Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Inkar
Not the usual kind of movie I would watch, but it was def a realistic story that probably does happen. The music was the weakest link of the movie, I have never heard such awful songs. It should have been songless or the makers should have put more effort into the music. Nevertheless, awesome performances by both Arjun and Chitrangada.

7/10

I so agree! It came on TV and I was quite surprised! I did however enjoy it!😊 And yeah Arjun and Chit were superb👏
fab_radiohead thumbnail
Hi all!! I'm an italian student, and I'm doing a research in India. Please help me with my survey in attached! it's about Music culture in India! I want to know more and more about your awesome country! 

thanks a lot!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YRN7qXNZ0gA3J25PyqYXGDz2tE1MvY5o8_2kD2wKhII/viewform
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Brave

Disney Pixar come up with the most innovative and heartwarming animated flicks that is fun for the whole family. It is incredible how they come up with such good universal feel good films without crude humor or being exceptionally childish either. But with Disney Pixar, the bar is set significantly high, and I feel Brave isn't as good as some others.

Nevertheless, it is a nice family film. After all it is all about the family. Everyone will be able to identify with the story, especially desi girls. Merida is a carefree girl, and all she wants to do is ride her horse, shoot arrows and let her hair down in the wind. All her mother wants is to get her married to an heir of one of the four clans and be a dainty little princess. So mother & daughter don't see eye to eye and have plenty of arguments. In a fit of rage Merida unwittingly does something drastic and now has to swallow her pride if she wants her family whole again.

Its fast paced, funny, emotional, and will tug at the heartstrings. Watch with your family - with your kids or parents.

7.5/10

Confession: I'm a terrible human being. I could not even watch a wholesome family cartoon without thinking "firecrotch".
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Rules: Pyaar Ka Superhit Formula

DAWWW!
This is probably one of the cutest movies I'e seen in awhile. I randomly stumbled upon it, and completely enjoyed it. 

I wish Meera Vasudevan got more movies, she is such an energy on-screen! She's got like a great smile, nice vibrant face, such a wash of freshness. Her and Milind Soman looked so good, even discounting the fact that Milind was supposed to be that high-profile model sexyface who dates gorgeous models, and she looked like the typical girl next-door.
Their kiss was amazing as well, a bit too intense and wide-mouthed, but them two had crazy chemistry

I found nearly all the characters so endearing. Radha's gay co-worker at the sets, her curly-haired friend, the other guy who was two-timing his wife and another woman in the chawl... they made them out to be comical in-between kinda characters, but their stories were really nicely wrapped up and emphasized in that song, 'Chhodo Na Mujhe', didn't expect there to be much maturity bout it.

The grandmother was an extremely lovable character, and you can't help fall for how she wanted to initially protect her lovesick and darling granddaughter, hence the so-called 'rules'. It makes sense, and is something you can totally relate to with ease if you've ever loved/had a crush on someone beyond sane limits.

I recommend it =) one of those good ol', low-budget, heart-in-its-place kinda movies
Edited by liverach - 11 years ago

^  It's Meera Vasudevan. 

I always ROFL whenever I watch the scene where a kid outside the restaurant sings "Kaho na pyaar hai" 🤣 There are many ROFL moments.

Edited by bambogli - 11 years ago
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
^ oh my bad lool

YEAHH HAHAHAHA I was like 'W*F is this in here for' 
Les Miserables

After watching it at gun point, my life became even more miserable. The movie goes on and on and on and on. Every single dialogue is said in form of a song. Worse of all. I know its a musical, but was there any need for everything to be sung? Even after Russel Crowe threw himself off the bridge, the singing didn't end as I thought it should. Whereas, all the dead people had to come back singing for the last encore.

For people who are planning to watch this musical, I'd suggest you to rather indulge in a karaoke than to weep your ass off after sustaining this disaster.

a little faith thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Special Chabbis

I've always wanted to like Akshay Kumar but I could never bring myself to finish his films.  It's not that they are particularly bad but that they aren't suited to my tastes.  However this was finally a role I could support AND much to my surprise and delight he had the acting chops to give Ajay depth and attraction.  Considering that he was surrounded on all sides by people who are some of the finest actors around, he didn't let himself down.  The story though not innovative nor told in a new way was interesting enough to keep my attention until the end. 
Edited by a little faith - 11 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Holy Motors

Bizarre and surreal is all I can say. The story is about a Monsieur Oscar, apparently an actor who portrays various people and parts all day. So you have multiple little short stories connected by a thin vein. You transition seamlessly between reality and theatricality, wondering what the boundaries are between them all.

I didn't think a movie could mess with my mind more than Donnie Darko, but this did in a completely different way and I'm ambivalent whether I enjoyed it. I think this movie maybe more allegorical like Lord of the Flies. I couldn't get the book when I first read it. Then the allegory hit me like an epiphany and now I love the book. I've not understood the movie or allegories yet. So for me I just watched a slow paced oddity unfold and didn't understand head or tail of the whole. But I enjoyed and understood some of the smaller stories in between. And the talking cars at the end.

This is when I again realize, art house cinema is perhaps not for kitsch fanatics like me. But who knows, someday like Lord of the Flies I may have an epiphany and fall in love with the flick.

If you enjoy surreal art house cinema and love interpreting the bigger picture in allegorical stories, you will love this, I'm sure. It does have some great acting and camera work.

5.5/10

PS: This movie is highly recommended by Omnipotent_Taco. So any Taco fans should definitely watch it.
-PurpleHeart- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Endukante Premanta(Telugu Movie)
South Indian Movies are Amazing...
The Film's plot is based on a American romantic comedy fantasy film Just Like Heaven..
Whereas Critics declared it was a flop...
But the depth of love can be seen in this movie...
It was a good movie...I really enjoyed watching it...
Ram and Tamannah did justice to their roles...

Edited by ..Aiman.. - 11 years ago