Celebrity Fan Clubs

Game Of Thrones FC - 'Winter is Coming' (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 150

without-fathom

IF-Rockerz

without-fathom

Posted: 09 June 2012 at 9:43am | IP Logged
So if I'm not liking all the posts, it's because I'm holding STRICT blinders before getting done watching season 2 - and Maz, I did finish watching Season ONE hi - I've seen all the way upto 4th episode of Season 2 before, but in too many breaks and pieces and like I told Amy somewhere, I was intending to spend time this weekend and sit and watch the series' 2 seasons in a go - it just gives SO MUCH more perspective, you'd never guess! You like don't tend to miss out on the slighter nuances that go around in each episode - because there's ALWAYS so much happening in GoT - I feel like I've wrapped my head around the gist and the big picture and mainstream events, but that I always miss out on the significance of minor things till they crop up again - watching in a go changes that! 

Will get done watching season 2 by tomorrow and be back here - 

but meanwhile, Amy, same here! Can't really relate to the politics parallels - but the whole LoTR comparison, and just the fact about GoT being this sinister plot of many parallel and engaging sub plots all knee deep in ruthless politics is SO true! You literally cannot trust your own breath as a character on this show! And I LOVE how NONE of the characters are really, plainly, outright negative! GoT is working on a pallet of grey - they've got EVERY single character charted out in the greyscale, and the only difference lies in the extent! Everyone has their share of haunting demons which make them SO human in the midst of a world and times where you cannot really afford to pause and lick your own wounds, because there's always going to be something lurking around the corner to inflict more in the meanwhile! 

And I think what I like THE MOST about this show is the big picture world parallel. The way they've treated the matter of serving the realm as becoming such a hazy and sidelined project because everyone who matters and has power is too busy setting their own immediate scores right - even the sanest of people - that the BIGGEST bubble of threat that surrounds all their routine plotting and knot is actually treated at a subconscious level by most characters as a danger that always looms over, but never to close to put on primary worry palate! There's a strange and dark parallel with the way a normal human being treats the concept of death. We all know it's coming, some day, as an inevitable with no exceptions. But somehow, everyone continues to live everyday of their life like they will never be dying! They take the face value struggles of most immediately facing concerns at such levels of gravity and severity of action - even the sanest among them - that the BIGGEST truth out there, winter is coming  just stands in the side shadows. As a fact that they don't deny, but never pay enough heed too! And it's interesting how the whole "wall" idea is used to "separate the worlds" - it's just an interesting metaphorical setting of the way life itself is - high strung in routine, yet much bigger, when you look beyond the immediate! 

Okay - I ramble too much with specifics! But GoT truly draws out some amazing philosophy and politics on such a mortal level, yet retaining a sublime flavor to the execution! Clap

Edited by without-fathom - 09 June 2012 at 9:45am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Maz.NymeriaAreYaar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Game Of Thrones FC - 'Winter is Coming' (Page 4)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Nymeria

IF-Sizzlerz

Nymeria

Posted: 09 June 2012 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by without-fathom

So if I'm not liking all the posts, it's because I'm holding STRICT blinders before getting done watching season 2 - and Maz, I did finish watching Season ONE hi - I've seen all the way upto 4th episode of Season 2 before, but in too many breaks and pieces and like I told Amy somewhere, I was intending to spend time this weekend and sit and watch the series' 2 seasons in a go - it just gives SO MUCH more perspective, you'd never guess! You like don't tend to miss out on the slighter nuances that go around in each episode - because there's ALWAYS so much happening in GoT - I feel like I've wrapped my head around the gist and the big picture and mainstream events, but that I always miss out on the significance of minor things till they crop up again - watching in a go changes that! 

Will get done watching season 2 by tomorrow and be back here - 

but meanwhile, Amy, same here! Can't really relate to the politics parallels - but the whole LoTR comparison, and just the fact about GoT being this sinister plot of many parallel and engaging sub plots all knee deep in ruthless politics is SO true! You literally cannot trust your own breath as a character on this show! And I LOVE how NONE of the characters are really, plainly, outright negative! GoT is working on a pallet of grey - they've got EVERY single character charted out in the greyscale, and the only difference lies in the extent! Everyone has their share of haunting demons which make them SO human in the midst of a world and times where you cannot really afford to pause and lick your own wounds, because there's always going to be something lurking around the corner to inflict more in the meanwhile! 

And I think what I like THE MOST about this show is the big picture world parallel. The way they've treated the matter of serving the realm as becoming such a hazy and sidelined project because everyone who matters and has power is too busy setting their own immediate scores right - even the sanest of people - that the BIGGEST bubble of threat that surrounds all their routine plotting and knot is actually treated at a subconscious level by most characters as a danger that always looms over, but never to close to put on primary worry palate! There's a strange and dark parallel with the way a normal human being treats the concept of death. We all know it's coming, some day, as an inevitable with no exceptions. But somehow, everyone continues to live everyday of their life like they will never be dying! They take the face value struggles of most immediately facing concerns at such levels of gravity and severity of action - even the sanest among them - that the BIGGEST truth out there, winter is coming  just stands in the side shadows. As a fact that they don't deny, but never pay enough heed too! And it's interesting how the whole "wall" idea is used to "separate the worlds" - it's just an interesting metaphorical setting of the way life itself is - high strung in routine, yet much bigger, when you look beyond the immediate! 

Okay - I ramble too much with specifics! But GoT truly draws out some amazing philosophy and politics on such a mortal level, yet retaining a sublime flavor to the execution! Clap

Oh no problemo, JZ. Take your time and complete the season 2 because I, for one, can not wait to read your take on the entire season...heck entire series up until now. I totally concur with you on there being SO MUCH in the plot/characters of the show that if you watch it with breaks, you feel like you're missing out so much.

