Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

_Avatarana_

IF-Dazzler

_Avatarana_

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 3:46am | IP Logged
I do not know whether this is the right place to suggest this. If not, feel free to close this and instead guide me to the right place.
Satyamev Jayate Forum is hit by a spammer for the past three weeks. First time, a request was posted on the thread to stop spamming. Second time, I opted to report the thread. It recurs again and there is no end to this menace on Satyamev Jayate Forum. Have a look at the forum which is filled with spam thread upto the sixth page. Its highly annoying.

If after warnings, the spammer continues to post such threads week after week, take the necessary action. Kindly address this issue ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Edited by My-Simi - 10 June 2012 at 3:50am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

znursinghatominiskavyasam

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kindly end spamming menace on SatyamevJayate Forum" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..enchanted..

IF-Stunnerz

..enchanted..

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 3:52am | IP Logged
Yes please look into forum and clean it up:))

-Purva-

IF-Dazzler

-Purva-

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 5:00am | IP Logged
Why can't SMJ forum have regular mods? We only have the Channel Moderator looking after the forum currently. We do need at least 2 mods.

I don't think that simply cleaning the forum is an optimum solution. We see this nonsense happening every week. Why can't the damned spammers have their IP addresses blocked? Is there a special dispensation required to take a permanent step?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

znursinghatominis

kavyasam

IF-Rockerz

kavyasam

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 5:19am | IP Logged
One user has spammed for more than 6 pages with the same id at very short intervals.  It is happenning very frequently in many forums now.  Cannot there be a rule where a user is automatically limited to making not more than 3 or 4 topics in one particular forum for a given amount of time (per day or for few hours time limit).  that way spamming can be controlled  until the mod is able to take action.  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Autumn...enchanted..

-Purva-

IF-Dazzler

-Purva-

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 5:23am | IP Logged
@kavya

right now the SMJ forum doesn't have even one mod. We only have the Channel Moderator assigned tot he forum and she logs in, once in 10 days. Till then we have to suffer.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kavyasam

kavyasam

IF-Rockerz

kavyasam

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 5:46am | IP Logged
@chitrashi - I was talking about all forums where spamming is happening, that there can be a rule made to limit topics for a given time for all members automatically that way if the mod is not present the spammer will still be controlled.

-Purva-

IF-Dazzler

-Purva-

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 5:51am | IP Logged
I saw an excellent suggestion in one of the threads - make it impossible for anyone below IF-Dazzler to post limited number times in a given time frame.

Limiting the number of posts in one forum to 3-4 in an hour might be counter-productive. Since quite a few of us discuss various topics in the same forum. Limit that to 3-4 posts in an hour, people will go away.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kavyasam

kavyasam

IF-Rockerz

kavyasam

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 5:56am | IP Logged
no not posts I meant making new topics should be limited, to 3-4 topics per person per day per forum.  Limiting posts will limit valid discussions like u said. Plus spamming a topic with posts is not as bad as spamming forum with topics.  

Post Reply New Post

Go to top