Page 3 of 7

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 7
Page 4 Page 7

sindu_gurti

IF-Dazzler

sindu_gurti

Posted: 09 June 2012 at 11:54am | IP Logged
This is what i felt and tried to explain the other day...they need to be serious and bond every relationship very seriously...i feel CV'S are handling it very superficial...be it love/romance/sisters love/affection/or cancer...they need to be serious and give some matured scenes...just my pov...but still loving it ., loving the show to the core...but still something is lacking!!!!!Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

*Reemz*

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Be serious! Yes be serious :/ (Page 3)" in Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 6:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sabeeha

Originally posted by *Reemz*

I wrote the post out of anger so didn't even think of covering the points you made LOL! Another stupidity right...why was Jeevika shown sitting far away like an alien? Instead of planning their day out, why couldn't we have a scene where Jeevika asks to look at Manvi's bruises? Why couldn't we have tender Behna moments after Jeevika found out about the symptoms? Instead we get half hearted scenes which do nothing for the main story!

My initial doubt turned out right. This Mumbai trip wasn't really for the illness after all! Why bother using it as an excuse?

I don't watch eastenders but I remember when I saw one of my
Favourite characters in Hollyoaks die of cancer, it was handled so realistically! But in our Indian shows, we are too eager to please certain fan groups! But there is a timing for everything and unfortunately cvs arent getting that ATM :/

I can rant and rave about the looney CVs and their half assed script all day :L

It's all in the pursuit of fleshing out the characters is what I'm putting it down too. The mistake the CVs initially made about delaying the cancer truth three months is coming back to bite them in the butt. It's just messed up ALL the timings - like really it's been a full year since the Virika marriage which means Manvi's had cancer for more than that and in that amount of time only TWO chemo sessions... Wow, that's gonna do her a WHOLE lotta good. 

So I'm not gonna complain about the irrelevancy of the JeeMan-ess of this week and what will be next week because at the end of the day the CVs here have shot themselves in their own foot for the whole 'Virman LS 2014' thing. There's no escaping it now, it will happen and in that process, I fear that the essence of this show and the core issue is lost which most likely will happen. - PS: This isn't having a go at Virman shippers but more the incompitance of CVs; i.e. there's nothing wrong in wanting your couple to get together but in the big picture, yup everythings totally messed up.

I mean you said it there; what's the importance of Jeevika gonna be the next week other than a social commentary on Manvi's growing love for Virat and possibly opening her eyes to it all. Surely there must be something else? Heres hoping they actually have some sort of meaningful scenes next week.

Btw, are you on about Steph's cancer? That literally was a tear jerker. I wish some realism was kept in Indian TV coz it would just bring it to a whole new level. Like the 'Satyamev Jayate' is kicking off in India and it to some extent reminds me of Jezza Kyle. If something like that could be a real cultural milestone, why can't a show like this be where the storyline is not so unique but where the story is told so emotionally and accurately be a turning point for Indian TV?

Your last sentence says it all: TIMING! They've messed it up too much for it to actually fall back onto track. I really wanted to make a post about the timings of EHMMBH but haven't found the time (ironic much). Everythings too out of sync which means everythings really out of place hence to some degree the cancer seems too fanciful to seem real and the Virman LS seems to be happening to quickly and Virika are still stuck in honeymoon stage... Weird :S

With all due respect to the fangroups, when we all began watching this show, we all adored our respective couples right? This was without any input or demands from us fans. So obviously we were loving what we saw so my question is, why HURRY the process just because you don't have the patience? Why not try to see the bigger picture and understand that there is much more to this show than romance. As much as I love JM, I've never demanded a particular scene or moment for them because this is the writer's job not mine. I may end up offending people but the constant ask for jealousy tracks, intensity, rain dances etc etc makes me angry. Have you not already seen that in countless other serials and movies? Let the writers do their job like they had originally planned to. I guess it goes to show the weakness of the cvs who give in so easily. Or maybe I've grown too old and want to see something more than just romance :\

:( Yep Steph! I loved her character so much but to expect such sensitivity in Indian shows is asking for too much. I really thought the hospital scenes after J finds out the truth will be memorable and very heartbreaking but the first scene itself was such a downer.

