Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Our KTLK-Version - 1 CH 35(pg 144)Ashu's Legacy (Page 63)

Post Reply New Post

Page 63 of 150

Suvika.

IF-Sizzlerz

Suvika.

Posted: 30 June 2012 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ssktlk

wow, good luck, My son is 7 too, so can totally understand your state, 25 is a lot, but they're so cute, enjoy.

Can we hope for an update tonight ?Sleepy

thanks alot...

Libra seems to be having a busy weekend...weekend after her wedding anniversary...samjha karo yaar...LOLWink

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shah1485ssktlkLibraniniborn2rule

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Our KTLK-Version - 1 CH 35(pg 144)Ashu's Legacy (Page 63)" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Suvika.

IF-Sizzlerz

Suvika.

Posted: 30 June 2012 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by niniborn2rule

An advanced happy birthday to ur kiddo turags...

thanks alot...so many new people to wish him this year...his mom has made friends real fast...Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

niniborn2ruleLibra

Suvika.

IF-Sizzlerz

Suvika.

Posted: 30 June 2012 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Libra

Hi everyone.  I know you guys are anxious so i just wanted to let everyone know, I'll be posting in an hour or two. Sorry weekends get busy.Smile

thats ok Libra...we totally understand about the weekends after wedding anniversaries...Party

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ssktlkLibra

Sujatha.rao

IF-Rockerz

Sujatha.rao

Posted: 30 June 2012 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
Hi Suja...a very happy b'day to your son!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

niniborn2ruleLibraSuvika.

Libra

IF-Rockerz

Libra

Posted: 01 July 2012 at 12:09am | IP Logged
                                        CHAPTER 23

Ashutosh woke up the next morning,  to a pair of beautiful lips, belonging, to the most incredible face, showering him with kisses. What a great way to wake up. Ashu, opened his eyes and sat up, Nidhi was sitting next to him.  He saw she was out of bed and dressed.A-"Nidhi, what are you doing out of bed so early? You are not well yet. You should be resting"!  N-"Chill please. I am fine. And, by the way, it's not early. It's almost lunch time."
Ashutosh was dumbstruck. Never before in his life had he even slept past 8:00am, now today, he had slept almost till noon. He had such a miserable expression on his face, that Nidhi starting laughing.  
A-"why are you laughing. I don't think there is anything to laugh about. I was supposed to be at work, in the morning. I told Rangnath that I would be there. What must everyone be thinking?" he was very annoyed. N-" Do you know how cute you look right now?"  A-"Nidhi, why didn't you wake me up?". N-"Sweetheart, I did! But you were sleeping very soundly. And then DB told me to let you sleep. She said that you were probably very tired, cause it has been a very stressful week and since you are also still in the recovery phase. I agreed with her, and I called Dr. Rangnath, and told him. He also agreed and said the same thing. He also told me to tell you not to worry about anything at the hospital, and that everything was under control. There was nothing that couldnt wait till tomorrow.?". A-" Tomorrow! Nidhi, I can't not go today. I am just getting up and then I'll ready and leave, at least I'll still have half the day?". N-" No you won't, Dr. Rangnath said that, you should stay home today, and relax, and we can both go in together tomorrow. He also said to let you know the the Guy from the marketing firm, got stuck at the last job, and won't be here till tomorrow anyway. So no emergency.  See everything's cool. So just chill and relax and we will both go to the hospital tomorrow, and besides look at the up side. I get to have my husband home to myself for another day. Heaven?"  When she smiled like that, he knew he was mush. He just could not resist that smile, and the imp knew that. But, still he couldn't resist teasing her,"By the way, what kind of  language is that, 'chill', 'cool'. Do you know how ridiculous you sound, putting words like that out of context." Just as he knew it would, she immediately got riled up, she pulled away from him and said,"well for someone belonging the Victorian era maybe. But this is the way we YOUNG people talk. Of course, someone of your advanced years wouldn't understand that. You're very uptight, you know."  Ashutosh leaned forward and pulled her into his arms,  she tried to squirm out of his hold, but he held on tightly, and with his one eyebrow raised and a naughty look on his face said," you are so cute when you are irritated you know."  Then he leaned closer and started kissing her. Nidhi, tried to not respond, but after a few seconds, found herself melting in his arms and kissing him back.  Darn the man, she thought, he knows exactly how to get to me. He knew he was her weakness, but she had a few tricks up her sleeve as well.  She  ran her hands down his back, and slipped underneath his tshirt , Ashu groaned when he felt her hands on his skin. Suddenly all the teasing vanished, Nidhi, too, forgot all about her tricks. Ashutosh pulled her onto the bed, and had just started to touch the buttons on the neck of her blouse, when there was a knock on the door, " Nidhi, Beta, is Ashu, awake?" it was DB. 

They both sprang apart like they had just received a shock.  N-"yes DB,  he's awake , I will be right out, and will help you get lunch." Ashu looked at her. A-"DB is here, when, I thought, she was sick. Nidhi, why did you let her come, she needs her rest also, she's not that young anymore."  Nidhi, looked at him tolerantly,"first of all you should know by now, no one LETS  DB do anything, she is law unto herself and also unto all of us. And she says that is was just a stress fever, which went away by night, and now she is perfectly fine. And a word of caution, Husband, if I were you I would not say the 'she is not that young anymore' statement in front of her. You just patched it up with her, you wouldn't want to ruin it would you?" Ashutosh, agreed, with the wisdom of that statement. He didn't want to anything that Would hurt or offend DB in any way. So he smiled wryly, and said," Yes patniji, aapka hukum sar aankhon pe.  Aur ab aage mere liye kya hukum hai?"
N-" Ab aap jaldi se ready hokar bahar aa jayiye , it's lunch time and everyones waiting." with that she gave him a quick peck on the cheek and a wink and left the room.  Ashutosh laughed and shook his head, life was certainly not going to be boring married to nidhi, he smiled to himself, and got up to obey his wife's orders.

When he he came out, he saw everyone sitting, at the dining table.  He saw that Anji had arrived also.  There seemed to be some lively discussion going on. Everyone was talking and laughing and Anji seemed to be the center of attention, she seemed to be wanting to say something,but every time she opened her mouth , someone interjected. He saw she was blushing .  He went to the table, "so what going on here, and why is everyone bothering my eklauti saali.". He sat down next to Anji, and put an arm around her shoulders, even though he had never had a family before,  he seemed to have inherited a big one, courtesy of his lovely wife, and he seemed be to be catching up fast with the dynamics of this crazy bunch , fast. A-" Dont worry, Anji, I am on your side. So what's the problem?"  he looked up at Nidhi, she was also looking at him, her eyes held, admiration, love, indulgence and above all peace, as she sat there looking at her family. His Nidhi was perfect, it took so little to make her happy, she did not require material things. The happiness of her family and his love was all it took to put this beautiful smile on her face. How he wish he could capture this moment of time, it was so perfect. And the smile on her face, was like looking at a living and breathing Mona Lisa .  Ashu looked over at Arman, and saw that Arman had taken out his pocket camera, and was taking Nidhi's picture. Ashu had always, chided Arman on having that camera with him at all times, and now he saw the advantage of that. Ashu smiled his thanks, and Arman, gave him a small salute. Message received and understood. It had always been like that with Arman, he knew Ashu better than Ashu knew himself. And, somehow, throughout all the difficult times of his life, Arman had always been at his side. He was very lucky to have a friend like that.

Ashu, was brought out of his thoughts, by Anji. She was telling him how Dr. Rangnath's parents, had been putting her through a series of tests to prove her worthiness.  And she was lamenting, about the next one. Apparently something, about waking up,the next morning at 4:00am and after bathing, she needed to put a saree and come to Rangnath's house and do pooja with his parents. They were asking her to read the Sunder Kand from the Ramayan to get blessings from Bajrangbali .  Before their betrothal was finalized.  Anji, was at a loss, she had  never gotten up that early before in her life, and didn't have the first clue as to how to read the ramayan. Everybody at the table was giving suggestions to how to proceed or what to do to get out of this situation.  Ashu, was angry, he felt very bad for Anji, in the short time since their marriage he had grown very fond of her, and felt very protective about her. He had told Rangnath yesterday, to stop this nonsense.  Apparently, he had not paid attention. Well Ashu would rectify that matter soon, but now, "Anji, you will not do any of the sort, you will do exactly what, I say.". Everyone stopped talking , and looked at him.  A-"this is ridiculous, I told Rangnath yesterday, that starting off a relationship with falsehoods is not the way to go. His parents nee to see the real you, and accept you as you are. I know you, you might dress like a young girl of today, but at heart you are an Indian girl with Indian values, just like Nidhi. They need to see and recognize that, even though you are not from a village, you can still uphold all their values and traditions, and give them all the respect due to them, because that's the way you were brought up. And those are the kind of values your parents have instilled in you. " Anji, looked up at him with tears in her eyes, and she hugged him.  A-" don't worry Anji, i am going to go with you and your parents, and meet Rangnath's parents. Tell Rangnath, we will be coming, and he has to be there. And you don't need to worry anymore, your marriage to Rangnath is my reponsibility , trust me everything will be fine."  Anji-" I don't know how to thank you, jeejaji. You're the greatest. I don't like all of this also. It's a big relief. I just hope that Rangnath's parents listen and understand. I am a little scared.". A-"You dont need to be scared Anji, we are all with you. All of us, your parents, DB, CV, and I will go and talk to them, now relax and let's have lunch, I am starving, it seems I over slept and missed my breakfast." everyone laughed.

After lunch, Ashu took Arman outside, he wanted to talk to Arman alone with out anyone overhearing what he had to say. Arman-"what is it Ashu, it has to be something important, for you to pull me away from everyone like this?". A-"Arman, I was thinking last night, that I have never given Nidhi anything, other than the heart necklace at valentines,  since we have gotten married. She has never even asked for anything. But now after everything, I really want to give her something, something really special.  I know material things don't really hold much value for her, for her it's the sentiments that count. I want to give her something that shows my love for her, and I have the perfect idea. But I will need you to get it done for me, I can't leave or Nidhi will get suspicious." Arman-"Wah yaar, seekh rahe ho, mere dost. Wonderful thought, ab mujhe batao, what's in your mind."Ashutosh told him exactly what he had in mind, and then handed a small box to him. Arman grinned," Thats perfect. I have to hand it to you Ashu,  I never thought that you could be so romantic. Ok, boss, I'll get right on it. Oh and by the way, it is for a special occasion, or just like that."  A-" Well last month nidhi had wanted to celebrate our first  month anniversary, and Mallika spoilt that, now tomorrow, it's our second month, anniversary. I want to make it up to her." Arman "wow, sensational idea, hats off to you yaar."

Later that evening after dinner,   DB had gone to the small prayer room in the house, to do her nightly prayers, and Arman, BB, and Ashu, we're having coffee, in the living room, and nidhi was just resting, with her feet up on the sofa and her head on Ashu's shoulder. Ashu was talking to Bb about, how hectic the next day at the hospital was going to be, and how he was looking forward to going back after so long.  Just then DB came back and sat down and said," Beta, don't you think Nidhi should stay at home and rest for a few more days, after all it's been barely a week, since she was in the hospital. She still looks weak, and a bit pale." Before Ashu could say anything, Nidhi, opened her eyes, and and said,"no DB please let me go. I was really looking forward to going back. It's been so long, I really want to get back to work, and be a doctor again." Ashu, looked at her with indulgence. She  looks so adorable, jab woh bachchon ki tarah zid karti  hai, he thought. DB-" meri bachchi, I am not saying that you can't go, I am just saying that u should wait  for a few days that's all. I just want to see color on your cheeks before you go back. You are still too pale. And besides, I don't think you will be able to handle the demands of being an intern at this point." Nidhi-"but DB..." 
Ashu interrupted, "DB I think that i have a solution that will make the both of you happy. Nidhi, you know I am part owner of the hospital as well as chief of staff, and as my wife, you can take over a few of my responsibilities. Well you know that yesterday, Rangnath had told us of the marketing firm hired by the board to market KGH , well why don't you take over that project. You can work from home and also be able to come to the hospital for a short time also. Plus you have your laptop, so you can communicate with the Rep, via emails if you have too. That way you can relax, take things easy and make DB happy, and at the same time come for a bit to the hospital for meetings, and that will take care of your boredom also. You can start your internship, after you get better, or even after this marketing strategy takes off. Of course, I would require that along with your internship, you keep on handling the on going marketing  for the hosp also, that is if you still want to be involved with that aspect of the hospital business along with being a doctor. So, what do you think?". Nidhi-"I think I have the most  brilliant husband in the world, also the most diplomatic. Killing two birds with one stone Dr. Ashutosh? How cool is that."  Ashu looked over at DB, she too was smiling her approval.  Well, he thought, that was easy. Whew. 

