Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 7
Page 5 Page 7

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 7:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sari2

hello reemz  im new member and xxl jeeman fan.Smile i love yr post .u r our star superwalaSmileStar btw writers bar bar badlega to yahi hoga .Cry jago cv jago Angrykahi der na ho jaye

That's really kind of you and glad to see another JM fan :))

Changing writers may possibly be the problem . I wish they would go back and watch the initial episodes and realise how well balanced the show used to be.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

poojaroy1985..Jessie..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Be serious! Yes be serious :/ (Page 4)" in Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by loveleen12

Reemz I have replied to your topics before and read all of them, I am not going to type a whole lot here cuz I just did in Ayesha's thread. But one thing I would like to add that I didn't in the other thread was that I really think that this careless behaviour from Jeevika's side is to put more emphasis on the Virman LS, which is sad. The whole mumbai trip was indeed for the Love track. You know the Virman fans have waited for a long time, but that doesn't mean that you can do anything with the story and say that it is drama. It was cool showing Manvi fall in love with Virat while the cancer track is going forward but just like Jeevika, these CVs can only handle a single task or track at a time. Before Virika's wedding all three couples and most importantly the story was taken care of properly. The tracks and characters were being properly developed and Jeeman were not forgotten. This cancer track is supposed to be Jeeman's biggest track and the CVs are more concentrated on making Manvi jealous of Virat's doctor friend Ouch. I am really not enjoying how the story is moving forward, the cvs have completely butchered Virika's characters. Manvi gets irritating sometimes, like not telling the doctor symptoms was sheer stupidity. The only sensible one left is Virat, and all his actions are justified. I was waiting for Virika's reaction and care towards Manvi's cancer the most, but they have really disappointed me. Jeevika's initial reaction was bang on, but after that her character went downhill, they could have shown her struggle to juggle between Manvi and her family without making her look irresponsible. And as much as the Virika scene was cute, wrong timing and they are now supposed to be out of the tomato sauce mode. C'mon CVs show some consistency and logic please!

I am still pinning my hopes on the main story/Jeeman because there has to be more to it. If I didn't have any expectations then I wouldn't even bother rant for so long. I'd be out of here in no time but even if at present they want to concentrate on VM's budding love story, they should at least show Jeevika independently making more decisions regarding Manvi's treatment but she's passive which brings a downer on everything else. I don't think I'd be wrong in saying that a viewer connects to the essence of a  show and if that is missing then everything else will just fall apart. If the emphasis isn't on JM then neither VM or JV will work (that's my opinion because they're all interconnected).  Really really hope next week is better!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

reshamcjs1234ita_04poojaroy1985

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 7:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -ritchelle-

Originally posted by *Reemz*

We are talking about cancer right? Today was supposed to be an important doctors appointment but do we get to see?

- Manvi getting jealous all of a sudden when couple of days back she had joked about Virat's love life. I don't deny that she is in love with Virat but why was this scene necessary just before a serious scene? For goodness sake Manvi, you must feel some sort of nervousness?!

I think the CVs wanna hurry up with the Manvi realising her love for Virat track, cause of which they're inserting such stuff in inappropriate places. I even found the dinner invitation rather weird. I mean, they've gone to consult the doctor for Manvi's CANCER, not influenza or viral fever. And here everyone's so chilled out about it? WTH?  

LMAO I know right! It just did not feel like a patient and her loved ones are going for a serious CANCER related appointment. Seema straight away invited them to the party but is this really the time? She could have called later. Again it just goes back to the TIMING...its all messed up big time.

- The doctors scene itself was probably something I've seen in any other average Desi drama where I hear the typical dialogues. Where are these new reports coming from now? Is Manvi getting more tests done? I guess we will never know because tests just randomly pop out of the hospital records .

That was just a normal, repetitive doc-patient scene. Doc asks questions, patient replies, doc says he needs some more tests, regardless of the 50K tests that the patient has undergone, patient and relatives get all worked up, yadda yadda yadda.  The symptoms are still very shocking and unheard of!! Virat and Jeevika, what did you research exactly?

