Is there a reason they "changed" Bhabasa's name?

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Hi everyone,
I finally managed to catch up on all the DABH episodes, yay! (back to back within the last 2 months)

I have a question about Bhabasa's name, though.
In the actual show, his name seems to be Bhavarlal Rathi, although its not mentioned as much as Bhabo's name.

A few times his name has been revealed/used include:

1) When Chotu found a food container from the house in Suraj's shop and went to return it to the house (this was when Sandhya tried to cook halwa and Suraj exchanged her halwa for some that he cooked in the shop) - the container had "Bhavarlal Rathi" written on it in Hindi. Chotu read it out loud and that's how he identified that it belonged to the Rathi house,

2) When we saw Chavi's birth certificate (when she lost it and Sandhya found it on the floor and gave it to her) - her father's name is listed as "Bhavarlal Rathi".

3) When they went to Maasa's village, Maasa called Bhabasa by his name Bhavarlal, and she also called Bhabo "Bhavar ki beendni". (Episodes in February 2012)

I don't think anyone has called him by his name since then.

Ok, so in the show his first name seems to be Bhavarlal, but then how come in awards shows his character name is given as "Arun Rathi"? In the Star Parivaar Awards (March 2012) his name was "Arun Rathi", and also lately, in the Indian Television Awards nominations, Anas's character name was "Sooraj Arun Rathi" and Neelu's was "Santosh Arun Rathi".
I don't think anyone has actually called him Arun in the show itself.

So, is his name supposed to be Bhavarlal (as seen in the show) or Arun (as in awards shows)?
It looks like I missed something somewhere, which has led to my confusion. πŸ˜•

EDIT: I watched some of the older episodes again, and they have actually referred to Bhabasa as Arun Rathi in the show itself (in written form, but not with anyone actually saying his name) in an episode in December 2011. But then they changed his name back to Bhavarlal during the episodes featuring Maasa (February 2012), and now have changed it back to Arun in the show in written form (June 2012)!

This is what I have written in my second post on page 2 of this thread:

Hi guys,
Just been catching up on a couple of the latest episodes online that I missed out on recently, and something related to Bhabasa's name caught my eye!

I went and watched the episode that Bhabo was arrested in again (from 26 December 2011), and when we first see the police report (when Chavi is reading it), the person the complaint is against is listed as "Mrs Santosh Rathi, wife of Bhavarlal Rathi". But then in the very next episode (27 December 2011), when Sandhya goes to talk to Preeti's husband for legal help, we see the report again and it now says "Mrs Santosh Rathi, wife of Arun Rathi"! 

So it looks like they did actually change Bhabasa's name from Bhavarlal to Arun in the actual show in Decemeber, but then changed it back to Bhavarlal in February/March (because Maasa called him Bhavarlal, not Arun)!

Now, in the episode of 1 June 2012 (which I missed and so just caught up on), when Sandhya hears the name "Kasturba Naik Hospital" from Chaturi and thinks it sounds familiar and then goes to look at the police report that she has in a folder in the cupboard, the name of the person the complaint is against is "Mrs Santosh Rathi, wife of Arun Rathi". (This report is exactly the same one as we saw in the 27 December 2011 episode - I guess they made 2 prop reports for using in the show, and the second one is the one they stuck with)

So, it appears that after having him initially named "Bhavarlal Rathi" in the show, then changed to "Arun Rathi" in the show and then back to Bhavarlal again, and then after that being referred to as "Arun Rathi" in awards shows/nomination lists, they actually have changed his name to Arun Rathi again in the DABH show itself!

So, currently Bhabasa's name is Arun Rathi.

I hope they won't keep changing it back and forth - that's just weird!

At least we know what his name is supposed to be now! πŸ˜•

I guess we know why Bhabasa is so tired/generally lazy - keeping track of what his name actually is is tiring!!! πŸ˜‰
Edited by A-A-S - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

navyaalex8 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
gr8 catch...maybe he has 3 names? dunno...
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
no ideas..need 2 watch previous epis
Natasha_shaikh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Great observation.. Hmmm no idea maybe Cvs also forget the name πŸ˜†
A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: June_Anne_Mary

no ideas..need 2 watch previous epis

Hi June_Anne_Mary, πŸ˜Š
I don't think that will help much - that's exactly what I have done over the last 2 months (watching several episodes every day), and no one has ever called him Arun! πŸ˜•
Edited by A-A-S - 11 years ago
vish.naren thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
a real blooper from CVs! good observation!!
Priya_SD thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Yup I've noticed that too! It's probably a blooper.. also, in yesterday's episode, Suraj read the HouseFull sign, which was in English. Since when can he read English? lol.. CVs need to fix all these bloopers πŸ˜†
pkaur92 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Priya_SD

Yup I've noticed that too! It's probably a blooper.. also, in yesterday's episode, Suraj read the HouseFull sign, which was in English. Since when can he read English? lol.. CVs need to fix all these bloopers πŸ˜†

He can read SOME english!

He has studied till 9th standard so m sure he knows a bit, but he obv cant read alot!!
Sugarush thumbnail
Originally posted by: Priya_SD

Yup I've noticed that too! It's probably a blooper.. also, in yesterday's episode, Suraj read the HouseFull sign, which was in English. Since when can he read English? lol.. CVs need to fix all these bloopersπŸ˜†

I thought the same too as he can't even say thank you properly but can read the house full sign in English πŸ˜‰
Sugarush thumbnail
Here's another blooper - Sandy whilst saying sorry to Suraj near the cinema hall didn't have the bandage in her hand but as soon as she reached Rathi's house her bandage was there!!!!! How did that happen?