The next morning, In the car on the way to work, Nidhi was keeping up a non stop chatter. Ashu, wanted to say something to her, if you he could not get  the chance.  God knows he loved her a lot, but she could be the most exasperating person.  Finally, he said, "Nidhi, is it possible you to keep quiet for a minute. I want to say something to you and we're almost at the hospital, and once we get there, I will be so busy, I won't get a chance to see you let alone talk to you for the rest of the day." Nidhi-"You didn't have to yell you know, you just had to say you wanted to talk, and I would have kept quiet." She had that pout on her face that made him want to kiss her right then and there. She looked like a sulky child. A-"Nidhi, I just wanted to tell you that I want you to be home by lunch time. I promised DB that 
I would make sure that you do not overtax yourself, on your first day. And secondly you will not wait for me. The driver has instructions to take you home at lunchtime and come back for me. I'll be home before dinner.". Nidhi-" Yes Sir! I will obey all of his highness's orders. But you will be sitting in this first meeting with the marketing Rep, this morning aren't you? I think you should at least meet him, it's important that you get to know him also." A-"yes sweetheart, I'll be with you intially, but after the introductions, I'll have to leave, I have a lot to catch up with, and have several meetings scheduled throught the day, with various department heads and also the management. Oh, and I forgot to tell you, Rangnath had called this morning while you were getting ready, he said to tell you that the Rep would be there early, so we should just come straight to the conference hall. One thing strange, he sounded really funny, when I asked him the Rep's name, after all I can't just keep calling him the Rep.  Anyway, every time I brought up the subject, he changed the topic. Strange?"   Nidhi,-" Ji, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, Dr. Rangnath, probably has a lot that he needs to tell you in regards to hospital business that he needs to help you get caught up on. Besides, we're almost there and we will be meeting him in a few minutes anyway,  you'll find out his name then".   Ashu still had a confused look to his face. Then all of a sudden he turned into a small side road, and turned the car off. Nidhi looked At him with confusion,"why..." before she could get another word out he had crushed her to him and was kissing her hard, the kiss seemed to go on and on. When he finally let her go, both of them were out of breath.  N-"Wow, not that I am complaining, but Wow! And what was that for"?   A-"well too reasons first, because I am going to miss you all day, so this was to tide me over for the day. And next, I loved the way you called me "Ji" that was so cute, just like a typical Indian wife".   N-"well I am a typical wife".   A-" No, sweetheart. You are my wife, but you  definitely are not typical. You're extraordinary.  I love you  Nidhi".  No matter how many times he said that, she never got tired of it.  

When they got to the hospital, Dr. Rangnath , was there waiting for them, at the front  entrance. When they came in he shook Ashu's hand and said "welcome back Sir, we have all missed you".   THen he hugged  Nidhi and said"welcome back saali ji, it's nice to see you back here again".   Nidhi, looked at him with a mischievous smile and thought, about Anji, she was so happy about these two. And once the whole marriage issue got resolved, the four of them were going to have so much fun. Not to mentioned that the three of them were probably going to drive her husband bananas. She couldn't wait!  With a teasing smile she said,"abhi, itni jaldi saali mat boliye.  Abhi to kal him sab log Aapke ghar aa rahein hain, Aapke Ma papa, se baat karne. Kal  ke faisle ke baad dekhengein ki  main aapki saali banoongi, ke bhi nahin.  Aap ko yaad to hai na kal raat ke appointment ka"?  Rangnath had a comically painful look on his face at the mention of tomorrow nights gathering.  He looked at her with a wry smile, "yes much to my pain, I remember".  Nidhi laughed and hugged him once more, "don't worry, everything will be alright. We are all with you. And besides, no one can no to my husband."   Ashutosh smiled at their interaction, and then asked Rangnath  if the Rep had arrived. R-"yes sir, he got here early and has been looking over the hospital and its facilities reading the literature regarding some of our services and our specialities. Let's go Sir, he is in the conference room waiting for us."

Rangnath, opened the door, and waited for them to proceed, he could hardly contain his excitement. He had had the hardest time keeping the secret, Dr. Ashutosh had tried to ask him the Reps name, but somehow he had managed  to to divulge it. He couldn't wait to see Nidhis face when she saw, who was waiting for her in there. 

When they went in they went in the conference room they saw some of  the other board members, some management staff, and some HOD's already seated, talking amongst each other. When everyone saw the two of them, they got up, and went to welcome Ashu and Nidhi back to the hospital, some shook hands and some of them gave  nidhi a hug.   Ashu was surprised to see how many people Nidhi had managed to win over during her brief tenure at KGH , although why he was surprised he had no idea, Nidhi had that type of personality that attracted everyone to her like a magnet. Her warm and giving nature, managed to win everyone over to her side, well almost everyone, and then he remembered the exception.  Shaking himself out of the dismal thoughts he thanked everyone warmly and led nidhi over to a chair and sat down next to her, and motioned for Rangnath to begin. 

Rangnath started off by welcoming everyone and thanking them for attending the meeting. He gave a brief overview of the managements decision to hire a PR firm to market KGH in the public sector.  After that, Rangnath said,"ladies and gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to introduce the representative form Worldwide PR international  , Mr. Rohan     ".     Nidhi's head whipped up and her face lost all color, as she saw Rohan stand of from one of the chairs at the table. He  was looking at her too. He gave her a smile and winked at her. Nidhi could not take her eyes off of him.  He looked different.  He didn't look the the Rohan who had been at her wedding, that Rohan had had a smile plastered on his face which contradicted the with the immense sadness in his eyes. The Rohan who had been her best friend, in some ways even closer and dearer to her heart than even Anji.  The friend whose sadness was because of her, and who had left quietly without a word rather than say a word of complaint against the injustice that she and life had dealt him.  But, this Rohan was different, he looked like the old Rohan, who had joked with her, teased her,  taken care of her, supported her through one of the worst periods of her life. This Rohan looked like the carefree friend she had adored.  Nidhi, had no idea, what was being said around her, she was so engrossed In  the past memories, that she had lost tack of her surroundings,  all she knew was everyone was talking and agreeing to something.  Before she realized it, the meeting was over, and everyone stood up and came to her and was congratulating her.  After everyone left,  she looked up at Ashu , with a confused look to her face.  The only people in the room were her, Ashu, Rohan and Rangnath.  Ashu looked at her with amusement, "sweetheart, everyone was congratulating you because the whole board agreed with your being the hospital liaison for the hospital, and working with the new Marketing Rep regarding the promoting of the hospital".    With that he took her hand and walked up to Rohan ..

Rohan smiled at Ashutosh, and held out his hand and said,"Hello Sir".    Ashu, shook his hand and pulled him close for a brief hug.  "Rohan, it's so good to see you. You certainly gave us a surprise.  I am a bit angry with you though, you left without even saying goodbye.  I am so glad that you and Nidhi will be working together, now I won't have to worry about Nidhi. I know you will take care her".   Rohan smiled and hugged ashu back. " Thank you Sir. And I am sorry I left so abruptly. Actually, I had gotten a job offer that could not possibly turn it down, and I knew that Nidhi, would not let me leave,  and also I could not have said goodbye to her. But now I am here. Our firm has a base in lucknow. And yes I promise i will take good care of Nidhi".   Ashu smiled and said that he would leave both the friends alone to catch up, as he needed to catch up with his own work. He turned towards Nidhi and smiled and put an arm around her, kissed her forehead and said," take care of yourself, and remember you need to be home for lunch".  With a last squeeze and a smile he turned and left, leaving an slacked jawed Nidhi behind.  Well, that never happened before.  Her Ashutosh, and open displays of affection, this was like comparing apples oranges.   They, would certainly be talking about this tonight. 

Nidhi composed herself, and turned to face Rohan.    He was smiling at her, the impish smile, that she missed. He opened his arms and she ran into them and hugged him tightly.  R-"Hey, take it easy, you shouldn't be running that fast."  N-" You know"?   Just two words, and he understood,"Yes, Anji filled me in on everything. How are you"?   N-" Anji, told you. She knew you were coming, and she didn't tell me! Wait till I get my hands on her".    Rohan smiled,"I told her not to tell you I wanted it to be a surprise".   Then both of them were quiet. They didn't know what to say to each other.

Rohan , looked at Nidhi, his best friend and his love. He loved her so much, it was like a physical pain that he lived with each day.  He got up in the morning thinking about her and went to bed each night with her on his mind. When he had left, he has not known how he was going to live without her, the pain had been incapacitating. But little by little, he had learnt to get on with his life, and the realization that she was and would always be a part of his soul.  Even if he was lucky enough to find someone he could love it would not be the same. Nidhi was the other half of his soul.  He would always carry her wherever he went.  He had even hated her for a little while, for not returning his love.  But, in the end he acknowledged that she had never kept him in the dark. He had known from the beginning that Ashutosh was the love of her life and that she would always love him and only him.   Nidhi had always thought of  and loved him only as her friend. 
He had finally come to terms with that.   And if he was honest, he also admitted that he missed her. Missed her smile, her wit, their  midnight noodles, and conversations, and a thousand other things , big and small.  Basically he plainly missed  Nidhi.  And he wanted to be a part of her life again, he wanted to try and repair the crack in their relationship. He was also, realistic enough to know, that she would only ever except him as her friend. And he was prepared,  he knew the cost her friendship came with, and he was prepared for it.  

Ever since, Anji had called him almost a month ago, and told him about everything that has been happening in her life, he knew that no matter what he would never leave her alone again.  He had left her once before, and she had been alone, facing so much, and he had not been there for her. But never again. He had been her friend first, and that is what he would remain, her friend but he would always be there for her.  He did not even want to think about the fact that she could have died, he would probably have ended his life also. But now he was here and he was going to stay, and even though Dr Ashutosh was her love, he, Rohan, was going to be her friend, and she would never know, anything else beyond that.

