Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Our KTLK-Version - 1 CH 35(pg 144)Ashu's Legacy (Page 85)

Post Reply New Post

Page 85 of 150

Libra

IF-Rockerz

Libra

Posted: 13 July 2012 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aazeen02

Originally posted by sshirley

Originally posted by Libra

@sshirley
@Aazeen02

Hey guys. I guess u guys are in India, so I guess technically it is sat. But for me it's still Friday afternoon.LOL

Any way, jokes apart, this chap is going a bit slower for me than my other ones. I have so many ideas, but I can't possibly write them all down, so fast, and  I need to warn you all also, that this chap is gonna be really really long, at least 2-3 pages, I hope you won't get bored. I guess I could may be post a little bit tonight and the rest next week. We will see. So please bear with me.
Turags is away till mon but before leaving she gave me so many ideas, iam having fun writing this one. That's why its taking so long.
I try to be as fast as I can
Thanks.
Anu

THanks anu,

i m so exciotd to know abt ur long chapter...u both write so well, 2-3 pages toh kya, if u write 20-30 pages na toh bhi we will enjoy it...

so, eagerly awaiting ur chapter tonight...which i guess will be sat morning for us in india
I second u shirley... Anu di.. will surely b waitin alright? plz do update soon...
I will do the best I can sweetheart.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ZedZeearu29Aazeen02Suvika.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Our KTLK-Version - 1 CH 35(pg 144)Ashu's Legacy (Page 85)" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Libra

IF-Rockerz

Libra

Posted: 14 July 2012 at 2:08am | IP Logged
       Hello, guys, here's my new chap, I hope you all enjoy it. I am sorry about the delay. I had a lot more to write, but I saved it for the next chap , if I had continued you guys would not have gotten anything till Monday.  Smile

CHAPTER 27

Nidhi, woke up in the middle of the night, she was really hungry, but she couldn't move, it seemed that even in sleep, her husband wasn't willing to,let her go. She smiled and leaned over to give him a kiss on his cheek, his beard tickled her nose.  He looked so sexy.  But she was paying the price for his beard, there were places  on her body that were starting to sting, it seemed that her husband in his enthusiasm, had forgotten his beard and now she had mild scratches over her body. Mostly it was not a problem , but in certain area like her chest and neck , her cheeks, and a tiny bit around her mouth, it was going to be extremely difficult cover them up. It would be more difficult to even try and explain. Looks like she had her work cut out for her tomorrow morning, she needed to be extra careful with her concealer.  Anyway that issue, was for the morning, right now she was ravenous. Nidhi, tried to, scoot out from beneath Ashu, but without waking him up, it was going to be Impossible. Her husband had her well and truly trapped.  Not that she minded, normally, but today she was really hungry. Then suddenly as if sensing her needs, even in sleep, Ashu turned over to his side and she was free.  Nidhi, inched out of the bed and started to look for her clothes, finally she gave up and went to the wardrobe and got a fresh nightgown. After washing her face and brushing her teeth, she went to the kitchen, to find something to eat. Ashu, had said that HM kaka had cooked for her last night, so she opened the fridge and checked to see what was there. HM kaka had indeed made her, her favorite meal, rice and alloo paneer sabzi.  But strangely she did not feel like eating that, just looking at it put her off.  She felt like eating something else, then she found some bharva baingan, and chapatti s, they looked yummy, so she heated them up and went to the dining table, with a book that she had started a while ago. She was still eating, and reading, when Ashu, on not finding her in their room, and seeing the light on in the dining area, came out. He stood in the doorway just watching her, she was so engrossed that she had not noticed him yet, he just never got tired of looking at her, after all, she was the most precious thing in his life.  Then suddenly he noticed what she was eating, Baingan, his nidhi was eating Baingan. He hoped she was not falling sick or something, Nidhi never even touched Baingan.  He walked to her and bent down and kissed her on the head, Nidhi looked up at him, startled, she had not heard him approach, she had been so engrossed in her book and enjoying her meal. "Aap?  Aap kyon uth Gaye. Maine disturb toh nahin kiya na aapko? I am sorry...". Ashu, cut her off,"Nidhi, of course you disturbed me. You weren't there in our bed, why wouldn't I get disturbed by that. I finally got you back after three days, only to get up in the middle of the night, and find my wife missing again. I was wondering where you had gone, when I saw the light on outside and came here looking for you, only to find you sitting here enjoying yourself without me. By the way," he said very hesitantly and cautiously, almost as if he was approaching a rather dangerous  no entry zone, "you do know what you are eating right?". Nidhi, looked down, and froze, she looked at her plate and her face had a horrified expression on it. Baingan she was eating Baingan, the one vegetable she absolutely hated and she was eating and liking it. 
"Ashutosh, help. Yeh mujhe kya ho gaya hai. I hope I am not loosing my mind or something. I am eating this vegetable that, to me, still looks like a mouse that has been given phaansi, and yet I am relishing it. What's wrong with me".  Ashu, was amused, but wisely he controlled his laughter, and pulled her into his arms, "sweetheart, don't cry, it's ok. Kabhi kabhi, aisa hota hai. When a person is really tired they do strange things. Don't worry, your fine. Achcha, abhi, aur khana hai, or are you done.". Nidhi, sniffed and wiped her tears, and drew away from him, she looked so adorable , that little pout on her face that he loved so much and her tear streaked face, she looked like a child who didn't know whether to laugh or cry,"You're sure na,  I am fine"?   Ashu-"Yes, Nidhi, you're fine. Ab tell me are u done"? Nidhi looked at him sheepishly,"actually, I am still hungry. Par, aap jaake so jaayiye. I'll come as soon as I'm done.".  Ashu-"Nahin, I'll keep you company, while you finish, so hurry up".  After she finished, Ashu helped her put away everything, and then took her back into their room. There was no way he was going to let her out of his sight.  He did have other plans, when he had gotten up, but seeing her looking so tired, he just took her in his arms, and held her while she fell asleep again. 

Once again, Nidhi woke up first, she was still in her husbands arms. She didn't want to, but she knew that she had to get up and get ready, she had to help HM kaka make breakfast and then had to leave for the hospital. So she inched away from Ashu and swung her legs over the side of the bed. Suddenly her head started spinning, and she felt as if she was going to faint,  and she also felt like throwing up. So she sat down again and took some deep breaths.  She stayed like that for a couple of minutes, when she felt better, she tried to stand again. Nothing happened, she was fine.  Nidhi let out a sigh of relief, wow she really must be tired. She wished that she did not have to go to the hospital today, but she had given her word to Rohan that she would be there and give a report about her whole experience at the camp. Rohan wanted to do a piece on the medical camp from the villagers perspective as well as the doctors and interning doctors point of view regarding the pros and cons,  of such camps and advertising  the benefits of modern medicine amongst the illiterate, and rural areas. 
She had barely taken a couple of steps, when the nausea came back in full force, Nidhi rushed to the bathroom, and made it just in time. 
She felt better after she had thrown up, and,  by the time she showered and got ready, she was absolutely ok.  I am probably really tired, I'll come back early and get some rest, she promised herself. Then went out to the kitchen to help HM kaka get the day started.

Ashu, got up and once again found his wife missing,' does this woman never stay still, ' he thought to himself and shook his head. Then he heard voices coming from outside, and looked at the time, and got up.  When he was ready, he came out and saw, Baba and Nidhi, on the dining table talking. She had gotten breakfast ready and was in the process of serving Baba, when he walked up to them, and touched Babas feet and wished him  good morning and smiled at Nidhi, she smiled  back and served him his breakfast. Nidhi, was feeling sick again, and she knew that if she ate anything, she would throw up.  So, she made a show of serving herself also, and pretended to eat. She slowly, sipped her tea and nibbled on a piece of toast, whilst Baba and Ashu, carried on some conversation, but she was not listening to,them, rather trying to find a way to avoid Ashu from finding out that she was not well. He worried too much about her, and he would not let her go to the hospital, and it was important for the PR campaign that everything stayed on schedule, so she could not delay her meeting and let down Rohan and other members of the board and staff that were involved in this campaign along with her. But she promised herself that she would not stay there any longer than absolutely necessary.  Ashutosh's question pulled her out of her thoughts,"Nidhi, why aren't you eating, we're going to be late, so hurry up and lets go".  Nidhi-"I am done lets go. I am not really hungry right now, must be all the food I had earlier this morning". Baba, looked at them both questioningly, and Ashu proceeded to tell him  that Nidhi had been so tired and hungry, in the middle of the night, that she had eaten Baingan and not even noticed, infact had actually enjoyed it.  Baba laughed and patted Nidhi on the head and said,"Ashu, you can tease my Nidhi like that. Now, both of you get going or you'll be late for work".  

Throughout the drive, Nidhi, felt extremely sick, so she put her head back and kept her eyes closed, luckily she had thought to put some candies in her purse. They helped her keep most of the nausea at bay. When they reached the hospital, Ashu stopped her from getting out,"Nidhi, I think you are really tired, you slept most of the way and are still looking really pale. I want you to finish your meetings and go back home to rest. You can send the car back for me. And promise me that you won't overdo anything".   Nidhi, smiled and kissed him on the cheek, and she couldn't resist caressing his beard, then  promised him that she would take care and go home as soon as she had finished the meetings scheduled for the morning.  Nidhi, rarely felt this bad, she had been queasy the last few days, but had passed it off. Today, she felt horrible. She knew she was getting sick, she just hoped that she had not caught anything at the camp, otherwise Ashu would never let her go back again.  Well as soon as she was done for the day, she would go up and see the internist on duty, and get some blood tests, just to make sure. And maybe get him to give her some antibiotics, or whatever, to make her feel better.  

Divya, the receptionist out front wished her a good morning, and then did a double take, and stared at Nidhi.  Nidhi looked at her questioningly, "Kya hua Divya, aise kyon dekh rahi ho"?   Divya-" Dr. Nidhi, are you ok"?  Nidhi-"yes why"?   Divya,-"well you look really pale, and you have something like a rash on your face, neck, and chest. I think that you should go up and let the doctor take a look, and maybe get some medicine or ointment".    Nidhi, looked confused, then a second later, her face turned crimson, 'oh no! The scratches from Ashu's beard', she had forgotten to cover them up. She had been feeling so sick this morning that she had forgotten about the beard scratches.  'Oh my god, I'll never live it down, AB main kya karoon"?  She  mumbled something to Divya about going up to the doctor as soon as she could, and was about to rush out, when Ashutosh came up beside her and wished Divya a good morning. Divya, looked up at him then looked at his beard and Then at Nidhi. She saw Nidhi, looking down and trying to hide her blush. And burst out laughing. When Ashu, looked at her, she coughed back her laugh and wished him good morning, and tried to look busy doing some work all the while still, trying to choke back her laugh. Ashu, looked puzzled from Nidhi to her. Nidhi, took his hand and pulled him into a nearby records room, and buried her face in his chest. Ashu had to literally pry her away. "Nidhi, kya hua".  Nidhi told him everything, and he burst out laughing. She looked at him crossly,"iss mein hasne ki kya baat hai. Do you know how embarrassing this is. I don't even have the right type of make up, to cover everything up. Now what do I do"?  Ashu-"well first, it serves  us right, you come up with the dumbest, most hair brained, crazy ideas, and I the fool, that I am, love you so much that I can't say no to you for anything. Now we both have to suffer the consequences".  When he saw how upset she was he said,"ok ok let's do this, just stay away from me, don't let anyone see us together today. It is very obvious what these scratches are if people see us together. And try and use whatever you have with you in your purse to cover as much as you can. It'll be ok sweetheart. Don't worry." after reassuring herAshu left the room, and went to his office, there, he let out the laugh he had been holding back, ever since Nidhi had pulled him into the records room.  Poor baby she was really mortified. And he was absolutely delighted, for once he wasn't the only one who had to suffer embarrassment, resulting from her looney ideas.  Ashu, wondered if she even realized that everyone had seen her pulling him into the records room. He really wanted to be there when she realized that she had just, added more fuel to the fire. Of course he would be embarrassed also, but everyone was intimidated by him so they would not say anything directly to him, although they would laugh themselves silly behind his back, but his poor Nidhi, she was friends with everyone right from the maintenance people all the way to the top, and she would get all the direct hits and teasing from everybody. He wondered if he should  go save her. Then he stopped himself, no, I think I'll  just watch the fun for a little while and then go save her.  This was too good, Dr. Nidhi, was  in a pickle of her own making. Devine justice.  Life was good. 

Downstairs, Nidhi, went to the ladies room and tried to do damage control. She was putting on the final touches around her lips, when her friend, Dr. Priyanka, came in, with a smirk on her face. She looked at Nidhi and with tongue in cheek, said,"Nidhi, what happened. Yeh tumhe kya ho  gaya hai, sare neck pe rashes hain, you want me to get you something for that, how about Dr. Ashutosh, unhe bula doon". Nidhi glared at her,"ok go ahead and laugh, fine friend you are instead of helping me, you're laughing. Just wait, I'll have my day with you also". Priyanka, laughed and went up and hugged Nidhi,"yaar look at it from my side, please. Hum sab log hospital mein pichle chaar dino se soch rahe the ki Dr. Ashu ne dadhi kyon nahin banayi. We all though that he was doing a devdas, cause he was missing you. Poor guy was so embarrassed, he knew exactly what we were all saying behind his back. And never once did he complain, and we all wondered that since we were all making fun why didn't he just shave the beard. AB pata chala ke you were behind all this. Yaar, Nidhi be fair, for four days the guy has been suffering embarrassment on your account, it's only fair that you get your fair share also, na"?  Nidhi, finally saw the funny side and burst out laughing. Nidhi-"yaar, you're right. He loves me a lot. What can I say. Achcha, ab bahut laugh kar liya, at my expense, now help me, cover up jitna bhi ho sakta hai".  With priyankas help, Nidhi, did she best she could. The area around the lips, and cheeks looked fine, but her  neck and chest, there was no way, they could be covered, So she used her dupatta, to cover up,  as much as she could of her neck and chest. But. Koi fayda nahin. Sab kuch dikh raha tha.  With a resigned look on her face she started to leave the ladies room, and stopped, and with a groan sat down on the floor, and buried her face in her hands. Priyanka,  worried about what suddenly happened to make her just on the floor like that, hurried over and asked her what happened multiple times, but Nigh did not respond. Just as she was about to call for Dr. Ashutosh, Nidhi lifted her head,"yaar Priyanka, I am dead", Priyanka looked puzzled,"I was with baba this morning, and HM kaka and both of them were giving me strange looks, but I didn't pay attention. And the same way Divya concluded what happened, I think Baba did the same, when  Ashutosh, came out of our bed room. Now I understand why Baba was looking embarrassed and trying to control his laughter at the same time. Only I didn't pay attention at the time cause I was feeling so sick. Oh lord, how am I going to face them when I get back home. Mai toh sharam ke mare mar jaaoongi yaar. What do I do? I think I need to talk to Dr. Ashutosh.  Thank god, my  meetings don't start for another half an hour".  Priyanka, was trying to comfort her and at the same time trying to hold back her laugh, although not successfully. Nidhi glared at her, while she called Ashutosh. Ashu, had been about to leave his office to go on rounds, when he got her call, now what he thought,"hello, Nidhi. What's the matter"?  Nidhi, explained everything and told him that she was never going to come out of the ladies room again, and that either he could learn to live without her, or come visit her in the bathroom.  Ashu listened to her with a stunned expression, he put his phone down to avoid dropping it, and then burst out laughing so hard, all the doctors and staff came over to see if he was ok. Ashu had tears running down his cheeks , by the time he could get some semblance  of control over himself. Then he picked up the phone again, and saw that nidhi had hung up. He got up, put the phone in his pocket, and then went down to take care of his upset wife. He chuckled all the way shaking his head. When he reached the ladies room he knocked, Dr. Priyanka, peeped to see who it was and saw Ashu,"thank god you are here sir. Nidhi, is really upset and refuses to come out, I don't know what to do"!  Ashu-"don't worry Priyanka, I'm here now, if you could  let me have a few minutes alone with my wife please, I'll sort this whole thing out. Oh, and please put the out of order sign on the door so that no one comes in". After Priyanka left, Ashu, went in, he saw Nidhi, huddled, on a chair in the corner of the ladies room. He went up to her and knelt down beside her chair. Nidhi looked at him,"Go away, I don't want to talk to you. I don't love you any more, I am going to out and find some else, someone who doesn't laugh and make fun of me".  Ashu, smiled and pulled into his arms,"you know you can't live without me. Plus who's gonna love you more than I do. Sweetheart,  I have already told you before, no one else has a constitution strong enough to withstand all your looneyness.  And I  am afraid I falls on me to save mankind, from all your hair brained ideas. So, we're stuck with each other. Seriously sweetheart, it ok. Don't worry. What done is done. When you go home just pretend, and behave as though nothing happened, I'll help you. And see what I have. It's an ointment that'll calm down the redness and after a couple of hours nothing will even be visible".  Nidhi-"why didnt you give this to me before now".  Ashu-"well, ..."he tried, but failed to sound remorseful.  Nidhi looked at him and his expressions and then noticed the laugh that he was trying so hard to control, and she burst out laughing also.  They both laughed and hugged each other. That my girl, ashu thought, nothing can keep her down for too long.  Finally with the crises averted, he gave her one last hug and told her he had to go for rounds and that he was late already. He also reminded her that she needed to get home early, and he would see her in the evening. When he left, Priyanka, came in once again, and she saw the ointment nidhi was applying to the beard scratches/burns. She smiled and also gave her some concealer that she had with her. Nidhi looked at her great fully, and then proceeded to cover up the damage. When they were done, you could hardly see anything. But as soon as Nidhi stepped out of the bathroom, she saw that everyone was staring at her and had smirks on their faces. She knew that it was useless, the damage was already done, so she just needed to suck it up and go with the flow. 

