Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Our KTLK-Version - 1 CH 35(pg 144)Ashu's Legacy (Page 67)

Post Reply New Post

Page 67 of 150

Suvika.

IF-Sizzlerz

Suvika.

Posted: 02 July 2012 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by niniborn2rule

Originally posted by turags

Guys...am back in my full form now...will post the chap by tonight or latest tomorrow morning...and i think all of us including me will need this chap after seeing that precap last night...God!! what has got into KPji?? he has completely lost it!!  Angry Dead

Libra, in our story, Mallu's pardaafash happens like this, right? when she harms Nidhi with a knife...yahan toh KPji ne ulta kardiya...KP aur Mallu ki prem kahaani amar rahe...!!! D'oh

this is wat i was telling u that day...see the characters are same even the knofe incident is same...only the viewpoint is different so its proved that a change in viewpoints an actually change the story evenif the incidents remain more or less same...

Yaar koyi kuch karo yaar iss KPji ko!!! tell him to take a break for a few months and eat barva baingan...Angry

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shah1485karajekarLibra

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Our KTLK-Version - 1 CH 35(pg 144)Ashu's Legacy (Page 67)" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Suvika.

IF-Sizzlerz

Suvika.

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 6:19am | IP Logged
OK friends...my chapter is ready...but will post it after tonight's episode...will try and balance that negativity with some of my positivity... LOL 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shalini.malik72ssktlkSSA777karajekarLibraniniborn2rule

SSA777

Goldie

SSA777

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by turags

OK friends...my chapter is ready...but will post it after tonight's episode...will try and balance that negativity with some of my positivity... LOL 

Turags, please post soon.  Need some of your positivity to wash out the bad taste from today's episode.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Libra

Suvika.

IF-Sizzlerz

Suvika.

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 4:39pm | IP Logged

Hi Friends, so sorry for the delay..wanted to wait and post this chap soon after last night's epi but went off to sleep before 11. anyway, here it is. Hope you enjoy and as usual, comments are most welcome!! Smile

Chapter 24: 

There is always a kind of peace amidst all their passion as if they were content with themselves and the world around them, thought Nidhi after scaling the heights in their loving and Ashu went off to sleep with his arms wrapped around her and one leg thrown over her legs. It was as if he was imprisoning her even in his sleep…as if he feared she would go off and leave him…as if he would hold her back by sheer physical force if necessary if even thought ever crossed her mind. Nidhi didn't know what kind of fate brought Ashu into her life and how or why she fell in love with him. But after almost 6 weeks of marriage, it is difficult to even recollect her life before him. It was as if she was "existing" before both their cars collided in that accident and started "living" only since that day. And no matter how much he has changed in the past weeks and how hard he tried to really make true of the statement – "your family is my family", Nidhi is beginning to realize that he still had low self esteem where his relationships were concerned. His fear of abandonment is so deep routed that it won't be easy for her to completely remove it. And she is determined to remove it, even if it takes 10 yrs and 10 kids..and that brought a smile to her face. She almost drifts off to sleep when the sound of the phone ringing wakes her up. It was her cell phone and the call was from Dr Ranganath. 

Ranga – Dr Nidhi, sorry to disturb you. but there has been a major accident on the Delhi-Lucknow highway and the accident victims are being brought to KGH as we speak. It was a multi vehicle collision so the number is more. I am calling all the interns and doctors to come and help out. 

Nidhi – ok Dr Ranganath. I will leave asap. Shall I ask Dr Ashutosh to come too? 

Ranga – No Dr Nidhi. His knee is still healing and he can't stand and attend these patients for so long. I called the stand-in neurosurgeon for the current situation. We'll handle it and Dr Ashutosh can come in the morning to make rounds. 

Nidhi says ok and gets up. Ashu is also awake and asks her what happened. She explains the situation to him while she is getting dressed and Ashu also gets up to come with her. She stops him from getting out of the bed by putting her hands on his shoulders and pushing him back on the pillows. 

Nidhi – a ji, why are you getting up? Dr Ranganath told you can come in the morning. You need time to heal and if you strain yourself at this stage, you'll end up having a relapse. I know the doctor in you wants to respond to this phone call but please listen to me. There are enough docs over there and if required, I promise you that I will call you. 