Rohan spoke first,"Nidhi, I don't know what to say. All I can say is I am sorry, I wasn't here when you needed me.  But before we go on, I need to say something that would take a great weight off my chest".     Nidhi -" go ahead I am listening".   
R-" now I feel really self conscious.  Okay here goes...Nidhi, I want or appologize to you, for ruining our friendship, I was a fool.  I don't really know how to say this, but, I never really loved you at all, I just thought I did. I think it was a combination of a lot of things. Mostly I think it was the circumstances.  You were sad all the time, and were missing Dr. Ashutosh. And there didnt seem any way to get you two together again. You were crying and depressed and it seemed to me that you had given up on life, and I didnt know any way to help you. I was at a loss, I wanted my old friend back, the one that was full of life, and it seemed to me that I had lost her somewhere.  Well at time I thought, I thought that it would have. Even better if we had gotten married, at least you would not have  had to suffer like that.  I know you did not love me and I did not love you but a lot of good marriages are built on less than that. We were friends and I  knew that I could make you laugh, well any way, somehow I managed to convince myself that I was in love with you.  Even my heart said I didn't love you(sorry raj kapoorji, I didn't mean to call you a liar, Rohan thought to himself, and apologized to his poor heart), I just thought that I did. I misunderstood my feeling of helplessness and desperation and my desire to bring back your smile as love. I don't know what to say or what do that can ever make up for my stupidity.  I am sorry I hurt you so much. And I am sorry I ruined our friendship, but most of all I am sorry that I wasn't there for you when you needed your friend the most. You needed me and I abandoned you. When Anji called and told me everything, I had been trying to think of ways to come back and say sorry. This job gave me the perfect opportunity.  My biggest regret is that, I came to late. I could not be here for you . Is there any way you could forget and forgive my idiocy, and accept me back into your life and and accept my friendship once again"?  Nidhi, had sat quietly through our the whole speech, she was so relieved and happy, she had her friend back again,  a great weight had been lifted off of her heart, somewhere deep down she  had always felt guilty that she had been the reason for Rohan's heartache.  Now she  Felt on top of the world.  Her life was perfect. Her biggest headache was behind bars, he childhood friend was about to have her dreams come true and her best friend was back in her life, and he was happy and he was Rohan again.
           Nidhi,  caught both of Rohan's hand and started spinning around with him, "Rohan I am so happy, you have made me so happy today.  I have my friend back, I have my friend back,  Thankyou you have given back one of my life's greatest treasures your friendship".     She stopped spinning,  suddenly she felt light headed and would have fallen if Rohan hadn't caught her.  "Nidhi, you can't do that. Sit down, are you alright , should, I call Dr. Ashutosh"?   Nidhi looked  up at him and laughed, she had tears running down her cheeks,she looked happy. This was the way he always wanted to see her, happy, and he would do all he could, as her friend to ensure that. N-"Rohan I am fine, I just got a little dizzy that's all. Rohan, you have made my happiness complete today. I am so glad you are back. And theres nothing to forgive. I probably might have reacted the same given the same circumstances. Now we will not speak of this any more, promise me. Everything is in the past. All that matters is that  you're back.  And we are going to have a lot of fun together again, do you know about Anji and Dr. Rangnath"?   Rohan smiled, that was his Nidhi, she was back and so was he, and she would never find out.  Then they both started talking and catching up. Nidhi brought him up to date on the whole Mallika affair, about Anji Rangnath  and his parents.  They  were  both laughing and talking and kidding around just like old times. It felt like coming home again, and Rohan's heart was at peace. He knew he had done the right thing in coming back.

They were still there talking, smiling, and laughing, a few hours later, when Ashutosh, looking for Nidhi, came to the conference room.  He found them holding hands, Nidhi was trying to force Rohan to do something, and he was trying to back out. 'Poor Rohan, doesn't he know Nidhi by now', he thought, ,I should probably try to save him, before my wife manages to get him involved  in one of her crazy ideas".   A-"so you guys are still here, I knew you would be. I knew when I saw Rohan here this morning that nidhi would not be getting any work done today", ashu said in mock anger, then seeing the guilty looks on their faces, he could not controll himself and burst out laughing.  Nidhi, seeing him laugh, punched him on the arm," you are becoming really naughty, I think I've created a monster.  Just wait I'll get you back for that." Rohan was so happy to see nidhi love and be loved in return and know that she was happy.   For him her happiness was enough, he had no complaints from life.  Then he heard Nidhi ask him,"Rohan where are you staying"?  Rohan-"actually, I am staying with you father, when he heard I was coming he would not let me go any where else. And DB laid the whole guilt trip on me, about how they were so lonely without you, and that as a son I had a responsibility towards them also. So long story short, I am back".   Nidhi laughed in delight,"that's wonderful now I won't have to worry about DB and baba now that you are there  with them.  Rohan you needed to come to our house for dinner tonight, I will not take no for an answer.  We can have a late night, and watch movies and have noodles, just like old times. I've missed you so much.  It'll be good to stay up late and have fun. Dr. Ashutosh is very boring, he goes to sleep early,(she looked up at ashu with mischief in her eyes, and tongue in cheek, and said)he doesn't like to do anything at night, he just likes to sleep,  he doesn't watch movies, and above all he doesnt like noodles. Come on Rohan say you'll come"?  Ashu looked at his wife and thought, the little imp was trying to goad him, he'd show her tonight, just how boring he was, he would make her beg for mercy.  Let her have her fun right now.  She was so happy having Rohan back, he could forgive her anything to see that happiness on her face, well almost anything.   Rohan-"I am really sorry Nidhi, I promised your father that I would spend my first evening back with him. And then Solanki Uncle came and invited us to his house for dinner, so now we have this whole evening planned and  we also have a pool match planned after dinner, but I promise I'll come tomorrow, and we will do anything you want.". Nidhi pouted for a second and said,  " ok, but tomorrow we also have to go to Dr. Rangnath's house to talk with his parents about his and Anjis rishta, and you have to come with us for that also, it's  a family affair so you have to be there  and support Anji, with me. And after that we can all come to our house, and you me, Anji, and Dr. Rangnath, can celebrate, and of course(there was that Impish smile again)Dr. Ashutosh can also join us, that is if he is not to tired".  Ashu looked at her and his eyes promised retribution.  A-" ok so now that's settled,  Nidhi, you need to get back home and rest, DB has already called me twice to ask when you were leaving, that why I had to come find you".  Ashu looked and Rohan and smiled," Rohan I am sorry, I know you guys were having fun, but nidhi really needs to rest, can you do me a favor and take her to the car. I have left some work in the middle which I really need to get back to. Oh and after you drop nidhi, maybe you can come to my cabin, we can talk more about the project, and maybe, if you have time, we can have lunch together, and then we can catch up".  Rohan smiled and agreed and said that he would be right  back.    Rohan took  nidhi to the car and helped her gently into the car, and told the driver, to drive carefully and slowly. He also promised her that he would call later that evening.

When Nidhi got home, DB fussed over her and gave her lunch, which she insisted on feeding nidhi  herself.  And after that DB insisted Nidhi, needed to take a nap and tucked her into bed, just like she used to when she was a little girl.  Nidhi felt thoroughly loved and totally pampered, but one thing was bothering her, and she knew that she could not delay any longer. She needed to tell her husband the whole Rohan story, and show him the letter, she still did to know why she had hidden it in the first place. Well she kind of knew.  Ashutosh had come to have a of respect for Rohan and his friendship for Nidhi, and also for the way Rohan had taken care of her during their separation. Nidhi did to want to ruin Rohan's image in Ashu's eyes.  She loved her friend, and she knew what had happened had not been his fault, and that the reason Rohan had left was  for the sake of  Nidhi's happiness.  But now things were different, the old situation no longer applied, and Ashu deserved to know the truth. She felt better with that decision, and fell asleep.  

Later that night, after dinner, Nidhi was lying in the bed in her husbands arms, and decided that now was as good a time as any, so she gathered her courage, and Sat up,"Ji, I need to show you something after which I need to tell you something", saying that she got up and got the book in which she had placed the letter, and came back and sat on the bed. N-" please read this first and then I will answer all of your questions and explain everything, I just don't want you to misunderstand anything, and I promise I was not trying to hide anything, I had fully intended to tell you everything, it's just that with everything that happened after we came back from our honeymoon, I just never got the chance, I hope you won't be too angry at me ".    She opened the book and handed the letter to Ashu. To her surprise, Ashu looked at the letter and smiled, then he took the book from her and put the letter back inside.  Ashu-"Nidhi, my darling, don't you think I know youby now. I know that youwould not lie about anything and never to me, I know that. Also sweetheart, if you had really wanted to hide the letter, you would certainly  not have stuck it into the pages of a book, where if, anyone who chose to read the book would have found it.  If you remember a few weeks ago, I was reading this same book, and that too right in front of you, and you did not even pay attention. If you had been trying to hide it from me, you would have snatched the book out of my hands on some pretext, and tried to get rid of it in some way, but you did not even notice it.   Do you know, when I realized with certainty that Mallika was lying, it was the day, she came to me with the letter, you had gone to Anji's house for something, she came to me and tried to convince me how I'd made a mistake by marrying you, and that during our separation you had a fling with Rohan, and had betrayed and left him also, when Baba agreed to our marriage. How you were a liar and didn't really love me. It was then that I knew. I knew she was lying. I knew you could never have done that to me, you could never have betrayed our love that way. You see I had already read the letter and realized that Rohan had fallen in live with you, and how he left just so you could be happy.  Nidhi, I trust you, maybe even more than I trust myself. I could never doubt you. And when I saw Rohan at the hospital today, I knew that you were going to talk to me tonight. Sweetheart even if you had not said a word I would not have had a problem.  I know exactly why you didn't tell me, it was to protect Rohan, right? Nidhi, you didn't have to do that, I have a lot of respect for him , and that only increased when I read that letter. He truly is your friend and you are very lucky to have him in your life. That kind of friendship is very rare, where one willingly sacrifices his happiness for the sake of his friend. I love you, and nothing can ever change that, so don't worry, but I am glad you told me, I know I must have been weighing on your mind ever since, so I am happy that that burden is not on you anymore".  Nidhi was amazed at her husband, could any girl in this whole world be luckier than her. She didn't know what to say. SHe went to him and gently laid her head near his heart and told,him all about her conversation with Rohan that morning.   Ashu's  respect for Rohan grew even more, he knew that Rohan had lied to Nidhi. He had seen the love in his eyes for Nidhi, the whole time during the meeting this morning, he had tried to hide it, but Ashu saw.  And he was very great full to Rohan, he had taken away that last of nidhis worries. Ever since he had read the letter, he knew that Nidhi would always be sad and feel guilty  and blame herself for her friend's heartbreak. But Rohan had fixed that today, and Ashu, would be forever great full to him for that. Like he told Nidhi, Rohan was indeed her friend, in every truest sense of the word. 

But right now he had another more important matter to settle with his wife. Ashutosh-" Nidhi, I haven't forgotten that whole, my husband is boring, and all he does is sleep at night and nothing else, speech. Well wife you are going to pay for that and with interest,I am going to show you exactly how boring I am and just exactly how much I sleep at night".  Nidhi, giggled, "  with pleasure husband, why do you think I said that". ...     

Edited by Libra - 01 July 2012 at 1:05am

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

Kuhughosh1993AditiDCandy_jsamit1944dancydreamerjahanaaraoaz30GoodOneZedZeeshah1485Remya77Binatanjaliniaarchssss97SSA777jayasree.raoarunsunita_gmaru29Mehek25niniborn2ruleChitrathanSuvika.mudraswathi

shah1485

shah1485

Posted: 01 July 2012 at 12:44am | IP Logged

CHAPTER 23

Wow Libra wonderful super duper hits lol Wow cant imagine i think im the 1st one to read and clik the like button lol was w8ing for it and was checking evry now and then KP plz at least take some of the ideas from our real KTLK writers here
God Bless

Ashutosh woke up the next morning,  to a pair of beautiful lips, belonging, to the most incredible face, showering him with kisses. What a great way to wake up. Ashu, opened his eyes and sat up, Nidhi was sitting next to him.  He saw she was out of bed and dressed.A-"Nidhi, what are you doing out of bed so early? You are not well yet. You should be resting"!  N-"Chill please. I am fine. And, by the way, it's not early. It's almost lunch time."
Ashutosh was dumbstruck. Never before in his life had he even slept past 8:00am, now today, he had slept almost till noon. He had such a miserable expression on his face, that Nidhi starting laughing.  
A-"why are you laughing. I don't think there is anything to laugh about. I was supposed to be at work, in the morning. I told Rangnath that I would be there. What must everyone be thinking?" he was very annoyed. N-" Do you know how cute you look right now?"  A-"Nidhi, why didn't you wake me up?". N-"Sweetheart, I did! But you were sleeping very soundly. And then DB told me to let you sleep. She said that you were probably very tired, cause it has been a very stressful week and since you are also still in the recovery phase. I agreed with her, and I called Dr. Rangnath, and told him. He also agreed and said the same thing. He also told me to tell you not to worry about anything at the hospital, and that everything was under control. There is nothing that can't wait till tomorrow.?". A-" Tomorrow! Nidhi, I can't not go today. I am just getting up and then I'll ready and leave, at least I'll still have half the day?". N-" No you won't, Dr. Rangnath said that, you should stay home today, and relax, and we can both go in together tomorrow. He also said to let you know the the Guy from the marketing firm, got stuck at the last job, and won't be here till tomorrow anyway. So no emergency.  See everything's cool. So just chill and relax and we will bothe go to the hospital tomorrow, and besides look at the up side. I get to have my husband home to myself for another day. Heaven?"  When she smiled like that, he knew he was mush. He just could resist that smile, and the imp knew that. But he couldn't resist teasing her,"By the way, what kind to language is that, 'chill', 'cool'. Do you know how ridiculous you sound, putting words like that out of context." Just as he knew it would, she immediately got riled up, she pulled away from him and said,"well for someone belonging the Victorian era maybe. But this is the way we YOUNG people talk. Of course, someone of your advanced years wouldn't understand that. You're very uptight, you know."  Ashutosh leaned forward and pulled her into his arms,  she tried to squirm out of his hold, but he held on tightly, and with his one eyebrow raised and a naughty look on his face said," you are so cute when you are irritated you know."  Then he leaned closer and started kissing her. Nidhi, tried to not respond, but after a few seconds, found herself melting in his arms and kissing him back.  Darn the man, she thought, he knows exactly how to get to me. He knew he was her weakness, but she had a few tricks up her sleeve as well.  She  ran her hands down his back, and slipped underneath his tshirt , Ashu groaned when he felt her hands on his skin. Suddenly all the teasing vanished, Nidhi, too, forgot all about her tricks. Ashutosh pulled her onto the bed, and had just started to touch the buttons on the neck of her blouse, when there was a knock on the door, " Nidhi, Beta, is Ashu, awake?" it was DB. 