She got to the conference room just on time, the meeting  had just begun. She went in and greeted everybody, and sat down. nidhi was very aware of everyone and the fact that they were avoiding looking directly at her. When she could not bear it any longer, she suddenly burst out,"all right everyone, please just laugh and get it off your chest.   I Can't stand this any longer"!  Her statement was so out of the blue and unexpected, there was a few seconds of pin drop silence, then all at once, everyone burst out laughing, after a while even Nidhi joined in. Nidhi,"ok , ok you've all has your fun for the morning, and since we're all adults,  let's drop it now. You've all had a good laugh at my expense. But please ab toh bas karo, haven't I been embarrassed enough for one day"!  Everyone in the room looked at her with affection and admiration. You had to give her credit, how many people had the courage to what she did. A couple of ladies, doctors, got up and came and gave her a hug. After everyone settled down again the atmosphere, was nice and light, all the reports were given to Rohan and all the relevant and important points  discussed. Then the meeting ended. Nidhi saw that almost three hours had passed, and she was feeling sick again. She was still sitting in her chair, even after everyone had left. Rohan saw her face and knew something was wrong, he had known it from the moment she had entered the room. Aside from the embarrassment factor, her face plainly told him something was wrong. He filled a glass with water had went to her, and handed her the water. Nidhi, looked up him greatfully and smiled,"I  should be used to your sensing my needs by now, but it still never fails to amaze me how well you know me and what I want and feel, without my having to,say a word". Rohan-"I am your friend. And a friend is supposed to know how their friend is feeling, so out with it what's the problem"?  Before she could say a word, she was hit by a sudden bout of nausea, Rohan took one look at her face and ran to get the waste basket. When she had finished throwing up, Rohan helped her sit down, and got her a clean towel and some more water, and helped her clean up.  Rohan-"If you were this sick, why did you come in, all you had to do was call me."Nidhi-"Rohan I knew I was sick, but I didn't realize I was this sick. I just wanted to come for the meeting. I was planning on going home right afterI visited the internist on duty to see exactly what bug I had managed to afflict myself with".   Rohan-"ok well you are going to go see the doctor now, and I'll also call Dr. Ashutosh, he can meet us in the doctors office".  He was about to call, Nidhi stopped him and said,"Rohan please don't call Ashutosh, just now, I want to know what I have before I let him know, for all I know it could just be a mild case of food poisoning from the dinner at the dhabba last night. I know him and he won't let me go to any more camps if I contracted anything from the villages". Rohan looked at her uncomfortably,"Nidhi, it's not right, hiding the fact that you are  sick from your husband. Think of how he will feel, when he finds out that you didn't tell him that you are sick. It's not fair".  Nidhi-"I know Rohan, but I don't want to worry Ashutosh unnecessarily. Let's at least go see the doctor first, and see what he has to,say, then I promise I'll tell Dr.  Ashutosh".  Nidhi wanted to go to the doctor by herself, but Rohan insisted on accompanying her.

The internist, Dr. Shyam Lal, greeted her with a smile, and told Rohan that he would take good care of Dr. Ashutosh's wife, and would call him (Rohan)when he was done examining her. Rohan smiled and thanked him and left Nidhi in his care. Dr. Lal took her vitals, and examined her throat nose etc. He then asked Nidhi, what were her symptoms and exactly how long she had been having them.  Nidhi answered all his questions, and then asked him if he knew what was going on with her, and what type of bug had got infected with. Dr. Lal was very non-committal.  He said that he needed to preform some tests first and needed blood and urine samples. After all was done, he said that he also needed her to be checked out by a gynecologist. Nidhi protested, and said that it was not necessary, and that she did not have  an appointment. Dr. Lal overrode all her objections and told her he had already called the gynec on the fifth floor, Dr. Padma Kothari, and that she was waiting for Nidhi. Oh well, Nidhi thought,that was one of the perks of being the wife of the chief of staff, you got immediate service. In this case it was a pain.  After her appointment with Dr. Kothari,  she got the same answer as the one Dr. Lal had given her, that they would call her as soon the results from her labs came back. They promised her that they would put a rush on it though, but the earliest they would know, would be sometime tomorrow afternoon.  But she was told, by both the doctors that she needed to rest and get plenty of fluids and eat properly and get a good nights rest. Dr. Kothari said that she wanted Nidhi off her feet for at least 24 hrs.
Just as her appointment with Dr. Kothari was almost over, Ashutosh rushed in, a panicked look to his face. "Nidhi, what wrong with you? Dr. Kothari, what's wrong with my wife"?  Dr. Kothari smiled at his panick,"Dr. Ashutosh, you need to calm down, Dr. Lal and I have both examined her, and have taken samples for tests. But she is fine, just a case of flu. But we will know for sure by tomorrow afternoon.  Till then she needs to be off her feet for at least 24 hrs, total rest, she looks run down, and plenty of fluids and lots of sleep. I've made a prescription for some medicine, please see that she takes these regularly, I'll call you as soon as I get the results. And relax, it doesn't look like anything to worry about".  

Ashutosh, took Nidhi, to his cabin. And had her sit down. He had not said a single word to her since his talk with the doctor. Nidhi looked at him , and reached out a hand to touch him,"Suniye,..." Ashutosh refuses to look at her, he didn't even give any response. "I am sorry, I didn't want to worry you, I knew you wouldn't have let me come if you had known, and it's important to keep to the schedule of the campaign, I couldn't let everyone down." Ashutosh-"So, you kept me in the dark, that you weren't feeling well. I had to informed by a stranger that my wife wasn't  feeling well. And if Dr. Lal hadn't called me, what then Nidhi, when would you have told me? After you got well"?  Nidhi-"I wasn't  thinking Ashutosh, all I knew was I didn't want to worry you. I am really sorry. I promise that from now onwards, I won't every hide anything like this from you ever again. Please don't be angry with me, I can't stand it, specially now, when I am not feeling well, I don't have the strength to stand up to your anger as well".  Just as Ashutosh started to say something, there was a knock at his door. Ashu  told whoever it was to come in, it was one of the staff from the hospital cafeteria, he had brought up the soup that Ashu had ordered up for Nidhi.  As soon as the smell of the Soup reached her, Nidhi once again could not control herself, once again she was barely in time to reach the bathroom , in Ashu's cabin.  After she was done being sick, Nidhi wondered just how much more she could take, there was nothing in her stomach, next time she was probably going to throw up her stomach itself. Ashutosh was right behind her. He helped her rinse her mouth and wash her face then he took her back and put her in the chair. He picked up his phone and cancelled all his appointments for the day and  the next day as well. He informed the staff the he was not available ,except for emergencies only.  Nidhi wanted to argue that he didn't have to cancel his appointments, but one look at his face and her own state of health,  and she didn't  say a word. After that he took her to the car and brought her home.

Baba, looked up with concern when he saw Nidhi's face, and how she was leaning on Ashu for support.  Ashu, explained everything to Baba while he was walking Nidhi to their room.  He told Baba that he would be right out as soon as he helped Nidhi to get into bed. Nidhi, was feeling very weak, but she had thrown up so many times that day, that she was also feeling very dirty. She, told Ashu, that she would not get into bed until she had a bath. Ashu protested, but Nidhi, did not budge. So, Ashu, said that they would compromise, and that the only way he would let her take a bath was if helped her. Nidhi was too tired to argue, so she agreed. After Ashu helped her with her bath and put her in bed, he went out of the room to talk to Baba, Ashu knew that he would be worried also.  Ashu, gave Baba all the details and told him that the doctor would call tomorrow with the test results. But whatever Nidhi had was particularly Nasty, because she has been throwing up since morning. 

Ashu checked in on Nidhi, several times, and she seemed to be sleeping everytime he looked in on her. Nidhi had been asleep for almost 6 hours now.  He knew she must have been really tired, after the medical camp, and throwing up all day. He  also knew she needed rest, but she also needed to eat, so if she did not wake up in the next hour or so, he would wake her up and make her eat something, and then she could go back to sleep again. 15 minutes later, just as he got up to check up on Nidhi, once again, he saw her come out of the room, looking totally refreshed. The sleep had done wonders for her. Ashu, hurried over to her. He helped her to the sofa, and sat her down, then checked her pulse, and her eyes, and then lifted her face to look at the color in the light. Having satisfied himself, that she was indeed on the mend. He went to the kitchen, and asked HM kaka to bring the soup, which he had, had made specially for her.   When Nidhi saw the soup, she made a face, and said that she didn't want it. Ashu-"but Nidhi, it's your favorite, and you have to eat something, you haven't eaten anything all day".   Nidhi-" I am hungry, but I really don't want that, I want something else. HM kaka what dal did you make today"?  When HM told her what dal he had made that evening.  They had dal everyday in their house, because Ashu loved to eat dal, he didn't care what type as long as it was dal, Nidhi said,"Kaka, that sounds delicious, can you bring me some of that".  Ashu, Baba, and HM looked at her in surprise. Ashu-"but Nidhi, you don't even like dal very much".  Nidhi-"that's all we ate at the camp for three days, and I learnt to appreciate it during that time. So can I have some please"?  Ashu looked pleased,"I am so glad Nidhi, dal is better for you anyway". HM kaka brought her a huge bowl full, she looked at it and laughed "kaka, I wanted some not the whole amount". Ashu-"nidhi, why don't you eat what you want, and I'll have the rest".    It pleased him to see that she was eating his favorite food, and with so much relish. He was however disappointed, that she did not eat enough, and since she had been sick all day, he didn't think that it was wise to force feed her.  They had all just finished dinner, when the doorbell rang. 

It was Nidhis, whole family. Anji,  went to Ashu and gave him a hug,"Hi, Jeejaji, we all came to see Nidhi. And specially me. I wanted to talk to her about the wedding plans, I need her help. I was going to ask you permission to take her home with me, till my wedding. So, what do you say. Can Nidhi come back home and help me with the wedding preparations".  Ashu, wanted to scream, in frustration. Why was the whole universe conspiring to keep them apart, he just got her back after three days and now his saali was wanting to take her for a full two weeks. But he knew that he had no choice, there was no polite way of refusing. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place. So reluctantly , he said yes. Anji, jumped up with delight, gave him another hug and said " wow, Jeejaji, you're the best".  Ashu-" you're pretty cool youself saaliji. But I'll let her go with you only on one condition, she has to get better first.  If she is so sick, then , she can't help you in any way, and you'll spend time away from the wedding taking care of her. So, give me 2-3days I'll have her as good as new and then you can take her away".  Nidhi had been watching this exchange between the two with some amusement,"hey Mr. Jeejaji, and Miss saaliji, you are talking about me here, how about asking me whether I want to come first, and you whether I want to stay, here until I get well. What if I want to go back and have my DB take take of me, that's neither here nor there. What'll the both of you do then, huh"?  Both Anji and Ashu looked at her and grinned, Ashu-" your opinion doesn't count, I am your husband, if I say you stay, then you stay, as simple as that". Anji-" and I am your friend and sister, if I say you have to help with my wedding then you have to". They looked so cute teaming up together, she didn't have the heart to tease them any more, so she said,"Well you both better thank your lucky stars I love you both so much, nahin toh...". Everyone laughed. Then the door bell rang again, it was armanji, he had been in Mumbai for the last week and a half, he came in and touched BB's CV's and DB's feet, and said hello to everyone else, and came and gave Nidhi a hug,"what's this I hear about you being sick, don't you know that you're not allowed. Your the lady of the house, if you get sick then who will take care of the rest of us here. So now that I am back and you need to get better fast, so we can have some fun, I am sure this Buddha of yours must have been boring you out of your mind, in my absence.". Nidhi, laughed, just as Arman knew she would. She was adorable, this little sister of his, and to see her looking so pale, was not acceptable to him. Nidhi, was really glad to see Armanji back home, she had missed him a lot. Home was not home without him. 

The doorbell rang once more. ' What is this, Grand Central Station?' Thought Ashu.  This time it was Rohan,  and he had something in his hand, after saying Hi to everyone. He went directly to the kitchen, Ashu was curious, so he followed Rohan there.  He saw Rohan taking Kulfi ice team out of a cooler box. And HM kaka was helping him to serve it in plates.  Ashu was about to protest, that anything from outside could harm Nidhi, but he stopped himself just in time. Of course, Rohan  would never do anything that could harm Nidhi. And besides this was her favorite desert, and it was good for her also, and rohan had brought it for her with so much love, who was he to refuse, and come in between two friends. Ashu offered to help him carry it to the living room. Rohan smiled and they both came out carrying a tray, with plates of Kulfi . Nidhi was delighted to see her precious kulfi, and literally grabbed it of the tray.  Everyone laughed, and Ashu looked indulgently on while his wife proceeded to finish every last  bite.  It was a noisy and pleasant evening spent with family. He was beginning to love them all quite dearly. They all left after a little while, and Baba and Arman, went to bed also. HM kaka said that he would wind up in the kitchen and also retire for the night. Ashu knew Nidhi, was tired also, and said his good nights, and helped her to the bedroom. Nidhi-"Ashutosh, I am sick, I am not an invalid".  Ashu laughed and hugged her,"hey I am your husband, and I've been very worried about you all day, so give me little leeway would you".  Ashu helped her lie down and said, "Nidhi, I wanted to talk to Arman about something, I'll be right back, I wanna catch him before he falls asleep". Ashu hurried to Arman's room and knocked on the door. Arman said to come in, when he saw Ashu, he sat up, and with concern on his face,"Ashu kya hua, Nidhi toh theek hain na"? Ashu was amazed at how quickly his wife succeeded in binding everything and everyone to her. Even Arman, who had been his friend since childhood, now seemed to be more concerned and attached to Nidhi, than him.  

Ashu-"no she's fine Arman, but I needed to talk to you about something important. Nidhi, is going to do stay with her father till Anjis wedding, for about two weeks, and the only way i am going to be able,to stay so long without her, is if I keep busy. Well you know that, Babas house belongs to all of us now, and Nidhi has been making noises about moving in. Well how about we plan a surprise for her. I was thinking that we could get the house ready and redecorate it according to nidhis tastes, which you will have find out about without giving away the surprise, and the day just before Anjis wedding  festivities start, we can have a surprise grah pravesh for Nidhi at her new house I have already talked to DB and Nidhis father, they love the idea and are very excited, and are ready to help in anyway they can, BB also approves wholeheartedly. Maybe you can talk to Rohan and have him join the team. That  way we can have it ready in time. I also think that I would like to hold Anji and Rangnath's wedding reception, there at the house, it has huge grounds , and would be a perfect venue. It will be our family's wedding present to them. What do you think"?  Arman looked delighted," Wah, yaar Ashu, what a brilliant idea. I think that Nidhis company, is rubbing of on you. I am proud of you meri jaan, of couse you can count me in, and I'll guarantee that Rohan will be with us as well. So when so we start"?   Ashu-"as soon as Nidhi is better I will drop her off, and we can get started right away. In the mean time, I want you to spend time with her over the next day or so and find out exactly what her vision is for the house. And you and I can at least start preparing, going shopping for house stuff, in the mean time".  After Ashu, finalized his idea with Arman, he went back to his room. He thought that Nidhi would have gone to sleep by now, but she was wide awake, and deep in thought.  

He went up to her, and sat down next to her on the bed. Ashu took her hand and bent to kiss her forehead," itni, seriously kya soch rahi thi"?  Nidhi-" nothing I was just thinking of Anjis wedding. I am so happy for her. I was thinking about doing something special, and was just trying to come up with ideas. That's it. Nothing much". Ashu smiled and said, that they would do whatever made her happy and she thought best, and to let him know, as soon as she thought of something. Then he got up and went to get ready for bed.

What she told Ashu was only partially true. She hated lying to him. But she didn't want to say anything to him just yet. She was probably jumping the gun. But, since this evening, a spark of hope, a small glimmer really, a seed of doubt , had sprung up in her mind ever since she had eaten dal, instead of her favorite soup, and last night the Baingan. Of god, please let it be true. Soon after she had realized her love for him, Nidhi, had been dreaming of this. Everytime she saw Ashutosh, with a child, she had thought about their child,  and wondered what he would be like.  This  dream was something, that she had never even discussed with him.  Something that should have happened, had not happened for two months now. Of course, as a doctor she knew that nature often skipped a couple of cycles, if a person was going through some major changes, or a huge amount of stress. And she had had both. The stress(Mallika), and the change(her marriage). So she could not be absolutely sure.  She would find out tomorrow, but, tomorrow, suddenly seemed to far away. How was she going to pass the hours between now and then.  
Nidhi was so lost in her thoughts that she never even noticed when Ashu came back to the room, or turned the lights off. She was jolted out of her dreams when Ashu lay down next to her. He took her into his arms and looked at her, smiled and gave her a gentle kiss, and told her to go to sleep. Thank god he had not noticed her preoccupation. She wanted to tell him, but didn't , she told herself that she needed to be patient for just a while longer. Even though she didn't want to sleep, her body had other ideas, it needed to recuperate.  So with the the thoughts of a little Ashutosh jr. running around  in her head she fell asleep.
Ashu, too was wrapped up in his thoughts and plans. He was busy planning the surprise for his wife. A million ideas and plans were running through his mind also. But, foremost was the worry that Nidhi, hopefully would not mind that he had taken it upon himself to get her house ready. But he would cross that bridge if he came across it. But knew he would not have to.