Come to think of it, there is a slight rush in the VM story. We've only seen obvious signs from Manvi in the past week or so and next week she's going to realise it too. Even that I have no problem with but if it's going to sideline the MAIN story then I don't see how the cvs intend to proceed. Vireka need some drama lol! They have a few disagreements but then they're back to their honeymoon phase. Surely there must be more to them then the blush?!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

reshamcsabeehaBalamPichkaari

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 7:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AshhLuvVirman

Rofl...So I wasn't the only one who felt the whole hospital scene was lame!! ROFL Seemed like the trio came to hospital like a picnic or somethng!!No nervousness..No tension..Nothng!!

It was bland to the core. Maybe it was because of the rushed shooting but even then the scene should have been thought out carefully beforehand.

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 7:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweetsorrow18

I have to say, I was a little disgruntled by the lack of care in the hospital scenes...though I love the show to bits, there are times when its glaringly obvious that the scenes have not been worked through or thought out very much...the whole cancer track itself, is almost like a premise or foundation for the love story rather than the main track itself...

I would like to support Maanvi's characterization in that, she has never taken anything serious in life...besides her sister, nothing else has been serious to her...even her own cancer so how her mannerisms and characterization was portrayed in these scenes was to par because in essence, she's always been mellow, carefree and nonchalant about how sick she really is.

I was disappointed in how they showed Jeevika's character...she should have been more agitated, perhaps showing a scene of her pacing around in the doctors office or lobby would have been better...better yet, maybe showing the doctor all her research would have been active...but it almost seemed like the 3 were taking everything at face value...

I'm curious to see how much they enhance the cancer track now that they are at a cancer institute, i hope it goes deeper...i understand they're trying to bring out Maanvi's love as well...and I think what the CV's are trying to go for here is "a young girl with a terminal illness falls in love, but will she be able to love?" - i don't think CV's are concerned with the mechanics of cancer and are rather giving us those technicalities simply because we are asking...they're more interested in how a girl with a terminal illness deals with love and yes, I am interested in that too however I agree that viewers need a balance between filler scenes, love scenes and real scenes that are important to the illness.

Right now the cancer does seem like a premise for VM's love story and that's not a good sign for the show in it's entirety. Maybe it is a passing phase just to show Manvi falling for Virat and also Jeevika's appreciation towards their bond too but the timing is wrong. VirMan aren't running away anywhere but right now we should be seeing Jeevika taking charge of the treatment angle especially when she just found out. If the main premise of the show is misguided then nothing will work, not JeeMan, not VirMan and nor Vireka.

Both Virat and Jeevika have supposedly done their research but when the doctor was reciting the symptoms, both were acting as if they haven't come across these facts when it's one of the first things you research right? 

Edited by *Reemz* - 10 June 2012 at 7:08am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

reshamcpoojaroy1985

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 7:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by reshamc

Reemz, I never reply to your posts...but believe me, I make sure to read all of them.Smile

You are very sensitive with your words. Personally, I am not a Behna fan...but your posts make me love the JeeMan bondEmbarrassed  Thank you so much! I'd love to read your views more often even if they aren't in agreement in what I've said. I know I tend to go a bit over the top at times lol.

Originally posted by *Reemz*

We are talking about cancer right? Today was supposed to be an important doctors appointment but do we get to see? 

- Manvi getting jealous all of a sudden when couple of days back she had joked about Virat's love life. I don't deny that she is in love with Virat but why was this scene necessary just before a serious scene? For goodness sake Manvi, you must feel some sort of nervousness?!
I have been harping about this for God knows how long! Okay we get she is a lively person and wants to live every moment. But she is a human after all, surely she must have some doubts about CANCER. She is bound to have some recurring thoughts about the possible turn-of-events?? What if she does not make it??? If you are not bothered about yourself, at least show her fear for Jeevika and rest of family. What will happen to them once she is gone??? Do the CV's say a cancer patient never thinks about her death??? Let's take Aman from KHNH as an example. He was really full of live, made others laugh but they did show his fear. Remember when his mother asked 'Tumhe darr nahin lagta?', Aman secretly crossed his fingers and said 'No'. Of course he was scared but he hid it. Manvi shouldn't stop her chirpiness but I think we need one scene (hopefully with Jeevika if the writers have sense) where she expresses her fears even if it is indirectly.