-Jeevika: Why isn't she taking charge? Or is it just to show how Virat cares for Manvi? I thought the whole point of Jeevika finding out is so she can take charge but she was quiet most of the time. Plus no reaction on the bruises? No questions to Manvi as to where they are? I maybe the only one but I was gobsmacked when they put in a Vireka 'romantic' conversation at that point. Dude you've just come out from what should have been a very serious conversation with the Doctor regarding your sisters CANCER and what do you? Blush over the phone with your husband. As a standalone scene it would have been fine but the timing was wrong and it's about time Vireka go past this honeymoon stage.

Bingo! I could have honestly punched Jeevika in the face when she had that oh-so-romantic convo with her husband. I mean, mauke ki nazaakat ko samjho! You've just heard stuff about how your sister is suffering, the doc has asked for more tests, and here you're romancing your husband? Where did the excessive love for Manvi go? Why is Jeevika so freaking bipolar regarding such stuff? And IK that the CVs are trying to show how Virat is taking charge and doing everything for Manvi, shouldn't Jeevika at least TRY and do something? Forget that. She always hated the concept of Virat falling for Mannu. And now, out of the blues, she's all smiley and inwardly happy about how Virat takes care of Manvi and does so much for her? Where did the sudden change come from?

Once again it seems more of a track for VM and Jeevika's approval of them I guess but don't bloody sacrifice the real important scenes to make the sub-plots progress.

-This isn't a cold, it's cancer. Recently they've taken entire seriousness away from the illness! I remember I used to get goosebumps even at the mention of the symptoms but instead of giving it the attention it should, the cancer is being treated way too lightly!

I've been thinking the same thing lately. IK that the CVs wanna show Manvi's positive attitude and optimism, but why are they treating the entire thing so lightly? I think the fact that they're trying to infuse the love track with this cancer track is kinda killing it. I'm not denying that the love scenes aren't cute, but the juxtaposition of these scenes are is horribly wrong. VM are fine, Vireka are fine but if the love and unnecessary romance is going to get in the way of the cancer track which is at the very core of the show then we have got one mashed up show!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

js1234poojaroy1985sindu_gurti

Paisley11

Groupbie

Paisley11

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 8:31am | IP Logged
With due respect to all the "Virman" and "VIrrika" (or whatever other names the couples may have) fans on this forum...

Cancer is serious...and personal...and should be dealt with caution in any public medium...specially in a play as it has far reaching effects...

i cringe everytime i see the manner in which it is being handled in this play...for me..the play and the cancer treatment are completely separate in my mind...no matter how much i like the play...unfortunately i cannot condone the manner in which the CVs are dealing with the disease...

this treatment of the issue one could have expected several years ago but not in one of todays time and age...

cancer is serious and in some way or the other is personal to a lot of us..chemo is not a joke...neither is any other form of cancer treatment...hiding cancer symptoms...!!! I mean come on!!! how can anyone even think of showing that on tv! so that tomorrow other young girls emulate their favorite star and do the same with dire results!!!! throughout the treatment that has been meted out to the whole cancer story line is actually an uneducated one. Its not the main storyline, is definitely not well researched and has been introduced by the way to support the main storyline...which is actually quite ridiculous. 

Honestly speaking...i wish they would scrap this part of the story...in the shortest possible time as it is being totally mishandled...the easiest way to do it could be that the doc in Mumbai prescribes a wonder drug that results in the cancer going into remission...consiering that the entire storyline is pretty fantastical at the moment...this would fit right in...and thereafter the CVs can continue with what they are good at...love stories...or whatever else..they should leave the reality of cancer for real life. 

i am sorry if i sound harsh...but seriously...as someone who has seen cancer and cancer treatment from up close and personal...it is quite offensive as to how the whole thing has been turned into a joke...and i am sure there must be others out there who feel the same way... 

having said this...it does not mean in any way that i m against the play on the whole..i am totally for it..i just feel that the cancer storyline and the play itself totally different..and while i enjoy the play i get irritated by the cancer track and feel that that isn't helping it in any way at all.. obviously the CVs know better...so kudos to them for TRPs or whatever...this was just my two pence worth...but they should have some sensitivity while dealing with such issues. 

