some of the finest actors around, he didn't let himself down.  The story though not innovative nor told in a new way was interesting enough to keep my attention until the end. 

Edited by a little faith - 09 March 2013 at 7:52pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-KkkkkingKhanWhipCreamPantieU-No-Poo

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 09 March 2013 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
Holy Motors

Bizarre and surreal is all I can say. The story is about a Monsieur Oscar, apparently an actor who portrays various people and parts all day. So you have multiple little short stories connected by a thin vein. You transition seamlessly between reality and theatricality, wondering what the boundaries are between them all.

I didn't think a movie could mess with my mind more than Donnie Darko, but this did in a completely different way and I'm ambivalent whether I enjoyed it. I think this movie maybe more allegorical like Lord of the Flies. I couldn't get the book when I first read it. Then the allegory hit me like an epiphany and now I love the book. I've not understood the movie or allegories yet. So for me I just watched a slow paced oddity unfold and didn't understand head or tail of the whole. But I enjoyed and understood some of the smaller stories in between. And the talking cars at the end.

This is when I again realize, art house cinema is perhaps not for kitsch fanatics like me. But who knows, someday like Lord of the Flies I may have an epiphany and fall in love with the flick.

If you enjoy surreal art house cinema and love interpreting the bigger picture in allegorical stories, you will love this, I'm sure. It does have some great acting and camera work.

5.5/10

PS: This movie is highly recommended by Omnipotent_Taco. So any Taco fans should definitely watch it.

-Swetha-

-PurpleHeart-

Goldie

-PurpleHeart-

Posted: 10 March 2013 at 12:00am | IP Logged
Endukante Premanta(Telugu Movie)
South Indian Movies are Amazing...
The Film's plot is based on a American romantic comedy fantasy film Just Like Heaven..
Whereas Critics declared it was a flop...
But the depth of love can be seen in this movie...
It was a good movie...I really enjoyed watching it...
Ram and Tamannah did justice to their roles...

Edited by ..Aiman.. - 10 March 2013 at 12:01am

-Swetha-

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 10 March 2013 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
Oz the Great and Powerful

I went off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz!

It is hard to create a prequel to something as iconic as the Wizard of Oz. Despite the low budget and cheesy animation, the original still remains a classic. So Disney had quite a task before them. Although the film is flawed, it is a fun and enjoyable prequel to the beloved film.

The star cast is stellar. James Franco is a lovable scoundrel as the conniving trickster Oz. He carries on the role with style and panache. Michelle Williams is ideally suited for the role of Glinda. Rachel Weisz is brilliant as a wicked witch. Her acting and expressions are awesome. But the revelation in this film is Mila Kunis. She pulls of a stunner and proves that she is not just a pretty face.

Of course the best part of the film is the animation and special effects. Disney did a great job with 3D. This is the kind of film that comes alive with 3D technology. And to be honest, I actually enjoyed the classic old school 35 mm black and white scenes in 3D. I think they need to make a 35 mm black and white 3d film.  The transition from black and white to color was stunningly done.

The script is a bit slow and jarred, but flows well. There are many references to the original Oz film, so keep an eye and ear out. There is plenty of tongue-in-cheek humor like China Town and the sequences with China girl. There is also the statutory quick blink and miss Wisconsin reference, two if you count the "moo".

Overall a fun film.

8/10

PS: I had a hard time keeping my Wicked fanaticism in check. It is so hard to forget about Glinda and Elphaba.

We are Wisconsin

It is a documentary and politics as usual, so it may not be everyone's cup of tea. It is free to stream Mar 7 to 11, so I watched it this weekend. I was part of the protests and spent many weekends at the capital. So watching this was a surreal re-experience of history I had been part of. I think the documentary is very well done. It captures the time line, the spirit of the people, and the key issues behind the Wisconsin uprising.

As a liberal, this touches my bleeding blue heart and makes it bleed more blue. It also makes me realize why I love Mad Town so much and won't budge. 

As a pragmatic, they don't flesh out the facts and issues as well as they could have. They gloss over many details. They don't build the relevance and explain perspectives. Conservatives will find it hard to buy and swallow - because it doesn't try to appeal to them.

7/10

Watch it if you're interested in US politics, liberal issues and WI.

Edited by return_to_hades - 10 March 2013 at 11:22pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-BullsEye777

PigBenis

IF-Dazzler

PigBenis

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 3:37pm | IP Logged
Inkaar

Certainly the best film I've seen this year. A mature film with very realistic touch to it. Sudhir Mishra has nailed it. Loved every bit of the movie! Usually in the sexual harassment centered films women are shown as victims but this time we get to see two sides of the story with quite a good balance and honesty. It's hard to determine who's the victim or if there's any victim at all till the end. I don't wanna ruin it for people who haven't watched but overall it's a very good mature film and certainly a different film but very good film in Bollywood after a long time.

5/5

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Siddhi_bambogli

-MakhanMalaai-

IF-Stunnerz

-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
Inkaar: Meehhh Meehhh Meehhh.. I guess it was okay.. nothing much to say.. I liked Arjun in it 2.5/5

Table no 21: Ohhh Lovedd itt.. it held me from beginning till the end and the climax OMG gave me goosebumps.. a very good film 4/5

Endukante Premanta (Telugu):
Tamannah and Ram make an adorable couple together wish they had more real scenes together..the story was inspired from just like heaven which was also made in hindi as I see you but I'll prefer the Telugu version better.. it could've been much much better but it was not as bad 3/5

Vshwaroop: I'm so glad I watched this.. I was passing it by saying it's a stupid movie it's actually good.. I really liked it.. I'm waiting for the sequel too.. I hope it's even better.. The new girl who played Kamal Hassan's wife was so good.. 3.5/5

Snitch: Watched it today and I really liked it.. the plot was engaging.. Duwayne Johnson is so good.. The guy who played Daniel was equally good.. 3.5/5

Siddhi_

Post Reply New Post

Go to top