Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Recently Seen Movies - 5 (Page 128)

Post Reply New Post

Page 128 of 149

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 26 January 2013 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
I usually don't rate films, but since someone always asks me to rate films; I'll do it for him from now I think.

The Lovely Bones

Peter Jackson is such an underrated drama director. The Lovely Bones is in similar vein to Heavenly Creatures. He has a knack for fantasy fiction, and deftly weaves fantasy elements into his telling of the story. In Heavenly Creatures it was the imagined kingdom, in Lovely Bones it is the world in between heaven and earth, the place where the protagonist is stuck.

What I really like about the movie is that it takes on rape from a different perspective. It is not a crime thriller to be solved or a courtroom drama for justice. The focus of the story is on how the murder of a child impacts family and friends. How the loved ones cope with the grief. How relationships get estranged or even built stronger.

Mark Wahlberg is wonderful as the father. He really captures a father's love for his children and unwillingness to ever let go. Rachel Weisz was a bit less than her stellar self as the mother, but did well to portray the despair and estrangement. Saoirse Ronan is captivating and engaging as Suzie Salmon, the protagonist. She does very well for a young star. I have to see Hanna now. But the one who really steals the show is Stanley Tucci as George Harvey, the creepy serial killer. Damn, I used to love Stanley for his happy, funny, quirky roles - I'll never see him the same again.

7.5/10

No Strings Attached

After a serious drama, I needed a feel good romcom to lighten up. It is not your usual love story. Guy and girl meet several times, but don't have a relationship. They choose to be sex buddies instead. And it is actually the girl who decides so because of her job and notion that no two people are meant to be together forever. Eventually, emotions and feelings do come in the way - and they have to figure things out before they hurt themselves and others.

Just a fun, weekend rental movie. Ashton Kutcher is his usual charming self. Natalie Portman plays a mediocre run of the mill role for once. I was pleasantly surprised to see Mindy Kaling in a minor role and loved her character.

6/10

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recently Seen Movies - 5 (Page 128)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tanya.91

IF-Rockerz

tanya.91

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 12:42am | IP Logged
table no 21

great movie
must watch

Edited by tanya.91 - 27 January 2013 at 1:35am

-Rhythmic.Me-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Rhythmic.Me-

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 2:46am | IP Logged
Watched SOTY yesterday. Average film with average acting. Sid and Varun were okay. Don't get the hoopla over them. Alia,the less said the better. Only music stands out. And the beautiful locations. 

Star_on_earth

IF-Rockerz

Star_on_earth

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 3:40am | IP Logged
Talash
awesome movie! aamir and kareena was just brilliant! even though i knew the suspense.. still liked the movie!

Table no. 21
was quite a different movie... i actually didnt like it much in the beginning...but the ending was good..had a nice message! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Cruiser-Sharif.Badmaash

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
Race 2

Imagine Fast and the Furious having a love child with bad special effects. Now Imagine the red headed stepchild adopted by National Treasure and Italian job. Now imagine that love child and the red headed stepchild having bad sex. Race 2 is the resulting love child. The only thing missing when they stole the declaration of independence was Nick Cage.

I liked Race. This one was just too over the top and contrived. The characters were really caricatures. The only good thing about the movie was the ability to fantasize about John Abraham's body.

I recommend skipping and watching some good old fashioned real action flicks like Expendables.

PS: Saif Ali Khan has nothing on Nick Cage.

4/10

Edited by return_to_hades - 27 January 2013 at 5:15pm

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
About Cherry. What a great movie. Silly

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

purple_shadoz

PhoenixRising

IF-Stunnerz

PhoenixRising

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 6:42pm | IP Logged
Race 2

Some Spoilers alert in the review!
-It's good only for entertainment, The twist and turns were too predictable I expected the ending to be better.
-Deepika showed way too much skins she was just standing there looking like an object and her acting skills weren't that good either.
- Saif is the only one from the film that actually acts.
-Anil and Amesha W*F was that? The sex joke was lame.
Saif Kareena tattoo stuck out like a sore thumb when he break into Jacquline apartment and those pictures were so obvious like seriously? Hire a better photoshoper! Jacquline role was very similar to Katrina in Race 1 another copy paste scene where Saif mocked Katrina "With touching me, touching me, kiss me, kiss me. He mock Jacquline the same way in this one as well LOL
-The last part was interesting consider the fact John-Bipasha are no more in real-life. Arman (John) killed Sonia (Bipasha) Because he used to love her and she betrayed him. Whatta twist yaar! LOL
Arman & Omesha were both using each other. The guy at the end took everything away from Arman including his Girlfriend Omesha.

I give it a 2.5/5

Edited by IshqSufiyana - 27 January 2013 at 10:37pm

clars

IF-Dazzler

clars

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 8:14pm | IP Logged
just managed to catch SOTY yesterday on sony and must say ill take back all my ranting and criticisms ,i enjoyed the movie Big smile i had actually decided never to watch the movie but i watched it from start to end LOL

i think the movie was a total TP, i actually fell in luv with Sid Day Dreaming the guy was not so bad as i had thought he would be ,he has such a beautiful smile Smile such a cutie he is Big smile.

Varun was ok ,he was hamming in some scenes ,i liked him towards the end of the movie

alia wat a waste Dead  she was just a prop in this movie

songs were amazing and sid and Alia made a better pair than Varun and Alia .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Melody.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top