They both sprang apart like they had just received a shock.  N-"yes DB, is is awake , I will be right out, and will help you get the lunch." Ashu looked at her. A-"DB is here, when, I thought, she was sick. Nidhi, why did you let her come, she needs her rest also, she's not that young anymore."  Nidhi, looked at him tolerantly,"first of all you should know by now, no one LETS  DB do anything, she is law unto herself and also all of us. And she says that is was just a stress fever, which went away by night, and now she is perfectly fine. And a word of caution, Husband, if I were you I would not say the 'she is not that young anymore' statement in front of her. You just patched it up with her, you wouldn't want to ruin it would you?" Ashutosh, agreed, with the wisdom of that statement. He didn't want to anything that Would hurt or offend DB in any way. So he smiled wryly, and said," Yes patniji, aapka hukum sar aankhon pe.  Aur ab aage mere liye kya hukum hai?"
N-" Ab aap jaldi se ready joke baar aa jayiye , it's lunch time and everyones waiting." with that she gave him a quick peck on the cheek and a wink and left the room.  Ashutosh laughed and shook his head, life was certainly not going to be boring married to nidhi, he smiled to himself, and got up to obey his wife's orders.

When he he came out, he saw everyone sitting, at the dining table.  He saw that Anji had arrived also.  There seemed to be some lively discussion going on. Everyone was talking and laughing and Anji seemed to be the center of attention, she seemed to be wanting to say something,but every time she opened her mouth , someone interjectede. He saw she was blushing .  He went to the table, "so what going on here, and why is everyone bothering my eklauti saali.". He sat down next to Anji, and put an arm around her shoulders, even though he had never had a family before, but  he seemed to have inherited a big one, courtesy of his lovely wife, and he seemed be to be catching up fast with the dynamics of this crazy bunch , fast. A-" Dont worry, Anji, I am on your side. So what's the problem?"  he looked up at Nidhi, she was also looking at him, her eyes held, admiration, love, indulgence and above all peace, as she sat there looking at her family. His Nidhi was perfect, it took so little to make her happy, she did not require material things. The happiness of her family and his love was all it took to put this beautiful smile on her face. How he wish he could capture this moment of time, it was so perfect. And the smile on her face, was like looking at a living and breathing Mona Lisa .  Ashu looked over at Arman, and saw that Arman had taken out his pocket camera, and was taking Nidhi's picture. Ashu had always, chided Arman on having that camera with him at all times, and now he saw the advantage of that. Ashu smiled his thanks, and Arman, gave him a small salute. Message received and understood. It had always been like that with Arman, he knew Ashu better than Ashu knew himself. And, somehow, throughout all the difficult times of his life, Arman had always been at his side. He was very lucky to have a friend like that.

Ashu, was brought out of his thoughts, by Anji. She was telling him how Dr. Rangnath's parents, had been putting her through a series of tests to prove her worthiness.  And she was lamenting, about the next one. Apparently something, about waking up,the next morning at 4:00am and after bathing, she needed to put a saree and come to Rangnath's house and do pooja with his parents. They were asking her to read the Sunder Kand from the Ramayan to get blessings from Bajrangbali .  Before their betrothal was finalized.  Anji, was at a loss, she had  never gotten up that early before in her life, and didn't have the first clue as to how to read the ramayan. Everybody at the table was giving suggestions to how to proceed or what to do to get out of this situation.  Ashu, was angry, he felt very bad for Anji, in the short time since their marriage he had gotten very close to her, and felt very protective about her. He had told Rangnath yesterday, to stop this nonsense.  Apparently, he had not paid attention. Well Ashu would rectify that matter soon, but now, "Anji, you will not do any of the sort, you will do exactly what, I say.". Everyone stopped talking , and looked at him.  A-"this is ridiculous, I told Rangnath yesterday, that starting off a relationship with falsehood is. It the way to go. His parents need to see the real you, and accept you as you are. I know you, you might dress like a young girl of today, but at heart you are an Indian girl with Indian values, just like Nidhi. They need to see and recognize that, eleven though you are not from a village, you can still uphold all their values and traditions, and give them all the respect due to them, because that's the way you were brought up. And those are the kind of values your parents have instilled in you. " Anji, looked up at him with tears in her eyes, and she hugged him.  A-" don't worry Anji, i am going to go with you and your parents, today, and meet Rangnath's parents with you. Tell Rangnath, we will be coming, and he has to be there. And you don't need to worry anymore, your marriage to Rangnath is my reponsibility , trust me everything will be fine."  Anji-" I don't know how to thank you, jeejaji. You're the greatest. I don't like all of this also. It's a big relief. I just hope that Rangnath's parents listen and understand. I am a little scared.". A-"You need to be scared Anji, we are all with you. All of us, your parents, DB, CV, and I will go and talk to them, now relax and let's have lunch, I am starving, it seems I over slept and missed my breakfast." everyone laughed.

After lunch, Ashu took Arman outside, he wanted to talk to Arman alone with out anyone overhearing what he had to say. Arman-"what is it Ashu, it has to bee something important, for you to pull me away from everyone like this?". A-"Arman, I was thinking last night, that I have never given Nidhi anything, other than the heart necklace at valentines,  since we have gotten married. She has never even asked for anything. But now after everything, I really want to give her something, something really special.  I know material things don't really hold much value for her, for her it's the sentiments that count. I want to give her something that shows my love for her, and I have the perfect idea. But I will need you to get it done for me, I can't leave or Nidhi will get suspicious." Arman-"Wah yaar, seekh rahe ho, mere dost. Wonderful thought, ab mujhe batao, what's in your mind."Ashutosh told him exactly what he had in mind, and then handed a small box to him. Arman grinned," Thats perfect. I have to hand it to you Ashu,  I never you you could be so romantic. Ok, boss, I'll get right on it. Oh any by the way, it is for a special occasion, or just like that."  A-" Well last month nidhi had wanted to celebrate our first ,onto anniversary, and Mallika spoilt that, now tomorrow, it's our second month, anniversary. I want to make it up to her." Arman "wow, sensational idea, hats off to you yaar."

Later that evening,  DB had gone to the small prayer room in the house, to do her nightly prayers, and Arman, BB, and Ashu, we're having coffee, in the living room, and nidhi was just resting, with her feet up on the sofa and her head on Ashu's shoulder. Ashu was talking to Bb about, how hectic the next day to the hospital was going to be, and how he was looking forward to going back after so long.  Just then DB came back and sat down and said," Beta, don't you think Nidhi should stay at home and rest for a few more days, after all it's been barely more than a week, since she was in the hospital. She still looks week, and a bit pale." Before Ashu could say anything, Nidhi, opened her eyes, and and said,"no DB please let me go. I was really looking forward to going back. It's been so long, I really want to get back to work, and be a doctor again." Ashu, looked at her with indulgence. She  looks so adorable, jab woh bachchon ki tarah zid karti  hai, he thought. DB-" meri bachchi, I am not saying that you can't go, I am just saying that u should wait  for a few days that's all. I just want to see color on your cheeks before you go back. You are still too pale. And besides, I don't think you will be able to handle the demands of being an intern at this point." Nidhi-"but DB..." 
Ashu interrupted, "DB I think that i have a solution that will make the both of you happy. Nidhi, you know I am part owner of the hospital as well as chief of staff, and as my wife, you can take over a few of my responsibilities. Well you that yesterday, Rangnath had told us of the marketing firm , hired by the board to market KGH , well why don't you take over that project. You work from home and also be able to come to the hospital for a short time also. Plus you have your laptop, so you can communicate with the Rep, via emails if you have too. That way you can relax, take things easy and make DB happy, and at the same time come for a bit to the hospital for meetings, and that will take care of your boredom also. 
You can start your internship, after you get better, or even after this marketing strategy takes off. Of course, I would require that along with your internship, you keep on handling the on going marketing  for the hosp also, that is if you still want to be involved with that aspect of the hospital business along with being a doctor.
So, what do you think?". Nidhi-"I think I have the most  brilliant husband in the world, also the most diplomatic. Killing two birds with one stone Dr. Ashutosh? How cool is that."  Ashu looked over at DB to she that she too was smiling her approval.  Well, he thought, that was easy. Whew. 

The next morning, In the car on the way to work, Nidhi was keeping up a non stop chatter. Ashu, wanted to say something to her, if you he ghouls gat the chance.  God knows he loved her a lot, but she could be the most exasperating person.  Finally, he said, "Nidhi, is it possible you to keep quiet for a minute. I want to say something to you and we're almost at the hospital, and once we get there, I will be so busy, I won't get a chance to see you let alone talk to you for the rest of the day." Nidhi-"You didn't have to yell you know, you just had to say you wanted to talk, and I would have kept quiet." She had that pout on her face that made him want to kiss her right then and there. She looked like a sulky child. A-"Nidhi, I just wanted to tell you that I want you to be home by lunch time. I promised DB that 
I would make sure that you not overtax yourself, on your first day. And secondly you will not wait for me. The driver has instructions to take you home at lunchtime and come back for me. I'll be home before dinner.". Nidhi-" Yes Sir! I will obey all of his highness's orders. But you will be sitting in this first meeting with the marketing Rep, this morning aren't you? I think you should at least meet him, it's important that you get to know him also." A-"yes sweetheart, I'll be with you intially, but after the introductions, I'll have to leave, I have a lot to catch up with, and have several meetings scheduled throught the day, with various department heads and also the management. Oh, and I forgot to tell you, Rangnath had called this morning while you were getting ready, he said to tell you that the Rep would be there early, so we should just come straight to the conference hall. One thing strange, he sounded really funny, when I asked him the Rep's name, after all I can't just keep calling him the Rep.  Anyway, every time I brought up the subject, he changed the topic. Strange?"   Nidhi,-" Ji, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, Dr. Rangnath, probably has a lot that he needs to tell you in regards to hospital business that he needs to help you get caught up on. Besides, we're almost there and we will be meeting him in a few minutes anyway,  you'll find out his name then".   Ashu still had a confused look to his face. Then all of a sudden he turned into a small side road, and turned the car off. Nidhi looked T him with confusion,"why..." before she could get another word out he had crushed her to him and kissed her hard, the kiss seemed to go on and on. When he finally let her go, both of them were out of breath.  N-"Wow, not that I am complaining, but Wow!
And what was that for"?   A-"well too reasons first, because I am going to miss you all day, so this was to tide me over for the day. And next, I loved the way you called me "Ji" that was so cute, just like a typical Indian wife".   N-"well I am a typical wife".   A-" No, sweetheart. You are my wife, but you  definitely are not typical. You're extraordinary.  I love you  Nidhi".  No matter how many times he said that, she never got tired of it.  

