Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whatthewhat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: RadhaHiBawari

Ok, to settle this once and for all. Sati is Parvati and Parvati is Sati.
Both of them are a form of Adishakti, the supreme energy of the universe. Adishakti is the divine consort of Shiva, but since she is "energy" and he is "atman," they can only be joined when they are incarnated as Shiva and Devi. So how can you even say that Shivji loved one incarnation of Adishakti over the other? They are both one and the same!

And as per your so called "chemistry," let me inform you that there are beautiful kathas of Shiv and Parvati which are just as manmohak as those of Sati and Shiv. And please don't refer to the love of Shiv and Shakti as chemistry. I find that to be a bit derogatory as that word is most often used to refer to soap opera jodis.

I hope I didn't hurt anyone's sentiments as I said this.

@BOLD: 👏 👏 👏
Thank you sooo much for saying this!  I could not agree more.
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Reshma,

Ravan had insulted Sita, that was the main reason for his death along with his accumulated sins.
As per DP, Goddess Katyayani was in Lanka. When Ravan brought Sita in Lanka, Goddess Katyayani left his city. Because of her presence in Lanka Ravan was not defeated in war till then.
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mouniroyforever

Oh well, I think that Mahadev loved Sati sooo much that when she died he couldn't handle himself, but when she reincarnates Parvati, he didn't wanted to feel the same like before if same thing happened to Parvati so he didn't loved her that much as he did to Sati.I also think that Sati being his first wife, he loved her more and even before Bramha said that Sati was Adi Shakti, Mahadev already started to loving her. After his marrige with Sati, made him love Sati more. For me, he never loved any other woman more then Sati!

Uff Shruti ,meenaxi please please please close this thread. My blood is boiling now. I may say some thing nasty
Edited by NandiniPS - 11 years ago
patakha-guddi thumbnail
shiv loves both parvati and sati equally
coz they BOTH are two different forms of adi shakti
bangalores thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
sorry in advance as i do not mean to hurt anyone's sentiments...but from  reading the Shivkathas and watching the show...i get the feeling that the union of Shiv- Parvathy was more like a union of equals than Shiv-sati where Mahadev appeared to be the more dominant yet indulgent partner.
the human traits were more dominant in Sati who was more childlike and influenced by emotions...
But Parvathi seems more mature and steady in her aim i.e to marry Mahadev... and she applied herself to overcome the obtacles placed in her path just to atttain that.
may be being torn apart from his consort twice Mahadev too didn't want to expose himself to the pain again and pushed Parvathi to be 'yogya' for him.
once again i am not expressing my views as a devotee but as a mere layman...so sorry again if i hurt anyone.
i do feel the question of asking if Mahadev loved his other half in one or the other form does seem a bit too odd😲... implies God is attracted to human attributes like physical appearance Edited by bangalores - 11 years ago