Ashu looked torn but in the end could see the truth behind her statement. After again taking the promise that she would call him if required, he tells her to go and tells her again and again to drive carefully. She turns to leave but he pulls her back for a hard kiss on her lips. Nidhi leaves promising to call him once things settle down. The scene at the hospital is utter chaos. Victims of the accident were being brought it..some with mild injuries and some very severe. Among them there are two families coming back from some pleasure trip and that meant children are also present. The doctors and nurses are having a hard time taking care of so many at the same time. As soon as Nidhi entered the hospital, she takes over the 6 children who are injured. She, with the help of a couple of ward boys, shifts the kids to the paediatric ward and starts on their first aid and asks the nurse Janki Bai to call Dr Yash, who was the resident paediatrician. More than the injuries, the kids had all panicked and are scared and want their mom and dad. Nidhi set about to divert them with the help of the other children in the ward all the while tending to their injuries, bandaging them and giving TT shots. Dr Yash comes over to look at the 2 kids who sustained ankle and shoulder fractures and orders x-rays. One kid has a concussion and he is taken for a CT to assess brain damage. By the time Nidhi attends all the kids and gives them their medication, Janki Bai comes to tell her that there are no more vacant beds for the kids. Nidhi orders for some rolling beds to be brought in from the store room and spreads them out between the hospital beds. The elder kids with less severe injuries are given the rolling beds while the ones that need constant supervision and care are given the proper beds. As she comes out of the ward, she meets an elderly couple who seem about to collapse from grief. Nidhi approaches them and makes them sit down and asks if they are also injured in the accident. The lady says, "no but we wish we were the ones you were in that jeep. Instead its our daughter and son in law and now both of them are dead." Nidhi is shocked at hearing this. She doesn't know how to respond for a second. Then she just goes to the lady and hugs her. Nidhi – "I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you are going through right now. Is there anything I can do for you? were they alone in their vehicle?" Lady – "no. they had their 2 kids. Our grandchildren. One boy and one girl. Now we are even scared to ask about them." Nidhi – "I have attended all the kids who were involved in the accident. There were 6 of them and none of them are in any kind of danger. They just have minor injuries and we have admitted them in the ward. All of them are sleeping. But please listen to me. Please believe me, all the kids are fine. So your grand children also must be fine. Come, I will take you to the ward and you can see for yourself. But please, you need to control yourself a bit. The kids are scared as it is. They would feel better once they see some familiar faces." Hope gives a little light in the elderly couple's faces. They wipe their tears and control themselves with visible effort and follow Nidhi into the ward. As soon as the 2 kids see their grand parents, their faces light up and the couple rush forward to hug them. Nidhi sees the poignant scene before her and thinks, "these have just gone through a parents' worst nightmare but now will again pull themselves through for the sake of those 2 kids. Bajrangbaliji…please give them the strength." 

Ashu after a restless night in his bed, is up and ready by 7 the next day morning. Nidhi called during the early hrs to say that situation is being handled in the best possible way and that he can come in the morning but that she is going to stay on until all the kids get to meet their respective parents / relatives. Ashu is ready to leave and comes out of the room to ask Armaan to drop him at the hospital coz Nidhi took the car last night. BB has just got up and is chatting with DB. DB is surprised to see Ashu in a suit so early in the morning and asks, "Beta, why are you up and ready so early? And Nidhi is still sleeping?" 

Ashu – no DB..Nidhi left last night since there was an emergency at the hospital and she was needed. 

DB – but she is still recovering.. 

Ashu – I know DB but there was an accident on the highway and lots of people got injured. All the docs were required to be present. I would have gone too had Nidhi allowed me. 

BB – she did a good thing in not taking you along. You are a good doctor to everyone except yourself. My Guddi was also like that. Once she decides that she won't do it, no one could make her do it. 

And for a moment he seems lost in his memories. 

DB – so you will go now and send Nidhi home? 

Ashu – I don't know DB. There were kids involved too and you know NIdhi..now nothing and no one can move her from there until she is sure all of them are safe and in good hands. 

DB seems displeased by that - I was not for Nidhi becoming a doctor in the first place but Yog didn't listen to me. Now she is running and taking care of other children when she has to think of having her own kids. Ashutosh, I am telling you, enough now. Its time both of you gave me that good news. 