Next morning Ashu, woke up at his normal time. He was relieved to see Nidhi laying next to him. She had not woken up early. Good she needed to sleep, he thought and got up reluctantly and went to get ready.
He too, was anxiously waiting for Nidhis blood tests to come back. He wanted to know exactly what bug his wife had picked up, so they could start her treatment, and she could get better. It was almost 10:00 am, ashu was working in his office from home, he was just finishing up some patient charts and lab workups, when he thought he heard Nidhis voice. Ashu, hurried to the bedroom. He saw Nidhi sitting as still as a statue, her phone in her hands, and a stunned and amazed look on her face.  Ashu ran to her, and caught her in his arms,"Nidhi, whAt happened? Say something, you're scaring me". She didn't say a word.   Ashu-" Nidhi, you are giving me a heart attack, please sweetheart say something, I'm dying here. Please tell me what's wrong", then it dawned on him, she was holding her phone,"sweetheart, did the doctor call, with your lab reports"?  When she nodded,"sweetheart tell me what's the matter, please. Nidhi look at me".  Nidhi looked up at him, and when repeated his question asking her if there was a problem regarding her results. She shook her head, but took his face into both of her hands and kissed him, if possible it was her sweetest kiss to him yet. Then she took both of his hands and placed them on her stomach, and looked at him, directly into his eyes, and smiled the most beautiful smile ever, full of love, and her eyes held the promise of future. Ashu, sat there  as stunned as she was, confused, And then he understood. He looked at he with awe, and wonder. Ashu-"Nidhi, are you telling me you're ...that we're...that I am ... Going to become..." Nidhi looked at him and nodded. They both looked at each other, neither knew what to say, but then words seemed so unnecessary, both understood, what the other was trying to say. Then suddenly, as if  a dam had broke Nidhi threw herself at Ashu, who caught her to him, and they held each other for what seemed like an eternity.  Ashu, drew away from her, and gently lay her down on the bed, and  pushed the top of her night suit shirt up and bent down and kissed her stomach with so much love and tenderness, it brought tears to her eyes. Ashu" hello, baby. I am your daddy. I want to say hello and also thank you for coming into our lives, and making  us complete. I can't wait to hold you in my arms. But that won't be for a while yet,  but until then I will talk to you ever day. So you be good and don't bother your mommy too much. Okay."   Ashu, looked up at Nidhi, " thank you. It's not enough to express what you have given me today. I thought that the day we got married was the happiest day in my life, but nothing compares to this Nidhi. Thank you for this wonderful gift. I love you my darling, today you've made my life complete.".  Nidhi sat up,"there was  one thing you said that was wrong. You said what  I have given you. No Ashutosh, I have given you nothing, we have given each other. I could not have done this by myself. It's our gift to each other, a living breathing proof of our love. And I love you too my husband, more than words can say".   

They were so lost, within their own world that they, totally forgot about Baba and Arman. Out side their room, both of them were going out of their minds with worry. Ashu had been in the room for a long time. They did not know what had happened. When it got unbearable , Arman determinedly went to the door  of their roomed and knocked loudly, several times, and when he got no reply, he opened it and peeked inside. That was how they (Baba and armaan) found both of them, wrapped in each others arms, their faces streaked with tears. Arman and Baba, we're alarmed. Baba,"Ashutosh, beta...". Ashu and Nidhi, sprang apart like two guilty children, caught with their hands in the candy jar. Baba-"beta, I am sorry we came into your room like this, we were getting worried, you were not answering out knocks or responding to our calls, I am sorry we came in like this, please forgive us. And now seeing tears on both your faces, I am even more worried. Nidhi beta...Ashutosh, one of you please tell us what's going on, before we go mad with worry"!   Ashu looked at Nidhi, a question in his eyes, and she nodded. His eyes signaled his happiness at her acceptance . He turned, to Baba and Arman, " nothing is wrong, everything is perfect, wonderful.   I have the most wonderful news for the two of you, Baba you are going to be a grandfather/great grand father,  and you Arman are going to be a Chacha. Nidhi has made our little family complete today".   Arman  and Baba looked at each other and then at the Nidhi, and yelled at the top of their lungs and jumped up and down with Ashu between them. Nidhi laughed, she was so happy. Then Baba  stopped and opened his arms to Nidhi. Nidhi, got up and started to walk towards Baba, when , she suddenly put her hands to her mouth and rushed to the Bathroom. When she was done being sick, she looked up and saw three pairs of concerned eyes and three panicked faces staring at  her.  She couldn't help herself and started laughing,"isn't this supposed to happen at the end of the  pregnancy, where you all look at me like  I am a time bomb about to explode. Agar abhi se aise hoga toh kaise kaam chalega. Also I thought that my grandfather and my husband  are doctors. Aren't you both supposed to know that this is normal".  It was like she had broken the spell surrounding them. All three of them started talking at once.  One saying that she needed to eat something, the other saying that she needed to rest and yet another saying that maybe they needed to call the doctor, to make sure she was alright. They were all pulling her towards the bed. She went along with them,  indulgently,  looking at their faces  with affection. Okay, apparently there were no doctors here, only  a grand father, a husband and a panicked brother, and they were all insane, and it was apparent that they were all going to do their level best, to make sure that she joined their ranks.  It was going to be a long 7- 8 months. But she adored all of them , and would  not have them any other way.

Nidhi, just looked from to the other, for a few minutes, thoroughly enjoying the chaos.   If she allowed this to continue, they'd never get any work done, and nobody would get any breakfast.  And suddenly she was really hungry, one thing today that was different was that she did not feel as run down as she had yesterday, but she still was not up to full strength yet. All three were still  talking, and didn't even notice her leave the room.  Nidhi went to the kitchen, where HM kaka was making breakfast. He looked at her in surprise when she walked in,"Nidhi, beti what are you doing here, you should be resting". Nidhi-"no kaka, I feel fine today, but I am very hungry, what are we having for breakfast"?  HM-"beti, I thought that since you did not eat too much last night, I would make your favorite today, so I made gobhi parathas, is that ok"?  Nidhi-"wow kaka, you took the words right out of my mouth. Can I have one right now, I am starving"?  HM  gave her one that he had just finished making, Nidhi, took her plate and put some pickle on it and went to the dining table, she could still hear the trio, in her bedroom, and wondered when they would notice that she was not there. No sooner than she had this thought, all three walked out of the bedroom, and saw her sitting on the table eating. They all were staring at her as they joined her for breakfast. Ashutosh was the first to speak,"Nidhi, why did you walk out like that without telling us"?  Nidhi-"would it have done any good, all of you were talking so loudly, I doubt that you would have heard anything I said, and besides I was hungry. By the way, these parathas are great".  Ashu-"Nidhi, I am so glad that you are finally eating properly. You need to take  even more care of yourself now, and you need to eat properly." Arman-"Ashu, stop bothering her. Let her eat. And why does she have to take care of herself,  that's what we are here for. Don't worry Nidhi, and don't listen to him, we will look after you, it's our job." Baba-"Haan beta, tujhe jo chahiye, woh bataa dena, kisi cheez ka man kare, sochna nahin. Is samay tere ko Jo man kare khana chahiye, Ashu ki baat sun ne ki koi jarurat, nahin hai. Main hoon na, mujhe bolna".  Nidhi smiled at all of them, " abhi to main yeh parathe enjoy kar rahi hoon Baba. Thank god I still like one of my favorite foods. Nahin. Toh I thought I,was loosing my mind. For the past almost a week, I've been eating stuff, I've never liked before, Baingan and daal eeww. Thank heavens the baby has some of my tastes also, not just his fathers." Ashu, hearing the word father in reference to him, made him swell with pride,"And why shouldn't She have my tastes, after all she's my baby too". Nidhi, stopped eating at those words of his and grinned at him, Baba and Arman had also stopped talking and were staring at Ashu.   Baba,"so you want a daughter Ashu"?  Ashu, blushed and smiled,"yes Baba, I have always dreamed of having a daughter". Arman -"And what about you Nidhi, what do you want"?  Nidhi-"I never thought about it, whatever Dr. Ashutosh wants is fine with me. But right now, I just want another paratha".  Just then HM walked to the dining table with a plate full of hot parathas. He looked at the people sitting there, the three men were looking at Nidhi and smiling, he wondered what was going on, he was happy that Nidhi beti was feeling better, but this was taking relief too far, you'd think that no one had ever gotten sick before. HM-"kya baat hai, doctor sahab, aap log nidhi beti ko is tarha kyon dekh rahein hain. Sab theek hai na"?  Baba looked at HM and said,"HM we are celebrating, hamari, bitiya, bahut jald humare ghar mein khushiyan lane wali hai. Hamare yahan ek nanha mehman aane wala hai". HM face lit up. "sach, yeh toh bahut khushi ki baat hai. Ab toh bahu ka khayal zyada rakhna padega. Doctor sahab, aapne apne samdhi ko meri taraf se bhi badhai de dena".   

Ashu and Baba looked at each other, they'd had totally forgotten all about nidhis father and DB in all the excitement. Baba-"Nidhi beta maaf karna, khushi ke karan sab kuch bhool gaya. Main abhi tere Baba aur DB ko phone kar ke yeh khushkhabri, deta hoon". He was about to get up when Nidhi stopped him,"Nahin Baba, abhi nahin". Ashu, Arman and Baba, all looked at her with surprise. Baba-"but why beta, this is such a good and happy news, your father  needs to be informed that he is going to be a grandfather,and your DB is going to be a great grandmother.  Why do you want to keep such a thing from them." Nidhi-"Baba, right now everyone over there is busy with Anjis wedding. And if we tell them, then the focus will be on me, I can't do that to Anji. This her wedding, she needs to be the center of attention. I know she will be ecstatic, but then she too will also focus on me. Even, Aunty and Uncle will be more concerned about my dos and don'ts. Plus I won't get to enjoy myself, no one will let me do anything. I won't even get to dance. Ever since we were little, Anji and I had dreamt and made plans for each others weddings, and doing a dance and taking care of all the details from the biggest to the tiniest, was a part of the deal. But if we tell them then, I won't get to do anything, and I can't disappoint Anji, I know she won't say anything, but I can't do that to her. So we have to keep quiet about our news till after the wedding. I can't even tell Baba or DB, I know that Baba will keep the secret, but there is no way DB will keep quiet, and I can't tell Baba and not DB.  DB is my grandmother, but in reality she is my mother, even more than that. So, I promise the very next day, or even the minute the wedding is over we can make our announcement. So all of you have to promise me, that you guys won't say a word."  All of them reluctantly gave her their word.  Ashu-"but Nidhi, even I will not allow you to run around now, and no way are you going to do any dance. You can't take chances like that, and if you argue with me on this I will go tell DB everything." Baba and Arman were also firm on that point. She could see, that none of them would budge an inch, on this matter. She was surrounded by male chauvinists, and she was also wise enough to know when she was outnumbered. Then Ashu spoke up again,"one more thing Nidhi, I cannot allow you to go to your mayka  now either. None of can be there with you to take care of you, and I know that you will overdo, and tire yourself out. And that's not good for you or the baby. Also, how will you manage to hide your pregnancy, if you keep throwing up. DB is smart enough to know why, you keep getting sick, specially when she sees that you are eating all my favorite foods. So I am sorry but you can't go." Nidhi-"but how can I not go, I promised Anji. I can't go back on my word. What will I tell her, she'll never forgive me.". Nidhi's eyes filled with tears, when Baba saw this he said,"don't worry beta, we will come up with something. We will figure out a way in which you can participate, and also take care of yourself and the baby. I promise. And now you have to promise me you won't get upset and you won't cry. If you keep crying like this then my grandchild will be a rondu, and we can't have that now can we"?  Nidhi smiled at that and finished her breakfast.  She was about to get up, when she remembered something she had forgotten to tell Ashu.  Nidhi-"Ashutosh, main aapko  ek baat bataana to  bhool  hi gayi. Dr. Kothari, wants me to come in for a check up today. It's nothing to worry about, just a normal routine check-up to make sure everything is the way it should be, and also to,give us a due date for the baby. We have to be there in an hour, so I'll go get ready now, and you should get ready also.". 

Ashu, waited anxiously, in the waiting room while Nidhi, was in the exam room with the doctor. So, he thought,'this is what it feels like at the other end'. Ashu was used to being given preferential treatment, as a doctor. So sitting out here waiting was driving I'm crazy. He couldn't understand why, he wasn't allowed in with her, he was a doctor after all. After about half an hour of stewing, the nurse came out and asked him to come with her. Finally!  Ashu followed the nurse, who led him into the sonography room. Why was Nidhi getting a sonography, it was too early on, he was worried now, he hoped everything was ok.  When he went in, Nidhi was Lying on the exam table, talking to the doctor, and when she saw him, she held out her hand. Ashu came over, and shook , Dr. Kothari's hand,"Goodmorning doctor. How's my wife. Is everything ok with her and the baby"?  Dr. K-"Dr. Ashutosh, please don't worry your wife and baby are absolutely fine. We just wanted to show you something". Ashu-"But doctor isn't it too soon for a sonography, can you even see the baby, at 4-6  weeks along"?  Dr. K smiled,"that's what I wanted to show you Dr. Ashutosh. When I saw your wife yesterday, I had my suspicions, but the lab results confirmed my suspicions. Your wife is about 10 weeks along, and at that stage it is very easy to see the baby. Come here doc, and let me introduce you to your baby".  Ashu looked at Nidhi, she had a huge smile on her face. '10weeks' Ashu thought,'their honeymoon',  he too smiled at her and squeezed her hand, in perfect understanding. What a totally unexpected, and wonderful surprise. Ashutosh, came closer and  looked at the monitor, where he got his first glimpse of his child. This would be one of those moments that would forever be etched into his memories. There was no way to describe what he felt looking at that tiny life, that he and Nidhi had created. The one thing that would forever immortalize their union and love.  This perfect tiny little human being nestled inside his wife, was one of the greatest miracles of his life, other than Nidhi.  Ashutosh, was overwhelmed at the emotions, flooding his entire being, when he saw and heard, his child's heartbeat, and the tiny little limbs, that looked more like tiny fins on a fish, move. He had never seen anything more beautiful. Ashu was at a loss for words, all he could do was stare.  Then all of a sudden, he became aware of his surroundings, when he heard Dr. K say,"it's ok Dr. Ashutosh , I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way when I saw my baby inside me for the first time. My husband actually started crying. Nidhi and I wanted to show you your child, that's why we called you in. Your wife said that showing you the CD wasn't good enough, she wanted you to see the real thing. And I agreed. But I will also give you a CD and some photographs for keepsakes. And now let's go to my office and discuss the next 61/2 months."

When they were seated in her office, she told them all the dos and don'ts,  gave tham a schedule of appointments and followups  also  gave him a prescription  for prenatal vitamins that nidhi would be required to take during the course of pregnancy, along with an exercise regimen, to keep her healthy, and help with a smooth delivery. Then she asked both of them if they had any questions for her. Before Nidhi could say anything, Ashu spoke up" Doctor if everything is ok, why has Nidhi been throwing up so much. I mean morning sickness is normal, but she has been throwing up all day, even the slightest smell sets her off."?  Dr. K-"Dr. Ashutosh, Nidhi, tells me that the only time she has been sick today, was this morning, and that after that, she even had breakfast, and feels fine now. All I can conclude from that the recent trip to the medical camp, exhausted her. The conditions under which she was living for 4days is not good for a pregnancy,  Of course, she didn't know at the time which happens in some cases. Once again let me assure you, your wife is absolutely fine and so is your child, which you have just seen for yourself, but that does not mean she is super woman. She needs to be careful and take precautions, so that she does not tire herself out like that again.  That means no more medical camps. But right now she is ok. So please don't worry. And that's what I am here for also, isn't it.  I'll take good care of her.". Nidhi-"Dr. K I also have to ask you something. My best friend is getting married in a two weeks, is it ok if I go home and help her with the preparations. Also, is it ok for me to dance at her wedding, we sort of made a deal when we were little, to dance at each others wedding. She fulfilled her part of the bargain, and now it's my turn. Of course, I won't do anything that will harm the baby, so I thought I'd ask you first"?  Dr.k-"Nidhi, you are pregnant, not an invalid", at those words Nidhi looked at Ashu, with a satisfied grin. Those were the same word she had said this morning. Dr. K"you can do anything you want , up to a reasonable point. You are perfectly free to go home and help out with the wedding, as long as you take frequent rests, eat properly, keep yourself hydrated, and do not tire yourself out. And as for the dance, well pregnant woman go and exercise at the gym till the seventh month at least. So no problem there either, just make sure it is not a strenuous dance. But a soft and gentle song sequence will be fine. There are no restrictions as such, just use your common sense, or call me if there is any doubt. Now you can go home, and enjoy being pampered for the next few months. Because after that, and for the rest of your life it is you who are going to do the pampering. I'll see you next months for your routine follow up. Take care and call me if there are any questions".  

All the way home Ashu, had a scowl on his face. She knew why. Her husband sulked like a child everytime he did not get his way. Looking at him like this, who could say that this was the nationally renowned Neurosurgeon, Dr. Ashutosh Mathur. She chuckled to her self, well he couldn't always have his way!  Just then her phone rang, it was Rohan. Oh my god, she had totally forgotten about him, she was supposed to call him today  after getting the results back from the lab, he must be worried out of his mind. Nidhi answered and said Hello. Rohan-"you are the most insensitive person on this earth, do you know how worried I've been. You were supposed to call  me this morning I've been waiting forever.  What the hell happened. Are you ok. Is everything fine"?  Rohan was yelling at her so loudly that even Ashutosh heard him. He looked over at Nidhi and frowned. Nidhi, gestured for Ashu, to keep quiet,"Rohan relax I am fine. All the blood test are fine. There is nothing wrong with me. In fact everything is perfect just perfect. But I do have something I need to tell you, and I'd rather do it in person. Where are you right now"?  Rohan-"I am five minutes from your house. I was  getting so worried, that I couldn't go to work without seeing how you were, but what's so important that you can only tell me to my face, why can't you tell me over the phone"?  Nidhi-" because it's the kind of thing that has to said face to face. And I won't say another word on the matter, I'll see you in a few moments" 

While, driving to Nidhi's house, Rohan wondered what was so important that, she could not have told him over the phone.  She  had sounded very strange. Any way,he had to go pick up Armanji, also, they were supposed to go shopping for some samples and stuff for the renovations of the house. Although, what explanation they were going to give Nidhi he had no idea, it was a good thing that with Anjis wedding she would be preoccupied, otherwise they could never pull this whole decorating thing without her finding out. Life is so strange, he thought to himself, it seems everything comes around to a full circle. It seems just like yesterday, he had been doing the same thing, but at that time Nidhi, was the one planning to surprise, Dr. Ashutosh and he had been helping, and this time it was Dr. Ashutosh planning the surprise.  Only difference was that this time he would have a lot of help, Armanji, Dr. Ashutosh, Nidhis baba and DB and also BB all were going to be involved. Of course, it would be  a bit dicey as they were all taking part in the preparations for Anji's wedding also.  It was going to be an interesting experience, he laughed to himself.