Edited by Paisley11 - 10 June 2012 at 8:32am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

js1234Mizchiefmakerita_04poojaroy1985sindu_gurti..Jessie..*Reemz*

sindu_gurti

IF-Dazzler

sindu_gurti

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 10:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Paisley11

With due respect to all the "Virman" and "VIrrika" (or whatever other names the couples may have) fans on this forum...

Cancer is serious...and personal...and should be dealt with caution in any public medium...specially in a play as it has far reaching effects...

i cringe everytime i see the manner in which it is being handled in this play...for me..the play and the cancer treatment are completely separate in my mind...no matter how much i like the play...unfortunately i cannot condone the manner in which the CVs are dealing with the disease...

this treatment of the issue one could have expected several years ago but not in one of todays time and age...

cancer is serious and in some way or the other is personal to a lot of us..chemo is not a joke...neither is any other form of cancer treatment...hiding cancer symptoms...!!! I mean come on!!! how can anyone even think of showing that on tv! so that tomorrow other young girls emulate their favorite star and do the same with dire results!!!! throughout the treatment that has been meted out to the whole cancer story line is actually an uneducated one. Its not the main storyline, is definitely not well researched and has been introduced by the way to support the main storyline...which is actually quite ridiculous. 
YES exactly...already the cat is out the bag...what is the point in hiding more...i wonder one thing also., why the hell they changed a doctor in the middle of a chemotherapy...as a doctor i have seen patients going in for aggressive dissemination everywhere and we may even loose a patient...what are they trying to  show!!!!!!!i always wonder why should they choose cancer and that too leukemia!!!!!!!!!!!..to all those little heart 's seein this how should realize that this show is not about cancer...but about emotions...

Honestly speaking...i wish they would scrap this part of the story...in the shortest possible time as it is being totally mishandled...the easiest way to do it could be that the doc in Mumbai prescribes a wonder drug that results in the cancer going into remission...consiering that the entire storyline is pretty fantastical at the moment...this would fit right in...and thereafter the CVs can continue with what they are good at...love stories...or whatever else..they should leave the reality of cancer for real life. 
hope cv's do some work on and how this cancer works on a hman body and make the track go further or just as you mentuoned they show some miracles happen and they move on to their love track!!!!

i am sorry if i sound harsh...but seriously...as someone who has seen cancer and cancer treatment from up close and personal...it is quite offensive as to how the whole thing has been turned into a joke...and i am sure there must be others out there who feel the same way... 
as a doctor i feel this more and that's why i repeatedly keep on saying they need to be serious!!...and i agree you buddy!!!

having said this...it does not mean in any way that i m against the play on the whole..i am totally for it..i just feel that the cancer storyline and the play itself totally different..and while i enjoy the play i get irritated by the cancer track and feel that that isn't helping it in any way at all.. obviously the CVs know better...so kudos to them for TRPs or whatever...this was just my two pence worth...but they should have some sensitivity while dealing with such issues. 
even i wanted add my views...but definitely i am loving this show...for everything ...all i wanted is this show should reach next level ., it  should not fall down., instead they need to take bold steps and bold scenes and make the emotions grow according to her illness...its not always  we expects lovey dovey things., and yes we don't want rhona dhona scenes for her cancer...but still you can show the  real fighting's of jeevika for maanvi's cancer...for a reference they can take some ideas from this movie..MY SISTER'S KEEPER... there they show the emotional turmoils of everyone in the family including the girl...and the mother's fight against that disease was just awesome...though it got a sad ending still it makes us all feel of satisfaction..need be so realistic but at the same time., such foolish way of handling cancer can be stopped...Embarrassed...please i am not intend to hurt anyone.,sorry if i hurted anyone...Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

js1234ita_04poojaroy1985*Reemz*

ita_04

Goldie

ita_04

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 11:36am | IP Logged
u know what...it actually feels bad to see the show like this...it started out with so much promise...offered sumthing unique...n now i don't want 2 c it going down the drain lyk hundreds of other shows...if they can just treat this one matter seriously...with the care that it deserves...everyone would be satisfied...so much of criticism everywhere but m sure each of us just wants ehm to be the best n not just another run of the mill show...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