When they got to the hospital, Dr. Rangnath , was there waiting for them, at the font entrance. When they came in he shook Ashu's hand and said "welcome back Sir, we have all missed you".   THen he hugged  Nidhi and said"welcome back saali ji, it's nice to see you back here again".   Nidhi, looked at him with a mischievous smile and thought, about Anji, she was so happy about these two. And once the whole marriage issue got resolved, the four of them were going to have so much fun. Not to mentioned that the three of them were probably going to drive her husband bananas. She couldn't wait!  With a teasing smile she said,"abhi, itni jaldi saali mat boliye.  Abhi to kal him sab log Aapke ghar aa rahein hain, Aapke Ma papa, se baat karne. Kal  ke faisle ke baad dekhengein ki  main aapki saali banoongi, ke bhi nahin.  Aap ko yaad to bai naa kal raat ke appointment ka"?  Rangnath had a comically painful look on his face at the mention of tomorrow nights gathering.  He look at her with a wry smile, "yes much to my pain, I remember".  Nidhi laughed and hugged him once more, "don't worry, everything will be alright. We are all with you. And besides, no one can no to my husband."   Ashutosh smiled at their interaction, and then asked Rangnath  if the Rep had arrived. R-"yes sir, he got here early and has been looking over the hospital and its facilities reading the literature regarding some of our services and our specialities. Let's go Sir, he is in the conference room waiting for us."

Rangnath, opened the door, and waited for them to proceed, he could hardly contain his excitement. He had had the hardest time keeping the secret, Dr. Ashutosh had tried to ask him the Reps name, but somehow he had managed  to to divulge it. He couldn't wait to see Nidhis face when she saw, who was waiting for her in there. 

When they went in they went in the conference room they saw some tof the other board members, some management staff, and some HOD's already seated, talking amongst each other. When everyone saw the two of them, they got up, and went to welcome Ashu and Nidhi back to the hospital, some shook hands and some of them gave  nidhi a hug.   Ashu was surprised to see how many people Nidhi had managed to win over during her brief tenure at KGH , although why he was surprised he had no idea, Nidhi had that type of personality that attracted everyone to her like a magnet. Her warm and giving nature, managed to win everyone over to her side, well almost everyone, and then he remembered the exception.  Shaking of the dismal thoughts he thanked everyone warmly and led nidhi over to a chair and sat down next to her, and motioned for Rangnath to begin. 

Rangnath started off by welcoming everyone and thanking them for attending the meeting. He gave a brief overview of the managements decision to hire a PR firm to market KGH in the public sector.  After that, Rangnath said,"ladies and gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to introduce the representative form Worldwide PR international  , Mr. Rohan     ".     Nidhi's head whipped up and her face lost all color, as she saw Rohan stand of from one of the chairs at the table. He  was looking at her too. He gave her a smile and winked at her. Nidhi could not take her eyes off of him.  He looked different.  He didn't look the the Rohan who had been at her wedding, that Rohan had had a smile plastered on his face which contradicted the with the immense sadness in his eyes. The Rohan who had been her beat friend, in some ways even closer and dearer to her heart than even Anji.  The friend whose sadness was because of her, and who had left quietly without a word rather than say a word of complaint against the injustice that she and life had dealt him.  But, this Rohan was different, he looked like the old Rohan, who had joked with her, teased her,  taken care of her, supported her through one of the worst periods of her life. This Rohan looked like the carefree friend she had adored.  Nidhi, had no idea, what was being said around her, she was so engrossed Niall the past memories, that she had lost tack of her surroundings,  all she knew was everyone was talking and agreeing to something.  Before she realized it, the meeting was over, and everyone stood up and came to her and was congratulating her.  After everyone left,  she looked up at Ashu , with a confused look to her face.  The only people in the room were her, Ashu, Rohan and Rangnath.  Ashu looked at her with amusement, "sweetheart, everyone was congratulating you because the whole board agreed with you being the hospital liaison for the hospital, and working with the new Marketing Rep regarding the promoting of the hospital".    With that he took her hand and walked up to Rohan ..

Rohan smiled at Ashutosh, and held out his hand and said,"Hello Sir".    Ashu, shook his hand and pulled him close for a brief hug.  "Rohan, it's so good to see you. You certainly gave us a surprise.  I am a bit angry with you though, you left without even saying goodbye.  I am so glad that you and Nidhi will be working together, now I won't have to worry about Nidhi. I know you will take care her".   Rohan smiled and hugged ashu back. " Thank you Sir. And I am sorry I left so abruptly. Actually, I had gotten a job offer that could not possibly turn it down, and I knew that Nidhi, would not let me leave,  and also I could not have said goodbye to her. But now I am here. Our firm has a base in lucknow. And yes I promise i will take good care of Nidhi".   Ashu smiled and said that he would leave both the friends alone to catch up, as he needed to catch up with his own work. He turned towards Nidhi and smiled and put an arm around her, kissed her forehead and said," take care of yourself, and remember you need to be home for lunch".  With a last squeeze and a smile he turned and left, leaving an slacked jawed Nidhi behind.  Well, that never happened before.  Her Ashutosh, and open displays of affection, this was like comparing apples oranges.   They, would certainly be talking about this tonight. 

Nidhi composed herself, and turned to face Rohan.    He was smiling at her, the impish smile, that she missed. He opened his arms and she ran into them and hugged him tightly.  R-"Hey, take it easy, you shouldn't be running that fast."  N-" You know"?   Just two words, and he understood,"Yes, Anji filled me in on everything. How are you"?   N-" Anji, told you. She knew you were coming, and she didn't tell me! Wait till I get my hands on her".    Rohan smiled,"I told her not to tell you I wanted it to be a surprise".   Then both of them were quiet. They didn't know what to say to each other.

Rohan , looked at Nidhi, his best friend and his love. He loved her so much, it was like a physical pain that he lived with each day.  He got up in the morning thinking about her and went to bed each night with her on his mind. When he had left, he has not known how he was going to live without her, the pain had been incapacitating. But little by little, he had learnt to get on with his life, and the realization that she was and would always be a part of his soul.  Even if he was lucky enough to find someone he could love it would not be the same. Nidhi was the other half of his soul.  He would always carry her wherever he went.  He had even hated her for a little while, for not returning his love.  But, in the end he acknowledged that she had never kept him in the dark. He had known from the beginning that Ashutosh was the love of her life and that she would always love him and only him.   Nidhi had always thought of  and loved him only as her friend. 
He had finally come to terms with that.   And if he was honest, he also admitted that he missed her. Missed her smile, her wit, their  midnight noodles, and conversations, and a thousand other things , big and small.  Basically he plainly missed  Nidhi.  And he wanted to be a part of her life again, he wanted to try and repair the crack in their relationship. He was also, realistic enough to know, that she would only ever except him as her friend. And he was prepared,  he knew the cost her friendship came with, and he was prepared for it.  

Ever since, Anji had called him almost a month ago, and told him about everything that has been happening in her life, he knew that no matter what he would never leave her alone again.  He had left her once before, and she had been alone, facing so much, and he had not been there for her. But never again. He had been her friend first, and that is what he would remain, her friend but he would always be there for her.  He did not even want to think about the fact that she could have died, he would probably have ended his life also. But now he was here and he was going to stay, and even though Dr Ashutosh was her love, he, Rohan, was going to be her friend, and she would never know, anything else beyond that.

Rohan spoke first,"Nidhi, I don't k ow what to say. All I can say is I am sorry, I wasn't here when you needed me.  But before we go on, I need to say something that would take a great weight off my chest".     Nidhi -" go ahead I am listening".   
R-" now I feel really self conscious.  Okay here goes...Nidhi, I want or appologize to you, for ruining our friendship, I was a fool.  I don't really know how to say this, but, I never really loved you at all, I just thought I did. I think it was a combination of a lot of things. Mostly I think it was the circumstances.  You were sad all the time, and were missing Dr. Ashutosh. And there didnt seem any way to get you two together again. You were crying and depressed and it seemed to me that you had given up on life, and I didnt know any way to help you. I was at a loss, I wanted my old friend back, the one that was full of life, and it seemed to me that I had lost her somewhere.  Well at time I thought, I thought that it would have. Even better if we had gotten married, at least you would not have  had to suffer like that.  I know you did not love me and I did not love you but a lot of good marriages are built on less than that. We were friends and I  knew that I could make you laugh, well any way, somehow I managed to convince myself that I was in love with you.  Even my heart said I didn't love you(sorry raj kapoorji, I didn't mean to call you a liar, Rohan thought to himself, and apologized to his poor heart), I just thought that I did. I misunderstood my feeling of helplessness and desperation and my desire to bring back your smile as love. I don't know what to say or what do that can ever make up for my stupidity.  I am sorry I hurt you so much. And I am sorry I ruined our friendship, but most of all I am sorry that I wasn't there for you when you needed your friend the most. You needed me and I abandoned you. When Anji called and told me everything, I had been trying to think of ways to come back and say sorry. This job gave me the perfect opportunity.  My biggest regret is that, I came to late. I could not be here for you . Is there any way you could forget and forgive my idiocy, and accept me back into your life and and accept my friendship once again"?  Nidhi, had sat quietly through our the whole speech, she was so relieved and happy, she had her friend back again,  a great weight had been lifted off of her heart, somewhere deep down she  had always felt guilty that she had been the reason for Rohan's heartache.  Now she  Felt on top of the world.  Her life was perfect. Her biggest headache was behind bars, he childhood friend was about to have her dreams come true and her beat friend was back in her life, and he was happy and he was Rohan again.
           Nidhi,  caught both of Rohan's hand and started spinning around with him, "Rohan I am so happy, you have made me so happy today.  I have my friend back, I have my friend back,  Thankyou you have given back one of my life's greatest treasures your friendship".     She stopped spinning,  suddenly she felt light headed and would have fallen if Rohan hadn't caught her.  "Nidhi, you can't do that. Sit down, are oh alright , should, I call Dr. Ashutosh"?   Nidhi looked  up at him and laughed, she had tears running down her cheeks,she looked happy. This was the way he always wanted to see her, happy, and he would do all he could, as her friend to ensure that. N-"Rohan I am fine, I just got a little dizzy that's all. Rohan, you have made my happiness complete today. I am so glad you are back. And theres nothing to forgive. I probably might have reacted the same given the same circumstances. Now we will not speak of this any more, promise me. Everything is in the past. All that matters is that  you're back.  And we are going to have a lot of fun together again, do you know about Anji and Dr. Rangnath"?   Rohan smiled, that was his Nidhi, she was back and so was he, and she would never find out.  Then they both started talking and catching up. Nidhi brought him up to date on the whole Mallika affair, about Anji Rangnath  and his parents.  They  were  both laughing and talking and kidding around just like old times. It felt like coming home again, and Rohan's heart was at peace. He knew he had done the right thing in coming back.