Nidhi, was not at home when he got there, so that meant that he got a few minutes to discuss  how to proceed and exactly what needed to be done. Apparently, the biggest task was the decor. Arman had talked to this morning for a bit,  and gotten some general ideas as to what she liked and what colors she preferred. Also what kind of a look she was she planning for, when she eventually, got around to fixing the house after Anjis wedding(boy was she in for a surprise).  He had to hand it to Dr. Ashutosh, it was a perfect plan.  Apparently, interior she had in mind for the house, was going to be a mix of traditional (Ashu's taste), and contemporary(her taste). She had some pretty good ideas, it was plainly evident that Armanji approved. Rohan didn't think it would be a big problem getting the house ready in time. After all it was an inside job. The outside just needed some painting and the grounds needed to be landscaped. Armanji had already talked to a landscaping company, he knew about, and some painters. The work would start tomorrow. They were going with Dr. Ashutosh to meet with a Rep from both companies this afternoon.

They(Arman and Rohan)had just finished their discussion, when Nidhi and Ashutosh, walked into the house. Nidhi saw Rohan the minute she entered. She ran up to him and gave him a hug. Rohan looked uncomfortably at Dr. Ashutosh, worried at what he would think. But Ashutosh, too was beaming from ear to ear. Nidhi-"I am so glad you are here. I have the most wonderful news Rohan, and I had to tell you in person. I am going to be a Mom. Thats why I was so sick. The doctors confirmed the news today. Can you believe it."Rohan was looking at her with his mouth open. Arman took a look at his expression and walked up to him and closed his mouth.   Arman-"I know just how you feel buddy, I was in the same boat this morning. It seems that we are going to be Uncles".  Rohan, didn't know how to respond. There were so many mixed emotions flooding him right now. On one hand he was so happy for his friend. She looked so happy, and so at peace with life, that she was literally glowing. All the happiness that he had ever wanted and wished for her, was there as plain as day in her face, for any one to see. He wished to god that she would always be this happy.  But on the other hand, it was another thorn, in his heart. He closed his eyes, so that Nidhi wouldn't see what was going on in his mind and heart. Just for one instant, he wished that he was the one she was sharing this happiness with and not some other man, just for one second, he became selfish again. But the very next second, he shrugged off the feeling of the helplessness and unfairness of life. He had accepted this fait accompli long ago. He knew that this would come sooner or later, but knowing what was to come and facing the reality of it were two different things.  Anyway, life went on...
He opened his eyes, and all Nidhi saw was his happiness at pleasure at her news.  Ashu's respect for Rohan rose up to new heights. He had seen what was in Rohan's eyes, before he closed them, to get control over his feelings. He wished that his friendship with Mallika could have been like this. 
        Rohan swept her up into a hug and was about to spin her around.  Alarmed, Ashu, Arman, and Baba rushed to stop him.  All three of them spoke at once,"ROHAN"!   He looked up at them, startled. Just as he was about to ask what the matter was, he realized what he had been about to do. He smiled sheepishly,"sorry".  But went ahead and hugged Nidhi tightly. Rohan,"I am so happy for you. And I am happy for myself also. Gosh!  I'm gonna be an Uncle.  I can't wait to talk to Anji  and start making plans, it's gonna be so much fun, having a baby in the family. Wow I can't wait. So when is it due, are we having a boy or girl".  Everyone laughed, and Ashu estimation of Rohan went even higher. Nidhi had indeed been blessed the day Rohan had come into her life and become her friend.  Nidhi, laughed and answered Rohan quarries,"Rohan you are really silly. It's too early to find out the sex of the baby. Besides I don't want to know, I would like it to be a surprise for all of us. And the baby, I'd due in 6 1/2 months. The Doctor said the due date was the 14th of February   {sorry guys, i am taking a little liberty here, we know that the date of their wedding was May 9th, and we also know that they did the deed two days later may 11th,  so according to that, then  February 14th  would be pretty close to the actual due date,(which to be accurate would be February 25th) thoda toh creative license allowed hota hai na?}    Ashu,-"Nidhi, why didn't you tell, me"?  Nidhi, laughed,"Well, you didn't ask. The doctor and I both were waiting for you to ask about the baby's due date, but you didn't , so I thought that I'd surprise you, cause I knew that someone at home would".  Ashu, was delighted, what better day to have their baby come into the world, than the day that love was celebrated. Then Baba asked  Ashu, if everything was alright, and if there was a anything to be concerned about, regarding Nidhi's health.  Ashu, assured Baba that the doctor had said that everything was normal, and the baby was fine. Nidhi also told Baba, that the doctor said that within reason, she could do anything, even participate in all aspects of the wedding including the Sangeet.  Baba, looked skeptical, and Rohan and Arman started protesting.  Apparently, they would not easily let her win this argument. So, she wisely kept quiet and decided that she would handle this  matter at the appropriate time.  

After lunch, Nidhi, told the guys that she was feeling tired and that she wanted to take a nap. Ashu went with her to their room and helped settle  her down, and kissed her cheek, and told her that he and Arman, and Rohan  had an appointment concerning some arrangements for Anjis wedding, he said that since they were all we're going to be out, and since she would be sleeping, they would ask Baba to go with them. Nidhi, mumbled something, and fell asleep, Ashu, smiled and closed the curtains, made sure everything was alright, then he left the room and closed the door gently. On their way out, Ashu told HM kaka to keep an eye on Nidhi, in case she needed something. HM told him not to worry.  

On their way to the house, Ashu, brought up the subject of nidhi, wanting to spend the next 2 weeks with her parents. Rohan, was confused about this, he couldn't understand why they didn't want to let her go. He was sure that DB would take good care of Nidhi, even amongst all the chaos of the wedding, and it's preparations. When he mentioned these concerns Arman answered,"of course, we know that Rohan, DB would take better care of Nidhi, than we ever could, but that is not the issue". When Rohan looked at him questioningly, Arman, told him that Nidhi did not want anyone in her family, including Anji, and her parents, to know about her pregnancy, until after the wedding, and then explained the reasons  and  the reason for their reluctance to let Nidhi stay with her family. Rohan, agreed with Nidhi, and said that she had made the right decision, but he still couldnt understand their dilemma, Then Arman said,"The dilemma, is how do we stop Nidhi from going, and what  possible viable excuse can we give her family, without telling them the truth"?  Rohan could see how that could cause a whole host of problems.  Then Ashutosh said, "I have the perfect solution for all these issues, if you guys will help, me implement my plan"?   He then proceeded to tell them his idea,"I was thinking that,  we should go to Anjis house right now, and have DB and Baba (CV) also meet us there, and ask  them  what they would say to the idea of them having  the wedding, and all of the events preceding it at our farm house(babas house).  And, if, they are agreeable to this  suggestion, it would solve all of our problems, Nidhi would get to be with her family and participate in everything, and we could all keep  an eye on her also, and plus it would make Solanki Uncle really happy, he would get to save a bundle of money in venue rentals. Now the only down side to this idea is, and that is where i am going to need your help, that we will need to  get the house ready, for us to move into, in a few days and not the full 7-10 days like we had originally planned. And we can get everyone involved even, Anji and her parents, to a certain extent. And we would also have to tell them that it's a surprise for Nidhi, so everyone would have to keep quiet about it.  That's the reason, I wanted to you come with us Baba, I wanted to know your opinion. So, what do you all think? Is it a good idea, moreover is it doable?Both Baba and Arman, thought it was a brilliant idea, and Rohan agreed with them. Rohan-"Sir, I think that's a wonderful idea, and it's absolutely doable. Last time, it was just Nidhi and me and we managed to do it in just 2days, but this time it's all of us, so it's absolutely possible." Baba and Arman, also said that they should be able to finish. It was not as if the house had structural damage, that needed repairs, it was all  just cosmetic work, which was easier. When that was decided, Arman called the landscapers and the interior guys and the painters, and rescheduled the meeting with them for later in the afternoon. With that part done, Ashu, called CV, and asked him and DB to meet them over at Anji's house.

Once there, Ashu, made his proposal. The reactions were expected, Shyama Aunty, was reluctant, Solanki Uncle was elated, Anji was over the moon(because had she loved the farm house ever since she had gone with Nidhi, to see it) and DB and CV were happy and proud of him for coming up with the idea, and for so quickly becoming a part of, and also accepting them all as family.  Once it was agreed upon, everyone started to make plans, as to what the best and fastest way was,  to get the house ready, for the wedding. They also liked that it was supposed to be a surprise for Nidhi.  Ashu looked at Anji and her parents, and said,"Thank you for letting me part of the family, and have the wedding at our house. But, I don't want you guys to worry, we will get the house ready in time for the wedding next week. I don't want to take time away from your preparations".  Anji-"Jeejaji, ek taraf family kehte ho aur doosri taraf, thank you bhi kehte ho, aur to aur, formalities bhi karte ho. Don't worry about the wedding, sab ho jayega. Most of the things have already been done. We just have to make a few phone calls to the caterers, decorators and such, but that's a minor detail, I'll do that today. And the rest we can take care of along with the house. So just chill, we're family. Everything will be good". Ashu, blushed at that, he was really happy that things were going according to plan.   The next part of the plan was how they would keep Nidhi busy during the day for the next few days. Anji, and Rohan volunteered to take care of that. Rohan said that he would keep Nidhi busy for half the day, at the hospital with the PR campaign, and then after lunch Anji, said that it would be her turn. She would take Nidhi, to finish the shopping and also finalize the rest of the details, like the mehendi and Sangeet preparations, also with Nidhis help finalize the menus for the  different events.  And then she would drop her home by dinner time. Ashu also promised that He would see to it that he, Arman and Baba would be home, before Nidhi. They also, decided that it would be faster if they each took up a specific chore in regards to the house, that way,  all the details would get covered. So for example, BB would see to the Landscaping, CV would see to the painting of the house inside as well as outside, CS and DB would see to the kitchen, and DB also insisted that they had to have a small Mandir in the house, and she would see to all the details regarding that, including the deities and the stuff needed to preform prayers, Arman  and Anji would see to the furnishings and decor, Ashu, would make sure that everything was being done and that all the workers and contractors, like the electricians,and plumbers etc,  were keeping to the schedules, he would also, help and pitch in wherever he was needed, and Mr and Mrs Solanki would go ahead with the wedding plans with the house in mind as a back drop for all the functions. At the end, Ashu, took Rohan aside and asked him to personally take charge of taking care of Nidhi, for the next week, to make sure she ate on time and did not overwork herself. 

After, the meetings at the house with the the Reps, from the landscaping, painting and the interior decorating firms, all four of them headed home. It had been a very productive , but also a long and tiring day. Ashu, looked at the time, it was also very late. Nidhi, must be up by now, he thought. He couldn't wait to get back to his wife.  But starting with tomorrow, till Anjis wedding, it was going to be chaotic. He just had to make sure that he kept Nidhi away from the house till then.  

The next week went by very quickly, everyone was so busy, and there was hardly anytime to rest.  He was so thankful to Rohan for taking over the responsibility for taking care of his  wife,  as it is, he hardly had time to breathe, let alone take care of nidhi, he knew that she was in good hands with her friend. He spent his days dividing his time between his duties at home, at the hospital, and supervising the work at the house, he was also  the general gopher for everyone. The new house was in chaos, to look at it you could never believe that, a wedding was going to held there in a week. All of the old furniture had been disposed of and the new furniture had been ordered. It was due to arrive in two days. The house was supposed to be ready by tomorrow evening,  the  last of the workers would hopefully be out of there by then.  Ashu had taken the day off, the day after tomorrow, which was supposed to be the move in day, and the  greh  pravesh was scheduled for that evening.  He was having a devil of a time trying to spend enough time with Nidhi, so that she would not become suspicious. He had almost tripped himself up a couple of times, in front of her. Two days ago, he had gone home with paint on his face, and had come up with the silliest excuse, lucky for him that his wife was so busy at the hospital with the campaign, thanks to Rohan, and  also with helping Anji with the wedding preparations, and being newly pregnant, that he had gotten away with it.   So far she had not broached the subject of going to stay with her family.   He just hoped that his luck would hold out.  And it did!

Finally two days later, the house was ready. The furniture had arrived that morning, along with all the knicks knacks.  Everybody was running around trying to get the work done in readiness for that evenings function.  So, after a lot of hard work, swearing, and chaos, everything was ready. The house looked beautiful inside and out. It was finally ready to greet and welcome its new mistress.  

Every one except for Arman, Anji, and Rohan, went home to rest a bit and then get ready for the evening.  The three of them, had brought their clothes etc, with them that morning, so that they could get ready at the house only.  They had stayed behind to oversee the plans for the grah pravesh, and  to put the final touches to the decorations. Starting tomorrow, all the guests and family would start to arrive, for the wedding.

Nidhi, looked at the sari, that Ashu, had picked out for tonight's  prayer ceremony,  which was supposed to signify the start of the festivities for Anji, and Dr. Rangnath's wedding.  It was a traditional red and white zari sari, but it was beautiful.   Ashu had told her that, they had to leave a bit early as he had to make a detour via the farm house. Baba had something that he needed to do there before they went to Anji's house.  When they got there, Ashu  parked outside the gate  and helped her get out of the car.  As she approached she saw that the gates were wide open, which was strange, they were not supposed to be left open like that, as she got closer she also saw they they looked like they had been newly painted.  At the entrance to the property, she saw that the whole walkway from the gate to the front door of the house had been covered with rose petals and the petals were bordered by diyas. In fact the whole house had been decorated with lights, diyas, and flowers. The beautifully landscaped lawns were also lit up with lights. Everything looked so beautiful, almost like a new bride waiting for her groom.  Ashu, put his arm around Nidhi's shoulders and helped her walk up the rose petal covered walkway, to the front door.  As they approached, the door opened and she saw her whole family standing inside, waiting to greet them. DB was standing in the front with a pooja  ki thali, with a diya on it.  Ashu, stopped outside the front door, and looked at Nidhi and said,"welcome to your new house, Dr. Nidhi Mathur. Surprise!". Nidhi's husband had once again rendered her speechless. So what she could not convey in words, she let her eyes say to him. And Ashutosh smiled. After DB preformed the traditional grah pravesh ceremony, they entered the house. Nidhi looked around , it was beautiful, everything was almost exactly the way she had envisioned. The mix of the contemporary and traditional  decor was a perfect compliment for the other, just like hers and Ashu, life. 
So this was what  everyone had been spending the last week doing. She  had gotten suspicious early on about Ashu's strange behavior, but she put that down to him finding out that he was going to be a father. She could never have imagined this.   Ashutosh, informed her that there were two reasons that the house needed to be fixed up in such a hurry, the first being, her. Ashu had wanted to surprise her.  And the second for Anjis wedding. He told her that they would be hosting All of the events up to and including the wedding. And that the next day everyone including her family and Anjis would be coming to stay here with them till the wedding  and bidai. Nidhi, knew exactly why he had done that, for her. He did all of this so that she would be able to take part in all the festivities,  ceremonies of the wedding,  and at the same time he would be there right beside her, to take care of her and the baby.  And, somehow most of her stuff had already been brought here. She did not know how he had managed to do that without her knowing, although she would still have to go back for the rest of it. Of course the final  move would not happen till after Anjis bidai. She looked at her husband, and thought, was there any woman in this world that was luckier than  her.   She knew that they could  not have any privacy right now, but her eyes promised him everything for later.   Apparently everyone, other than herself and Ashu, were going home for the night and returning the next morning, so they could and would have the whole house to themselves for tonight.

She  spent the next couple of hours, talking laughing with friends and getting the blessings of her elders, while at the same time, waiting impatiently for the moment that she could be alone with her husband, so that they could also celebrate privately, just the two of them.  When the evening looked to be winding up she got up in front of her whole family, and thanked them, for this beautiful gift of their love.  Her throat clogged up with tears and emotion. So she could not say much else other than that she loved them all very much, and how happy and blessed she was to have them as her family.  When everyone left, Ashu, locked the doors, and turned to her, and held out his arms, Nidhi flew into them, she really had come home,literally,  and in more ways than one. 

