Arhi FF| The Pretend Girlfriend (COMPLETE Pg.100)

un.complicated thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Chapter 1

"Chotte, when are you going to introduce us to your girlfriend?" Anjali pleaded as she limped after her brother who'd just returned from the office. 

"Di, we've spoken about this before; I'm not ready to introduce her to the family." Arnav replied, closing his eyes with regret. He hated lying to his Di; but the topic about his love life and marriage had reached a point of exhaustion where he had literally shouted at his family that he already had a girlfriend and did not need them to find him one. 

"Arnav bitwa, don't you think it's time that we found you a girl?" Nani asked her grandson. "You've had plenty of time to find one for yourself but you are always tied up in your work that you hardly have enough time for a love life." 

Arnav took in a deep breath to calm down his quickly rising anger. 

"Nani's right Chotte, I really want a sister-in-law; I want to see you happy," Anjali added, throwing in her puppy dog face look.

Already frustrated from a long day at work, Arnav stood up suddenly from the dining table; his chair screeching loudly against the marble floor as he did so. His family winced at the sound, but his face remained masked of any emotion. He was sick and tired of them pleading and encouraging him to find a woman. Don't they understand that he was not interested? 

"You will do no such thing Nani because I already have a girlfriend." Arnav bluffed and immediately left the room soon after acting ignorant to the shocked faces of his family. 

He only wished now that he could take back what he said that night. Since then, his family had been digging and hinting (not very subtly) about his non-existent girlfriend. But hell, he couldn't even tell them her name because she doesn't exist! He thought frustratedly.  

"I don't care what you say Chotte but she is to be here and to stay with us for the upcoming Diwali celebrations and Akash's wedding. Tell her to pack her bags for a month because she will be staying as a guest at our home." 

Arnav's eyes widened comically. 

"What the-?" He started, astonished. "But Di ... I can't ... She can't ..." Arnav was rendered speechless. 

"I thought that you and Nani didn't approve of any live-in situations Di." He finally said after he took himself out of his shocked mode, smirking proudly at the excuse he had come up with. 

"Chotte, I'm not oblivious. Our family were not aware but I know that you've had relationships before ... and I also know that they were physical ones mainly," She paused blushing. Arnav felt his cheeks burn as well in shame that his sister knew about his escapades. "You've never mentioned any of your previous girlfriend's to us before; and suddenly  you're protecting your relationship being ruined by Nani and I requesting to find you a wife. You wouldn't have done so if she didn't mean anything to you. You're in love Chotte, I can see it. Please, please introduce this wonderful girl in  your life to your Di?" She pleaded, her eyes starting to brim with tears. 

For the second time that night Arnav found himself speechless and unconsciously started nodding. He quickly realised what he did when the tears suddenly disappeared from Anjali's eyes and was replaced with a beaming smiled. 

"Great! Now go freshen up and come down for dinner!" She giggled; and Arnav could have sworn that she practically skipped out of his room. 

Groaning he fell on his bed, running a hand over his tired face. What had he got himself into?

INDEX
Chapter 1: Above
Chapter 2: Below
Chapter 3: Link
Chapter 4A: Link
Chapter 4B: Link
Chapter 5: Link
Chapter 6: Link
Chapter 7: Link
Chapter 8A: Link
Chapter 8B: Link
Chapter 8C: Link
Chapter 9: Link
Chapter 10: Link
Chapter 11: Link

This is now a completed Fan Fiction. 

Author's Note (A.N.)
Remember to either 'Like' or 'Comment' on this FF
Edited by -kitti- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BarunSara thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Gr8 start luvd it jus waitn 2 see wot wil great arnav singh raizada wil do fr his biiig lie lol;) cntnue sn waitn
KKG_ASR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
New FF wat will be in the 2nd chap waiting 1st one pulls to the 2nd awaiting... 1st chap is lil short 2nd updt a lnger one pls :)
glv_15 thumbnail
nice start...continue soon
s2612 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
new FF..its interesting...arnav lying about non-existent gf and his di and family are hell bent on meeting his gf...what he has gotten himself into??? is khushi going to be pretending gf...
update soon!!
nimra21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This seems very interesting. Update soon. :)
un.complicated thumbnail
Chapter 2

He had a week. 

He had less than 168 hours to find a girl to bring home and introduce her to his family. 

It was simple really, he just had to pay a girl to pretend to be his girlfriend for a month - but then, when he thought about it, it wasn't that simple at all. In fact it was going to be god damn difficult as not only does this girl have to be a respectable one who his family would approve of but she also had to be one who he, Arnav Singh Raizada, would have fallen in love with, as his nutty older sister has so concluded. 

He had considered hiring one of his models at AR;  but then he realised that his family would disapprove of his terrible choice in girls as his models were all stuck up, vain girls; and it would only spur them on along their persistence in finding a woman.  

12 hours left.

The clock was ticking, the minutes and hours diminished quickly and he had yet to find a girl to take home and his family expected him to bring her tomorrow morning.  