- The doctors scene itself was probably something I've seen in any other average Desi drama where I hear the typical dialogues. Where are these new reports coming from now? Is Manvi getting more tests done? I guess we will never know because tests just randomly pop out of the hospital records.
Maanvi's treatment has been going downhill ever since she came to Chandigarh. I still don't know what exactly have Viren and Jeevika done to exactly take care of her??? I don't consider the juice, medicine and boiled food as taking care. Swamini Bua had said M will get better medical facilities in Chandigarh as compared to Rishikesh...which is true, But have they ever taken Mannu to a hospital there??? We saw J asking Dr. M to give contact details of Dr.Bakshi...but has she done a follow-up on that???  There are too many loopholes in thereConfused It's all been thrown up in the air and as a viewer we don't know what to think. Even the Rishikesh family could have taken Manvi to Mumbai but the reason why Jeevika kept Manvi with her is because Chandigarh is supposed to have better facilities. How long do they plan to stay in Mumbai? It's great seeing the foursome together but the other characters are also needed. If Viren joins them, how long will he ignore his work for? All this only tells me that this Mumbai trip was not needed treatment purposes at least.

-Jeevika: Why isn't she taking charge? Or is it just to show how Virat cares for Manvi? I thought the whole point of Jeevika finding out is so she can take charge but she was quiet most of the time. Plus no reaction on the bruises? No questions to Manvi as to where they are? I maybe the only one but I was gobsmacked when they put in a Vireka 'romantic' conversation at that point. Dude you've just come out from what should have been a very serious conversation with the Doctor regarding your sisters CANCER and what do you? Blush over the phone with your husband. As a standalone scene it would have been fine but the timing was wrong and it's about time Vireka go past this honeymoon stage.
I adored that conversation...but definetly the timing was wrong! Also, in Ayesha's thread...someone had mentioned Why is Jeevika not worried about M's treament when she was going all star-struck on seeing Mumbai???? Instead of laughing away in the car, she should have had fearful thoughts about the impending doctor appointment.

You may not like this, But I have been highly pissed at Jeevika for very long now. Putting Mannu on bed-arrest, loosing all focus on Viren and family, hurting yourself to take care for her, waking up all night to gather info...but don't take any action on the info u have got - there have been some major butchering of her character. J has always had an assertive character...yes she was soft-spoken but she took steps when it matterd. Case in point, The necklace fiasco with Swaimin, Mannu attending her marriage...I do not get why she has been suddenly turned into such a weak character.

They've made her very weak. I expected her to become very vulnerable at first because she cannot obtain strength straight away after hearing about her sister's cancer BUT those initial glimpses that we got of the assertive Jeevika have been long lost somewhere. I think everyone remembers how she stopped Beeji from attacking Manvi. THAT is the Jeevika I want to see and maybe a stupid part of me is still expecting to see it because as of now everyone seems supportive of Jeevika and Manvi.

-This isn't a cold, it's cancer. Recently they've taken entire seriousness away from the illness! I remember I used to get goosebumps even at the mention of the symptoms but instead of giving it the attention it should, the cancer is being treated way too lightly!
Remember what J said...bas thode dino ki baat hai, ek baar Mannu thik ho jaaye, phir mera pura waqt aapke aur humaare parivaar ke liye hoga Virenji.  That iself shows what the CV's think about this Cancer track...thode dino ki baatOuch

Thode din..thode din! DUDE CANCER IS NOT A MATTER OF FEW DAYS! This is not me being a sadist but I actually hope Manvi's cancer does get worse because I'm fed up of seeing the casual attitude from the characters.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

reshamcMizchiefmakerita_04poojaroy1985

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 7:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ..Manal..