Edited by Libra - 14 July 2012 at 2:08am

The following 27 member(s) liked the above post:

AditiDshruti_raiCandy_jsamit1944Shobha4496jahanaaraM.L.PriyaNaiduDeepikikamandaldancydreamershah1485shalini.malik72oaz30PooliciousGoodOnechotipiaZedZeessktlkssss97jayasree.raofanktlkachieverkoyelbasuAazeen02ChitrathanmudraswathiSuvika.parmarA

shah1485

shah1485

Posted: 14 July 2012 at 2:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sshirley

@sshirley
@Aazeen02

Hey guys. I guess u guys are in India, so I guess technically it is sat. But for me it's still Friday afternoon.LOL

Any way, jokes apart, this chap is going a bit slower for me than my other ones. I have so many ideas, but I can't possibly write them all down, so fast, and  I need to warn you all also, that this chap is gonna be really really long, at least 2-3 pages, I hope you won't get bored. I guess I could may be post a little bit tonight and the rest next week. We will see. So please bear with me.
Turags is away till mon but before leaving she gave me so many ideas, iam having fun writing this one. That's why its taking so long.
I try to be as fast as I can
Thanks.
Anu

THanks anu,

i m so exciotd to know abt ur long chapter...u both write so well, 2-3 pages toh kya, if u write 20-30 pages na toh bhi we will enjoy it...

so, eagerly awaiting ur chapter tonight...which i guess will be sat morning for us in india

Yeah u r right for me tooo i wont mindBig smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Libra

shah1485

shah1485

Posted: 14 July 2012 at 3:25am | IP Logged

Hello, guys, here's my new chap, I hope you all enjoy it. I am sorry about the delay. I had a lot more to write, but I saved it for the next chap , if I had continued you guys would not have gotten anything till Monday.  Smile

CHAPTER 27

Nidhi, woke up in the middle of the night, she was really hungry, but she couldn't move, it seemed that even in sleep, her husband wasn't willing to,let her go. She smiled and leaned over to give him a kiss on his cheek, his beard tickled her nose.  He looked so sexy.  But she was paying the price for his beard, there were places  on her body that were starting to sting, it seemed that her husband in his enthusiasm, had forgotten his beard and now she had mild scratches over her body. Mostly it was not a problem , but in certain area like her chest and neck , her cheeks, and a tiny bit around her mouth, it was going to be extremely difficult cover them up. It would be more difficult to even try and explain. Looks like she had her work cut out for her tomorrow morning, she needed to be extra careful with her concealer.  Anyway that issue, was for the morning, right now she was ravenous. Nidhi, tried to, scoot out from beneath Ashu, but without waking him up, it was going to be Impossible. Her husband had her well and truly trapped.  Not that she minded, normally, but today she was really hungry. Then suddenly as if sensing her needs, even in sleep, Ashu turned over to his side and she was free.  Nidhi, inched out of the bed and started to look for her clothes, finally she gave up and went to the wardrobe and got a fresh nightgown. After washing her face and brushing her teeth, she went to the kitchen, to find something to eat. Ashu, had said that HM kaka had cooked for her last night, so she opened the fridge and checked to see what was there. HM kaka had indeed made her, her favorite meal, rice and alloo paneer sabzi.  But strangely she did not feel like eating that, just looking at it put her off.  She felt like eating something else, then she found some bharva baingan, and chapatti s, they looked yummy, so she heated them up and went to the dining table, with a book that she had started a while ago. She was still eating, and reading, when Ashu, on not finding her in their room, and seeing the light on in the dining area, came out. He stood in the doorway just watching her, she was so engrossed that she had not noticed him yet, he just never got tired of looking at her, after all, she was the most precious thing in his life.  Then suddenly he noticed what she was eating, Baingan, his nidhi was eating Baingan. He hoped she was not falling sick or something, Nidhi never even touched Baingan.  He walked to her and bent down and kissed her on the head, Nidhi looked up at him, startled, she had not heard him approach, she had been so engrossed in her book and enjoying her meal. "Aap?  Aap kyon uth Gaye. Maine disturb toh nahin kiya na aapko? I am sorry...". Ashu, cut her off,"Nidhi, of course you disturbed me. You weren't there in our bed, why wouldn't I get disturbed by that. I finally got you back after three days, only to get up in the middle of the night, and find my wife missing again. I was wondering where you had gone, when I saw the light on outside and came here looking for you, only to find you sitting here enjoying yourself without me. By the way," he said very hesitantly and cautiously, almost as if he was approaching a rather dangerous  no entry zone, "you do know what you are eating right?". Nidhi, looked down, and froze, she looked at her plate and her face had a horrified expression on it. Baingan she was eating Baingan, the one vegetable she absolutely hated and she was eating and liking it. 
"Ashutosh, help. Yeh mujhe kya ho gaya hai. I hope I am not loosing my mind or something. I am eating this vegetable that, to me, still looks like a mouse that has been given phaansi, and yet I am relishing it. What's wrong with me".  Ashu, was amused, but wisely he controlled his laughter, and pulled her into his arms, "sweetheart, don't cry, it's ok. Kabhi kabhi, aisa hota hai. When a person is really tired they do strange things. Don't worry, your fine. Achcha, abhi, aur khana hai, or are you done.". Nidhi, sniffed and wiped her tears, and drew away from him, she looked so adorable , that little pout on her face that he loved so much and her tear streaked face, she looked like a child who didn't know whether to laugh or cry,"You're sure na,  I am fine"?   Ashu-"Yes, Nidhi, you're fine. Ab tell me are u done"? Nidhi looked at him sheepishly,"actually, I am still hungry. Par, aap jaake so jaayiye. I'll come as soon as I'm done.".  Ashu-"Nahin, I'll keep you company, while you finish, so hurry up".  After she finished, Ashu helped her put away everything, and then took her back into their room. There was no way he was going to let her out of his sight.  He did have other plans, when he had gotten up, but seeing her looking so tired, he just took her in his arms, and held her while she fell asleep again. 

Once again, Nidhi woke up first, she was still in her husbands arms. She didn't want to, but she knew that she had to get up and get ready, she had to help HM kaka make breakfast and then had to leave for the hospital. So she inched away from Ashu and swung her legs over the side of the bed. Suddenly her head started spinning, and she felt as if she was going to faint,  and she also felt like throwing up. So she sat down again and took some deep breaths.  She stayed like that for a couple of minutes, when she felt better, she tried to stand again. Nothing happened, she was fine.  Nidhi let out a sigh of relief, wow she really must be tired. She wished that she did not have to go to the hospital today, but she had given her word to Rohan that she would be there and give a report about her whole experience at the camp. Rohan wanted to do a piece on the medical camp from the villagers perspective as well as the doctors and interning doctors point of view regarding the pros and cons,  of such camps and advertising  the benefits of modern medicine amongst the illiterate, and rural areas. 
She had barely taken a couple of steps, when the nausea came back in full force, Nidhi rushed to the bathroom, and made it just in time. 
She felt better after she had thrown up, and,  by the time she showered and got ready, she was absolutely ok.  I am probably really tired, I'll come back early and get some rest, she promised herself. Then went out to the kitchen to help HM kaka get the day started.

Ashu, got up and once again found his wife missing,' does this woman never stay still, ' he thought to himself and shook his head. Then he heard voices coming from outside, and looked at the time, and got up.  When he was ready, he came out and saw, Baba and Nidhi, on the dining table talking. She had gotten breakfast ready and was in the process of serving Baba, when he walked up to them, and touched Babas feet and wished him  good morning and smiled at Nidhi, she smiled  back and served him his breakfast. Nidhi, was feeling sick again, and she knew that if she ate anything, she would throw up.  So, she made a show of serving herself also, and pretended to eat. She slowly, sipped her tea and nibbled on a piece of toast, whilst Baba and Ashu, carried on some conversation, but she was not listening to,them, rather trying to find a way to avoid Ashu from finding out that she was not well. He worried too much about her, and he would not let her go to the hospital, and it was important for the PR campaign that everything stayed on schedule, so she could not delay her meeting and let down Rohan and other members of the board and staff that were involved in this campaign along with her. But she promised herself that she would not stay there any longer than absolutely necessary.  Ashutosh's question pulled her out of her thoughts,"Nidhi, why aren't you eating, we're going to be late, so hurry up and lets go".  Nidhi-"I am done lets go. I am not really hungry right now, must be all the food I had earlier this morning". Baba, looked at them both questioningly, and Ashu proceeded to tell him  that Nidhi had been so tired and hungry, in the middle of the night, that she had eaten Baingan and not even noticed, infact had actually enjoyed it.  Baba laughed and patted Nidhi on the head and said,"Ashu, you can tease my Nidhi like that. Now, both of you get going or you'll be late for work".  

Throughout the drive, Nidhi, felt extremely sick, so she put her head back and kept her eyes closed, luckily she had thought to put some candies in her purse. They helped her keep most of the nausea at bay. When they reached the hospital, Ashu stopped her from getting out,"Nidhi, I think you are really tired, you slept most of the way and are still looking really pale. I want you to finish your meetings and go back home to rest. You can send the car back for me. And promise me that you won't overdo anything".   Nidhi, smiled and kissed him on the cheek, and she couldn't resist caressing his beard, then  promised him that she would take care and go home as soon as she had finished the meetings scheduled for the morning.  Nidhi, rarely felt this bad, she had been queasy the last few days, but had passed it off. Today, she felt horrible. She knew she was getting sick, she just hoped that she had not caught anything at the camp, otherwise Ashu would never let her go back again.  Well as soon as she was done for the day, she would go up and see the internist on duty, and get some blood tests, just to make sure. And maybe get him to give her some antibiotics, or whatever, to make her feel better.  

Divya, the receptionist out front wished her a good morning, and then did a double take, and stared at Nidhi.  Nidhi looked at her questioningly, "Kya hua Divya, aise kyon dekh rahi ho"?   Divya-" Dr. Nidhi, are you ok"?  Nidhi-"yes why"?   Divya,-"well you look really pale, and you have something like a rash on your face, neck, and chest. I think that you should go up and let the doctor take a look, and maybe get some medicine or ointment".    Nidhi, looked confused, then a second later, her face turned crimson, 'oh no! The scratches from Ashu's beard', she had forgotten to cover them up. She had been feeling so sick this morning that she had forgotten about the beard scratches.  'Oh my god, I'll never live it down, AB main kya karoon"?  She  mumbled something to Divya about going up to the doctor as soon as she could, and was about to rush out, when Ashutosh came up beside her and wished Divya a good morning. Divya, looked up at him then looked at his beard and Then at Nidhi. She saw Nidhi, looking down and trying to hide her blush. And burst out laughing. When Ashu, looked at her, she coughed back her laugh and wished him good morning, and tried to look busy doing some work all the while still, trying to choke back her laugh. Ashu, looked puzzled from Nidhi to her. Nidhi, took his hand and pulled him into a nearby records room, and buried her face in his chest. Ashu had to literally pry her away. "Nidhi, kya hua".  Nidhi told him everything, and he burst out laughing. She looked at him crossly,"iss mein hasne ki kya baat hai. Do you know how embarrassing this is. I don't even have the right type of make up, to cover everything up. Now what do I do"?  Ashu-"well first, it serves  us right, you come up with the dumbest, most hair brained, crazy ideas, and I the fool, that I am, love you so much that I can't say no to you for anything. Now we both have to suffer the consequences".  When he saw how upset she was he said,"ok ok let's do this, just stay away from me, don't let anyone see us together today. It is very obvious what these scratches are if people see us together. And try and use whatever you have with you in your purse to cover as much as you can. It'll be ok sweetheart. Don't worry." after reassuring herAshu left the room, and went to his office, there, he let out the laugh he had been holding back, ever since Nidhi had pulled him into the records room.  Poor baby she was really mortified. And he was absolutely delighted, for once he wasn't the only one who had to suffer embarrassment, resulting from her looney ideas.  Ashu, wondered if she even realized that everyone had seen her pulling him into the records room. He really wanted to be there when she realized that she had just, added more fuel to the fire. Of course he would be embarrassed also, but everyone was intimidated by him so they would not say anything directly to him, although they would laugh themselves silly behind his back, but his poor Nidhi, she was friends with everyone right from the maintenance people all the way to the top, and she would get all the direct hits and teasing from everybody. He wondered if he should  go save her. Then he stopped himself, no, I think I'll  just watch the fun for a little while and then go save her.  This was too good, Dr. Nidhi, was  in a pickle of her own making. Devine justice.  Life was good. 

Downstairs, Nidhi, went to the ladies room and tried to do damage control. She was putting on the final touches around her lips, when her friend, Dr. Priyanka, came in, with a smirk on her face. She looked at Nidhi and with tongue in cheek, said,"Nidhi, what happened. Yeh tumhe kya ho  gaya hai, sare neck pe rashes hain, you want me to get you something for that, how about Dr. Ashutosh, unhe bula doon". Nidhi glared at her,"ok go ahead and laugh, fine friend you are instead of helping me, you're laughing. Just wait, I'll have my day with you also". Priyanka, laughed and went up and hugged Nidhi,"yaar look at it from my side, please. Hum sab log hospital mein pichle chaar dino se soch rahe the ki Dr. Ashu ne dadhi kyon nahin banayi. We all though that he was doing a devdas, cause he was missing you. Poor guy was so embarrassed, he knew exactly what we were all saying behind his back. And never once did he complain, and we all wondered that since we were all making fun why didn't he just shave the beard. AB pata chala ke you were behind all this. Yaar, Nidhi be fair, for four days the guy has been suffering embarrassment on your account, it's only fair that you get your fair share also, na"?  Nidhi, finally saw the funny side and burst out laughing. Nidhi-"yaar, you're right. He loves me a lot. What can I say. Achcha, ab bahut laugh kar liya, at my expense, now help me, cover up jitna bhi ho sakta hai".  With priyankas help, Nidhi, did she best she could. The area around the lips, and cheeks looked fine, but her  neck and chest, there was no way, they could be covered, So she used her dupatta, to cover up,  as much as she could of her neck and chest. But. Koi fayda nahin. Sab kuch dikh raha tha.  With a resigned look on her face she started to leave the ladies room, and stopped, and with a groan sat down on the floor, and buried her face in her hands. Priyanka,  worried about what suddenly happened to make her just on the floor like that, hurried over and asked her what happened multiple times, but Nigh did not respond. Just as she was about to call for Dr. Ashutosh, Nidhi lifted her head,"yaar Priyanka, I am dead", Priyanka looked puzzled,"I was with baba this morning, and HM kaka and both of them were giving me strange looks, but I didn't pay attention. And the same way Divya concluded what happened, I think Baba did the same, when  Ashutosh, came out of our bed room. Now I understand why Baba was looking embarrassed and trying to control his laughter at the same time. Only I didn't pay attention at the time cause I was feeling so sick. Oh lord, how am I going to face them when I get back home. Mai toh sharam ke mare mar jaaoongi yaar. What do I do? I think I need to talk to Dr. Ashutosh.  Thank god, my  meetings don't start for another half an hour".  Priyanka, was trying to comfort her and at the same time trying to hold back her laugh, although not successfully. Nidhi glared at her, while she called Ashutosh. Ashu, had been about to leave his office to go on rounds, when he got her call, now what he thought,"hello, Nidhi. What's the matter"?  Nidhi, explained everything and told him that she was never going to come out of the ladies room again, and that either he could learn to live without her, or come visit her in the bathroom.  Ashu listened to her with a stunned expression, he put his phone down to avoid dropping it, and then burst out laughing so hard, all the doctors and staff came over to see if he was ok. Ashu had tears running down his cheeks , by the time he could get some semblance  of control over himself. Then he picked up the phone again, and saw that nidhi had hung up. He got up, put the phone in his pocket, and then went down to take care of his upset wife. He chuckled all the way shaking his head. When he reached the ladies room he knocked, Dr. Priyanka, peeped to see who it was and saw Ashu,"thank god you are here sir. Nidhi, is really upset and refuses to come out, I don't know what to do"!  Ashu-"don't worry Priyanka, I'm here now, if you could  let me have a few minutes alone with my wife please, I'll sort this whole thing out. Oh, and please put the out of order sign on the door so that no one comes in". After Priyanka left, Ashu, went in, he saw Nidhi, huddled, on a chair in the corner of the ladies room. He went up to her and knelt down beside her chair. Nidhi looked at him,"Go away, I don't want to talk to you. I don't love you any more, I am going to out and find some else, someone who doesn't laugh and make fun of me".  Ashu, smiled and pulled into his arms,"you know you can't live without me. Plus who's gonna love you more than I do. Sweetheart,  I have already told you before, no one else has a constitution strong enough to withstand all your looneyness.  And I  am afraid I falls on me to save mankind, from all your hair brained ideas. So, we're stuck with each other. Seriously sweetheart, it ok. Don't worry. What done is done. When you go home just pretend, and behave as though nothing happened, I'll help you. And see what I have. It's an ointment that'll calm down the redness and after a couple of hours nothing will even be visible".  Nidhi-"why didnt you give this to me before now".  Ashu-"well, ..."he tried, but failed to sound remorseful.  Nidhi looked at him and his expressions and then noticed the laugh that he was trying so hard to control, and she burst out laughing also.  They both laughed and hugged each other. That my girl, ashu thought, nothing can keep her down for too long.  Finally with the crises averted, he gave her one last hug and told her he had to go for rounds and that he was late already. He also reminded her that she needed to get home early, and he would see her in the evening. When he left, Priyanka, came in once again, and she saw the ointment nidhi was applying to the beard scratches/burns. She smiled and also gave her some concealer that she had with her. Nidhi looked at her great fully, and then proceeded to cover up the damage. When they were done, you could hardly see anything. But as soon as Nidhi stepped out of the bathroom, she saw that everyone was staring at her and had smirks on their faces. She knew that it was useless, the damage was already done, so she just needed to suck it up and go with the flow. 

She got to the conference room just on time, the meeting  had just begun. She went in and greeted everybody, and sat down. nidhi was very aware of everyone and the fact that they were avoiding looking directly at her. When she could not bear it any longer, she suddenly burst out,"all right everyone, please just laugh and get it off your chest.   I Can't stand this any longer"!  Her statement was so out of the blue and unexpected, there was a few seconds of pin drop silence, then all at once, everyone burst out laughing, after a while even Nidhi joined in. Nidhi,"ok , ok you've all has your fun for the morning, and since we're all adults,  let's drop it now. You've all had a good laugh at my expense. But please ab toh bas karo, haven't I been embarrassed enough for one day"!  Everyone in the room looked at her with affection and admiration. You had to give her credit, how many people had the courage to what she did. A couple of ladies, doctors, got up and came and gave her a hug. After everyone settled down again the atmosphere, was nice and light, all the reports were given to Rohan and all the relevant and important points  discussed. Then the meeting ended. Nidhi saw that almost three hours had passed, and she was feeling sick again. She was still sitting in her chair, even after everyone had left. Rohan saw her face and knew something was wrong, he had known it from the moment she had entered the room. Aside from the embarrassment factor, her face plainly told him something was wrong. He filled a glass with water had went to her, and handed her the water. Nidhi, looked up him greatfully and smiled,"I  should be used to your sensing my needs by now, but it still never fails to amaze me how well you know me and what I want and feel, without my having to,say a word". Rohan-"I am your friend. And a friend is supposed to know how their friend is feeling, so out with it what's the problem"?  Before she could say a word, she was hit by a sudden bout of nausea, Rohan took one look at her face and ran to get the waste basket. When she had finished throwing up, Rohan helped her sit down, and got her a clean towel and some more water, and helped her clean up.  Rohan-"If you were this sick, why did you come in, all you had to do was call me."Nidhi-"Rohan I knew I was sick, but I didn't realize I was this sick. I just wanted to come for the meeting. I was planning on going home right afterI visited the internist on duty to see exactly what bug I had managed to afflict myself with".   Rohan-"ok well you are going to go see the doctor now, and I'll also call Dr. Ashutosh, he can meet us in the doctors office".  He was about to call, Nidhi stopped him and said,"Rohan please don't call Ashutosh, just now, I want to know what I have before I let him know, for all I know it could just be a mild case of food poisoning from the dinner at the dhabba last night. I know him and he won't let me go to any more camps if I contracted anything from the villages". Rohan looked at her uncomfortably,"Nidhi, it's not right, hiding the fact that you are  sick from your husband. Think of how he will feel, when he finds out that you didn't tell him that you are sick. It's not fair".  Nidhi-"I know Rohan, but I don't want to worry Ashutosh unnecessarily. Let's at least go see the doctor first, and see what he has to,say, then I promise I'll tell Dr.  Ashutosh".  Nidhi wanted to go to the doctor by herself, but Rohan insisted on accompanying her.