He racked his mind over and over again for potential girls all day; having not realised that it was now 10PM, and all of his staff had left. 

What was he going to do? He had got his sister's hopes up so high, all of them had been getting excited over the week about being introduced to the potential girl in Arnav's life. His family, mainly, Nani, Mamiji and Di had been running around the house making it perfect for the arrival of their Chotte's girl (with the help of the Prakash brothers of course - their butlers). 

He had never seen so much excitement in his family. With Diwali coming up, and Akash's wedding to Payal Gupta later that month but he had to admit that all of them were more excited to meet his girlfriend than anything else. 

He groaned loudly, feeling the urge to bang his head on his desk repeatedly.

He was broken from his reverie when his phone started ringing. He took a note of the called ID and it was his sister.  

"Di, I'm fine. I just haven't left the office yet. Yes, yes. I will be home soon. In fact I'm leaving now. Bye Di," He ended the call. He knew that there was nothing left to do. He had dug himself a deep grave and now he was just going to have to tell his family the truth. 

With a dejected sigh, he waited for his chauffeur to fetch his Jeep. It was pouring down with rain outside. 

What usually was a short 15 minute drive to his home seemed to take ages and truth be told, Arnav was trying to buy himself as much time as possible before he had to submit to the inevitable truth. 

As he drove along the deserted road, something red caught his eye. As he neared closer, he realised that it was a girl walking along the road dragging a large suitcase and several other bags quite unsuccessfully. Normally Arnav did not stop to help strays; but something about this girl made him stop his Jeep and roll down his window. He took in a sight that he would always remember. The petite girl had wrapped her arms around herself and was drenched from head to toe; her red anarkali suit clinging to her small but curvaceous form. Her hair was in a side plait and her fringe clung onto her rounded face; matted down by the rain. 

Slowly she looked up and looked at him, Arnav felt the air being knocked out of him. Her eyes. They were molten brown, just oozing with innocence and vulnerability. The rain clung on the tips of  her long eyelashes and dripped down her cheeks and straight nose eventually falling down as droplets on her plump pink lips. Feeling his gaze on her, she nervously licked her lips, taking in the rain water. 

"Do you need help?" Arnav asked after a while, coming out of his stupor. 

The girl parted her lips as if she was about to say something and stopped. She paused for a moment to evaluate him and his intentions and then nodded at him. 

Arnav unlocked his Jeep and walked out into the rain. He took her bags from her and put them in the boot of his white Jeep; he then opened the door to the passenger seat and  helped her in.

Quickly he ran to the other side and jumped in to escape the harsh downpour. 

He didn't immediately start the car up. Instead to took a moment to look at her again. 

"What are you doing out here in this rain with your bags?" He questioned. 

The girl shut her eyes briefly and he noticed the clench of her fist before she turned around and looked at him straight in the eyes. 

"I caught my boyfriend cheating on me with a *****." She spat out. 

Arnav was taken back by her fluent English and vulgar language; one would not be able to tell from the way she presented herself that she was a highly educated girl and one would also not be able to guess that she was a type of girl who was a willing participant in a live-in arrangement with her now ex-boyfriend. 

"And so you decided to move out in the middle of the night with it raining cats and dogs outside?" He raised an eyebrow. 

She shrugged sheepishly, "It seemed like a good idea at the time," She admitted with a blush. 

Arnav felt a smirk form on his face.

"Thank you for stopping. Not many people are that kind or thoughtful these days." She said graciously, Arnav nodded at her - his brows joined together thoughtfully as he suddenly had a great idea.

"Do you know where you are going?" He asked her.

"Well I was hoping to stumble upon a motel along the way for the night. Then I'd have to start hunting for a new apartment for myself. I left my old one to move in with that prick." She finished vengefully. 

"Well, you won't have been able to find a motel around here any time soon. There isn't one for miles; and they're not that welcoming or safe either. Especially for girls like you ..." He trailed off.

"What do you mean for girls like me?" She asked him.

"Well, I - I mean, you're a girl, by herself, who's just broken up with her boyfriend and -"

"And what? Am vulnerable? Let me tell you Mr. I am far from vulnerable," She argued back with fire in her eyes. 

'Yes, she'd do perfectly.' Arnav thought. 

"Arnav Singh Raizada." Arnav replied.

"What?" She asked. 

"My name is Arnav Singh Raizada," he repeated with a hint of a smile on his face. 

The girl gave him a shy smile before saying, "I'm Khushi Kumari Gupta." 

Chapter 3: Link
Edited by -kitti- - 11 years ago
laksh65 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
wow liked the story line, both chapters were interesting. please update soon the next one.
Siaa_Rickman thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
A great start!

Khushi is a modern well versed lady and ASR trust him to lie blatantly like that and trust even more Anjali to feel that her chotte has fallen in love!!! Kuhshi was already in a live-in, guess she might be enraged if AR proposes that to her albeit she might be furious at first!!

Two chapters in a row to read was a treat :) Looking forward for more and pm's please :)
Caroline_arhi thumbnail
Interesting:)
Cont soon:)
Thanks for the PM<3