They were still there talking, smiling, and laughing, a few hours later, when Ashutosh, looking for Nidhi, came to the conference room.  He found them holding hands, Nidhi was trying to force Rohan to do something, and he was trying to back out. 'Poor Rohan, doesn't he know Nidhi by now', he thought, ,I should probably try to save him, before my wife manages to get him involved  in one of her crazy ideas".   A-"so you guys are still here, I knew you would be. I knew when I saw Rohan here this morning that nidhi would. It be getting any work done today", ashu said in mock anger, then seeing the guilty looks on their faces, he could not controll himself and burst out laughing.  Nidhi, seeing him laugh, punched him on the arm," you are becoming really naughty, I think I've created a monster.  Just wait I'll get you back for that." Rohan was so happy to see nidhi love and be loved in return and know that she was happy.   For him her happiness was enough, he had no comp,aunts from life.  Then he heard Nidhi ask him,"Rohan where are you staying"?  Rohan-"actually, I am staying with you father, when he heard I was coming he would not let me go any where else. And DB laid the whole guilt trip on me, about how they were so lonely without you, and that as a son I had a responsibility towards them also. So long story short, I am back".   Nidhi laughed in delight,"that's wonderful now I won't have to worry about DB and baba now that you are there  with them.  Rohan you needed to come to our house for dinner tonight, I will not take no for an answer.  We can have a late night, and watch movies and have noodles, just like old times. I've missed you so much.  It'll be good to stay up late and have fun. Dr. Ashutosh is very boring, he goes to sleep early,(she looked up at ashu with mischief in her eyes, and tongue in cheek, and said)he doesn't like to to anything at night, he just likes to sleep,  he doesn't watch movies, and above all he doesnt like noodles. Come Rohan say you'll come"?  Ashu looked at his wife and thought, the little imp was trying to goad him, he'd show her tonight, just how boring he was, he would make her beg for mercy.  Let her have her fun right now.  She was so happy having Rohan back, he could forgive her anything to see that happiness on her face, well almost anything.   Rohan-"I am really sorry Nidhi, I promised your father that I would spend my first evening back with him. And then Solanki Uncle came and invited us to his house for dinner, so. Ow we have this thing planned and  we also have a pool match planned after dinner, but I promise I'll come tomorrow, and we will do anything you want.". Nidhi pouted for a second and said,  " ok, but tomorrow we also have to go to Dr. Rangnath's house to talk with his parents about his and Anjis rishta, and you have to come with us for that alsohow a family affair so you have to be ther and support Anji, with me. And after that we can all come to our house, and you me, Anji, and Dr. Rangnath, can celebrate, and of course(ther was that Impish smile again)Dr. Ashutosh can also join us, that is if he is not to tired".  Ashu looked at her and his eyes promised retribution.  A-" ok so now that's settled,  Nidhi, you need to get back home and rest, DB has already called me twice to ask when you were leaving, that why I had to come find you".  Ashu looked and Rohan and smiled," Rohan I am sorry, I know you guys were having fun, but nidhi really needs to rest, can you do me a favor and take her to the car. I have left some work in the middle which I really need to get back to. Oh and after you drop nidhi, maybe you can come to my cabin, we can talk more about the project, and maybe, if you have time, we can have lunch together, and then we can catch up".  Rohan smiled and agreed and said that he would be right  back.    Rohan said. He to nidhi  and helped her gently into the car, and told the driver, to drive carefully and slowly. He also promise her that he would call later that evening.

When Nidhi got home, DB fussed over her and gave her lunch, which she insisted on feeding nidhi  herself.  And after DB insisted Nidhi, neede to take a nap and tucked her into bed, just like she used to when she was a little girl.  Nidhi felt thoroughly loved and totally pampered, but one thing was bothering her, and she knew that she could not delay any longer. She needed to tell her husband the whole Rohan story, and show him the letter, she still did to know why she had hidden it in the first place. Well she kind of knew.  Ashutosh had a lot of respect for Rohan and his friendship for Nidhi, and also for the way Rohan had takn care of her during their separation. Nidhi did to want to ruin Rohan's image in Ashu's eyes.  She love her friend, and she knew what had happens had not been his fault, and that the reason Rohan had left was  for the sake of  Nidhi's happiness.  But now things were different, the old situation no longer applied, and Ashu deserved to know the truth. She felt better with that decision, and fell asleep.  

Later that night, after dinner, Nidhi was lying in the bed in her husbands arms, and decided that now was as good a time as any, so she gathered her courage, and Sat up,"Ji, I need to show you something after which I need to tell you something", saying that she got up and got the book in which she had placed the letter, and cme back and sat on the bed. N-" please read this first and then I will answer all of your questions and explain everything, I just don't want you to misunderstand anything, and I promise I was not trying to hide anything, I had fully intended to tell you everything, it's just that with everything that happened after we came back from our honeymoon, I just never got the chance, I hope you won't be too angry at me ".    She opened the book and handed the letter to Ashu. To her surprise, Ashu looked at the letter and smiled, then he took the book from her and put the letter back inside.  Ashu-"Nidhi, my darling, don't you think I know youby now. I know that you to lie about anything and never to me, I know that. Also sweetheart, if you had really wanted to hide the letter, you would certainly  not have stuck it into the pages of a book, where if, anyone who chose to read the book would have found it.  If you remember a few weeks ago, I was reading this same book, and that too right in front of you, and you did not even pay attention. If you had been trying to hide it from me, you would have snatched the book out of my hands on some pretext, and tried to get rid of it in some way, but you did not even notice it.   Do you know, when I realized with certainty that Mallika was lying, it was the day, she came to me with the letter, you had gone to Anji's house for something, she came to me and tried to convince me how I'd made a mistake by marrying you, and that during our separation you had a fling with Rohan, and had betrayed and left him also, when Baba agreed to our marriage. How you were a liar and didn't really love me. It was then that I knew. I knew she was lying. I knew you could never have done that to me, you could never have betrayed our love that way. You see I had already read the letter and realized that Rohan had fallen in live with you, and how he left just so you could be happy.  Nidhi, I trust you, maybe even more than I trust myself. I could never doubt you. And when I saw Rohan at the hospital today, I knew that you were going to talk to me tonight. Sweetheart even if you had not said a word I would not have had a problem.  I know exactly why you didn't tell me, it was to protect Rohan, right? Nidhi, you didn't have to do that, I have a lot of respect for him , and that only increased when I read that letter. He truly is your friend and you are very lucky to have him in your life. That kind of friendship is very rare, where one willingly sacrifices his happiness for the sake of his friend. I love you, and nothing can ever change that, so don't worry, but I am glad you told me, I know I must have been weighing on your mind ever since, so I am happy that that burden is not on you anymore".  Nidhi was amazed at her husband, could any girl in this whole world be luckier than her. She didn't know what to say. SHe went to him and gently laid her head near his heart and told,him all about her conversation with Rohan that morning.   Ashu's  respect for Rohan grew even more, he knew that Rohan had lied to Nidhi. He had seen the love in his eyes for Nidhi, the whole time during the meeting this morning, he had tried to hide it, but Ashu saw.  And he was very great full to Rohan, he had taken away that last of nidhis worries. Ever since he had read the letter, he knew that Nidhi would always be sad and feel guilty  and blame herself for her friend's heartbreak. But Rohan had fixed that today, and Ashu, would be forever great full to him for that. Like he told Nidhi, Rohan was indeed her friend, in every truest sense of the word. 

But right now he had another more important matter to settle with his wife. Ashutosh-" Nidhi, I haven't forgotten that whole, my husband is boring, and all he does is sleep at night and nothing else, speech. Well wife you are going to pay for that and with interest,I'll show you exactly how boring I am and just exactly how much I sleep at night".  Nidhi, giggled, "  with pleasure husband, why do you think I said that". ...     

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Suvika.

shah1485

shah1485

Posted: 01 July 2012 at 12:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shah1485

CHAPTER 23

Wow Libra wonderful super duper hits lol Wow cant imagine i think im the 1st one to read and clik the like button lol was w8ing for it and was checking evry now and then KP plz at least take some of the ideas from our real KTLK writers here
God Bless
Just forget I was right then its Rohan i win 2wice then lol

A-"why are you laughing. I don't think there is anything to laugh about. I was supposed to be at work, in the morning. I told Rangnath that I would be there. What must everyone be thinking?" he was very annoyed. N-" Do you know how cute you look right now?"  A-"Nidhi, why didn't you wake me up?". N-"Sweetheart, I did! But you were sleeping very soundly. And then DB told me to let you sleep. She said that you were probably very tired, cause it has been a very stressful week and since you are also still in the recovery phase. I agreed with her, and I called Dr. Rangnath, and told him. He also agreed and said the same thing. He also told me to tell you not to worry about anything at the hospital, and that everything was under control. There is nothing that can't wait till tomorrow.?". A-" Tomorrow! Nidhi, I can't not go today. I am just getting up and then I'll ready and leave, at least I'll still have half the day?". N-" No you won't, Dr. Rangnath said that, you should stay home today, and relax, and we can both go in together tomorrow. He also said to let you know the the Guy from the marketing firm, got stuck at the last job, and won't be here till tomorrow anyway. So no emergency.  See everything's cool. So just chill and relax and we will bothe go to the hospital tomorrow, and besides look at the up side. I get to have my husband home to myself for another day. Heaven?"  When she smiled like that, he knew he was mush. He just could resist that smile, and the imp knew that. But he couldn't resist teasing her,"By the way, what kind to language is that, 'chill', 'cool'. Do you know how ridiculous you sound, putting words like that out of context." Just as he knew it would, she immediately got riled up, she pulled away from him and said,"well for someone belonging the Victorian era maybe. But this is the way we YOUNG people talk. Of course, someone of your advanced years wouldn't understand that. You're very uptight, you know."  Ashutosh leaned forward and pulled her into his arms,  she tried to squirm out of his hold, but he held on tightly, and with his one eyebrow raised and a naughty look on his face said," you are so cute when you are irritated you know."  Then he leaned closer and started kissing her. Nidhi, tried to not respond, but after a few seconds, found herself melting in his arms and kissing him back.  Darn the man, she thought, he knows exactly how to get to me. He knew he was her weakness, but she had a few tricks up her sleeve as well.  She  ran her hands down his back, and slipped underneath his tshirt , Ashu groaned when he felt her hands on his skin. Suddenly all the teasing vanished, Nidhi, too, forgot all about her tricks. Ashutosh pulled her onto the bed, and had just started to touch the buttons on the neck of her blouse, when there was a knock on the door, " Nidhi, Beta, is Ashu, awake?" it was DB. 

They both sprang apart like they had just received a shock.  N-"yes DB, is is awake , I will be right out, and will help you get the lunch." Ashu looked at her. A-"DB is here, when, I thought, she was sick. Nidhi, why did you let her come, she needs her rest also, she's not that young anymore."  Nidhi, looked at him tolerantly,"first of all you should know by now, no one LETS  DB do anything, she is law unto herself and also all of us. And she says that is was just a stress fever, which went away by night, and now she is perfectly fine. And a word of caution, Husband, if I were you I would not say the 'she is not that young anymore' statement in front of her. You just patched it up with her, you wouldn't want to ruin it would you?" Ashutosh, agreed, with the wisdom of that statement. He didn't want to anything that Would hurt or offend DB in any way. So he smiled wryly, and said," Yes patniji, aapka hukum sar aankhon pe.  Aur ab aage mere liye kya hukum hai?"
N-" Ab aap jaldi se ready joke baar aa jayiye , it's lunch time and everyones waiting." with that she gave him a quick peck on the cheek and a wink and left the room.  Ashutosh laughed and shook his head, life was certainly not going to be boring married to nidhi, he smiled to himself, and got up to obey his wife's orders.

When he he came out, he saw everyone sitting, at the dining table.  He saw that Anji had arrived also.  There seemed to be some lively discussion going on. Everyone was talking and laughing and Anji seemed to be the center of attention, she seemed to be wanting to say something,but every time she opened her mouth , someone interjectede. He saw she was blushing .  He went to the table, "so what going on here, and why is everyone bothering my eklauti saali.". He sat down next to Anji, and put an arm around her shoulders, even though he had never had a family before, but  he seemed to have inherited a big one, courtesy of his lovely wife, and he seemed be to be catching up fast with the dynamics of this crazy bunch , fast. A-" Dont worry, Anji, I am on your side. So what's the problem?"  he looked up at Nidhi, she was also looking at him, her eyes held, admiration, love, indulgence and above all peace, as she sat there looking at her family. His Nidhi was perfect, it took so little to make her happy, she did not require material things. The happiness of her family and his love was all it took to put this beautiful smile on her face. How he wish he could capture this moment of time, it was so perfect. And the smile on her face, was like looking at a living and breathing Mona Lisa .  Ashu looked over at Arman, and saw that Arman had taken out his pocket camera, and was taking Nidhi's picture. Ashu had always, chided Arman on having that camera with him at all times, and now he saw the advantage of that. Ashu smiled his thanks, and Arman, gave him a small salute. Message received and understood. It had always been like that with Arman, he knew Ashu better than Ashu knew himself. And, somehow, throughout all the difficult times of his life, Arman had always been at his side. He was very lucky to have a friend like that.