The internist, Dr. Shyam Lal, greeted her with a smile, and told Rohan that he would take good care of Dr. Ashutosh's wife, and would call him (Rohan)when he was done examining her. Rohan smiled and thanked him and left Nidhi in his care. Dr. Lal took her vitals, and examined her throat nose etc. He then asked Nidhi, what were her symptoms and exactly how long she had been having them.  Nidhi answered all his questions, and then asked him if he knew what was going on with her, and what type of bug had got infected with. Dr. Lal was very non-committal.  He said that he needed to preform some tests first and needed blood and urine samples. After all was done, he said that he also needed her to be checked out by a gynecologist. Nidhi protested, and said that it was not necessary, and that she did not have  an appointment. Dr. Lal overrode all her objections and told her he had already called the gynec on the fifth floor, Dr. Padma Kothari, and that she was waiting for Nidhi. Oh well, Nidhi thought,that was one of the perks of being the wife of the chief of staff, you got immediate service. In this case it was a pain.  After her appointment with Dr. Kothari,  she got the same answer as the one Dr. Lal had given her, that they would call her as soon the results from her labs came back. They promised her that they would put a rush on it though, but the earliest they would know, would be sometime tomorrow afternoon.  But she was told, by both the doctors that she needed to rest and get plenty of fluids and eat properly and get a good nights rest. Dr. Kothari said that she wanted Nidhi off her feet for at least 24 hrs.
Just as her appointment with Dr. Kothari was almost over, Ashutosh rushed in, a panicked look to his face. "Nidhi, what wrong with you? Dr. Kothari, what's wrong with my wife"?  Dr. Kothari smiled at his panick,"Dr. Ashutosh, you need to calm down, Dr. Lal and I have both examined her, and have taken samples for tests. But she is fine, just a case of flu. But we will know for sure by tomorrow afternoon.  Till then she needs to be off her feet for at least 24 hrs, total rest, she looks run down, and plenty of fluids and lots of sleep. I've made a prescription for some medicine, please see that she takes these regularly, I'll call you as soon as I get the results. And relax, it doesn't look like anything to worry about".  

Ashutosh, took Nidhi, to his cabin. And had her sit down. He had not said a single word to her since his talk with the doctor. Nidhi looked at him , and reached out a hand to touch him,"Suniye,..." Ashutosh refuses to look at her, he didn't even give any response. "I am sorry, I didn't want to worry you, I knew you wouldn't have let me come if you had known, and it's important to keep to the schedule of the campaign, I couldn't let everyone down." Ashutosh-"So, you kept me in the dark, that you weren't feeling well. I had to informed by a stranger that my wife wasn't  feeling well. And if Dr. Lal hadn't called me, what then Nidhi, when would you have told me? After you got well"?  Nidhi-"I wasn't  thinking Ashutosh, all I knew was I didn't want to worry you. I am really sorry. I promise that from now onwards, I won't every hide anything like this from you ever again. Please don't be angry with me, I can't stand it, specially now, when I am not feeling well, I don't have the strength to stand up to your anger as well".  Just as Ashutosh started to say something, there was a knock at his door. Ashu  told whoever it was to come in, it was one of the staff from the hospital cafeteria, he had brought up the soup that Ashu had ordered up for Nidhi.  As soon as the smell of the Soup reached her, Nidhi once again could not control herself, once again she was barely in time to reach the bathroom , in Ashu's cabin.  After she was done being sick, Nidhi wondered just how much more she could take, there was nothing in her stomach, next time she was probably going to throw up her stomach itself. Ashutosh was right behind her. He helped her rinse her mouth and wash her face then he took her back and put her in the chair. He picked up his phone and cancelled all his appointments for the day and  the next day as well. He informed the staff the he was not available ,except for emergencies only.  Nidhi wanted to argue that he didn't have to cancel his appointments, but one look at his face and her own state of health,  and she didn't  say a word. After that he took her to the car and brought her home.

Baba, looked up with concern when he saw Nidhi's face, and how she was leaning on Ashu for support.  Ashu, explained everything to Baba while he was walking Nidhi to their room.  He told Baba that he would be right out as soon as he helped Nidhi to get into bed. Nidhi, was feeling very weak, but she had thrown up so many times that day, that she was also feeling very dirty. She, told Ashu, that she would not get into bed until she had a bath. Ashu protested, but Nidhi, did not budge. So, Ashu, said that they would compromise, and that the only way he would let her take a bath was if helped her. Nidhi was too tired to argue, so she agreed. After Ashu helped her with her bath and put her in bed, he went out of the room to talk to Baba, Ashu knew that he would be worried also.  Ashu, gave Baba all the details and told him that the doctor would call tomorrow with the test results. But whatever Nidhi had was particularly Nasty, because she has been throwing up since morning. 

Ashu checked in on Nidhi, several times, and she seemed to be sleeping everytime he looked in on her. Nidhi had been asleep for almost 6 hours now.  He knew she must have been really tired, after the medical camp, and throwing up all day. He  also knew she needed rest, but she also needed to eat, so if she did not wake up in the next hour or so, he would wake her up and make her eat something, and then she could go back to sleep again. 15 minutes later, just as he got up to check up on Nidhi, once again, he saw her come out of the room, looking totally refreshed. The sleep had done wonders for her. Ashu, hurried over to her. He helped her to the sofa, and sat her down, then checked her pulse, and her eyes, and then lifted her face to look at the color in the light. Having satisfied himself, that she was indeed on the mend. He went to the kitchen, and asked HM kaka to bring the soup, which he had, had made specially for her.   When Nidhi saw the soup, she made a face, and said that she didn't want it. Ashu-"but Nidhi, it's your favorite, and you have to eat something, you haven't eaten anything all day".   Nidhi-" I am hungry, but I really don't want that, I want something else. HM kaka what dal did you make today"?  When HM told her what dal he had made that evening.  They had dal everyday in their house, because Ashu loved to eat dal, he didn't care what type as long as it was dal, Nidhi said,"Kaka, that sounds delicious, can you bring me some of that".  Ashu, Baba, and HM looked at her in surprise. Ashu-"but Nidhi, you don't even like dal very much".  Nidhi-"that's all we ate at the camp for three days, and I learnt to appreciate it during that time. So can I have some please"?  Ashu looked pleased,"I am so glad Nidhi, dal is better for you anyway". HM kaka brought her a huge bowl full, she looked at it and laughed "kaka, I wanted some not the whole amount". Ashu-"nidhi, why don't you eat what you want, and I'll have the rest".    It pleased him to see that she was eating his favorite food, and with so much relish. He was however disappointed, that she did not eat enough, and since she had been sick all day, he didn't think that it was wise to force feed her.  They had all just finished dinner, when the doorbell rang. 

It was Nidhis, whole family. Anji,  went to Ashu and gave him a hug,"Hi, Jeejaji, we all came to see Nidhi. And specially me. I wanted to talk to her about the wedding plans, I need her help. I was going to ask you permission to take her home with me, till my wedding. So, what do you say. Can Nidhi come back home and help me with the wedding preparations".  Ashu, wanted to scream, in frustration. Why was the whole universe conspiring to keep them apart, he just got her back after three days and now his saali was wanting to take her for a full two weeks. But he knew that he had no choice, there was no polite way of refusing. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place. So reluctantly , he said yes. Anji, jumped up with delight, gave him another hug and said " wow, Jeejaji, you're the best".  Ashu-" you're pretty cool youself saaliji. But I'll let her go with you only on one condition, she has to get better first.  If she is so sick, then , she can't help you in any way, and you'll spend time away from the wedding taking care of her. So, give me 2-3days I'll have her as good as new and then you can take her away".  Nidhi had been watching this exchange between the two with some amusement,"hey Mr. Jeejaji, and Miss saaliji, you are talking about me here, how about asking me whether I want to come first, and you whether I want to stay, here until I get well. What if I want to go back and have my DB take take of me, that's neither here nor there. What'll the both of you do then, huh"?  Both Anji and Ashu looked at her and grinned, Ashu-" your opinion doesn't count, I am your husband, if I say you stay, then you stay, as simple as that". Anji-" and I am your friend and sister, if I say you have to help with my wedding then you have to". They looked so cute teaming up together, she didn't have the heart to tease them any more, so she said,"Well you both better thank your lucky stars I love you both so much, nahin toh...". Everyone laughed. Then the door bell rang again, it was armanji, he had been in Mumbai for the last week and a half, he came in and touched BB's CV's and DB's feet, and said hello to everyone else, and came and gave Nidhi a hug,"what's this I hear about you being sick, don't you know that you're not allowed. Your the lady of the house, if you get sick then who will take care of the rest of us here. So now that I am back and you need to get better fast, so we can have some fun, I am sure this Buddha of yours must have been boring you out of your mind, in my absence.". Nidhi, laughed, just as Arman knew she would. She was adorable, this little sister of his, and to see her looking so pale, was not acceptable to him. Nidhi, was really glad to see Armanji back home, she had missed him a lot. Home was not home without him. 

The doorbell rang once more. ' What is this, Grand Central Station?' Thought Ashu.  This time it was Rohan,  and he had something in his hand, after saying Hi to everyone. He went directly to the kitchen, Ashu was curious, so he followed Rohan there.  He saw Rohan taking Kulfi ice team out of a cooler box. And HM kaka was helping him to serve it in plates.  Ashu was about to protest, that anything from outside could harm Nidhi, but he stopped himself just in time. Of course, Rohan  would never do anything that could harm Nidhi. And besides this was her favorite desert, and it was good for her also, and rohan had brought it for her with so much love, who was he to refuse, and come in between two friends. Ashu offered to help him carry it to the living room. Rohan smiled and they both came out carrying a tray, with plates of Kulfi . Nidhi was delighted to see her precious kulfi, and literally grabbed it of the tray.  Everyone laughed, and Ashu looked indulgently on while his wife proceeded to finish every last  bite.  It was a noisy and pleasant evening spent with family. He was beginning to love them all quite dearly. They all left after a little while, and Baba and Arman, went to bed also. HM kaka said that he would wind up in the kitchen and also retire for the night. Ashu knew Nidhi, was tired also, and said his good nights, and helped her to the bedroom. Nidhi-"Ashutosh, I am sick, I am not an invalid".  Ashu laughed and hugged her,"hey I am your husband, and I've been very worried about you all day, so give me little leeway would you".  Ashu helped her lie down and said, "Nidhi, I wanted to talk to Arman about something, I'll be right back, I wanna catch him before he falls asleep". Ashu hurried to Arman's room and knocked on the door. Arman said to come in, when he saw Ashu, he sat up, and with concern on his face,"Ashu kya hua, Nidhi toh theek hain na"? Ashu was amazed at how quickly his wife succeeded in binding everything and everyone to her. Even Arman, who had been his friend since childhood, now seemed to be more concerned and attached to Nidhi, than him.  

Ashu-"no she's fine Arman, but I needed to talk to you about something important. Nidhi, is going to do stay with her father till Anjis wedding, for about two weeks, and the only way i am going to be able,to stay so long without her, is if I keep busy. Well you know that, Babas house belongs to all of us now, and Nidhi has been making noises about moving in. Well how about we plan a surprise for her. I was thinking that we could get the house ready and redecorate it according to nidhis tastes, which you will have find out about without giving away the surprise, and the day just before Anjis wedding  festivities start, we can have a surprise grah pravesh for Nidhi at her new house I have already talked to DB and Nidhis father, they love the idea and are very excited, and are ready to help in anyway they can, BB also approves wholeheartedly. Maybe you can talk to Rohan and have him join the team. That  way we can have it ready in time. I also think that I would like to hold Anji and Rangnath's wedding reception, there at the house, it has huge grounds , and would be a perfect venue. It will be our family's wedding present to them. What do you think"?  Arman looked delighted," Wah, yaar Ashu, what a brilliant idea. I think that Nidhis company, is rubbing of on you. I am proud of you meri jaan, of couse you can count me in, and I'll guarantee that Rohan will be with us as well. So when so we start"?   Ashu-"as soon as Nidhi is better I will drop her off, and we can get started right away. In the mean time, I want you to spend time with her over the next day or so and find out exactly what her vision is for the house. And you and I can at least start preparing, going shopping for house stuff, in the mean time".  After Ashu, finalized his idea with Arman, he went back to his room. He thought that Nidhi would have gone to sleep by now, but she was wide awake, and deep in thought.  

He went up to her, and sat down next to her on the bed. Ashu took her hand and bent to kiss her forehead," itni, seriously kya soch rahi thi"?  Nidhi-" nothing I was just thinking of Anjis wedding. I am so happy for her. I was thinking about doing something special, and was just trying to come up with ideas. That's it. Nothing much". Ashu smiled and said, that they would do whatever made her happy and she thought best, and to let him know, as soon as she thought of something. Then he got up and went to get ready for bed.

What she told Ashu was only partially true. She hated lying to him. But she didn't want to say anything to him just yet. She was probably jumping the gun. But, since this evening, a spark of hope, a small glimmer really, a seed of doubt , had sprung up in her mind ever since she had eaten dal, instead of her favorite soup, and last night the Baingan. Of god, please let it be true. Soon after she had realized her love for him, Nidhi, had been dreaming of this. Everytime she saw Ashutosh, with a child, she had thought about their child,  and wondered what he would be like.  This  dream was something, that she had never even discussed with him.  Something that should have happened, had not happened for two months now. Of course, as a doctor she knew that nature often skipped a couple of cycles, if a person was going through some major changes, or a huge amount of stress. And she had had both. The stress(Mallika), and the change(her marriage). So she could not be absolutely sure.  She would find out tomorrow, but, tomorrow, suddenly seemed to far away. How was she going to pass the hours between now and then.  
Nidhi was so lost in her thoughts that she never even noticed when Ashu came back to the room, or turned the lights off. She was jolted out of her dreams when Ashu lay down next to her. He took her into his arms and looked at her, smiled and gave her a gentle kiss, and told her to go to sleep. Thank god he had not noticed her preoccupation. She wanted to tell him, but didn't , she told herself that she needed to be patient for just a while longer. Even though she didn't want to sleep, her body had other ideas, it needed to recuperate.  So with the the thoughts of a little Ashutosh jr. running around  in her head she fell asleep.
Ashu, too was wrapped up in his thoughts and plans. He was busy planning the surprise for his wife. A million ideas and plans were running through his mind also. But, foremost was the worry that Nidhi, hopefully would not mind that he had taken it upon himself to get her house ready. But he would cross that bridge if he came across it. But knew he would not have to.

Next morning Ashu, woke up at his normal time. He was relieved to see Nidhi laying next to him. She had not woken up early. Good she needed to sleep, he thought and got up reluctantly and went to get ready.
He too, was anxiously waiting for Nidhis blood tests to come back. He wanted to know exactly what bug his wife had picked up, so they could start her treatment, and she could get better. It was almost 10:00 am, ashu was working in his office from home, he was just finishing up some patient charts and lab workups, when he thought he heard Nidhis voice. Ashu, hurried to the bedroom. He saw Nidhi sitting as still as a statue, her phone in her hands, and a stunned and amazed look on her face.  Ashu ran to her, and caught her in his arms,"Nidhi, whAt happened? Say something, you're scaring me". She didn't say a word.   Ashu-" Nidhi, you are giving me a heart attack, please sweetheart say something, I'm dying here. Please tell me what's wrong", then it dawned on him, she was holding her phone,"sweetheart, did the doctor call, with your lab reports"?  When she nodded,"sweetheart tell me what's the matter, please. Nidhi look at me".  Nidhi looked up at him, and when repeated his question asking her if there was a problem regarding her results. She shook her head, but took his face into both of her hands and kissed him, if possible it was her sweetest kiss to him yet. Then she took both of his hands and placed them on her stomach, and looked at him, directly into his eyes, and smiled the most beautiful smile ever, full of love, and her eyes held the promise of future. Ashu, sat there  as stunned as she was, confused, And then he understood. He looked at he with awe, and wonder. Ashu-"Nidhi, are you telling me you're ...that we're...that I am ... Going to become..." Nidhi looked at him and nodded. They both looked at each other, neither knew what to say, but then words seemed so unnecessary, both understood, what the other was trying to say. Then suddenly, as if  a dam had broke Nidhi threw herself at Ashu, who caught her to him, and they held each other for what seemed like an eternity.  Ashu, drew away from her, and gently lay her down on the bed, and  pushed the top of her night suit shirt up and bent down and kissed her stomach with so much love and tenderness, it brought tears to her eyes. Ashu" hello, baby. I am your daddy. I want to say hello and also thank you for coming into our lives, and making  us complete. I can't wait to hold you in my arms. But that won't be for a while yet,  but until then I will talk to you ever day. So you be good and don't bother your mommy too much. Okay."   Ashu, looked up at Nidhi, " thank you. It's not enough to express what you have given me today. I thought that the day we got married was the happiest day in my life, but nothing compares to this Nidhi. Thank you for this wonderful gift. I love you my darling, today you've made my life complete.".  Nidhi sat up,"there was  one thing you said that was wrong. You said what  I have given you. No Ashutosh, I have given you nothing, we have given each other. I could not have done this by myself. It's our gift to each other, a living breathing proof of our love. And I love you too my husband, more than words can say".   

