Phir Subah Hogi

Fabulous Episode

tinkerbeljoy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Wow factor in todays epi with Vikram confessing and I hope it gets stronger, there will be many problems such as Adi, TJ and his wife.  I hope sugni's mum can be stronger like Sugni t deal with her idol brothers and sister-in-law.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This is one of the only shows on air currently which even have the POTENTIAL to be watched for a good story and great characters thanks to the slightly different context than the usual. But sadly...as is what happens most times, even that potential is on the way to being clubbed. I'm amazed that no one found the scene yesterday between Vikram and Sugni as a pace breaker...regardless of how fantastic Varun and Gulki are as actors, regardless of the nuances they are able to bring to a scene...in fact, their acting prowess and nuances were the only things that made the scene watchable...

Whatever happened to a convincing story progression...whatever happened to characters retaining their traits? Love at first sight? Does no one else think that Vikram is more and actually way too sensible a man than that? That at the very least he is not and cannot be THAT cliched? Yes, he saw during the very first rickshaw ride that she was different, indeed he did...very different from the rest, and that was the absolute beauty of it. But the realism of it was that even when he had enough care for her to give her his cravat for good luck, he threw it and didn't look back for a moment's notice or her reaction to it. Over time, he grew an affinity for Sugni...over a very small time, in fact...but to culminate it so quickly, in a manner SO quick that it seems almost contrived to put the story on fast forward...and then to have some glaringly non-characterisitic dialogues thrown in for the sake of a 'confession'...could Vikram not just have given Sugni belief and hope again to stay in the village and change the norms, for others too and not just herself, rather than try to flee...could he not have told her that though there may be many people in this village who do not appreciate her, there are those who do support and care for her? There are so many ways for him to convey his affection for her, unconsciously, subconsciously...and even consciously...but what we see is that right after Aditya tells him not to do anything that wouldn't befit him, he makes himself unconvincingly transparent to Sugni...without a thought, without any consideration. 'Love is blind' and all of that, but as I said before...Vikram Singh is not a character to whom the cliches apply, and above all, he is a thinking man...someone who is very sensitive to circumstances and how to handle them. It is such a disservice to the promising potential of this RELATIONSHIP that they didn't let it develop its deserving depth with time...but rather bam, here we are from point A to B...and all the development that could have taken place in the middle is passed over...

They have a story and characters here in which there can be a fantastic power struggle shown...a fantastically complex array of relationships, loyalties and intentions weaved...but there's no time given for those things to brew and become convincing...can we see, and can we have the things confirmed that we did see...rather than being told something entirely different or even something expected when it comes off on screen as unconvincing?

But I guess I'm the only one who finds that they lost an opportunity to develop Vikram, Sugni and their relationship to a greater depth by showing this rushed admission because everyone else seems more than elated. Oh well...
tinkerbeljoy thumbnail
F.A.O.

Kabeeraspeaking,

I must applaud you on your post reply, what fantastic writing skills you have and thought process, are you thnking of becoming a screen writer or something along those lines? If not you should consider it. I love your articulation style though you think like majority of the screen writers or producers to prolong and drag episodes I on the other hand love the fact Vikram has confessed quickly as with serials I have little patience, I want to see results quickly besides most actors these days are so good that one can pick up projections you were talking about very quickly.

But you my dear certainly have a bright future ahead of you and want to share my appreciation of the small glimpse of your talent.
romancefan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Agree with you Tinkelbeljoy, i don't like draggy serials. I like Vikram's style. He's not afraid to go after what he wants and come hell or high water, no one-Thakur or not- will be able to stop him. Someone mentioned that something is cooking in his mind because Vik being a cautious person by nature, will not be declaring his feelings so openly so quickly. However, once cupid strikes, no man however strong will be able to avoid its arrow. Vik is a man in love and is ready to admit it as he doesn't want to lose Sugni.πŸ˜‰
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: tinkerbeljoy

I love your articulation style though you think like majority of the screen writers or producers to prolong and drag episodes I on the other hand love the fact Vikram has confessed quickly as with serials I have little patience, I want to see results quickly besides most actors these days are so good that one can pick up projections you were talking about very quickly.

My apologies if my post sounded like that...I was talking about a balance between a rushed story and one that drags and never gets anywhere. I would love as much as the next person, in fact anyone would, to see a story progress...but when progress is not convincing, unfortunately it is not palatable either. romancefan said that all men (or women, I suppose) are weak in front of love, but when characters in a show are as strong, ambitious, and as thinking as these ones are, one hopes that when they change and sentimentally evolve, cliches of all things will not be employed to reach or explain that change and progress in their personalities. There's a layer of sheen removed from characters when they act or are made to say things that are only surface-level...and it feels very pronounced especially when there's so much potential displayed in all the nuances enacted by these actors to give some depth to their characters. Sadly regardless of how talented they might be, and their abilities though may be able to elevate the material somewhat, cannot entirely substitute for cohesive and well-paced writing...the discrepancy shows.

Today I read about a promo which has Sugni acknowledging her love as well...and I do have to wonder, what's the rush? Did the writer have a flight to catch or was he running behind a train that he had to pen all of this down at such speed? πŸ˜† Maybe this fast-forwarded rate of progression is a product of some other effort, probably a bid at better TRPs by getting the romance story going...
tinkerbeljoy thumbnail

Kabeeraspeaking and Romancefan,

Love the names, I am a sucker for quick progression and thanks for sharing some of the latest goss. about Sugni declaring her feelings and Viks stances, the reason I want it to progress is that Sugni will need an identity in the bedi's society to make a change who better than Vikram at her side and also she has to sort out her father and bring him to normality if possible.

