Celebrity Fan Clubs

Game Of Thrones FC - 'Winter is Coming' (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 150

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 13 June 2012 at 8:25am | IP Logged
Hi Wuthering *waves* Nice to see you here as well :-)

I think I'm totally done with NBT waise bhi...and GOT is really interesting me right now.

@Jzee: Oh that's a blogpost on Tyrion? I'll check it out soon once I'm done with the epis hopefully :-)

@Amy: LOL@ Tyrion being brain candy...the guy deffo has the best dialogues in the show at this point.

----------------------------------------

Watched the second epi last night...not a good idea to watch it at night cuz I went into depression after watching that direwolf be killed...waise bhi the direwolves were SO awesome in the epi given the way Bran's direwolf protected him and then Aarya's protected her...

I HATE those Lannisters or whatever their names are...especially that bitchy queen who's having an affair with her own brother or something, is it? *pukes*

Anyways, lots of stuff happening in this epi...LOVED the opening scene with Tyrion slapping that good for nothing nephew of hisLOL...seriously awesome character he is...and then the way it continues on with him going to breakfast and having that convo with his siblings...are they really related? He seems to be the only good person in that entire family of evil ppl. Love his sarcasm as he trades that back and forth with his brother and says that he loves his family...He seems to know what they are upto.

Lady Stark waiting by Bran's bedside all that while...felt so sad for her.

Jon Snow joining the Night Watch...seems like he wants to prove himself and BELONG...interesting convo of his with one of those Lannister brothers...

Anyways, I'm loving the convos b/w Jon and Tyrion...Tyrion is one of those observers in a sense...and seems intrigued by Jon which is why he keeps asking him questions too I guess...deliberately calling him bas***d and then Jon also responds by calling him dwarf...lol...in a sense Tyrion is an interesting narrator of this universe too with the way he describes everything with an underlying cynicism or sarcasm.

That LOSER son of the Lannister Queen...HATED what he did to Aarya and then cuz of HIM only that direwolf had to be beheaded...

Oh speaking of the direwolves...I loved that scene earlier in the epi when Aarya  is trying to show off to Jon that she's trained her direwolf...Nimeria was her name, was it? That was so cute...lol...these wolves are like MEGA ADORABLE...and I guess the Jon-Aarya hug in that scene is the one in Amy's sigbox too.

They haven't shown Jon's direwolf all grown up yet...have seen the ones for the others I guess.

The relationships are interesting...Lady Stark obviously can't stand Jon cuz he's a symbol of her husband's infidelity...but the other Stark children all seem to treat him as their own...they seem close...and even if Jon himself says he's not a Stark sometimes, his father does say that to him...I'm intrigued to know about his mother and what the history there is.

And Bran opening his eyes at the end of the epi...interesting...looking forward to epi 3 now.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

without-fathomMaz.Nymeria

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Game Of Thrones FC - 'Winter is Coming' (Page 9)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 13 June 2012 at 8:31am | IP Logged
Oh a question though...can someone give me a general idea of all the kingdoms in this story? Like I understand there's Winterfell and King's Landing...but which kingdom is that other girl from who got sold by her brother to the savage king so that he could raise an army to go get his throne or something? 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Maz.Nymeria

Maz.

IF-Rockerz

Maz.

Posted: 13 June 2012 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Nur!.. So glad you are enjoying the show!.. Yes there is so much happening in it...right at the beginning it is really difficult to keep up with the names of characters and places also...lol.. I guess the first 3-4 episodes just sets the pace...the real action begins after that..

And Tyrion is the mass favorite!Cool ...Jon snow is like Amy very rightly put...mostly eye candy only...LOL... the mop of hair and the british accent just adds to it  :P LOL..

------------

Wuthering ..yay! you made it here Hug      LOL @ the night is dark and full of terrors...Melisandre and her redness and fire...hehehe..

Hoping to see more of you around!

JZ/Wuthering... LOL Spam away re...die hard Spain fans you guys are.. hehe...they sure do have some wonderful talented personalities...hopefully it pays off well third time round too.. Ooh I like Germany as well...good team.

@Daenerys...Mru is extremely Anti-Dany...LOLLOL... dragon lady she calls her...read her post after you are done with the season. I think the character itself is not bad and is quite strong...for me here the problem is with the actress...she doesn't come of as convincing enough in many of her scenes...though I did connect with her a little in the finale of S2.

