Recently Seen Movies - 5 (Page 137)

Post Reply New Post

Page 137 of 149

TintinleMechant

IF-Dazzler

TintinleMechant

Posted: 09 February 2013 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -ChillMahaul-

Thattathin Murayathu (Malayam): A very nice romantic comedy.. When the movie started I was not impressed by the actor.. I was like he's the actor? the girl is so pretty and him? but then as I watched it he grew on me.. he acted good.. not great of a looker but a definitely better actor.. Story was a simple hindu-muslim one but not alot of opposition was involved.. supporting characters were equally good and the songs were nice too.. I so wanna visit that ocean/sea they keep showing in the movie.. its beautiful.. its a good watch 3.5/5

Pulwasha you watched it! awesome :) glad that you liked it. 
Yeah Nivin Pauly is a charismatic actor - he held that whole film on his shoulders. 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recently Seen Movies - 5 (Page 137)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 10 February 2013 at 12:13am | IP Logged
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

A bunch of my friends made me watch it because they think it is the most awesome and best quotable movie ever. Granted it has funny moments. There is also a plethora of great one liners as well. But it is not my style of funny. I find Will Ferrell to be too crude and obnoxious for my taste. I found it a bit crass and over the top for my tastes.

Although, my favorite character in the movie was Steve Carrell's weatherman Brick Tamland. I found Brick sweet and funny.

4/10

Ruby Sparks

This is the kind of romantic comedy/drama that I thoroughly enjoy. Sweet well penned thoughtful scripts that are bittersweet, poignant, funny and make you think.

Ruby Sparks is the story of a lonely young writer Calvin whose dream girl character "Ruby Sparks" comes to life. Initially their romance is perfect and straight out of a fairy tale. However, with the passage of time the challenges of relationships settle in. Calvin is unable to handle the changes and starts trying to control Ruby's destiny through his writing. And that leads to more trouble and a lot of life lessons learned.

What really appeals to me about the movie is the writing nerd in me. While I'm no accomplished writer, I enjoy writing. I often find myself drawing inspiration from real life and trying to make things the way I wish they were. I do fall in love with characters I find to be perfect creations. So manifesting one into reality is something I can relate to.

The movie has some great understated acting and a great script that propels it through. Overall a beautifully done film. This is the kind of imaginative stuff good cinema and romance should be about.

8.5/10

-MakhanMalaai-

IF-Stunnerz

-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 10 February 2013 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aishh.

Originally posted by -ChillMahaul-

Thattathin Murayathu (Malayam): A very nice romantic comedy.. When the movie started I was not impressed by the actor.. I was like he's the actor? the girl is so pretty and him? but then as I watched it he grew on me.. he acted good.. not great of a looker but a definitely better actor.. Story was a simple hindu-muslim one but not alot of opposition was involved.. supporting characters were equally good and the songs were nice too.. I so wanna visit that ocean/sea they keep showing in the movie.. its beautiful.. its a good watch 3.5/5
Exactly. When I saw the promos I was like Eehhh? He's the actor? The girl is waaay prettier than him but after watching the movie, I was like Wow! This guy can act!
I loved the one liners!

'I felt like how Sreeshant felt when he took Andrew Symonds' wicket' LOL

The one liners were good.. the comic timing of both the friends was great.. I liked the movie..Embarrassed

Priya: I totally agree he had the movie..

I also think it was a very intelligently made movie.. the girl didn't have alot of dialogues either and it was fine.. I found out it's made by Vineeth.. Pretty impressive..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

oblivious.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 10:27am | IP Logged
Emma

There is something about Jane Austen. I cannot stand to read her books as I find them frightfully dull, old fashioned and frumpy. However, for some reason movies based on her books are charming and delightful. I can watch every version of Pride and Prejudice and enjoy it despite the utter lack of zombies and gore. Mayhap, I am a closet Jane Austen fan.

Emma is another one of the typically English and endearing Jane Austen renditions. I'd go as far as to say, it is one of Austen's better storylines. It is not just a romance. The quirky characters and their nave antics make for a lighthearted story line with plenty of comedy of errors and funny moments. One of the memorable scenes for me is Emma's reaction to Mr. Elton's advances on her in the carriage. I found it hilarious.  Also funny is the cold war of glances and one liners between Emma and Mrs. Elton. I also liked Mr. Knightley's awkward proposal to Emma. My favorite character was Miss Bates and her cutely bumbling ways. A fun frothy film.

But I reassert, that the best take on Emma has to be Clueless. Alicia Silverstone is a class act. If you have not seen Clueless, I implore you to go see the film. It is a cinematic classic. Before Mean Girls and Easy A, the original sharp witty teenage comedy was Clueless. I think people will appreciate Sonam Kapoor and Aisha a lot more too if they watch Emma and Clueless.

8/10

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ikeelyouDulceTentacion.bambogli

ikeelyou

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 9:00am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Anamika.DulceTentacion.

oblivious.

IF-Sizzlerz

oblivious.

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 1:08am | IP Logged
Koi Aap Sa

OMG AWWW<3 I LOVE this movie. It's so adorableee.!(: The whole friendship between the leads was so cutee!
Defo a 4/5

And gosh Aftab looked CUTEEE! I loved loved his character, Rohan!<3

The last scene was aww<3

Main tumse dho cheezein honestly kehna chahtha hoon.
Ek, jab main kehtha hoon ke mere aankhon mein kuch chala gaya iska yeh mathlab hai ki main actually ro raha hoon and second, I...I love youu.<3

^Cheesy, but I love it!Embarrassed

Edited by Aishh. - 13 February 2013 at 6:25am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Usman.BlackStar.ruky786

Tony_StraK786

IF-Addictz

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 4:34am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Siddhi_

ruky786

IF-Stunnerz

ruky786

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 5:36am | IP Logged
Dil Deke Dekho.

Shammi Kapoor was hilarious. Loved the bit when he acted as Professor SamriLOL and this was Asha Parekh's debut film. She was pretty good. Classic film.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top