Posted: 11 years ago

Okay so this week is the first DOTW = Discussion of the Week for this forum. During this, we all discuss on one topic in this thread. And this week I bring the topic:

I want you all to step back for a minute. Forget that you're a HC fan. Forget that you're a SJ fan. Forget that you're a KVB fan. And think...why did you start this show? And at the beginning, what did this show promote? What was it's message? What is it's message now? Is that message socially correct? Is it correct politically? Is it correct legally? Is the show actually realistic or it is all a work of fiction?

These are just some questions to answer. You can think up of other things you want to discuss and add those as well. The main point here is I want everyone to think for a little while just about the show. Forget about the actors, forget about the characters, and just think about the message and meaning of the show.

Thanks,

Shreya
Edited by khota_sikka_sri - 11 years ago
good post sri...will definitely put my views later...
but at present will only say, though had started d show as a HC fan, but still d concept was very ineteresting too, when my friends narrated me d whole story...
yes it is a fictional show nd d show was always dramatic...
i think at present d show is promoting male power, though it was a different concept nd was supposed 2 showcase female power...
if u look at d current track, it is clearly seen dat hw ppl r liking RAGHAV nd VIRAAJ face off, nd dere own nd unique traits more than anything related 2 jhanvi...nd i m liking it.
D way CVs hv explored Viraaj's character 4m d beginning , they have never done wid jjhanvi's character, nd there they failed it nd thus even after 7 months of d show, ppl fail 2 understand watjhanvi actually is???...
it was great when i had seen her getting independent in d asharam, but now again she is getting trapped widout having an idea of it, nd it disappoints me a lot...
Edited by harshu.sundas - 11 years ago

Agree with Sundas.. At present it is like the guy has upper hand in the show, when I first watched it.. I felt that its Jahnvi's struggle against her evil husband. I thought one day she'll escape him, face him boldly, setting her fears aside. That is happening, very slowly.

Its high time they show her as a powerful, at least independent woman. But right now she's still the confused lady.. Hope she does something huge that leaves Viraj shell shocked. Something like giving a huge blow or blasting his plan..

I would love if something like sending him to jail on some pretext. 🤣 I'm serious..

This show is supposed to promote Women's independence, their stand against men like Viraj. Right now, I  think people can see the contrast b/w Viraj & Raghav's characters. So the new angle can be the Good VS Bad face off.

Will edit my views in a while😊
I don't think they set out to promote anything except garner nice TRPs ...

As for what they are inadvertently promoting :-

At least most of us with an iota of common sense know that what viraj does to his wife is cruel, inhumane and illegal.

Most of the other shows promote something that is far more subtle -
western clothes=bad girl, career=bad girl, tolerate taunts of mil=good girl, no personal happiness=good girl

etc etc ...

That is where the real danger lies ... that is the kind of rubbish that influences the mind and value system more ... this is so outright negative, that somebody who sees viraj as inspiration is already too far gone.
i think when ppl talk about men being inspired by him (as someone said in another thread) they are talking about the style of the actor rather than the character.

i don't think this is a show with a social theme as such (and thank god for that) ... its pretty straight forward - a nice girl, an evil husband and the good hero...
Bips you say that they're out to garner some good TRPs, but if they were out to do that, do you think that the story would really have shown Jhanvi starting to fight? Do you think that they would change the story so swiftly from where Jhanvi is caring for Viraj to where she's suspecting him?
Is jhaanvi really fighting ? ...

... The heroines strength is usually limited to giving one or two thappads or one to two scenes with heavy duty dialogues about naari shakti ... they never show her growing as a person, they will never show any change in the true sense of the word ...

... All i am saying is that though the show is on domestic violence, i doubt the brief of the show was that we have a very powerful message to convey ... i doubt that THAT was ever a point of discussion ... and hence it is not actively trying to promote anything ... it is just a show for entertainment
the show for me is completely fictional and i do not have any objection on it, as when it is a daily soap, it is not the cvs fault if they include some drama and filmyness.
At present i am loving the way Raghav and Viraaj is been explored with so much of contrast and then will be fighting for Siya. So i am enjoying it, but wish Siya would decide something on Raghav, because it is hight time that she forgest Viraaj and looks at what is awating her.
Thanks Sri for opening Dotw thread 🤗it was my turn to open Thread for DOTW...but i m not well...Not watching the show...its more than a week now..so was not be able to open a Thread... Thanks Sri dear once again...and Nice Topic...
Originally posted by neeme

Thanks Sri for opening Dotw thread 🤗it was my turn to open Thread for DOTW...but i m not well...Not watching the show...its more than a week now..so was not be able to open a Thread... Thanks Sri dear once again...and Nice Topic...

Welcome Neemi. 🤗 Aur waise bhi yeh topic toh maine post karna hi tha. DOTW ki taran yah nahi. 😆 You take care of yourself.

great topic

I watched this show from its first episode. I was on and off til harshad entered and then I start watching it regularly. 

The show is amazing to me. Yes like any other show their are some bad points but still its an awesome show. The concept is amazing and it is different from other shows. Something never seen before in tv. so the concept is great. Another good point of this show is the actors whethers it sriti, harshad, Karanvir. All have done justice to their roles. Chemistry between raghav siya has attracted me alot so overall its an great freat show.

But yes a big bad point of this show is, they concentrated more on viraj character. They didnt really concentrate on siya character much. 

But I think cvs could improve this. They should now on concentrate on siya like try to make her stronger and all but I am sure they will do that

So overall This show is amazing and has done more than I expected. so good job