Ashu, was brought out of his thoughts, by Anji. She was telling him how Dr. Rangnath's parents, had been putting her through a series of tests to prove her worthiness.  And she was lamenting, about the next one. Apparently something, about waking up,the next morning at 4:00am and after bathing, she needed to put a saree and come to Rangnath's house and do pooja with his parents. They were asking her to read the Sunder Kand from the Ramayan to get blessings from Bajrangbali .  Before their betrothal was finalized.  Anji, was at a loss, she had  never gotten up that early before in her life, and didn't have the first clue as to how to read the ramayan. Everybody at the table was giving suggestions to how to proceed or what to do to get out of this situation.  Ashu, was angry, he felt very bad for Anji, in the short time since their marriage he had gotten very close to her, and felt very protective about her. He had told Rangnath yesterday, to stop this nonsense.  Apparently, he had not paid attention. Well Ashu would rectify that matter soon, but now, "Anji, you will not do any of the sort, you will do exactly what, I say.". Everyone stopped talking , and looked at him.  A-"this is ridiculous, I told Rangnath yesterday, that starting off a relationship with falsehood is. It the way to go. His parents need to see the real you, and accept you as you are. I know you, you might dress like a young girl of today, but at heart you are an Indian girl with Indian values, just like Nidhi. They need to see and recognize that, eleven though you are not from a village, you can still uphold all their values and traditions, and give them all the respect due to them, because that's the way you were brought up. And those are the kind of values your parents have instilled in you. " Anji, looked up at him with tears in her eyes, and she hugged him.  A-" don't worry Anji, i am going to go with you and your parents, today, and meet Rangnath's parents with you. Tell Rangnath, we will be coming, and he has to be there. And you don't need to worry anymore, your marriage to Rangnath is my reponsibility , trust me everything will be fine."  Anji-" I don't know how to thank you, jeejaji. You're the greatest. I don't like all of this also. It's a big relief. I just hope that Rangnath's parents listen and understand. I am a little scared.". A-"You need to be scared Anji, we are all with you. All of us, your parents, DB, CV, and I will go and talk to them, now relax and let's have lunch, I am starving, it seems I over slept and missed my breakfast." everyone laughed.

After lunch, Ashu took Arman outside, he wanted to talk to Arman alone with out anyone overhearing what he had to say. Arman-"what is it Ashu, it has to bee something important, for you to pull me away from everyone like this?". A-"Arman, I was thinking last night, that I have never given Nidhi anything, other than the heart necklace at valentines,  since we have gotten married. She has never even asked for anything. But now after everything, I really want to give her something, something really special.  I know material things don't really hold much value for her, for her it's the sentiments that count. I want to give her something that shows my love for her, and I have the perfect idea. But I will need you to get it done for me, I can't leave or Nidhi will get suspicious." Arman-"Wah yaar, seekh rahe ho, mere dost. Wonderful thought, ab mujhe batao, what's in your mind."Ashutosh told him exactly what he had in mind, and then handed a small box to him. Arman grinned," Thats perfect. I have to hand it to you Ashu,  I never you you could be so romantic. Ok, boss, I'll get right on it. Oh any by the way, it is for a special occasion, or just like that."  A-" Well last month nidhi had wanted to celebrate our first ,onto anniversary, and Mallika spoilt that, now tomorrow, it's our second month, anniversary. I want to make it up to her." Arman "wow, sensational idea, hats off to you yaar."

Later that evening,  DB had gone to the small prayer room in the house, to do her nightly prayers, and Arman, BB, and Ashu, we're having coffee, in the living room, and nidhi was just resting, with her feet up on the sofa and her head on Ashu's shoulder. Ashu was talking to Bb about, how hectic the next day to the hospital was going to be, and how he was looking forward to going back after so long.  Just then DB came back and sat down and said," Beta, don't you think Nidhi should stay at home and rest for a few more days, after all it's been barely more than a week, since she was in the hospital. She still looks week, and a bit pale." Before Ashu could say anything, Nidhi, opened her eyes, and and said,"no DB please let me go. I was really looking forward to going back. It's been so long, I really want to get back to work, and be a doctor again." Ashu, looked at her with indulgence. She  looks so adorable, jab woh bachchon ki tarah zid karti  hai, he thought. DB-" meri bachchi, I am not saying that you can't go, I am just saying that u should wait  for a few days that's all. I just want to see color on your cheeks before you go back. You are still too pale. And besides, I don't think you will be able to handle the demands of being an intern at this point." Nidhi-"but DB..." 
Ashu interrupted, "DB I think that i have a solution that will make the both of you happy. Nidhi, you know I am part owner of the hospital as well as chief of staff, and as my wife, you can take over a few of my responsibilities. Well you that yesterday, Rangnath had told us of the marketing firm , hired by the board to market KGH , well why don't you take over that project. You work from home and also be able to come to the hospital for a short time also. Plus you have your laptop, so you can communicate with the Rep, via emails if you have too. That way you can relax, take things easy and make DB happy, and at the same time come for a bit to the hospital for meetings, and that will take care of your boredom also. 
You can start your internship, after you get better, or even after this marketing strategy takes off. Of course, I would require that along with your internship, you keep on handling the on going marketing  for the hosp also, that is if you still want to be involved with that aspect of the hospital business along with being a doctor.
So, what do you think?". Nidhi-"I think I have the most  brilliant husband in the world, also the most diplomatic. Killing two birds with one stone Dr. Ashutosh? How cool is that."  Ashu looked over at DB to she that she too was smiling her approval.  Well, he thought, that was easy. Whew. 

The next morning, In the car on the way to work, Nidhi was keeping up a non stop chatter. Ashu, wanted to say something to her, if you he ghouls gat the chance.  God knows he loved her a lot, but she could be the most exasperating person.  Finally, he said, "Nidhi, is it possible you to keep quiet for a minute. I want to say something to you and we're almost at the hospital, and once we get there, I will be so busy, I won't get a chance to see you let alone talk to you for the rest of the day." Nidhi-"You didn't have to yell you know, you just had to say you wanted to talk, and I would have kept quiet." She had that pout on her face that made him want to kiss her right then and there. She looked like a sulky child. A-"Nidhi, I just wanted to tell you that I want you to be home by lunch time. I promised DB that 
I would make sure that you not overtax yourself, on your first day. And secondly you will not wait for me. The driver has instructions to take you home at lunchtime and come back for me. I'll be home before dinner.". Nidhi-" Yes Sir! I will obey all of his highness's orders. But you will be sitting in this first meeting with the marketing Rep, this morning aren't you? I think you should at least meet him, it's important that you get to know him also." A-"yes sweetheart, I'll be with you intially, but after the introductions, I'll have to leave, I have a lot to catch up with, and have several meetings scheduled throught the day, with various department heads and also the management. Oh, and I forgot to tell you, Rangnath had called this morning while you were getting ready, he said to tell you that the Rep would be there early, so we should just come straight to the conference hall. One thing strange, he sounded really funny, when I asked him the Rep's name, after all I can't just keep calling him the Rep.  Anyway, every time I brought up the subject, he changed the topic. Strange?"   Nidhi,-" Ji, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, Dr. Rangnath, probably has a lot that he needs to tell you in regards to hospital business that he needs to help you get caught up on. Besides, we're almost there and we will be meeting him in a few minutes anyway,  you'll find out his name then".   Ashu still had a confused look to his face. Then all of a sudden he turned into a small side road, and turned the car off. Nidhi looked T him with confusion,"why..." before she could get another word out he had crushed her to him and kissed her hard, the kiss seemed to go on and on. When he finally let her go, both of them were out of breath.  N-"Wow, not that I am complaining, but Wow!
And what was that for"?   A-"well too reasons first, because I am going to miss you all day, so this was to tide me over for the day. And next, I loved the way you called me "Ji" that was so cute, just like a typical Indian wife".   N-"well I am a typical wife".   A-" No, sweetheart. You are my wife, but you  definitely are not typical. You're extraordinary.  I love you  Nidhi".  No matter how many times he said that, she never got tired of it.  

When they got to the hospital, Dr. Rangnath , was there waiting for them, at the font entrance. When they came in he shook Ashu's hand and said "welcome back Sir, we have all missed you".   THen he hugged  Nidhi and said"welcome back saali ji, it's nice to see you back here again".   Nidhi, looked at him with a mischievous smile and thought, about Anji, she was so happy about these two. And once the whole marriage issue got resolved, the four of them were going to have so much fun. Not to mentioned that the three of them were probably going to drive her husband bananas. She couldn't wait!  With a teasing smile she said,"abhi, itni jaldi saali mat boliye.  Abhi to kal him sab log Aapke ghar aa rahein hain, Aapke Ma papa, se baat karne. Kal  ke faisle ke baad dekhengein ki  main aapki saali banoongi, ke bhi nahin.  Aap ko yaad to bai naa kal raat ke appointment ka"?  Rangnath had a comically painful look on his face at the mention of tomorrow nights gathering.  He look at her with a wry smile, "yes much to my pain, I remember".  Nidhi laughed and hugged him once more, "don't worry, everything will be alright. We are all with you. And besides, no one can no to my husband."   Ashutosh smiled at their interaction, and then asked Rangnath  if the Rep had arrived. R-"yes sir, he got here early and has been looking over the hospital and its facilities reading the literature regarding some of our services and our specialities. Let's go Sir, he is in the conference room waiting for us."

When they went in they went in the conference room they saw some tof the other board members, some management staff, and some HOD's already seated, talking amongst each other. When everyone saw the two of them, they got up, and went to welcome Ashu and Nidhi back to the hospital, some shook hands and some of them gave  nidhi a hug.   Ashu was surprised to see how many people Nidhi had managed to win over during her brief tenure at KGH , although why he was surprised he had no idea, Nidhi had that type of personality that attracted everyone to her like a magnet. Her warm and giving nature, managed to win everyone over to her side, well almost everyone, and then he remembered the exception.  Shaking of the dismal thoughts he thanked everyone warmly and led nidhi over to a chair and sat down next to her, and motioned for Rangnath to begin. 

Rangnath started off by welcoming everyone and thanking them for attending the meeting. He gave a brief overview of the managements decision to hire a PR firm to market KGH in the public sector.  After that, Rangnath said,"ladies and gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to introduce the representative form Worldwide PR international  , Mr. Rohan     ".     Nidhi's head whipped up and her face lost all color, as she saw Rohan stand of from one of the chairs at the table. He  was looking at her too. He gave her a smile and winked at her. Nidhi could not take her eyes off of him.  He looked different.  He didn't look the the Rohan who had been at her wedding, that Rohan had had a smile plastered on his face which contradicted the with the immense sadness in his eyes. The Rohan who had been her beat friend, in some ways even closer and dearer to her heart than even Anji.  The friend whose sadness was because of her, and who had left quietly without a word rather than say a word of complaint against the injustice that she and life had dealt him.  But, this Rohan was different, he looked like the old Rohan, who had joked with her, teased her,  taken care of her, supported her through one of the worst periods of her life. This Rohan looked like the carefree friend she had adored.  Nidhi, had no idea, what was being said around her, she was so engrossed Niall the past memories, that she had lost tack of her surroundings,  all she knew was everyone was talking and agreeing to something.  Before she realized it, the meeting was over, and everyone stood up and came to her and was congratulating her.  After everyone left,  she looked up at Ashu , with a confused look to her face.  The only people in the room were her, Ashu, Rohan and Rangnath.  Ashu looked at her with amusement, "sweetheart, everyone was congratulating you because the whole board agreed with you being the hospital liaison for the hospital, and working with the new Marketing Rep regarding the promoting of the hospital".    With that he took her hand and walked up to Rohan ..

