Page 2 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 3 Page 7

ita_04

Goldie

ita_04

Posted: 09 June 2012 at 1:11am | IP Logged
the sad thing is the mumbai trip seems introduced to take forward the virman ls...i luv their story n personally have no agenda against them...it needs to progress but in making virat a responsible lover jeevika is being turned into a thick headed sister...

the chandigarh scenes if not nething else atleast had jeevika mortally terrified of mannu's condition...the practical aspect lyk visiting docs was absent but the care n love was brought out nicely...the nightmare itself gave me shivers...
but mumbai has knocked off jeevika's senses totally...she seems to be in a fangirlish mode...either excited about going around the city n shopping or missing virenji...lyk yesterday when she just forgot to catch up about the details of the symptoms with manvi it just beat me...

this mumbai darshan which is obviously for virman is alrite with me but everything else regarding the illness is unacceptable...n even then i cant imagine how she'll be scampering all over mumbai at this tym of the year in this condition of health...manan seems forgotten n i have no idea how dr bakshi was just not consulted before removing his patient from his care...the reports dropped out of thin air i guess bcoz never seen anyone go to collect them from dr.bakshi...they are making a farce of the disease...i just want manvi's condition to degrade asap...nothing else can salvage this track.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sari2reshamcjs1234poojaroy1985*Reemz*

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Be serious! Yes be serious :/ (Page 2)" in Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Pj-

IF-Rockerz

-Pj-

Posted: 09 June 2012 at 2:15am | IP Logged

Everyone has pretty much summed out everything I want to say.  

I feel like screaming at the screen sometimes, because of the lack appreciation for the disease that they have put on Maanvi. Those powerful initial scenes regarding the cancer are going to waste simply because the writers can't get their butts into gear. I have no idea why this Mumbai track was introduced, if it was solely for Virat and Maanvi love story, well that could have been done in Chandigarh; there was no need to shift the story to Mumbai. God knows why they even went there, if it was for treatment then couldn't they have done at least one session in Chandigarh itself before determining that Maanvi needs better treatment. Who says Mumbai is better? Dr Bakshi seemed competent, this doctor seems arrogant. I won't start on the whole doctor scene that was just bad on all fronts.   

Everything was a miss yesterday from beginning to end. The scenes when they got back home were random, Jeevika and Maanvi's scene, was irritating. For the sole reason that it was too light given the gravity for the situation they are in. Yes Virat cares for her, but there are other pressing issues in hand.         

PS. Just a thought, however, I think that have my hopes a bit high. Do the writers have some grand scheme in the works, to eventually show, how delaying treatment has serious effects on ones outcome. As I said I doubt it, but you never know.  

Edited by -Pj- - 09 June 2012 at 2:25am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

js1234poojaroy1985*Reemz*

..Jessie..

IF-Dazzler

..Jessie..

Posted: 09 June 2012 at 2:34am | IP Logged
every body has totally put all the points...i am still dont have much eager to look fwd ...the balance is totally lacking and of course the cancer track has get more tightened !!!!!!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

poojaroy1985*Reemz*

sari2

Groupbie

sari2

Posted: 09 June 2012 at 9:43am | IP Logged
hello reemz  im new member and xxl jeeman fan.Smile i love yr post .u r our star superwalaSmileStar btw writers bar bar badlega to yahi hoga .Cry jago cv jago Angrykahi der na ho jaye

poojaroy1985*Reemz*

shabsem

Goldie

shabsem

Posted: 09 June 2012 at 10:54am | IP Logged
cancer is nt taken serioursly at all. .thats ridiculous. manvi should nt hide anythng 4rm doctor aftr all its cancer nt just a flu..