WORD @ grey characters--- Exactly! that's the thing that differentiates GoT from LoTR BIG time. In LoTR, there were clearly etched out positive and negative characters...it was clearly a proverbial battle of GOOD versus EVIL whereas that's definitely NOT the case in Game of Thrones. There isn't a clear cut "Good" character or an "Evil" character, everyone is so innately HUMAN like you said. LoTR paralleled WWII in that Sauron and his Uruk Hais and his troupe represented the Nazi Germany and its allies and Frodo, Aragorn and their troupe reflected the American, British and their allies.  Do you guys remember that ending scene in the last movie...the one where Gandalf comes to rescue Frodo on a humungous EAGLE? That was clearly Americans stepping in to the war on the European front.
Now, when you look at GoT, which has been written pretty recently, it seems to reflect the current state of the world. All those uprisings in the Middle-East, the rise and fall of Iraq's Saddam Hussain, the terrorism, the war of the Middle eastern countries amongst themselves and the Western superpowers getting challenged by China...all that sort of runs parallel to the fictional struggles for power and politics amongst the Houses in GoT. The Kings and Lords within the realm are fighting one another, cutting each another off (even literally!) and there's just SO many conflicts from every direction and the interesting thing is that you just can't distinguish who's represents the "Good" and who represents the "Bad."

But of course, you describe it in a so much better way than I do!LOL

I REALLY can't wait till you're done with season 2. lol I seem more excited than you!LOL

Edited by Ramy25 - 09 June 2012 at 11:25am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Maz.without-fathom

Maz.

IF-Rockerz

Maz.

Posted: 09 June 2012 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
@JZ....Ohh ok...I thought it was some typo mistake hence asked...LOL...that's a good thing...I want to watch the first season again too...it's been 6 months since I saw it..

And Word to what you mean about the characters being grey...I haven't watched or read LoTR, Mru is a big fan though. I agree with the fact that the characters don't see the bigger picture, too embroiled in their own petty conflicts...they just needed one person to start the war, and everyone is out to settle their scores..

Looking forward to read your takes on both seasons and characters! Big smile

------------

@Amyy... Oh OK you think the shadow son got them there?...and I did not get what they saw in the fire...LOL.. but that was some cool camerawork...the eye thing..

@Horse swagger! LOLLOL...I have no idea if the poop was meant to be something significant...LOL...but it was so funny to see that... Tyrion put up with Joeffry's crap for most of the time...doubt his granddad will do the same...he's got such a commanding presence..that scene of him tearing down an animal in season1 as he talks to his son...still gives you the shivers...

I don't remember the exact dialogues, but he does tell Arya that this is going to be his last war, even if he wins or loses, right?..so don't know what role he play as hand of King..

@Jaqen...I knoww...I loved that third person talk...A man...A girl...very cool :D..

@zombies...weren't they the whitewalkers only?..Confused I thought it was them...just a few of them scattered in the beginning..but now that winter is here, they are out in full force..

Oh I also liked Theon's sister...forgot her name...but she was good too with her interaction with Theon..

@Comic con...Oh OK...@Merlin...OK will try to watch it...I actually want to watch Sherlock first, I'll probably get done with that and then this one afterwards.. I want to watch so many things...there is just no time!. sigh :(...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nymeria

ZaphiraDragon

ZaphiraDragon

Posted: 11 June 2012 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maz.

Welcome to the Game of Thrones Fan Club!

A few links for those who are unaware of this fantastic show that airs on HBO and is based on the books by George R.R. Martin.

Game Of Thrones TV

A Song Of Fire & Ice

HBO Making Of

Official YOUTUBE channel

P.S. If you are one among those who have read all the books in the series, please try to refrain from posting spoilers from books that are yet to be adapted on screen. If it all the need arises, please mention the word BOOK SPOILERS and go ahead.

Member's list
without-fathom
...Maham...

Maz.
Ramy25
SongsOf_Silence
Mru_bee

Maz, Ramy, JZ where can i get the link to watch Season 1???????????????

Nymeria

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 11 June 2012 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
*closing my eyes to avoid all spoilers*

But marking my spot...hopefully I can join in here in a bit after I manage to watch the epis...have to go dig up links and stuff firstLOL

But a big hello to everyoneHug

*Edit: Umm yeah if someone can post some good links here to watch it that would be great...

Edited by AreYaar - 11 June 2012 at 1:45pm

Maz.Nymeria

Maz.

IF-Rockerz

Maz.

Posted: 11 June 2012 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
Zaphira..if you stay in the US..I think you can watch it on hulu.com or HBOGO. Due to copyright issues most of the links are taken down from file sharing websites :/ So I guess you can look for torrents or if possible go ahead and buy the season 1 dvd itself! ;)

Edit:...Nur you're here! yayy! Hug   Yes stay away from the posts...extremely spoilery...LOL..

Edited by Maz. - 11 June 2012 at 1:56pm

ZaphiraDragonNymeria

Nymeria

IF-Sizzlerz

Nymeria

Posted: 11 June 2012 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
Welcome Anu and Zaph!

here's the site I used---http://www.fastpasstv.ms/tv/game-of-thrones/

Some of the links might not be working but you'll have to hunt your way through those links. It worked for me when i saw it in may...i mean the whole of season 1 and 2.

Maz.AreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 11 June 2012 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
Maz, can you PM me a torrent link for the first episode or something...I can't manage to find it otherwise.

Maz.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top