Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 7
Page 6 Page 7

ita_04

Goldie

ita_04

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
@loveleen
ditto...the initial build up to manvi's cancer...the wedding track where she suffered from recurrent fever n fainting spells were handled so beautifully...i really had hoped that they would portray whichever disease they decide to show in a realistic manner...when u notice the fact that the very first epi had hinted about mannu being a victim of some dreadful illness..its a huge letdown what they are doing now...but i really hope something hits them before its all too late...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

reshamcjs1234sindu_gurti*Reemz*

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Be serious! Yes be serious :/ (Page 5)" in Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mnss123

Goldie

mnss123

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
Friday's episode Cry. They did not show the promo which anyway made us hope that there is something interesting waiting for us, but...
What I felt was a complete lack of continuation...again... the scenes were notlinked, thursday on the other hand was a very good episode, well presented. So there is too much if inconsistency. 
I also think that the virat maanvi scene was cute in its iwn way, i mean i enjiyed it for that moment but then when compared to the episode then it was definately not required. What is NOT AT ALL required was the virika scene. All that lovy dovy talk, why? I really dont know why was that put in, anyone would know that it would not fit in the context. 
At the end...again no precap and this time I am not expecting much to happen as well dont want to get disappointed again!!! Confused

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sindu_gurti*Reemz*

loveleen12

Goldie

loveleen12

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
I have no hopes from the cvs now ita_04(sorry don't know ur name, but u got mine name) like I said the cvs are just playing with people's emotions. I was having a discussion with Ayesha, Resham, and Fatima the other day and we were talking about how the we hope no cancer patient watches this show, because it would really hurt them. What about those people that got inspiration and courage from Manvi's zindagi talks, their hopes will probably be crushed.

sindu_gurti*Reemz*

loveleen12

Goldie

loveleen12

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnss123

Friday's episode Cry. They did not show the promo which anyway made us hope that there is something interesting waiting for us, but...
What I felt was a complete lack of continuation...again... the scenes were notlinked, thursday on the other hand was a very good episode, well presented. So there is too much if inconsistency. 
I also think that the virat maanvi scene was cute in its iwn way, i mean i enjiyed it for that moment but then when compared to the episode then it was definately not required. What is NOT AT ALL required was the virika scene. All that lovy dovy talk, why? I really dont know why was that put in, anyone would know that it would not fit in the context. 
At the end...again no precap and this time I am not expecting much to happen as well dont want to get disappointed again!!! Confused
I got a precap, and it was cute, Virat was telling Jeevika and Manvi that Manvi has changed his life, and she is a true partner.

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sindu_gurti

This is what i felt and tried to explain the other day...they need to be serious and bond every relationship very seriously...i feel CV'S are handling it very superficial...be it love/romance/sisters love/affection/or cancer...they need to be serious and give some matured scenes...just my pov...but still loving it ., loving the show to the core...but still something is lacking!!!!!Tongue

They do know how to handle emotions sensitively, we've seen it in the past but right now everything looks vague and disjointed. I still love the show and want it to reach it's potential but if they carry on like this then we won't feel any attachment.

js1234sindu_gurti

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Paisley11

With due respect to all the "Virman" and "VIrrika" (or whatever other names the couples may have) fans on this forum...

Cancer is serious...and personal...and should be dealt with caution in any public medium...specially in a play as it has far reaching effects...

i cringe everytime i see the manner in which it is being handled in this play...for me..the play and the cancer treatment are completely separate in my mind...no matter how much i like the play...unfortunately i cannot condone the manner in which the CVs are dealing with the disease...

this treatment of the issue one could have expected several years ago but not in one of todays time and age...

cancer is serious and in some way or the other is personal to a lot of us..chemo is not a joke...neither is any other form of cancer treatment...hiding cancer symptoms...!!! I mean come on!!! how can anyone even think of showing that on tv! so that tomorrow other young girls emulate their favorite star and do the same with dire results!!!! throughout the treatment that has been meted out to the whole cancer story line is actually an uneducated one. Its not the main storyline, is definitely not well researched and has been introduced by the way to support the main storyline...which is actually quite ridiculous. 

Honestly speaking...i wish they would scrap this part of the story...in the shortest possible time as it is being totally mishandled...the easiest way to do it could be that the doc in Mumbai prescribes a wonder drug that results in the cancer going into remission...consiering that the entire storyline is pretty fantastical at the moment...this would fit right in...and thereafter the CVs can continue with what they are good at...love stories...or whatever else..they should leave the reality of cancer for real life. 

i am sorry if i sound harsh...but seriously...as someone who has seen cancer and cancer treatment from up close and personal...it is quite offensive as to how the whole thing has been turned into a joke...and i am sure there must be others out there who feel the same way... 

having said this...it does not mean in any way that i m against the play on the whole..i am totally for it..i just feel that the cancer storyline and the play itself totally different..and while i enjoy the play i get irritated by the cancer track and feel that that isn't helping it in any way at all.. obviously the CVs know better...so kudos to them for TRPs or whatever...this was just my two pence worth...but they should have some sensitivity while dealing with such issues. 