poojaroy1985*Reemz*

loveleen12

Goldie

loveleen12

Posted: 09 June 2012 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Reemz I have replied to your topics before and read all of them, I am not going to type a whole lot here cuz I just did in Ayesha's thread. But one thing I would like to add that I didn't in the other thread was that I really think that this careless behaviour from Jeevika's side is to put more emphasis on the Virman LS, which is sad. The whole mumbai trip was indeed for the Love track. You know the Virman fans have waited for a long time, but that doesn't mean that you can do anything with the story and say that it is drama. It was cool showing Manvi fall in love with Virat while the cancer track is going forward but just like Jeevika, these CVs can only handle a single task or track at a time. Before Virika's wedding all three couples and most importantly the story was taken care of properly. The tracks and characters were being properly developed and Jeeman were not forgotten. This cancer track is supposed to be Jeeman's biggest track and the CVs are more concentrated on making Manvi jealous of Virat's doctor friend Ouch. I am really not enjoying how the story is moving forward, the cvs have completely butchered Virika's characters. Manvi gets irritating sometimes, like not telling the doctor symptoms was sheer stupidity. The only sensible one left is Virat, and all his actions are justified. I was waiting for Virika's reaction and care towards Manvi's cancer the most, but they have really disappointed me. Jeevika's initial reaction was bang on, but after that her character went downhill, they could have shown her struggle to juggle between Manvi and her family without making her look irresponsible. And as much as the Virika scene was cute, wrong timing and they are now supposed to be out of the tomato sauce mode. C'mon CVs show some consistency and logic please!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

reshamcjs1234..Jessie..ifyaa*Reemz*

.Farzi.

Viewbie

.Farzi.

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 09 June 2012 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Reemz*

We are talking about cancer right? Today was supposed to be an important doctors appointment but do we get to see?

- Manvi getting jealous all of a sudden when couple of days back she had joked about Virat's love life. I don't deny that she is in love with Virat but why was this scene necessary just before a serious scene? For goodness sake Manvi, you must feel some sort of nervousness?!

I think the CVs wanna hurry up with the Manvi realising her love for Virat track, cause of which they're inserting such stuff in inappropriate places. I even found the dinner invitation rather weird. I mean, they've gone to consult the doctor for Manvi's CANCER, not influenza or viral fever. And here everyone's so chilled out about it? WTH?

- The doctors scene itself was probably something I've seen in any other average Desi drama where I hear the typical dialogues. Where are these new reports coming from now? Is Manvi getting more tests done? I guess we will never know because tests just randomly pop out of the hospital records .

That was just a normal, repetitive doc-patient scene. Doc asks questions, patient replies, doc says he needs some more tests, regardless of the 50K tests that the patient has undergone, patient and relatives get all worked up, yadda yadda yadda. 

-Jeevika: Why isn't she taking charge? Or is it just to show how Virat cares for Manvi? I thought the whole point of Jeevika finding out is so she can take charge but she was quiet most of the time. Plus no reaction on the bruises? No questions to Manvi as to where they are? I maybe the only one but I was gobsmacked when they put in a Vireka 'romantic' conversation at that point. Dude you've just come out from what should have been a very serious conversation with the Doctor regarding your sisters CANCER and what do you? Blush over the phone with your husband. As a standalone scene it would have been fine but the timing was wrong and it's about time Vireka go past this honeymoon stage.

Bingo! I could have honestly punched Jeevika in the face when she had that oh-so-romantic convo with her husband. I mean, mauke ki nazaakat ko samjho! You've just heard stuff about how your sister is suffering, the doc has asked for more tests, and here you're romancing your husband? Where did the excessive love for Manvi go? Why is Jeevika so freaking bipolar regarding such stuff? And IK that the CVs are trying to show how Virat is taking charge and doing everything for Manvi, shouldn't Jeevika at least TRY and do something? Forget that. She always hated the concept of Virat falling for Mannu. And now, out of the blues, she's all smiley and inwardly happy about how Virat takes care of Manvi and does so much for her? Where did the sudden change come from?

-This isn't a cold, it's cancer. Recently they've taken entire seriousness away from the illness! I remember I used to get goosebumps even at the mention of the symptoms but instead of giving it the attention it should, the cancer is being treated way too lightly!

I've been thinking the same thing lately. IK that the CVs wanna show Manvi's positive attitude and optimism, but why are they treating the entire thing so lightly? I think the fact that they're trying to infuse the love track with this cancer track is kinda killing it. I'm not denying that the love scenes aren't cute, but the juxtaposition of these scenes are is horribly wrong.

reshamc*Reemz*

Farikina

IF-Dazzler

Farikina

Posted: 09 June 2012 at 11:48am | IP Logged
I don't know what else to add on to what already has been said! It's offending to me how they are showing cancer to be! Honestly if they show things changing and taking cancer seriously, I'm going to stop watching the show until this track ends! For a lot of people, cancer is personal. I have lost family members to it... My cousin just finished her treatment few months ago! It's not a bloody joke!

poojaroy1985*Reemz*

Post Reply New Post

Go to top