@cover pic on twitter etc...LOL...she is supposed to be this really strong female character in the books...I guess that is why...but so far there hasn't been much impact on the show from her side...for me the 2 best female characters in the show are Arya and Cersei.

While watching fan videos on YT...I happened to read and see videos where people pair Jon and Dany ...you know like Ice and Fire...no idea whether it really goes that way...but I am so not for it at the moment. LOL..

NymeriaAreYaar

Maz.

IF-Rockerz

Maz.

Posted: 13 June 2012 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Oh a question though...can someone give me a general idea of all the kingdoms in this story? Like I understand there's Winterfell and King's Landing...but which kingdom is that other girl from who got sold by her brother to the savage king so that he could raise an army to go get his throne or something? 

That other girl and her brother are Targaryens...like the Starks this is another family that used to be once upon a time very powerful because they had dragons and they ruled the realm, but now the family has been defeated (and Ned Stark and Robert, the current king were among those who defeated them) and almost no one left except these two...and they are on the other side of Westeros...Westeros is the whole continent basically..

Right now they are in a place which is inhabited by the people called the Dothraki...and she gets sold  to the Dothraki king...Khal Drogo is his name. They are on a mission to cross the Narrow Sea and get to Kings Landing and claim the Throne which is rightfully theirs.

Edited by Maz. - 13 June 2012 at 8:45am

NymeriaAreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 13 June 2012 at 8:49am | IP Logged
Thanks for the info, MazzyHug

Maybe I should watch like 5-6 epis in one go and then post hereLOL...I guess too much has happened since the story began and you guys are far ahead anyways.

That Khal Drogo looks like Khali in some ways...lol

Ahh so this Westeros is a continent? And all these kingdoms are on the continent? I see.

Maz.Nymeria

Nymeria

IF-Sizzlerz

Nymeria

Posted: 13 June 2012 at 8:59am | IP Logged

I HATE those Lannisters or whatever their names are...especially that bitchy queen who's having an affair with her own brother or something, is it? *pukes*
LOL Oh yeah TWINCEST. ewww!
@bitchy queen--- yup that's Cersei and wait and watch, she gets a whole lot bitchier as the episodes come by. I like the way Lena Headey plays the character...she makes you want to bitchslap her one moment and then there are times when you see that there's vulnerability to this character as well. She dipping deeper in to the mess she herself brought on. Tyrion sees that very clearly and I like the way they show their sibling relationship. Tyrion might come off as a self-centered person (that's what others say about him) on the outside but Cersei is much more self-centered.

Anyways, lots of stuff happening in this epi...LOVED the opening scene with Tyrion slapping that good for nothing nephew of hisLOL...seriously awesome character he is...and then the way it continues on with him going to breakfast and having that convo with his siblings...are they really related? He seems to be the only good person in that entire family of evil ppl. Love his sarcasm as he trades that back and forth with his brother and says that he loves his family...He seems to know what they are upto. Oh there's more whacks coming his way.LOL Joeffery is one heck of a airhead...a viciously idiotic monster created by his mother. Yes,Tyrion is the real younger brother to the twins. I wouldn't call him necessarily "good" but yeah he's definitely not in the league of his siblings. He's well-read and he uses his brain rather than the sword or the female charm as in the case of Jamie and Cersei. He knows how to play the "game" as he himself says in one of the episodes. His wit is his best weapon. Others show their power by swinging their swords around, Tyrion does it with his wit and sarcasm. Cool

Anyways, I'm loving the convos b/w Jon and Tyrion...Tyrion is one of those observers in a sense...and seems intrigued by Jon which is why he keeps asking him questions too I guess...deliberately calling him bas***d and then Jon also responds by calling him dwarf...lol...in a sense Tyrion is an interesting narrator of this universe too with the way he describes everything with an underlying cynicism or sarcasm.
Oh I LOVED Tyrion-Jon moment. Tyrion's words might come off as caustic at first but there's so much more than just the literal meaning to it. In a way, Tyrion's been through what Jon is going through despite being born as a true son.
@bold--- Oh I love how you said this. A cynical narrator/ observer.

That LOSER son of the Lannister Queen...HATED what he did to Aarya and then cuz of HIM only that direwolf had to be beheaded...Oh you'll be spewing LOOSER and much more towards him as you progress through the season.