I see what you mean but then without the cancer track there isn't much left to the storyline and nothing driving the show.  The first promos of the show always ended with a 'heartbeat' and the first episode itself emphasised on Manvi's ill health and how Jeevika would save her. That is what the story is meant to be about so without all that, we have a very ordinary story. At the same time, I agree that if the writers cannot do justice to a sensitive topic like cancer then they shouldn't have picked it up in the first place. It's not something you can play around like this! The time it's taken for Manvi to have her treatment and the amount of sessions she has had, she may as well have been dead by now :\ 

reshamcjs1234

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ita_04

u know what...it actually feels bad to see the show like this...it started out with so much promise...offered sumthing unique...n now i don't want 2 c it going down the drain lyk hundreds of other shows...if they can just treat this one matter seriously...with the care that it deserves...everyone would be satisfied...so much of criticism everywhere but m sure each of us just wants ehm to be the best n not just another run of the mill show...

Exactly. I think the biggest reason for our disappointment is that we saw a lot of potential in the storyline. Something unseen before which we really want to see play out instead of the typical run of the mill stuff.

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by loveleen12

Originally posted by *Reemz*

Originally posted by loveleen12

Reemz I have replied to your topics before and read all of them, I am not going to type a whole lot here cuz I just did in Ayesha's thread. But one thing I would like to add that I didn't in the other thread was that I really think that this careless behaviour from Jeevika's side is to put more emphasis on the Virman LS, which is sad. The whole mumbai trip was indeed for the Love track. You know the Virman fans have waited for a long time, but that doesn't mean that you can do anything with the story and say that it is drama. It was cool showing Manvi fall in love with Virat while the cancer track is going forward but just like Jeevika, these CVs can only handle a single task or track at a time. Before Virika's wedding all three couples and most importantly the story was taken care of properly. The tracks and characters were being properly developed and Jeeman were not forgotten. This cancer track is supposed to be Jeeman's biggest track and the CVs are more concentrated on making Manvi jealous of Virat's doctor friend Ouch. I am really not enjoying how the story is moving forward, the cvs have completely butchered Virika's characters. Manvi gets irritating sometimes, like not telling the doctor symptoms was sheer stupidity. The only sensible one left is Virat, and all his actions are justified. I was waiting for Virika's reaction and care towards Manvi's cancer the most, but they have really disappointed me. Jeevika's initial reaction was bang on, but after that her character went downhill, they could have shown her struggle to juggle between Manvi and her family without making her look irresponsible. And as much as the Virika scene was cute, wrong timing and they are now supposed to be out of the tomato sauce mode. C'mon CVs show some consistency and logic please!

I am still pinning my hopes on the main story/Jeeman because there has to be more to it. If I didn't have any expectations then I wouldn't even bother rant for so long. I'd be out of here in no time but even if at present they want to concentrate on VM's budding love story, they should at least show Jeevika independently making more decisions regarding Manvi's treatment but she's passive which brings a downer on everything else. I don't think I'd be wrong in saying that a viewer connects to the essence of a  show and if that is missing then everything else will just fall apart. If the emphasis isn't on JM then neither VM or JV will work (that's my opinion because they're all interconnected).  Really really hope next week is better!
I totally agree with you at bold although my first reason to watch the show maybe Virika or Virman, I think that Jeeman lead upto these other two couples. If there is no Jeeman there can't be JV or VM. In order to make someone look greater and they don't have to make the other look inferior. In order to make people love the VM Love Story more they don't have to make everyone hate JM pure bond. The cvs are forgetting that this show is about the behnas, they should just end this cancer track they are just playing with people's emotions on the name drama. I honestly am a die-hard romantic but this show is my fave because it is not plain romance like other shows, I don't want to give up on this show but the way the cvs are going I don't think I will be able to watch it for long. I can bear alot of crap that tv serials show but there is a limit that they should not cross and the cvs are pretty close to crossing that limit, and when they do I will call it quits. Right now I am surviving on old Jeeman, Virman, Virika scenes that actually made sense. Sadly the cancer track was never handled properly so I decide to ignore the fact that Manvi has cancer. You know when Manvi had those fainting spells during JV's wedding I thought that the cvs have some great tracks ahead and all the tracks in the initial months were very nicely shown, so I had some great expectations from this illness track. I think we all did, but we only got disappointment.

Vireka and Virman are kind of branches of JeeMan in a way because Jeevika and Manvi are so involved in each others lives that they end influencing each others love lives too especially when they're mentioned in most of their conversations between the couples. As much as it annoys some, you'll very often always hear a 'Manu' in Vireka's conversation and a 'Di' in VirMan. It's how it works and that's somehow shaped their relationships with others.

The pre-wedding era was magical and one which I don't ever expect to return but like you said the potential in the tracks was immense. 

-Viren-Swamini-Jeevika: Viren being caught between the two most important women in his life. Nothing of that sort has happened thus far. Viren and Swamini's bond has been diluted so much!
- Viren-Manan-Jeevika: Do I need to say anything there? We were all expecting tension between the married couple because of Manan's suppressed feelings for Jeevika.
-Virat-Vanshika-Manvi: Though there have been more scenes surrounding them, they haven't really given me the warm vibe I expected them to.
- Dadaji: He had a presence! I loved how strict he was and how everyone feared him but now nothing about him stands out.
-Swamini: Shades of grey which intrigued us. Her issues with JM's close bond or her irritation with Manvi in general has all gone.
- Manvi-Jeevika: THE MAIN PLOT! How does Jeevika save Manvi from death? That I can at least wait for assuming it is going to happen but after almost 200 episodes, we are yet to see that strong Jeevika we were promised.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

reshamcjs1234..Jessie..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top