They were so lost, within their own world that they, totally forgot about Baba and Arman. Out side their room, both of them were going out of their minds with worry. Ashu had been in the room for a long time. They did not know what had happened. When it got unbearable , Arman determinedly went to the door  of their roomed and knocked loudly, several times, and when he got no reply, he opened it and peeked inside. That was how they (Baba and armaan) found both of them, wrapped in each others arms, their faces streaked with tears. Arman and Baba, we're alarmed. Baba,"Ashutosh, beta...". Ashu and Nidhi, sprang apart like two guilty children, caught with their hands in the candy jar. Baba-"beta, I am sorry we came into your room like this, we were getting worried, you were not answering out knocks or responding to our calls, I am sorry we came in like this, please forgive us. And now seeing tears on both your faces, I am even more worried. Nidhi beta...Ashutosh, one of you please tell us what's going on, before we go mad with worry"!   Ashu looked at Nidhi, a question in his eyes, and she nodded. His eyes signaled his happiness at her acceptance . He turned, to Baba and Arman, " nothing is wrong, everything is perfect, wonderful.   I have the most wonderful news for the two of you, Baba you are going to be a grandfather/great grand father,  and you Arman are going to be a Chacha. Nidhi has made our little family complete today".   Arman  and Baba looked at each other and then at the Nidhi, and yelled at the top of their lungs and jumped up and down with Ashu between them. Nidhi laughed, she was so happy. Then Baba  stopped and opened his arms to Nidhi. Nidhi, got up and started to walk towards Baba, when , she suddenly put her hands to her mouth and rushed to the Bathroom. When she was done being sick, she looked up and saw three pairs of concerned eyes and three panicked faces staring at  her.  She couldn't help herself and started laughing,"isn't this supposed to happen at the end of the  pregnancy, where you all look at me like  I am a time bomb about to explode. Agar abhi se aise hoga toh kaise kaam chalega. Also I thought that my grandfather and my husband  are doctors. Aren't you both supposed to know that this is normal".  It was like she had broken the spell surrounding them. All three of them started talking at once.  One saying that she needed to eat something, the other saying that she needed to rest and yet another saying that maybe they needed to call the doctor, to make sure she was alright. They were all pulling her towards the bed. She went along with them,  indulgently,  looking at their faces  with affection. Okay, apparently there were no doctors here, only  a grand father, a husband and a panicked brother, and they were all insane, and it was apparent that they were all going to do their level best, to make sure that she joined their ranks.  It was going to be a long 7- 8 months. But she adored all of them , and would  not have them any other way.

Nidhi, just looked from to the other, for a few minutes, thoroughly enjoying the chaos.   If she allowed this to continue, they'd never get any work done, and nobody would get any breakfast.  And suddenly she was really hungry, one thing today that was different was that she did not feel as run down as she had yesterday, but she still was not up to full strength yet. All three were still  talking, and didn't even notice her leave the room.  Nidhi went to the kitchen, where HM kaka was making breakfast. He looked at her in surprise when she walked in,"Nidhi, beti what are you doing here, you should be resting". Nidhi-"no kaka, I feel fine today, but I am very hungry, what are we having for breakfast"?  HM-"beti, I thought that since you did not eat too much last night, I would make your favorite today, so I made gobhi parathas, is that ok"?  Nidhi-"wow kaka, you took the words right out of my mouth. Can I have one right now, I am starving"?  HM  gave her one that he had just finished making, Nidhi, took her plate and put some pickle on it and went to the dining table, she could still hear the trio, in her bedroom, and wondered when they would notice that she was not there. No sooner than she had this thought, all three walked out of the bedroom, and saw her sitting on the table eating. They all were staring at her as they joined her for breakfast. Ashutosh was the first to speak,"Nidhi, why did you walk out like that without telling us"?  Nidhi-"would it have done any good, all of you were talking so loudly, I doubt that you would have heard anything I said, and besides I was hungry. By the way, these parathas are great".  Ashu-"Nidhi, I am so glad that you are finally eating properly. You need to take  even more care of yourself now, and you need to eat properly." Arman-"Ashu, stop bothering her. Let her eat. And why does she have to take care of herself,  that's what we are here for. Don't worry Nidhi, and don't listen to him, we will look after you, it's our job." Baba-"Haan beta, tujhe jo chahiye, woh bataa dena, kisi cheez ka man kare, sochna nahin. Is samay tere ko Jo man kare khana chahiye, Ashu ki baat sun ne ki koi jarurat, nahin hai. Main hoon na, mujhe bolna".  Nidhi smiled at all of them, " abhi to main yeh parathe enjoy kar rahi hoon Baba. Thank god I still like one of my favorite foods. Nahin. Toh I thought I,was loosing my mind. For the past almost a week, I've been eating stuff, I've never liked before, Baingan and daal eeww. Thank heavens the baby has some of my tastes also, not just his fathers." Ashu, hearing the word father in reference to him, made him swell with pride,"And why shouldn't She have my tastes, after all she's my baby too". Nidhi, stopped eating at those words of his and grinned at him, Baba and Arman had also stopped talking and were staring at Ashu.   Baba,"so you want a daughter Ashu"?  Ashu, blushed and smiled,"yes Baba, I have always dreamed of having a daughter". Arman -"And what about you Nidhi, what do you want"?  Nidhi-"I never thought about it, whatever Dr. Ashutosh wants is fine with me. But right now, I just want another paratha".  Just then HM walked to the dining table with a plate full of hot parathas. He looked at the people sitting there, the three men were looking at Nidhi and smiling, he wondered what was going on, he was happy that Nidhi beti was feeling better, but this was taking relief too far, you'd think that no one had ever gotten sick before. HM-"kya baat hai, doctor sahab, aap log nidhi beti ko is tarha kyon dekh rahein hain. Sab theek hai na"?  Baba looked at HM and said,"HM we are celebrating, hamari, bitiya, bahut jald humare ghar mein khushiyan lane wali hai. Hamare yahan ek nanha mehman aane wala hai". HM face lit up. "sach, yeh toh bahut khushi ki baat hai. Ab toh bahu ka khayal zyada rakhna padega. Doctor sahab, aapne apne samdhi ko meri taraf se bhi badhai de dena".   

Ashu and Baba looked at each other, they'd had totally forgotten all about nidhis father and DB in all the excitement. Baba-"Nidhi beta maaf karna, khushi ke karan sab kuch bhool gaya. Main abhi tere Baba aur DB ko phone kar ke yeh khushkhabri, deta hoon". He was about to get up when Nidhi stopped him,"Nahin Baba, abhi nahin". Ashu, Arman and Baba, all looked at her with surprise. Baba-"but why beta, this is such a good and happy news, your father  needs to be informed that he is going to be a grandfather,and your DB is going to be a great grandmother.  Why do you want to keep such a thing from them." Nidhi-"Baba, right now everyone over there is busy with Anjis wedding. And if we tell them, then the focus will be on me, I can't do that to Anji. This her wedding, she needs to be the center of attention. I know she will be ecstatic, but then she too will also focus on me. Even, Aunty and Uncle will be more concerned about my dos and don'ts. Plus I won't get to enjoy myself, no one will let me do anything. I won't even get to dance. Ever since we were little, Anji and I had dreamt and made plans for each others weddings, and doing a dance and taking care of all the details from the biggest to the tiniest, was a part of the deal. But if we tell them then, I won't get to do anything, and I can't disappoint Anji, I know she won't say anything, but I can't do that to her. So we have to keep quiet about our news till after the wedding. I can't even tell Baba or DB, I know that Baba will keep the secret, but there is no way DB will keep quiet, and I can't tell Baba and not DB.  DB is my grandmother, but in reality she is my mother, even more than that. So, I promise the very next day, or even the minute the wedding is over we can make our announcement. So all of you have to promise me, that you guys won't say a word."  All of them reluctantly gave her their word.  Ashu-"but Nidhi, even I will not allow you to run around now, and no way are you going to do any dance. You can't take chances like that, and if you argue with me on this I will go tell DB everything." Baba and Arman were also firm on that point. She could see, that none of them would budge an inch, on this matter. She was surrounded by male chauvinists, and she was also wise enough to know when she was outnumbered. Then Ashu spoke up again,"one more thing Nidhi, I cannot allow you to go to your mayka  now either. None of can be there with you to take care of you, and I know that you will overdo, and tire yourself out. And that's not good for you or the baby. Also, how will you manage to hide your pregnancy, if you keep throwing up. DB is smart enough to know why, you keep getting sick, specially when she sees that you are eating all my favorite foods. So I am sorry but you can't go." Nidhi-"but how can I not go, I promised Anji. I can't go back on my word. What will I tell her, she'll never forgive me.". Nidhi's eyes filled with tears, when Baba saw this he said,"don't worry beta, we will come up with something. We will figure out a way in which you can participate, and also take care of yourself and the baby. I promise. And now you have to promise me you won't get upset and you won't cry. If you keep crying like this then my grandchild will be a rondu, and we can't have that now can we"?  Nidhi smiled at that and finished her breakfast.  She was about to get up, when she remembered something she had forgotten to tell Ashu.  Nidhi-"Ashutosh, main aapko  ek baat bataana to  bhool  hi gayi. Dr. Kothari, wants me to come in for a check up today. It's nothing to worry about, just a normal routine check-up to make sure everything is the way it should be, and also to,give us a due date for the baby. We have to be there in an hour, so I'll go get ready now, and you should get ready also.". 

Ashu, waited anxiously, in the waiting room while Nidhi, was in the exam room with the doctor. So, he thought,'this is what it feels like at the other end'. Ashu was used to being given preferential treatment, as a doctor. So sitting out here waiting was driving I'm crazy. He couldn't understand why, he wasn't allowed in with her, he was a doctor after all. After about half an hour of stewing, the nurse came out and asked him to come with her. Finally!  Ashu followed the nurse, who led him into the sonography room. Why was Nidhi getting a sonography, it was too early on, he was worried now, he hoped everything was ok.  When he went in, Nidhi was Lying on the exam table, talking to the doctor, and when she saw him, she held out her hand. Ashu came over, and shook , Dr. Kothari's hand,"Goodmorning doctor. How's my wife. Is everything ok with her and the baby"?  Dr. K-"Dr. Ashutosh, please don't worry your wife and baby are absolutely fine. We just wanted to show you something". Ashu-"But doctor isn't it too soon for a sonography, can you even see the baby, at 4-6  weeks along"?  Dr. K smiled,"that's what I wanted to show you Dr. Ashutosh. When I saw your wife yesterday, I had my suspicions, but the lab results confirmed my suspicions. Your wife is about 10 weeks along, and at that stage it is very easy to see the baby. Come here doc, and let me introduce you to your baby".  Ashu looked at Nidhi, she had a huge smile on her face. '10weeks' Ashu thought,'their honeymoon',  he too smiled at her and squeezed her hand, in perfect understanding. What a totally unexpected, and wonderful surprise. Ashutosh, came closer and  looked at the monitor, where he got his first glimpse of his child. This would be one of those moments that would forever be etched into his memories. There was no way to describe what he felt looking at that tiny life, that he and Nidhi had created. The one thing that would forever immortalize their union and love.  This perfect tiny little human being nestled inside his wife, was one of the greatest miracles of his life, other than Nidhi.  Ashutosh, was overwhelmed at the emotions, flooding his entire being, when he saw and heard, his child's heartbeat, and the tiny little limbs, that looked more like tiny fins on a fish, move. He had never seen anything more beautiful. Ashu was at a loss for words, all he could do was stare.  Then all of a sudden, he became aware of his surroundings, when he heard Dr. K say,"it's ok Dr. Ashutosh , I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way when I saw my baby inside me for the first time. My husband actually started crying. Nidhi and I wanted to show you your child, that's why we called you in. Your wife said that showing you the CD wasn't good enough, she wanted you to see the real thing. And I agreed. But I will also give you a CD and some photographs for keepsakes. And now let's go to my office and discuss the next 61/2 months."

When they were seated in her office, she told them all the dos and don'ts,  gave tham a schedule of appointments and followups  also  gave him a prescription  for prenatal vitamins that nidhi would be required to take during the course of pregnancy, along with an exercise regimen, to keep her healthy, and help with a smooth delivery. Then she asked both of them if they had any questions for her. Before Nidhi could say anything, Ashu spoke up" Doctor if everything is ok, why has Nidhi been throwing up so much. I mean morning sickness is normal, but she has been throwing up all day, even the slightest smell sets her off."?  Dr. K-"Dr. Ashutosh, Nidhi, tells me that the only time she has been sick today, was this morning, and that after that, she even had breakfast, and feels fine now. All I can conclude from that the recent trip to the medical camp, exhausted her. The conditions under which she was living for 4days is not good for a pregnancy,  Of course, she didn't know at the time which happens in some cases. Once again let me assure you, your wife is absolutely fine and so is your child, which you have just seen for yourself, but that does not mean she is super woman. She needs to be careful and take precautions, so that she does not tire herself out like that again.  That means no more medical camps. But right now she is ok. So please don't worry. And that's what I am here for also, isn't it.  I'll take good care of her.". Nidhi-"Dr. K I also have to ask you something. My best friend is getting married in a two weeks, is it ok if I go home and help her with the preparations. Also, is it ok for me to dance at her wedding, we sort of made a deal when we were little, to dance at each others wedding. She fulfilled her part of the bargain, and now it's my turn. Of course, I won't do anything that will harm the baby, so I thought I'd ask you first"?  Dr.k-"Nidhi, you are pregnant, not an invalid", at those words Nidhi looked at Ashu, with a satisfied grin. Those were the same word she had said this morning. Dr. K"you can do anything you want , up to a reasonable point. You are perfectly free to go home and help out with the wedding, as long as you take frequent rests, eat properly, keep yourself hydrated, and do not tire yourself out. And as for the dance, well pregnant woman go and exercise at the gym till the seventh month at least. So no problem there either, just make sure it is not a strenuous dance. But a soft and gentle song sequence will be fine. There are no restrictions as such, just use your common sense, or call me if there is any doubt. Now you can go home, and enjoy being pampered for the next few months. Because after that, and for the rest of your life it is you who are going to do the pampering. I'll see you next months for your routine follow up. Take care and call me if there are any questions".  

All the way home Ashu, had a scowl on his face. She knew why. Her husband sulked like a child everytime he did not get his way. Looking at him like this, who could say that this was the nationally renowned Neurosurgeon, Dr. Ashutosh Mathur. She chuckled to her self, well he couldn't always have his way!  Just then her phone rang, it was Rohan. Oh my god, she had totally forgotten about him, she was supposed to call him today  after getting the results back from the lab, he must be worried out of his mind. Nidhi answered and said Hello. Rohan-"you are the most insensitive person on this earth, do you know how worried I've been. You were supposed to call  me this morning I've been waiting forever.  What the hell happened. Are you ok. Is everything fine"?  Rohan was yelling at her so loudly that even Ashutosh heard him. He looked over at Nidhi and frowned. Nidhi, gestured for Ashu, to keep quiet,"Rohan relax I am fine. All the blood test are fine. There is nothing wrong with me. In fact everything is perfect just perfect. But I do have something I need to tell you, and I'd rather do it in person. Where are you right now"?  Rohan-"I am five minutes from your house. I was  getting so worried, that I couldn't go to work without seeing how you were, but what's so important that you can only tell me to my face, why can't you tell me over the phone"?  Nidhi-" because it's the kind of thing that has to said face to face. And I won't say another word on the matter, I'll see you in a few moments" 

While, driving to Nidhi's house, Rohan wondered what was so important that, she could not have told him over the phone.  She  had sounded very strange. Any way,he had to go pick up Armanji, also, they were supposed to go shopping for some samples and stuff for the renovations of the house. Although, what explanation they were going to give Nidhi he had no idea, it was a good thing that with Anjis wedding she would be preoccupied, otherwise they could never pull this whole decorating thing without her finding out. Life is so strange, he thought to himself, it seems everything comes around to a full circle. It seems just like yesterday, he had been doing the same thing, but at that time Nidhi, was the one planning to surprise, Dr. Ashutosh and he had been helping, and this time it was Dr. Ashutosh planning the surprise.  Only difference was that this time he would have a lot of help, Armanji, Dr. Ashutosh, Nidhis baba and DB and also BB all were going to be involved. Of course, it would be  a bit dicey as they were all taking part in the preparations for Anji's wedding also.  It was going to be an interesting experience, he laughed to himself.

Nidhi, was not at home when he got there, so that meant that he got a few minutes to discuss  how to proceed and exactly what needed to be done. Apparently, the biggest task was the decor. Arman had talked to this morning for a bit,  and gotten some general ideas as to what she liked and what colors she preferred. Also what kind of a look she was she planning for, when she eventually, got around to fixing the house after Anjis wedding(boy was she in for a surprise).  He had to hand it to Dr. Ashutosh, it was a perfect plan.  Apparently, interior she had in mind for the house, was going to be a mix of traditional (Ashu's taste), and contemporary(her taste). She had some pretty good ideas, it was plainly evident that Armanji approved. Rohan didn't think it would be a big problem getting the house ready in time. After all it was an inside job. The outside just needed some painting and the grounds needed to be landscaped. Armanji had already talked to a landscaping company, he knew about, and some painters. The work would start tomorrow. They were going with Dr. Ashutosh to meet with a Rep from both companies this afternoon.