reshamcpoojaroy1985sindu_gurti..Jessie..*Reemz*

loveleen12

loveleen12

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Reemz*

Originally posted by loveleen12

Reemz I have replied to your topics before and read all of them, I am not going to type a whole lot here cuz I just did in Ayesha's thread. But one thing I would like to add that I didn't in the other thread was that I really think that this careless behaviour from Jeevika's side is to put more emphasis on the Virman LS, which is sad. The whole mumbai trip was indeed for the Love track. You know the Virman fans have waited for a long time, but that doesn't mean that you can do anything with the story and say that it is drama. It was cool showing Manvi fall in love with Virat while the cancer track is going forward but just like Jeevika, these CVs can only handle a single task or track at a time. Before Virika's wedding all three couples and most importantly the story was taken care of properly. The tracks and characters were being properly developed and Jeeman were not forgotten. This cancer track is supposed to be Jeeman's biggest track and the CVs are more concentrated on making Manvi jealous of Virat's doctor friend Ouch. I am really not enjoying how the story is moving forward, the cvs have completely butchered Virika's characters. Manvi gets irritating sometimes, like not telling the doctor symptoms was sheer stupidity. The only sensible one left is Virat, and all his actions are justified. I was waiting for Virika's reaction and care towards Manvi's cancer the most, but they have really disappointed me. Jeevika's initial reaction was bang on, but after that her character went downhill, they could have shown her struggle to juggle between Manvi and her family without making her look irresponsible. And as much as the Virika scene was cute, wrong timing and they are now supposed to be out of the tomato sauce mode. C'mon CVs show some consistency and logic please!

I am still pinning my hopes on the main story/Jeeman because there has to be more to it. If I didn't have any expectations then I wouldn't even bother rant for so long. I'd be out of here in no time but even if at present they want to concentrate on VM's budding love story, they should at least show Jeevika independently making more decisions regarding Manvi's treatment but she's passive which brings a downer on everything else. I don't think I'd be wrong in saying that a viewer connects to the essence of a  show and if that is missing then everything else will just fall apart. If the emphasis isn't on JM then neither VM or JV will work (that's my opinion because they're all interconnected).  Really really hope next week is better!
I totally agree with you at bold although my first reason to watch the show maybe Virika or Virman, I think that Jeeman lead upto these other two couples. If there is no Jeeman there can't be JV or VM. In order to make someone look greater and they don't have to make the other look inferior. In order to make people love the VM Love Story more they don't have to make everyone hate JM pure bond. The cvs are forgetting that this show is about the behnas, they should just end this cancer track they are just playing with people's emotions on the name drama. I honestly am a die-hard romantic but this show is my fave because it is not plain romance like other shows, I don't want to give up on this show but the way the cvs are going I don't think I will be able to watch it for long. I can bear alot of crap that tv serials show but there is a limit that they should not cross and the cvs are pretty close to crossing that limit, and when they do I will call it quits. Right now I am surviving on old Jeeman, Virman, Virika scenes that actually made sense. Sadly the cancer track was never handled properly so I decide to ignore the fact that Manvi has cancer. You know when Manvi had those fainting spells during JV's wedding I thought that the cvs have some great tracks ahead and all the tracks in the initial months were very nicely shown, so I had some great expectations from this illness track. I think we all did, but we only got disappointment.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

reshamcpoojaroy1985ita_04sindu_gurti*Reemz*

poojaroy1985

Goldie

poojaroy1985

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
Well I have been so bored that It took me so long to post. Agree with every bit of your post...everyone has said it all...just one point to add: two points that really bother me are 1. The time and again butchering of Jeevikas role and 2. The treatment of the cancer subject...most insensitive.

I would have any day preferred just viraman as the current track rather than have the treatment and a careless J around...would have at least avoided watching it for a week rather then see this whole track where the treatment is nowhere in sight and J...well she is not around too...somebody pls get back the old J for me.

I'm hoping it's a goof up and things will be back on track...I so hope they do. The CVs need a sound knock on thr heads...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ita_04sindu_gurti*Reemz*

Post Reply New Post

Go to top