The new drama will center around the changes in culture such as a Takur publicly displaying is affection for a bedi's daughter, not picking up your sandals everytime u see a takur, eventually buying and selling women for takurs pleasure.

I prefer the serials to be all happening and end within a year as oppose to dragging their heels for 2/3 years - you end up losing interest as the writers tend to revolve around the same old issues in a cycle like a washing machine it goes round and round and again.

Love both your posts.
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: kabeeraspeaking

This is one of the only shows on air currently which even have the POTENTIAL to be watched for a good story and great characters thanks to the slightly different context than the usual. But sadly...as is what happens most times, even that potential is on the way to being clubbed. I'm amazed that no one found the scene yesterday between Vikram and Sugni as a pace breaker...regardless of how fantastic Varun and Gulki are as actors, regardless of the nuances they are able to bring to a scene...in fact, their acting prowess and nuances were the only things that made the scene watchable...

Whatever happened to a convincing story progression...whatever happened to characters retaining their traits? Love at first sight? Does no one else think that Vikram is more and actually way too sensible a man than that? That at the very least he is not and cannot be THAT cliched? Yes, he saw during the very first rickshaw ride that she was different, indeed he did...very different from the rest, and that was the absolute beauty of it. But the realism of it was that even when he had enough care for her to give her his cravat for good luck, he threw it and didn't look back for a moment's notice or her reaction to it. Over time, he grew an affinity for Sugni...over a very small time, in fact...but to culminate it so quickly, in a manner SO quick that it seems almost contrived to put the story on fast forward...and then to have some glaringly non-characterisitic dialogues thrown in for the sake of a 'confession'...could Vikram not just have given Sugni belief and hope again to stay in the village and change the norms, for others too and not just herself, rather than try to flee...could he not have told her that though there may be many people in this village who do not appreciate her, there are those who do support and care for her? There are so many ways for him to convey his affection for her, unconsciously, subconsciously...and even consciously...but what we see is that right after Aditya tells him not to do anything that wouldn't befit him, he makes himself unconvincingly transparent to Sugni...without a thought, without any consideration. 'Love is blind' and all of that, but as I said before...Vikram Singh is not a character to whom the cliches apply, and above all, he is a thinking man...someone who is very sensitive to circumstances and how to handle them. It is such a disservice to the promising potential of this RELATIONSHIP that they didn't let it develop its deserving depth with time...but rather bam, here we are from point A to B...and all the development that could have taken place in the middle is passed over...

They have a story and characters here in which there can be a fantastic power struggle shown...a fantastically complex array of relationships, loyalties and intentions weaved...but there's no time given for those things to brew and become convincing...can we see, and can we have the things confirmed that we did see...rather than being told something entirely different or even something expected when it comes off on screen as unconvincing?

But I guess I'm the only one who finds that they lost an opportunity to develop Vikram, Sugni and their relationship to a greater depth by showing this rushed admission because everyone else seems more than elated. Oh well...

I agree with you wholeheartedly.  There's no way he was in love with her at first sight, which is why I am suspicious about the confession.  But I agree with you that all this is rushed.  Even if this is all a ploy, it still is rushed.
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: kabeeraspeaking

You actually posted in the forum?πŸ˜²πŸ˜†...Matlab you were actually following this show more than I thought you wereπŸ˜†

I think the REAL story is yet to be revealed...Vikram's confession at this point was shown for a reason and the way his character will be developed aage jaake is part of that...that is where the power struggles and all will come from I guess cuz they've more than beaten us over the head with the fact that this character is grey or "evil"

I actually loved the scene cuz it wasn't a typical confession...there was a lot that that could be read into the dialogues either ways as to what is going in Vikram's mind or how he views this...I don't think this was as simple as a one-dimensional confession at this point...

When Vikram called it love at first sight, I think he was speaking more of the CONNECT that was instantaneous b/w them and it only developed over time.

Even in today's episode he admits to himself that the thought of losing her was the only reason he admitted this to himself as well as confessed to her or he'd never have admitted it to himself or said it to her.

They've been showing his fascination for her developing since a while anyways so the confession didn't feel out of the blue to me...

I just always get the feel that there is more to this character than meets the eye...so all potential hasn't been squandered yet.
kamala2012 thumbnail
@kabeeraspeaking

Very good post and good points.

Yes, the confession was sudden. The story was dragging for long time. They kept showing Gulabiya and Sugni suffering. And suddenly the story has moved to the romance zone.

The confession scene itself was good because it is different from the way it is usually shown in other serials. For weeks and weeks, there will be articles about the confession and viewers go mad. This way, it's all over and it was not filmy.

I am not sure that we can say 100% that it was not love at first sight.  What is love at first sight? Only in hindsight, people will know that.   As of now, Vikram's feelings for Sugni seem honest. It doesn't seem like he is doing all this with a big plan. Something will definitely happen and he will change but that does not mean he is faking it now. He would be mad if he is faking it to himself when he is alone.

I do agree with you that Vikram need not have used love as the reason to stop Sugni from leaving the village. He should have asked her to stay and fight and motivate her. And build friendship with her.

But if he had done that, as a viewer, i would think if he is doing it with a sinister planπŸ˜† Now, since it is all so sudden, I am actually believing Vikram when he says he is in love.

I think PSH has generally been received well, but the TRP problem won't start so soon. The show is always good in the first three months. After that, only god knows.