They(Arman and Rohan)had just finished their discussion, when Nidhi and Ashutosh, walked into the house. Nidhi saw Rohan the minute she entered. She ran up to him and gave him a hug. Rohan looked uncomfortably at Dr. Ashutosh, worried at what he would think. But Ashutosh, too was beaming from ear to ear. Nidhi-"I am so glad you are here. I have the most wonderful news Rohan, and I had to tell you in person. I am going to be a Mom. Thats why I was so sick. The doctors confirmed the news today. Can you believe it."Rohan was looking at her with his mouth open. Arman took a look at his expression and walked up to him and closed his mouth.   Arman-"I know just how you feel buddy, I was in the same boat this morning. It seems that we are going to be Uncles".  Rohan, didn't know how to respond. There were so many mixed emotions flooding him right now. On one hand he was so happy for his friend. She looked so happy, and so at peace with life, that she was literally glowing. All the happiness that he had ever wanted and wished for her, was there as plain as day in her face, for any one to see. He wished to god that she would always be this happy.  But on the other hand, it was another thorn, in his heart. He closed his eyes, so that Nidhi wouldn't see what was going on in his mind and heart. Just for one instant, he wished that he was the one she was sharing this happiness with and not some other man, just for one second, he became selfish again. But the very next second, he shrugged off the feeling of the helplessness and unfairness of life. He had accepted this fait accompli long ago. He knew that this would come sooner or later, but knowing what was to come and facing the reality of it were two different things.  Anyway, life went on...
He opened his eyes, and all Nidhi saw was his happiness at pleasure at her news.  Ashu's respect for Rohan rose up to new heights. He had seen what was in Rohan's eyes, before he closed them, to get control over his feelings. He wished that his friendship with Mallika could have been like this. 
        Rohan swept her up into a hug and was about to spin her around.  Alarmed, Ashu, Arman, and Baba rushed to stop him.  All three of them spoke at once,"ROHAN"!   He looked up at them, startled. Just as he was about to ask what the matter was, he realized what he had been about to do. He smiled sheepishly,"sorry".  But went ahead and hugged Nidhi tightly. Rohan,"I am so happy for you. And I am happy for myself also. Gosh!  I'm gonna be an Uncle.  I can't wait to talk to Anji  and start making plans, it's gonna be so much fun, having a baby in the family. Wow I can't wait. So when is it due, are we having a boy or girl".  Everyone laughed, and Ashu estimation of Rohan went even higher. Nidhi had indeed been blessed the day Rohan had come into her life and become her friend.  Nidhi, laughed and answered Rohan quarries,"Rohan you are really silly. It's too early to find out the sex of the baby. Besides I don't want to know, I would like it to be a surprise for all of us. And the baby, I'd due in 6 1/2 months. The Doctor said the due date was the 14th of February   {sorry guys, i am taking a little liberty here, we know that the date of their wedding was May 9th, and we also know that they did the deed two days later may 11th,  so according to that, then  February 14th  would be pretty close to the actual due date,(which to be accurate would be February 25th) thoda toh creative license allowed hota hai na?}    Ashu,-"Nidhi, why didn't you tell, me"?  Nidhi, laughed,"Well, you didn't ask. The doctor and I both were waiting for you to ask about the baby's due date, but you didn't , so I thought that I'd surprise you, cause I knew that someone at home would".  Ashu, was delighted, what better day to have their baby come into the world, than the day that love was celebrated. Then Baba asked  Ashu, if everything was alright, and if there was a anything to be concerned about, regarding Nidhi's health.  Ashu, assured Baba that the doctor had said that everything was normal, and the baby was fine. Nidhi also told Baba, that the doctor said that within reason, she could do anything, even participate in all aspects of the wedding including the Sangeet.  Baba, looked skeptical, and Rohan and Arman started protesting.  Apparently, they would not easily let her win this argument. So, she wisely kept quiet and decided that she would handle this  matter at the appropriate time.  

After lunch, Nidhi, told the guys that she was feeling tired and that she wanted to take a nap. Ashu went with her to their room and helped settle  her down, and kissed her cheek, and told her that he and Arman, and Rohan  had an appointment concerning some arrangements for Anjis wedding, he said that since they were all we're going to be out, and since she would be sleeping, they would ask Baba to go with them. Nidhi, mumbled something, and fell asleep, Ashu, smiled and closed the curtains, made sure everything was alright, then he left the room and closed the door gently. On their way out, Ashu told HM kaka to keep an eye on Nidhi, in case she needed something. HM told him not to worry.  

On their way to the house, Ashu, brought up the subject of nidhi, wanting to spend the next 2 weeks with her parents. Rohan, was confused about this, he couldn't understand why they didn't want to let her go. He was sure that DB would take good care of Nidhi, even amongst all the chaos of the wedding, and it's preparations. When he mentioned these concerns Arman answered,"of course, we know that Rohan, DB would take better care of Nidhi, than we ever could, but that is not the issue". When Rohan looked at him questioningly, Arman, told him that Nidhi did not want anyone in her family, including Anji, and her parents, to know about her pregnancy, until after the wedding, and then explained the reasons  and  the reason for their reluctance to let Nidhi stay with her family. Rohan, agreed with Nidhi, and said that she had made the right decision, but he still couldnt understand their dilemma, Then Arman said,"The dilemma, is how do we stop Nidhi from going, and what  possible viable excuse can we give her family, without telling them the truth"?  Rohan could see how that could cause a whole host of problems.  Then Ashutosh said, "I have the perfect solution for all these issues, if you guys will help, me implement my plan"?   He then proceeded to tell them his idea,"I was thinking that,  we should go to Anjis house right now, and have DB and Baba (CV) also meet us there, and ask  them  what they would say to the idea of them having  the wedding, and all of the events preceding it at our farm house(babas house).  And, if, they are agreeable to this  suggestion, it would solve all of our problems, Nidhi would get to be with her family and participate in everything, and we could all keep  an eye on her also, and plus it would make Solanki Uncle really happy, he would get to save a bundle of money in venue rentals. Now the only down side to this idea is, and that is where i am going to need your help, that we will need to  get the house ready, for us to move into, in a few days and not the full 7-10 days like we had originally planned. And we can get everyone involved even, Anji and her parents, to a certain extent. And we would also have to tell them that it's a surprise for Nidhi, so everyone would have to keep quiet about it.  That's the reason, I wanted to you come with us Baba, I wanted to know your opinion. So, what do you all think? Is it a good idea, moreover is it doable?Both Baba and Arman, thought it was a brilliant idea, and Rohan agreed with them. Rohan-"Sir, I think that's a wonderful idea, and it's absolutely doable. Last time, it was just Nidhi and me and we managed to do it in just 2days, but this time it's all of us, so it's absolutely possible." Baba and Arman, also said that they should be able to finish. It was not as if the house had structural damage, that needed repairs, it was all  just cosmetic work, which was easier. When that was decided, Arman called the landscapers and the interior guys and the painters, and rescheduled the meeting with them for later in the afternoon. With that part done, Ashu, called CV, and asked him and DB to meet them over at Anji's house.

Once there, Ashu, made his proposal. The reactions were expected, Shyama Aunty, was reluctant, Solanki Uncle was elated, Anji was over the moon(because had she loved the farm house ever since she had gone with Nidhi, to see it) and DB and CV were happy and proud of him for coming up with the idea, and for so quickly becoming a part of, and also accepting them all as family.  Once it was agreed upon, everyone started to make plans, as to what the best and fastest way was,  to get the house ready, for the wedding. They also liked that it was supposed to be a surprise for Nidhi.  Ashu looked at Anji and her parents, and said,"Thank you for letting me part of the family, and have the wedding at our house. But, I don't want you guys to worry, we will get the house ready in time for the wedding next week. I don't want to take time away from your preparations".  Anji-"Jeejaji, ek taraf family kehte ho aur doosri taraf, thank you bhi kehte ho, aur to aur, formalities bhi karte ho. Don't worry about the wedding, sab ho jayega. Most of the things have already been done. We just have to make a few phone calls to the caterers, decorators and such, but that's a minor detail, I'll do that today. And the rest we can take care of along with the house. So just chill, we're family. Everything will be good". Ashu, blushed at that, he was really happy that things were going according to plan.   The next part of the plan was how they would keep Nidhi busy during the day for the next few days. Anji, and Rohan volunteered to take care of that. Rohan said that he would keep Nidhi busy for half the day, at the hospital with the PR campaign, and then after lunch Anji, said that it would be her turn. She would take Nidhi, to finish the shopping and also finalize the rest of the details, like the mehendi and Sangeet preparations, also with Nidhis help finalize the menus for the  different events.  And then she would drop her home by dinner time. Ashu also promised that He would see to it that he, Arman and Baba would be home, before Nidhi. They also, decided that it would be faster if they each took up a specific chore in regards to the house, that way,  all the details would get covered. So for example, BB would see to the Landscaping, CV would see to the painting of the house inside as well as outside, CS and DB would see to the kitchen, and DB also insisted that they had to have a small Mandir in the house, and she would see to all the details regarding that, including the deities and the stuff needed to preform prayers, Arman  and Anji would see to the furnishings and decor, Ashu, would make sure that everything was being done and that all the workers and contractors, like the electricians,and plumbers etc,  were keeping to the schedules, he would also, help and pitch in wherever he was needed, and Mr and Mrs Solanki would go ahead with the wedding plans with the house in mind as a back drop for all the functions. At the end, Ashu, took Rohan aside and asked him to personally take charge of taking care of Nidhi, for the next week, to make sure she ate on time and did not overwork herself. 

After, the meetings at the house with the the Reps, from the landscaping, painting and the interior decorating firms, all four of them headed home. It had been a very productive , but also a long and tiring day. Ashu, looked at the time, it was also very late. Nidhi, must be up by now, he thought. He couldn't wait to get back to his wife.  But starting with tomorrow, till Anjis wedding, it was going to be chaotic. He just had to make sure that he kept Nidhi away from the house till then.  

The next week went by very quickly, everyone was so busy, and there was hardly anytime to rest.  He was so thankful to Rohan for taking over the responsibility for taking care of his  wife,  as it is, he hardly had time to breathe, let alone take care of nidhi, he knew that she was in good hands with her friend. He spent his days dividing his time between his duties at home, at the hospital, and supervising the work at the house, he was also  the general gopher for everyone. The new house was in chaos, to look at it you could never believe that, a wedding was going to held there in a week. All of the old furniture had been disposed of and the new furniture had been ordered. It was due to arrive in two days. The house was supposed to be ready by tomorrow evening,  the  last of the workers would hopefully be out of there by then.  Ashu had taken the day off, the day after tomorrow, which was supposed to be the move in day, and the  greh  pravesh was scheduled for that evening.  He was having a devil of a time trying to spend enough time with Nidhi, so that she would not become suspicious. He had almost tripped himself up a couple of times, in front of her. Two days ago, he had gone home with paint on his face, and had come up with the silliest excuse, lucky for him that his wife was so busy at the hospital with the campaign, thanks to Rohan, and  also with helping Anji with the wedding preparations, and being newly pregnant, that he had gotten away with it.   So far she had not broached the subject of going to stay with her family.   He just hoped that his luck would hold out.  And it did!

Finally two days later, the house was ready. The furniture had arrived that morning, along with all the knicks knacks.  Everybody was running around trying to get the work done in readiness for that evenings function.  So, after a lot of hard work, swearing, and chaos, everything was ready. The house looked beautiful inside and out. It was finally ready to greet and welcome its new mistress.  

Every one except for Arman, Anji, and Rohan, went home to rest a bit and then get ready for the evening.  The three of them, had brought their clothes etc, with them that morning, so that they could get ready at the house only.  They had stayed behind to oversee the plans for the grah pravesh, and  to put the final touches to the decorations. Starting tomorrow, all the guests and family would start to arrive, for the wedding.

Nidhi, looked at the sari, that Ashu, had picked out for tonight's  prayer ceremony,  which was supposed to signify the start of the festivities for Anji, and Dr. Rangnath's wedding.  It was a traditional red and white zari sari, but it was beautiful.   Ashu had told her that, they had to leave a bit early as he had to make a detour via the farm house. Baba had something that he needed to do there before they went to Anji's house.  When they got there, Ashu  parked outside the gate  and helped her get out of the car.  As she approached she saw that the gates were wide open, which was strange, they were not supposed to be left open like that, as she got closer she also saw they they looked like they had been newly painted.  At the entrance to the property, she saw that the whole walkway from the gate to the front door of the house had been covered with rose petals and the petals were bordered by diyas. In fact the whole house had been decorated with lights, diyas, and flowers. The beautifully landscaped lawns were also lit up with lights. Everything looked so beautiful, almost like a new bride waiting for her groom.  Ashu, put his arm around Nidhi's shoulders and helped her walk up the rose petal covered walkway, to the front door.  As they approached, the door opened and she saw her whole family standing inside, waiting to greet them. DB was standing in the front with a pooja  ki thali, with a diya on it.  Ashu, stopped outside the front door, and looked at Nidhi and said,"welcome to your new house, Dr. Nidhi Mathur. Surprise!". Nidhi's husband had once again rendered her speechless. So what she could not convey in words, she let her eyes say to him. And Ashutosh smiled. After DB preformed the traditional grah pravesh ceremony, they entered the house. Nidhi looked around , it was beautiful, everything was almost exactly the way she had envisioned. The mix of the contemporary and traditional  decor was a perfect compliment for the other, just like hers and Ashu, life. 
So this was what  everyone had been spending the last week doing. She  had gotten suspicious early on about Ashu's strange behavior, but she put that down to him finding out that he was going to be a father. She could never have imagined this.   Ashutosh, informed her that there were two reasons that the house needed to be fixed up in such a hurry, the first being, her. Ashu had wanted to surprise her.  And the second for Anjis wedding. He told her that they would be hosting All of the events up to and including the wedding. And that the next day everyone including her family and Anjis would be coming to stay here with them till the wedding  and bidai. Nidhi, knew exactly why he had done that, for her. He did all of this so that she would be able to take part in all the festivities,  ceremonies of the wedding,  and at the same time he would be there right beside her, to take care of her and the baby.  And, somehow most of her stuff had already been brought here. She did not know how he had managed to do that without her knowing, although she would still have to go back for the rest of it. Of course the final  move would not happen till after Anjis bidai. She looked at her husband, and thought, was there any woman in this world that was luckier than  her.   She knew that they could  not have any privacy right now, but her eyes promised him everything for later.   Apparently everyone, other than herself and Ashu, were going home for the night and returning the next morning, so they could and would have the whole house to themselves for tonight.

She  spent the next couple of hours, talking laughing with friends and getting the blessings of her elders, while at the same time, waiting impatiently for the moment that she could be alone with her husband, so that they could also celebrate privately, just the two of them.  When the evening looked to be winding up she got up in front of her whole family, and thanked them, for this beautiful gift of their love.  Her throat clogged up with tears and emotion. So she could not say much else other than that she loved them all very much, and how happy and blessed she was to have them as her family.  When everyone left, Ashu, locked the doors, and turned to her, and held out his arms, Nidhi flew into them, she really had come home,literally,  and in more ways than one. 

Libra just wondefully written no words to express our satisfaction if only KPji could take some of ur romantic ideas for AshNi in all the serials they show us romance between couples may it be in IPKKND even Bade ache lagte hai so why not this one.Anyways great job and now i understood y u ask me for longer chapters Embarrassed Big smile
Keep it up
ClapClapClapDeadShockedClapClapBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LibraSuvika.

niniborn2rule

IF-Rockerz

niniborn2rule

Posted: 14 July 2012 at 3:39am | IP Logged
waooo libra superb yaar...it had everything...awesome...Clap

LibraSuvika.

Aazeen02

IF-Rockerz

Aazeen02

Posted: 14 July 2012 at 4:27am | IP Logged
Anu di... what a piece of writing... take my bows... An excelllennnt work... I totally loved it thoroughly... I juz wished, it never ends... 
   Right from the rashes from the beard issue, to the teasing of the cause, to the feeling of being sick, to the care of ashu n family, to the pregnancy news, to the sonography scene, to the overwhelmed ashutosh, to the happy mathur family to armaan n rohan, to the house surprise... every bit was outstanding... If only I could see u in person right now, I would surely have given u a 'pappi' right on... Thank u sooo very much 4 this...
 When can I read the next update...??? But I must say, u made us wait 4 long, but the wait was worth it... I love u so much 4 this... THanx a lot...  n haan, plz update soon... kitna bhi lamba ho, chalega hi nahi daudega... I'm ever ready 2 read...

Edited by Aazeen02 - 14 July 2012 at 4:37am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ZedZeeLibraSuvika.

ZedZee

ZedZee

Posted: 14 July 2012 at 5:16am | IP Logged
  Clap OMG... It was sooo goood.Clap... I just loved each and every bit of itDay Dreaming...right from the part where the whole hospital teases her about the rash, to the pregnancy, to everyone in the house concerned about her, Embarrassed Embarrassed EmbarrassedTill the suprise..Big smileSmile

It was absolutely amazzzinggg... MAGICAL Clap Your writing always takes me into a fantasy world...Embarrassed I dont know what wud we have done without writers like you and turags...Embarrassed

LibraSuvika.

Sujatha.rao

IF-Rockerz

Sujatha.rao

Posted: 14 July 2012 at 6:28am | IP Logged
Anu, I feel like I've just had a sumptuous meal...kudos!

Honestly, Suja and you are doing far greater justice to the concept and the characters than KP bhaiyyaji can ever hope to do...

And am a traditionalist...I love babies...and this baby can only strengthen their bond and add new colours to their life...please show Nidhi working and busy all through these months so people ( read show makers) know that a baby does not stop a woman from living her life...it may take adjustments for sure but what is life without challenges...truly looking forward to seeing Nidhi's journey to motherhood through your eyes...look forward to whatever Suja sees fit to dish up next..thank you once again!

Edited by Sujatha.rao - 14 July 2012 at 7:31am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ZedZeeLibraSuvika.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top