Oh speaking of the direwolves...I loved that scene earlier in the epi when Aarya  is trying to show off to Jon that she's trained her direwolf...Nimeria was her name, was it? That was so cute...lol...these wolves are like MEGA ADORABLE...and I guess the Jon-Aarya hug in that scene is the one in Amy's sigbox too.
direwolves are SUPER ADORABLE. 
@Nimeria-- you got that right!  I loved the scene where she pushes it to escape. Awww. All because of that stupid JoefferyAngry.
@Arya-Jon hug--- yup that's it. The one and only Jon-Arya momentErmm

The relationships are interesting...Lady Stark obviously can't stand Jon cuz he's a symbol of her husband's infidelity...but the other Stark children all seem to treat him as their own...they seem close...and even if Jon himself says he's not a Stark sometimes, his father does say that to him...I'm intrigued to know about his mother and what the history there is. me too. We still haven't gotten anything about his mother or his past.

Maz.AreYaar

Maz.

IF-Rockerz

Maz.

Posted: 13 June 2012 at 9:01am | IP Logged

Watched the second epi last night...not a good idea to watch it at night cuz I went into depression after watching that direwolf be killed...waise bhi the direwolves were SO awesome in the epi given the way Bran's direwolf protected him and then Aarya's protected her...  Awww yea the wolves were so lovely...but just to cheer you up, the boys will still have their direwolves with them and yes they will grow up

I HATE those Lannisters or whatever their names are...especially that bitchy queen who's having an affair with her own brother or something, is it? *pukes*   LOL their incest thing is gross yea! LOL..they are twins just so you know...hehe

Anyways, lots of stuff happening in this epi...LOVED the opening scene with Tyrion slapping that good for nothing nephew of hisLOL...seriously awesome character he is...and then the way it continues on with him going to breakfast and having that convo with his siblings...are they really related? He seems to be the only good person in that entire family of evil ppl. Love his sarcasm as he trades that back and forth with his brother and says that he loves his family...He seems to know what they are upto. Yea Tyrion is the real brother of Cersei and Jaime.. the children are Cersei's kids..

Anyways, I'm loving the convos b/w Jon and Tyrion...Tyrion is one of those observers in a sense...and seems intrigued by Jon which is why he keeps asking him questions too I guess...deliberately calling him bas***d and then Jon also responds by calling him dwarf...lol...in a sense Tyrion is an interesting narrator of this universe too with the way he describes everything with an underlying cynicism or sarcasm.  Yea they are both 'bas***ds'..lol.. Tyrion has the best dialogues in the show...you will love them with each epi!

That LOSER son of the Lannister Queen...HATED what he did to Aarya and then cuz of HIM only that direwolf had to be beheaded... Joeffrey..the most hated character in this series! no questions on that!...lol... you really want to crush him...ughhh

Oh speaking of the direwolves...I loved that scene earlier in the epi when Aarya  is trying to show off to Jon that she's trained her direwolf...Nimeria was her name, was it? That was so cute...lol...these wolves are like MEGA ADORABLE...and I guess the Jon-Aarya hug in that scene is the one in Amy's sigbox too.  Jon-Arya are wonderful together...she is very tom boyish ..and so unlike her sister...and she loves Jon a lot..their scenes together are lovely...

The relationships are interesting...Lady Stark obviously can't stand Jon cuz he's a symbol of her husband's infidelity...but the other Stark children all seem to treat him as their own...they seem close...and even if Jon himself says he's not a Stark sometimes, his father does say that to him...I'm intrigued to know about his mother and what the history there is. Yep, she shuns Jon...doesn't consider him at all... the siblings are quite close..and even Ned himself loves them all equally...

NymeriaAreYaar

Nymeria

IF-Sizzlerz

Nymeria

Posted: 13 June 2012 at 9:13am | IP Logged
@Mazzy--- oh yeah i have seen Tumblr dedicated to Dany and Jon..aka Fire and Ice. Hmmm i don't know how i feel about that yet.

Like you said, Dany is a pretty strong character in the books, but the series falls short in that aspect up until now. I did like her part in season 2 finale. Lets see what happens in season 3.

@Arya and Cersei being strongest female characters on the show--- WORD. I think Cersei used to be like Arya in her childhood...like she liked picking up the sword rather than needles. Both are quite powerful personalities in their own ways.

Lady Stark is pretty good female character as well. She's a strong matriarch. Sansa seems to be developing some of her characteristics in season 2.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Maz.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top