Recently Seen Movies - 5 (Page 147)

Post Reply New Post

Page 147 of 149

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
Chicken Tikka Masala

I love it when I discover desi fag films. This one has Chris Bisson my favorite brother from East is East as the lead.

Some aspects are similar to A Touch of Pink, but the plot twists are different. Jimmy is gay and in love with Jack. His oblivious parents set him up with an arranged marriage, and before he knows it he is engaged to be married in five days. He comes up with the most unconventional ways to scrape out of this mess.

The best part of the movie is Sally Bankes as Vanessa. She is hilarious and had me in splits every time she is on screen. Her timing is amazing. Chris Bisson as always is such a cutie pie as Jimmy. Harish Patel is hilarious as Mr. Patel the father of Simran, Jimmy's prospective bride.

It has the usual comedy of errors, desi melodrama, nosy family members, signature desi leching in a strip club. Has hilarious moments. Funny but not as awesome the likes of Bend it Like Beckham.

6/10

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-a little faith

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recently Seen Movies - 5 (Page 147)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Cheada89

Cheada89

Posted: 07 March 2013 at 2:11am | IP Logged
finally i have seen aiyya...suprisingly i thinks this is a great movie...i don't understand how it become flop..the cinematography of this film is fantastic, the way sachin carried this movie is something that other indian director don't do it...

it's true when we fell in love with someone, we will feel the same things that happen in meenakshi life..we imagined anything..

rani is really great, she is a superstar, she can make us laugh and cry in a second..prithviraj also good, but the scene between him and rani not much but i think they look cute together..

my rating 8/10

Sano88

IF-Veteran Member

Sano88

Posted: 08 March 2013 at 5:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shaitan-Haiwan

Murder-3
Disappointing. I found the so called "twist" and the ending quite stupid and juvenile. Its nothing compared to the 2nd murder or even the first. The acting by all three leads was quite horrible, and I just found nothing great about the movie. I hate how the second half repeats everything the first half shows (you know what i mean when u see the movie)

Randeep is extremely overrated, and the girls were boring. Sara Loren looks a lot like Priyanka though.

I only liked one thing about the movie, which is the song teri jhuki nazar.

3/10.

Inkar
Not the usual kind of movie I would watch, but it was def a realistic story that probably does happen. The music was the weakest link of the movie, I have never heard such awful songs. It should have been songless or the makers should have put more effort into the music. Nevertheless, awesome performances by both Arjun and Chitrangada.

7/10

Khilaid 786
W*F? Why was this movie even made? It had no purpose, the story was stupid and nothing was even that funny Confused The song of te movie are really catchy but the movie has nothing to offer. No story ( at least not a good one anyway), No great acting, god-awful screenplay. Its just a train-wreck. Akshay-Himesh and Asin perform decently, but the movie is just SO BAD that I dont know whether to cry or be angry Confused

0/10 - This movie doesnt even deserve to be rated.

true. it was a mental torture. LOL

-Swetha-Shaitan-Haiwan

ruky786

IF-Stunnerz

ruky786

Posted: 08 March 2013 at 6:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shaitan-Haiwan

Inkar
Not the usual kind of movie I would watch, but it was def a realistic story that probably does happen. The music was the weakest link of the movie, I have never heard such awful songs. It should have been songless or the makers should have put more effort into the music. Nevertheless, awesome performances by both Arjun and Chitrangada.

7/10

I so agree! It came on TV and I was quite surprised! I did however enjoy it!Smile And yeah Arjun and Chit were superbClap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Shaitan-Haiwanbambogli

fab_radiohead

fab_radiohead

Posted: 08 March 2013 at 7:13am | IP Logged
Hi all!! I'm an italian student, and I'm doing a research in India. Please help me with my survey in attached! it's about Music culture in India! I want to know more and more about your awesome country! 

thanks a lot!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YRN7qXNZ0gA3J25PyqYXGDz2tE1MvY5o8_2kD2wKhII/viewform

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 08 March 2013 at 7:50pm | IP Logged
Brave

Disney Pixar come up with the most innovative and heartwarming animated flicks that is fun for the whole family. It is incredible how they come up with such good universal feel good films without crude humor or being exceptionally childish either. But with Disney Pixar, the bar is set significantly high, and I feel Brave isn't as good as some others.

Nevertheless, it is a nice family film. After all it is all about the family. Everyone will be able to identify with the story, especially desi girls. Merida is a carefree girl, and all she wants to do is ride her horse, shoot arrows and let her hair down in the wind. All her mother wants is to get her married to an heir of one of the four clans and be a dainty little princess. So mother & daughter don't see eye to eye and have plenty of arguments. In a fit of rage Merida unwittingly does something drastic and now has to swallow her pride if she wants her family whole again.

Its fast paced, funny, emotional, and will tug at the heartstrings. Watch with your family - with your kids or parents.

7.5/10

Confession: I'm a terrible human being. I could not even watch a wholesome family cartoon without thinking "firecrotch".

ikeelyou-Swetha-

Chippeshwini

IF-Sizzlerz

Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 09 March 2013 at 7:07am | IP Logged
Rules: Pyaar Ka Superhit Formula

DAWWW!
This is probably one of the cutest movies I'e seen in awhile. I randomly stumbled upon it, and completely enjoyed it. 

I wish Meera Vasudevan got more movies, she is such an energy on-screen! She's got like a great smile, nice vibrant face, such a wash of freshness. Her and Milind Soman looked so good, even discounting the fact that Milind was supposed to be that high-profile model sexyface who dates gorgeous models, and she looked like the typical girl next-door.
Their kiss was amazing as well, a bit too intense and wide-mouthed, but them two had crazy chemistry

I found nearly all the characters so endearing. Radha's gay co-worker at the sets, her curly-haired friend, the other guy who was two-timing his wife and another woman in the chawl... they made them out to be comical in-between kinda characters, but their stories were really nicely wrapped up and emphasized in that song, 'Chhodo Na Mujhe', didn't expect there to be much maturity bout it.

The grandmother was an extremely lovable character, and you can't help fall for how she wanted to initially protect her lovesick and darling granddaughter, hence the so-called 'rules'. It makes sense, and is something you can totally relate to with ease if you've ever loved/had a crush on someone beyond sane limits.

I recommend it =) one of those good ol', low-budget, heart-in-its-place kinda movies

Edited by liverach - 09 March 2013 at 7:36am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

chatpati900-Swetha-a little faithabby_girl30return_to_hadesbambogliBullsEye777GundayVedant

bambogli

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 March 2013 at 7:21am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top