Rohan spoke first,"Nidhi, I don't k ow what to say. All I can say is I am sorry, I wasn't here when you needed me.  But before we go on, I need to say something that would take a great weight off my chest".     Nidhi -" go ahead I am listening".   
R-" now I feel really self conscious.  Okay here goes...Nidhi, I want or appologize to you, for ruining our friendship, I was a fool.  I don't really know how to say this, but, I never really loved you at all, I just thought I did. I think it was a combination of a lot of things. Mostly I think it was the circumstances.  You were sad all the time, and were missing Dr. Ashutosh. And there didnt seem any way to get you two together again. You were crying and depressed and it seemed to me that you had given up on life, and I didnt know any way to help you. I was at a loss, I wanted my old friend back, the one that was full of life, and it seemed to me that I had lost her somewhere.  Well at time I thought, I thought that it would have. Even better if we had gotten married, at least you would not have  had to suffer like that.  I know you did not love me and I did not love you but a lot of good marriages are built on less than that. We were friends and I  knew that I could make you laugh, well any way, somehow I managed to convince myself that I was in love with you.  Even my heart said I didn't love you(sorry raj kapoorji, I didn't mean to call you a liar, Rohan thought to himself, and apologized to his poor heart), I just thought that I did. I misunderstood my feeling of helplessness and desperation and my desire to bring back your smile as love. I don't know what to say or what do that can ever make up for my stupidity.  I am sorry I hurt you so much. And I am sorry I ruined our friendship, but most of all I am sorry that I wasn't there for you when you needed your friend the most. You needed me and I abandoned you. When Anji called and told me everything, I had been trying to think of ways to come back and say sorry. This job gave me the perfect opportunity.  My biggest regret is that, I came to late. I could not be here for you . Is there any way you could forget and forgive my idiocy, and accept me back into your life and and accept my friendship once again"?  Nidhi, had sat quietly through our the whole speech, she was so relieved and happy, she had her friend back again,  a great weight had been lifted off of her heart, somewhere deep down she  had always felt guilty that she had been the reason for Rohan's heartache.  Now she  Felt on top of the world.  Her life was perfect. Her biggest headache was behind bars, he childhood friend was about to have her dreams come true and her beat friend was back in her life, and he was happy and he was Rohan again.
           Nidhi,  caught both of Rohan's hand and started spinning around with him, "Rohan I am so happy, you have made me so happy today.  I have my friend back, I have my friend back,  Thankyou you have given back one of my life's greatest treasures your friendship".     She stopped spinning,  suddenly she felt light headed and would have fallen if Rohan hadn't caught her.  "Nidhi, you can't do that. Sit down, are oh alright , should, I call Dr. Ashutosh"?   Nidhi looked  up at him and laughed, she had tears running down her cheeks,she looked happy. This was the way he always wanted to see her, happy, and he would do all he could, as her friend to ensure that. N-"Rohan I am fine, I just got a little dizzy that's all. Rohan, you have made my happiness complete today. I am so glad you are back. And theres nothing to forgive. I probably might have reacted the same given the same circumstances. Now we will not speak of this any more, promise me. Everything is in the past. All that matters is that  you're back.  And we are going to have a lot of fun together again, do you know about Anji and Dr. Rangnath"?   Rohan smiled, that was his Nidhi, she was back and so was he, and she would never find out.  Then they both started talking and catching up. Nidhi brought him up to date on the whole Mallika affair, about Anji Rangnath  and his parents.  They  were  both laughing and talking and kidding around just like old times. It felt like coming home again, and Rohan's heart was at peace. He knew he had done the right thing in coming back.

They were still there talking, smiling, and laughing, a few hours later, when Ashutosh, looking for Nidhi, came to the conference room.  He found them holding hands, Nidhi was trying to force Rohan to do something, and he was trying to back out. 'Poor Rohan, doesn't he know Nidhi by now', he thought, ,I should probably try to save him, before my wife manages to get him involved  in one of her crazy ideas".   A-"so you guys are still here, I knew you would be. I knew when I saw Rohan here this morning that nidhi would. It be getting any work done today", ashu said in mock anger, then seeing the guilty looks on their faces, he could not controll himself and burst out laughing.  Nidhi, seeing him laugh, punched him on the arm," you are becoming really naughty, I think I've created a monster.  Just wait I'll get you back for that." Rohan was so happy to see nidhi love and be loved in return and know that she was happy.   For him her happiness was enough, he had no comp,aunts from life.  Then he heard Nidhi ask him,"Rohan where are you staying"?  Rohan-"actually, I am staying with you father, when he heard I was coming he would not let me go any where else. And DB laid the whole guilt trip on me, about how they were so lonely without you, and that as a son I had a responsibility towards them also. So long story short, I am back".   Nidhi laughed in delight,"that's wonderful now I won't have to worry about DB and baba now that you are there  with them.  Rohan you needed to come to our house for dinner tonight, I will not take no for an answer.  We can have a late night, and watch movies and have noodles, just like old times. I've missed you so much.  It'll be good to stay up late and have fun. Dr. Ashutosh is very boring, he goes to sleep early,(she looked up at ashu with mischief in her eyes, and tongue in cheek, and said)he doesn't like to to anything at night, he just likes to sleep,  he doesn't watch movies, and above all he doesnt like noodles. Come Rohan say you'll come"?  Ashu looked at his wife and thought, the little imp was trying to goad him, he'd show her tonight, just how boring he was, he would make her beg for mercy.  Let her have her fun right now.  She was so happy having Rohan back, he could forgive her anything to see that happiness on her face, well almost anything.   Rohan-"I am really sorry Nidhi, I promised your father that I would spend my first evening back with him. And then Solanki Uncle came and invited us to his house for dinner, so. Ow we have this thing planned and  we also have a pool match planned after dinner, but I promise I'll come tomorrow, and we will do anything you want.". Nidhi pouted for a second and said,  " ok, but tomorrow we also have to go to Dr. Rangnath's house to talk with his parents about his and Anjis rishta, and you have to come with us for that alsohow a family affair so you have to be ther and support Anji, with me. And after that we can all come to our house, and you me, Anji, and Dr. Rangnath, can celebrate, and of course(ther was that Impish smile again)Dr. Ashutosh can also join us, that is if he is not to tired".  Ashu looked at her and his eyes promised retribution.  A-" ok so now that's settled,  Nidhi, you need to get back home and rest, DB has already called me twice to ask when you were leaving, that why I had to come find you".  Ashu looked and Rohan and smiled," Rohan I am sorry, I know you guys were having fun, but nidhi really needs to rest, can you do me a favor and take her to the car. I have left some work in the middle which I really need to get back to. Oh and after you drop nidhi, maybe you can come to my cabin, we can talk more about the project, and maybe, if you have time, we can have lunch together, and then we can catch up".  Rohan smiled and agreed and said that he would be right  back.    Rohan said. He to nidhi  and helped her gently into the car, and told the driver, to drive carefully and slowly. He also promise her that he would call later that evening.

When Nidhi got home, DB fussed over her and gave her lunch, which she insisted on feeding nidhi  herself.  And after DB insisted Nidhi, neede to take a nap and tucked her into bed, just like she used to when she was a little girl.  Nidhi felt thoroughly loved and totally pampered, but one thing was bothering her, and she knew that she could not delay any longer. She needed to tell her husband the whole Rohan story, and show him the letter, she still did to know why she had hidden it in the first place. Well she kind of knew.  Ashutosh had a lot of respect for Rohan and his friendship for Nidhi, and also for the way Rohan had takn care of her during their separation. Nidhi did to want to ruin Rohan's image in Ashu's eyes.  She love her friend, and she knew what had happens had not been his fault, and that the reason Rohan had left was  for the sake of  Nidhi's happiness.  But now things were different, the old situation no longer applied, and Ashu deserved to know the truth. She felt better with that decision, and fell asleep.  

Later that night, after dinner, Nidhi was lying in the bed in her husbands arms, and decided that now was as good a time as any, so she gathered her courage, and Sat up,"Ji, I need to show you something after which I need to tell you something", saying that she got up and got the book in which she had placed the letter, and cme back and sat on the bed. N-" please read this first and then I will answer all of your questions and explain everything, I just don't want you to misunderstand anything, and I promise I was not trying to hide anything, I had fully intended to tell you everything, it's just that with everything that happened after we came back from our honeymoon, I just never got the chance, I hope you won't be too angry at me ".    She opened the book and handed the letter to Ashu. To her surprise, Ashu looked at the letter and smiled, then he took the book from her and put the letter back inside.  Ashu-"Nidhi, my darling, don't you think I know youby now. I know that you to lie about anything and never to me, I know that. Also sweetheart, if you had really wanted to hide the letter, you would certainly  not have stuck it into the pages of a book, where if, anyone who chose to read the book would have found it.  If you remember a few weeks ago, I was reading this same book, and that too right in front of you, and you did not even pay attention. If you had been trying to hide it from me, you would have snatched the book out of my hands on some pretext, and tried to get rid of it in some way, but you did not even notice it.   Do you know, when I realized with certainty that Mallika was lying, it was the day, she came to me with the letter, you had gone to Anji's house for something, she came to me and tried to convince me how I'd made a mistake by marrying you, and that during our separation you had a fling with Rohan, and had betrayed and left him also, when Baba agreed to our marriage. How you were a liar and didn't really love me. It was then that I knew. I knew she was lying. I knew you could never have done that to me, you could never have betrayed our love that way. You see I had already read the letter and realized that Rohan had fallen in live with you, and how he left just so you could be happy.  Nidhi, I trust you, maybe even more than I trust myself. I could never doubt you. And when I saw Rohan at the hospital today, I knew that you were going to talk to me tonight. Sweetheart even if you had not said a word I would not have had a problem.  I know exactly why you didn't tell me, it was to protect Rohan, right? Nidhi, you didn't have to do that, I have a lot of respect for him , and that only increased when I read that letter. He truly is your friend and you are very lucky to have him in your life. That kind of friendship is very rare, where one willingly sacrifices his happiness for the sake of his friend. I love you, and nothing can ever change that, so don't worry, but I am glad you told me, I know I must have been weighing on your mind ever since, so I am happy that that burden is not on you anymore".  Nidhi was amazed at her husband, could any girl in this whole world be luckier than her. She didn't know what to say. SHe went to him and gently laid her head near his heart and told,him all about her conversation with Rohan that morning.   Ashu's  respect for Rohan grew even more, he knew that Rohan had lied to Nidhi. He had seen the love in his eyes for Nidhi, the whole time during the meeting this morning, he had tried to hide it, but Ashu saw.  And he was very great full to Rohan, he had taken away that last of nidhis worries. Ever since he had read the letter, he knew that Nidhi would always be sad and feel guilty  and blame herself for her friend's heartbreak. But Rohan had fixed that today, and Ashu, would be forever great full to him for that. Like he told Nidhi, Rohan was indeed her friend, in every truest sense of the word. 

But right now he had another more important matter to settle with his wife. Ashutosh-" Nidhi, I haven't forgotten that whole, my husband is boring, and all he does is sleep at night and nothing else, speech. Well wife you are going to pay for that and with interest,I'll show you exactly how boring I am and just exactly how much I sleep at night".  Nidhi, giggled, "  with pleasure husband, why do you think I said that". ...     

Suvika.

Suvika.

IF-Sizzlerz

Suvika.

Posted: 01 July 2012 at 12:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sujatha.rao

Hi Suja...a very happy b'day to your son!

thanks a lot Sujatha...will convey him the wishes...

Sujatha.rao

Post Reply New Post

Go to top