Ashu doesn't know where to look. Armaan comes in during the end of DB's speech and says – are waah! Whats going on Ashu? I am going to be a chacha now? Ashu glares at him and says – I don't have time to listen to your nonsense now. Hurry up and just drop me at the hospital. I am already late. Armaan says ok to that and gets his car keys and both leave after saying bye to BB and DB. Ashu tells DB not to wait for Nidhi or him for lunch that they would have something at the hospital canteen and that earns another look of disapproval from DB. By the time Ashu walks into the hospital things have settled down a bit and relatives of the families involved have started pouring in in large groups. And as if they are not enough to block the gates, the press was also there. As soon as Ashu gets out from the car, the reporters swarm him wanting to know the situation and the reason behind the death of 2 of the victims. He gives everyone his all famous Dr Stone Heart glare and a "no comment" and makes his way in. he makes his way straight to Dr Ranganath's cabin and barges in.

Ashu - Dr Ranganath! Whats the press doing here blocking the main gate? 

Ranga – sir, they came about an hour ago and since its such a major accident… 

Ashu – yes there are so many injured and serious people here and all they want is a story? And where is Rohan? Call him. He is the PR man now, right? Tell him to handle this immediately and I want those press vans out of the hospital in the next 30 mins. 

Ranga – But sir… 

Ashu – 30 minutes Dr Ranganath! 

And walks away. The resident neurologist meets Ashu in the corridor and tells about the 2 head injury cases that had come in last night. One child and one adult. Child had a haemorrhage and needed surgery and he isn't sure about the adult's line of treatment. Ashu looks at th reports and orders another MRI for the adult and asks the nurses and interns to get the child ready for the surgery. When the neurologist expresses his concern for Ashu's leg while doing the surgery, he is submitted to another Stone Heart glare. Ashu gets ready for the surgery and after donning the scrubs enters the OT. The patient a child of 12 yrs is already under anaesthesia and the nurses and assistant were ready for him to begin. He approaches the table and sees that the table had been lowered to a large extent and he was 6 ft tall. Ashu was about to blast the nurse for this when a stool is placed behind him and a pair of hands from behind pull him and make him sit. His face half covered with his mask, he turns his head to see another mask-clad face and a pair of smiling eyes looking back at him. Nidhi!! "the patient needs your help and expertise and I need your leg completely healed. This seemed the only solution." He smiles at her reply and asks if she was going to assist him. She nods her head and takes her position beside him. Once Ashu sits, he observes that the height adjustment had worked out perfectly. The surgery begins and both of them become just the senior and the intern..working seamlessly with perfect accord. It took them more than a couple of hours to complete but the surgery was a success and both were exhausted. Ashu leaves Nidhi to do the final suturing and goes out of the OT to look at the MRI reports of the other patient. Thankfully, it turns out that he doesn't require surgery. As Ashu makes his way to the main reception area to find out about the other patients, he sees Rohan talking to the press. Rohan was busy telling them how everyone was brought to KGH and how all the docs, even the ones on leave responded to the emergency and took care of the people involved. Ashu asks the receptionist to send Rohan into his cabin as soon as he is done with the press. Rohan enters the cabin after a few mins. 

Rohan – you wanted to see me Dr Ashutosh? 

Ashu – yes Rohan, please have a seat. Rohan sits. 

Ashu – why were you talking about the doctors of KGH? You were supposed to give the details of the accident to the press and reassure everyone that all patients are being treated with no problem. You were supposed to concentrate on the ones who were injured and not the doctors who treated them. 

Before Rohan could say anything, Nidhi enters the cabin. 

Nidhi – Hi Rohan! Rohan gives her a small smile. Nidhi looks questioningly at Ashu. – what happened? Everything ok? 

Ashu -  I was just telling Rohan that when he is talking to the press he should be telling them about the patients and not the doctors. 

Rohan – but sir, I didn't lie to them, right? All the doctors of KGH did respond to the call with all possible speed and I myself have seen how well everyone was being treated. 

Ashu - that's precisely my point Rohan. If a doctor is responding to a call or treating a patient with care, that's his duty. That's what he is SUPPOSED to do. Why should you even mention that, much less stress that point to the press? 

Rohan – but that's what I am supposed to do Dr Ashutosh. I take care of the PR of KGH. And this is one situation where I can promote it. 

Ashu – its NOT a "situation" it was an "accident". And KGH cannot use that for the purpose of promotion. 

Nidhi intervenes and says – Dr Ashutosh, why are you getting so angry? As far as I can say, Rohan has not done anything wrong. He is not giving any incorrect information. He is just stating facts and if the facts can help in promoting KGH whats wrong in that? 

