India-Forums

Members Lounge
Members Lounge

Love marriage or Arrange?

popkurn IF-Rockerz
popkurn
popkurn

Posted: 28 April 2005 at 5:01pm | IP Logged

Hi guys, Im not sure if this topic was posted before but I was just wondering...Arrange or Love marriage?

Some people in India nowadays still get arrange marriage, I dont think thats a bad thing, sometimes when you do get arrange marriage it doesnt work out, there are lots of problems with the husband and wife...and it just doesnt turn out as it is suppose to, or the mother-in-law on the girls side turns out to be like a wicked witch or the husband turns out to be a bad guy..anything can happen, but sometimes it turns out great..both husband and wife are great...both work..sometimes have children...on and on. In my opinion an arrange marriage is great (when it turns out fine). I dont mind getting arrange marriage (that is when im old enough lol) What I mean is I wouldnt mind if my parents picked out the guy for me but I would want to know him for a year before I get married like get to know him in a year and then perhaps get married.

Love marriage also sometimes work out and sometimes dont, again it depends on how strong your love is. Mostly in Canada, U.S.A, etc. people get married as in love marriage...Im not sayng ALL but most, love marriage is very common. But 10% of the time, love marriage doesnt work out either, it just makes bigger problems. Sometimes when you are in love and you want to get married, your parents dont want you to get married to the guy that you chose, becuase they think the guy isnt right for you or something, the same thing sometimes happens to guys as well.

Alright I said enough...those were my opinions...what is your opinion? If you are getting married what kind of marriage do you want? And if you are married what kind of marriage did you have? And did it turn out great? Some marriages maybe personal, so I dont mind you not sharing Smile Wow this is my longest post ever!!!

Over to you guys Smile

(This exact same thing is posted at IF.in)

Priya

kripawgr Goldie
kripawgr
kripawgr

Posted: 28 April 2005 at 5:09pm | IP Logged

well its so diifi yaar pria

if i love someone i would say love marriage

but i know you can meeet ya soulmate in arrange marriage too

how about love marraige .....arranged

or arrange marraige ...........love

LOLLOL

sukh IF-Rockerz
sukh
sukh

Posted: 28 April 2005 at 5:12pm | IP Logged

LOL its depend on u. either some people can make it .& some not.

then its no matter weather its love or arannge marrige.

just my 2 cents.

in both ways its really hard to keep that.  but not impossibleEmbarrassed

blughost91 Goldie
blughost91
blughost91

Posted: 28 April 2005 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
anything that ur stomach tells u Wink .....u know if its full then love mariiages.... if its empty then arranged marriage...LOL

Edited by blughost91 - 28 April 2005 at 6:10pm
blughost91 Goldie
blughost91
blughost91

Posted: 28 April 2005 at 6:07pm | IP Logged
depends Smile ...u know wat would b great??? if the guy u love is also the guy that ur parents want ur mariage 2 b arranged wit Big smile !!!! anyways if it doesn't work out then there's always DIE-VORCE Broken Heart !!!!! u get money out of it Angry !!!anyways it all depends on how u look at it... but for me love/arranged marriages Clap !!!
mahn786ch Senior Member
mahn786ch
mahn786ch

Maheen,you will live on in our hearts

Posted: 28 April 2005 at 6:30pm | IP Logged

Well I would say love and arranged marriage.  If I can find someone who I think is the perfect one for me then I will talk to my family but if they don't want me to marry him then I won't. Because for me my family will be more important than a few months old love for another person.

That doens't mean that I don't value love. I do and hope that what I have mentioned above never happens in my life but just a thought what I would do.

Anyways if I don't find my dream man then it will be arranged by my family. And I would accept whatever destiny has for me.

shahidlover24 IF-Sizzlerz
shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 28 April 2005 at 9:36pm | IP Logged

lol........nice topic!

i would say luv as long as my parents approve then it will be the happily ever after sort of thingTongue

like u said priya, arranged is okay as long as i get to no the guy cuz i'm not gunna meet the guy once and be like yup hes the one for me!.......i have to get to no him, his personality, and everything!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The above is wut i thought before marriage!..........but NOW i'm happily married to Shahid!Embarrassed..........we fell in luv and parents approved so now we are really happy and have no plans of getting divorcedTongue

-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 28 April 2005 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
i would have a love marriage becoz i think its much better . even my parents had a love marriage and now they r so happy with each other. all i want is that my parents r happy with my choice .

Go to top