The way cancer is being treated pisses me off !! @ the same time it makes me Laugh ! Reason why it pisses me off ! I have Seen many people suffer from Cancer in my family ! I have seen people go thru worst in 1st stage it self ! the weakness !! but here its like Cancer is a flu Confused !! 

and reason it pisses me off ! is the Way her treatment is happening n HOW even after every1 knows about her cancer, she is still hiding things tht she is going thru ! like y-day in hospital ! WHO hides things from their doctor who is treating thm !! 

No im not liking anything about this track ! CVs have made Cancer sound like some flu !! AYA / CHALA GAYA !! 

No cv's we not bunch of idiots ! we have seen people go thru cancer ! !we have seen how tht person is !! 

That's why the writers should think before picking such a sensitive subject. Cancer effects mostly everyone and it's appalling to see how these symptoms come and go for the convenience of 'drama'. It doesn't work like that!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

poojaroy1985

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 7:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ita_04

the sad thing is the mumbai trip seems introduced to take forward the virman ls...i luv their story n personally have no agenda against them...it needs to progress but in making virat a responsible lover jeevika is being turned into a thick headed sister...

the chandigarh scenes if not nething else atleast had jeevika mortally terrified of mannu's condition...the practical aspect lyk visiting docs was absent but the care n love was brought out nicely...the nightmare itself gave me shivers...
but mumbai has knocked off jeevika's senses totally...she seems to be in a fangirlish mode...either excited about going around the city n shopping or missing virenji...lyk yesterday when she just forgot to catch up about the details of the symptoms with manvi it just beat me...

this mumbai darshan which is obviously for virman is alrite with me but everything else regarding the illness is unacceptable...n even then i cant imagine how she'll be scampering all over mumbai at this tym of the year in this condition of health...manan seems forgotten n i have no idea how dr bakshi was just not consulted before removing his patient from his care...the reports dropped out of thin air i guess bcoz never seen anyone go to collect them from dr.bakshi...they are making a farce of the disease...i just want manvi's condition to degrade asap...nothing else can salvage this track.

I know Mon-Tues will be about Manvi getting jealous of Seema but after that if they do not show some SERIOUS progress regarding this illness then I may just give up hope. This is not the time to give Jeevika the backseat. We had been waiting MONTHS for this point and if they're going to show J as a mere spectator then what do I look forward to in the story? Fine Manvi and Virat fall in love but what does that do for the REAL story? 

Manan had/has so much potential but even he's disappeared. This show has so much potential but they really need to get their priorities right.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

reshamcpoojaroy1985ita_04

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 10 June 2012 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Pj-

Everyone has pretty much summed out everything I want to say.  

I feel like screaming at the screen sometimes, because of the lack appreciation for the disease that they have put on Maanvi. Those powerful initial scenes regarding the cancer are going to waste simply because the writers can't get their butts into gear. I have no idea why this Mumbai track was introduced, if it was solely for Virat and Maanvi love story, well that could have been done in Chandigarh; there was no need to shift the story to Mumbai. God knows why they even went there, if it was for treatment then couldn't they have done at least one session in Chandigarh itself before determining that Maanvi needs better treatment. Who says Mumbai is better? Dr Bakshi seemed competent, this doctor seems arrogant. I won't start on the whole doctor scene that was just bad on all fronts.   

Everything was a miss yesterday from beginning to end. The scenes when they got back home were random, Jeevika and Maanvi's scene, was irritating. For the sole reason that it was too light given the gravity for the situation they are in. Yes Virat cares for her, but there are other pressing issues in hand.         

PS. Just a thought, however, I think that have my hopes a bit high. Do the writers have some grand scheme in the works, to eventually show, how delaying treatment has serious effects on ones outcome. As I said I doubt it, but you never know.  

@Bold: Most probably expecting too much Pj but I hope so too because the way they're going about it all is just pathetic. Moving from one doctor to another and delaying treatment endlessly MUST take it's toll and I hope Manvi's reports do come out negative (God knows how the results were obtained in the first place).

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

poojaroy1985-Pj-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top