Ashu – my point is, Nidhi, this is a sensitive issue. We need to think about the people involved in that accident and their relatives. NOT about KGH promotion campaign. 

Before Nidhi could intervene again, Rohan says – Dr Ashutosh I know about the sensitivity of the issue. I had already given them all the pertinent details and what you heard was me replying to one person who was repeating the question as to what went wrong that caused the death of two of the people who were brought in. and I said, it was already too late when they were brought in and there wasn't anything anyone could do. And I wanted to stress on the pt that the docs of the hospital were not in anyway responsible. 

Their conversation gets interrupted when someone from the canteen gets two cups of tea and tells Nidhi – Madam, aap ki adrak wali chai. That lightens the atmosphere and brings a smile to all the 3 people in the cabin. Ashu looks at Nidhi and waits for her to ask Rohan to join them. He is fighting with the green eyed jealous monster because Nidhi supported someone other than him just now and wants to see if she would include her friend in their tea time. But Nidhi just smiles at Rohan. Rohan excuses and moves to go but Ashu, once realizing that his jealousy and insecurity were needless, stops him and wants him to have tea along with AshNi. Rohan hesitates and declines the offer saying there were still some more people he needed to talk to and leaves. Nidhi stares after him with a contemplative look on her face. Then Ashu asks her about the child and she assures him he is fine and has been shifted to ICU. Since both of them had skipped bfast that morning, they have an early lunch at the canteen and Nidhi declares there that she is going to come full time to KGH from the next day. 

Ashu – you are sure? And what will you tell DB? She was already worried this morning that you came here last night. 

Nidhi – DB gets worried even if I get up early by 5 mins. Don't worry about her. Waise bhi, now that Rohan is staying with Baba, she will want to go back there. She doesn't like to leave CS in charge of feeding them. 

Both smile at that and Nidhi reminds him of the meeting of Ranga's parents that evening. They come home a bit early that evening, get ready and start off to Anji's house as that was where the meeting is going to take place. Ashu seems a bit distracted on the way and Nidhi asks him why. 

Ashu – I told Anji I would be there and we are going. But you think it's a good idea? I mean they are already not very favourable towards this match and what do I know about these things? What if I say the wrong thing? And what if they look at us and think as to why your Baba even agreed to our match? I mean, I AM 18 yrs older than you. it's a fact that neither of us can escape. But what if it just adds another problem to Anji? 

Nidhi – don't worry. Nothing of that sort will happen. And if anyone says anything about you, neither me nor Anji will keep quiet. I will kill anyone who says or does anything rude or bad to you or our relationship. 

Ashu – Nidhi…cool down. We are talking about Anji's would-be in-laws here and you are talking about killing!! Honestly, what do I do with you!? 

Nidhi – you don't know what to do with me? How come? You knew very well the past few nights what to do..you already forgot?? 

Ashu shakes his head ruefully. Why does he even bother to argue with her? His already grey hair will become fully grey by the time of their first yr wedding anniversary. Which reminds him of the surprise he planned for her and he quickly sends an sms to Armaan asking for an update. Armaan replies saying "don't worry. Things are progressing." Nidhi tries peeping into the phone while driving and Ashu scolds her to concentrate on taking them safely to Solanki uncle's house. He asks her if Rohan is going to join them and Nidhi pulls a face and says he is still dealing with the press and the relatives of the patients. 

Everyone were already there by the time they reached their destination. Anji rushes fwd to Nidhi and hugs her. She turns and greets Ashu saying "thanks for coming jeejaji." Ashu gives a hesitant smile and gives her a one armed hug. He was so used to seeing Anji in modern dresses that seeing her in the traditional salwar brought a smile to Ashu. She was wearing a pink salwar and Nidhi was in a dark blue sari with a dark green blouse. No one looking at them now could guess the mischief these 2 were capable of given the right provocation. All 3 of them go inside. A few minutes later Dr Ranganath and his parents come and Anji goes and takes their blessings. Solanki is reluctant and CV nudges him to go fwd and greet them. After a round of introductions and everyone is seated, Ranga's father starts on about their family and their way of life in their village and the things their bahu is supposed to do and the rules she needs to follow. Solanki is ready to burst a vein and shout at them to get out. He doesn't want his daughter to have anything to do with goo and stuff. Shyama and Ranganath's mom are trying to salvage the whole conversation but are not being heard amidst the commotion. Anji was almost in tears and Ranga was having a helpless look on his face. Ranga's father is about to leave in a fit of anger saying that he would never want someone from this house as a bahu to his house. Ashu gets up from his chair with the help of Nidhi and interrupts him. Ranganath is sweating by this time. Now all this tamasha needs is Dr Ashutosh getting angry with his parents. He had worked under Dr Ashutosh as an intern and later joined the same hospital as an administrator. And he would prefer NOT to be in the vicinity when Dr Ashutosh loses his temper. But Ashu's voice was calm. 

