Posted: 11 years ago
Judges favouring a contestent may make a contestant win the show but it wont help in building the career of the contestent.

We have seen so many shows ending and so many singers dissapearing. We dont even hear any new songs from them for 2 -3 years after they have won or reached the top in a show and the singers again appear on some reality show like MKMM or JJWS.

In Indian Idol this year also I see some singers from earlier reality shows are selected.
Originally posted by agentbinod

Anweshaa deserved 10 so shan has given her 10, but Akansha does not deserve 9 but santonu moitra has given her 9, why? I don't know.

I agree. Aneesha did not deserve a10. He is clearly a biased judge.
Shaan was favoring Vaishali and Sanchita while  Anwesha was out one wk and doing poor initially..Never supported Nihira but Anwesha came back and started singing better he showed his true colors..

As a host he was good in SRGMP..He is better singer than a judge or mentor...All 3 were not good...Even Alka was not good yesterday judging..

Anwesha was fabulous on Saturday but weakest on Sunday
Here's my take on this. There are certain kinds of compositions that are just out of this world. The notes touch the strings of the heart and the singer can connect to the listener's soul easily. Irfan, Aneek, Sriram and Akanksha were lucky to get such songs on Sunday. Anwesha's was a peppy number definitely not in that category. I think she did all that she could do for this song. Unfortunately, she got to sing only one powerful and soulful song in this competition, which was "Hum dil de chuke sanam" which blew us all away.

Irfan and Aneek's songs had the expected effect on the audience and they brought out the beauty of their respective songs.

Sreeram and Akanksha put too much effort in their singing. Like Alkaji said, I thought they overdid it which took away some of the beauty of the songs. If you listen carefully, Akanksha sur was also slipping in some parts.

Sharib's song was a dry, boring and difficult number. In my opinion, he did do whatever justice he could. I think Akanksha was weaker than him and she should have been eliminated instead of him.
Originally posted by dhurandarbhat

Here's my take on this. There are certain kinds of compositions that are just out of this world. The notes touch the strings of the heart and the singer can connect to the listener's soul easily. Irfan, Aneek, Sriram and Akanksha were lucky to get such songs on Sunday. Anwesha's was a peppy number definitely not in that category. I think she did all that she could do for this song. Unfortunately, she got to sing only one powerful and soulful song in this competition, which was "Hum dil de chuke sanam" which blew us all away.

Irfan and Aneek's songs had the expected effect on the audience and they brought out the beauty of their respective songs.

Sreeram and Akanksha put too much effort in their singing. Like Alkaji said, I thought they overdid it which took away some of the beauty of the songs. If you listen carefully, Akanksha sur was also slipping in some parts.

Sharib's song was a dry, boring and difficult number. In my opinion, he did do whatever justice he could. I think Akanksha was weaker than him and she should have been eliminated instead of him.

Agreed 100% on the bold part...Aneek & Irfaan did full justice to their respective renditions on Sunday...Aneek was extremely soulful while Irfaan's song was a perfect fit for him  coz he sings with a lotta thehrav n that was the primary requirement in his rendition 😊 Sreeram tried too hard & did not come up with the desired effects...one of his relatively weaker perf I would say...👎🏼

Akansha has always played her cards accordingly...she has a limited range n resorts to controlled singing which somehow works  in her favour so despite being a weak link...she gets away...😆...but it is apparent nonetheless...n regarding Anwesha...she was outstanding in her Sat recital...but can't say that  her sunday perf was a total washout either!! 😳...she had a very difficult scintillating number...n ya even though she did appear to be breathless in parts...that was again a key element in the rendition...but the husky n amazing texture of her voice is depicted in the song...which brings out the perky essence...& that is laudable indeed...👍🏼...n this was so  not her genre to begin with...yet she gave it a shot & pulled it off to an extent...

For a subtle reserved girl of her stature...Anwesha tried her best n maybe there are minor glitches but what the heck!...while her versatility speaks volumes on her sat's rendition...she was def. not on the downside on Sunday as well  barring her form in the earlier epi of this season...her graph has shot up considerably & how!! 👏 

What is really praiseworthy is that Anwesha never resorted to playing it safe by sticking to her signature scores like 'Mere dholna' or even an 'HDDCS' for that matter which she attemped only once on JJWS 2...she has dared to explore other styles n step out of her comfort zone at this stage of the comp...knowing that it may have dire consequences...attagirl! 😃
Edited by nonny - 11 years ago
OMG the only reason i and my motherinlaw watched the show is because of Shaan, he just makes us smile with his always charming smile, we laugh so much when we see shaan,  just wondering does his jaw hurt coz his constantly smiling...Shaan is awesome the way he looks, smiles talks, dance, sings...now do we need to say any more...

usually im not a fan of anyone not even shaan i apprecaite what artist do its amazing and talented, but im not a fan of anyone...its just we started to watch the show coz of shaan...quite funny isn't???

But ye congrats to Irfan but we were Sreeram supporter...never mind

Shaan is a good singer and Judge :)))