Ashu – sir, please wait. I know you don't know me well except for the fact that I am Dr Ranganath's senior. But if you don't mind I want to say something. My wife Nidhi and Anji are childhood friends and Anji calls me "jeejaji" and it is with that relationship that I want to talk to you. as Anji's jeeja. Sir, if anyone had asked me a month ago, what do you know about family, I would have said, I have no idea. And I really had no idea. I was an orphan until a kind hearted man took me in and made me what I am today. But after my marriage to Nidhi, I have come to realize that marriage is not just about getting the person you love. Its about getting her whole family and that whole family accepting you as one of them. i married Nidhi and got CV as a father, Anji as a sister, DB mothers me like her own son, and Solanki uncle and aunty treat me like their own son-in-law. And that's what Ranganath would be getting if he marries Anji. He would be a happy member of this loving family  because he loves Anji. You say you want a traditionally cultured girl. And Anji is that and more. she will treat you and love you like her own parents. She will make your family as her family. Isn't that what being cultured is all about? And most importantly, she is the one Ranganath wants to spend his life with. And Solankiji, are you all really willing to let your ego come between your daughter and her happiness? Is that really what you want, drag your daughter away from her love and make her bend to your will? Please both of you, think about it before you take any drastic decisions. 

There was pin drop silence after that. Finally, Ranga's father looks at Ranga and Anji and says "yes. ok. I am ok with this rishta. We will see a good muhurat and do the engagement." Everyone is jubilant over this and giving sweets to each other. Later, all 3 of them take leave and go. Ashu braces himself for another bhaashan from DB but to his astonishment she looks at him and gives a thumbs up sign. That was so unlike DB that he blinks to clear his vision. CV comes over and hugs him. Shyama looks at him with gratitude and Ashu becomes uncomfortable and diverts everyone by saying "aunty, can I have something cool to drink? After that speech my throat has gone dry." Everyone laughs at that and DB rushes fwd with onion pakodas and CS gets him some juice. Nidhi and Anji are busy hugging and chatting with each other. But one of Nidhi's hands is still holding Ashu and she squeezes his hand in silent love, support and appreciation.

The following 26 member(s) liked the above post:

AditiDKuhughosh1993Candy_jsamit1944dancydreamerDeepikikamandaljahanaaraanjaliniGoodOneBinatmyerassss97ssktlkZedZee92fanktlkSSA777jayasree.raokoyelbasuarunsunita_gmChitaRKMehek25LibraAazeen02niniborn2ruleparmarAmudraswathi

SSA777

Goldie

SSA777

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 5:47pm | IP Logged
Once again, a pleasure to read.  Thanks for lighting up the day!  ClapClapLooking forward to the next chapter, Libra.Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LibraSuvika.

Libra

IF-Rockerz

Libra

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 5:56pm | IP Logged
Sujatha, that was absolutely fantastic. The hospital parts were fabulous. And what a smooth and painless transition to being a full time doc,  for nidhi. .
Loved it.

Edited by Libra - 03 July 2012 at 6:41pm

SSA777Suvika.

Libra

IF-Rockerz

Libra

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SSA777

Once again, a pleasure to read.  Thanks for lighting up the day!  ClapClapLooking forward to the next chapter, Libra.Big smile
My chap will be posted on Friday night.  Because we all know that  it'll be a miserable weekend because of KP ji.Smile

Edited by Libra - 03 July 2012 at 6:43pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Suvika.

SSA777

Goldie

SSA777

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 6:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Libra

Originally posted by SSA777

My chap will be posted on Friday night.  For the weekend. I know it'll be a miserable one (the weekend) because of KP ji.Smile

Not true, it will be a million times better than KPji version.  Looking forward to Friday.Smile

ssss97Suvika.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top