Celebrity Fan Clubs

Game Of Thrones FC - 'Winter is Coming' (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 150

...Maham...

IF-Dazzler

...Maham...

Posted: 05 June 2012 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
@Amy: I'm planning on reading the first book. I want to read the books after I've watched the season based on a particular book. The books are much more detailed. 

@Jon-Arya: Yeah, my thoughts exactly. They have a really nice bond that way. Jon, Arya and Ned were my favorites from the Starks in season 1. Liked Bran too but didn't care all that much for Robb and Sansa. They didn't even show Robb much in the first season I think. Like Robb much better now.. It's admirable how he was forced to seek justice for his Father's sake and how well he rose up to that task. Liked Sansa in season 2.. Feel for her. It's so sad how separated the Starks are right now. I was actually hoping Arya would end up at the Night's watch and then perhaps she and Jon could be together. LOL 

@Robb-Theon: Oh yeah... looking forward to that. I never liked Theon and now dislike him like anything. I loved that moment where Theon raided Winterfell and when he entered Bran's room, Bran managed to shake him up with one simple question:

"Did you hate us the whole time? 

It's a simple line, but I found it very impactful with regard to Theon's history with the Starks and what his current actions spoke of. Definitely stirred some conflicting emotions there. 

Haven't seen the scene of Arya's that you mentioned. Damn. I really need to catch up don't I? LOL

Edited by ...Maham... - 07 June 2012 at 9:51pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Mru_beeMaz.Nymeria

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Game Of Thrones FC - 'Winter is Coming' (Page 3)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Nymeria

IF-Sizzlerz

Nymeria

Posted: 05 June 2012 at 6:03pm | IP Logged
yeah the books are quite detailed but then again, the show writers have changed quite a bit in the show too. In the books, Jon and Robb are just 16 year olds and in the show I find them to be in their mid-twenties. I'd rather just go by the adapted version aka the show than confuse myself with the book stuff lol.
By the way, they seeped in to book 2 in the finale of first season and they seep in to book 3 in season 2 finale as well. The ending was quite interesting. I won't talk about it until everyone's caught up here.

@Theon-- oh yeah i didn't like him either but now that he's betrayed the Starks, he made me dislike him even more. No one takes him seriously...not even his own folks.

@Theon-Bran moment-- yeah that was a good moment. You definitely see that second guessing look on Theon's face when Bran says that line.

@Jon, Arya, Ned-- yeah they are my favorite Starks too. Why does Sean Bean's character always get killed?Stern Smile He was so good as the Patriarch of House of Stark and Lord of Winterfell and Starks seemed a happy family in the first episode.  Now everyone's separated in to different corners of the realm. Ermm

@Jon-Arya-- Oh I wish Arya goes off to The Wall and joins Jon or Jon ends up south in search of what remains of his family and finds Arya.

By the way, this is just random but errrm don't you guys think Jaimie Lannister looks like Prince Charming of Shrek?LOL

Edited by Ramy25 - 05 June 2012 at 6:04pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

...Maham...SongsOf_SilenceMru_beeMaz.

...Maham...

IF-Dazzler

...Maham...

Posted: 06 June 2012 at 10:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ramy25

yeah the books are quite detailed but then again, the show writers have changed quite a bit in the show too. In the books, Jon and Robb are just 16 year olds and in the show I find them to be in their mid-twenties. I'd rather just go by the adapted version aka the show than confuse myself with the book stuff lol.
By the way, they seeped in to book 2 in the finale of first season and they seep in to book 3 in season 2 finale as well. The ending was quite interesting. I won't talk about it until everyone's caught up here.

@Theon-- oh yeah i didn't like him either but now that he's betrayed the Starks, he made me dislike him even more. No one takes him seriously...not even his own folks.

@Theon-Bran moment-- yeah that was a good moment. You definitely see that second guessing look on Theon's face when Bran says that line.

@Jon, Arya, Ned-- yeah they are my favorite Starks too. Why does Sean Bean's character always get killed?Stern Smile He was so good as the Patriarch of House of Stark and Lord of Winterfell and Starks seemed a happy family in the first episode.  Now everyone's separated in to different corners of the realm. Ermm

@Jon-Arya-- Oh I wish Arya goes off to The Wall and joins Jon or Jon ends up south in search of what remains of his family and finds Arya.

By the way, this is just random but errrm don't you guys think Jaimie Lannister looks like Prince Charming of Shrek?LOL

Yeah I heard about Jon's age in the books. Naturally I was all Shocked LOL 

Sean Bean's character does always get killed doesn't it? Twisted I tell you. 
@Jon-Arya: I have no idea about whether Arya does actually have a chance at ending up at The Wall.. Need to watch the finale to tell that better. I do hope they get to meet to each other again. 

@Jaimie Lannister: Haha oh yeah totally! We have all agreed on that.. They look eerily alike! Jaimie's my least favorite Lannister so far. 

Mru_beeMaz.Nymeria

Mru_bee

IF-Dazzler

Mru_bee

Posted: 07 June 2012 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Hey Fellow GoT followers *waves Hi*

Let me give a disclaimer right now, I am extremely bad with names (in the series), so I tend to call some by Dragon Lady, Horse King etc. Apologies in advance. The only names I know by now are the Stark family and Lannisters.

I guess no need to guess, my favorite character is Tyrion. He is the Boss.Cool I love Arya, Jon, Robb ( since this season), Tyrion's right hand man (they have some awesome chemistry TongueLOL). I also loved Arya and Senior Lannister conversations and of course Arya and her killer friend. I liked the Queen too, and Sensa (esp last 3-4 episodes of this season). I liked Renley before he was so unceremoniously bumped off. Jon is just a baccha, he needs to grow up pronto. Right now, even Arya has better understanding of reality than the dodo. LOL

I had this fantasy when I imagined Arya being rescued by Robb and Jon together! Eeeps, the way it is going, I think she will be the one who saves them both. LOL Bran is also being forced to grow up fast, poor dude.

Actually in the first episode, when Jamie Lannister made an entry, I thought he was kinda handsome dude before of course the whole incestuous relationship played out! Amy, totally agreed, he reminds me of Prince Charming from SHrek. His profile is totally the sameLOL

I have absolutely no patience for the dragon lady and her *ali baba and chaalis chor* shenanigans. She irritates me to no end with her standard patent screeches on *My people are waiting for me, I will take what is mine by fire blah blah blah* I felt a wee bit sad for her in the first season, when she was sold off to Drogo, but after that her character didn't resonate. And Ohhh I wish She and the fire lady just fight and finish off each other, totally irritating characters so far.

I am not sure if all of you have watched the finale this season, so I won't talk about spoilers. But loved loved loved loved the battle and of course the awesomeness that is Tyrion Lannister Cool.

The thing about that war that was effective the most was the way they kept the entire epi on the battle and didn't intersperse it with other storylines. As it is there are too many branches in the story, sometimes I wish they pursue one a bit more before cutting to the next one. Of course, if they just cut off the Dragon lady storyline, I will not complain TongueLOL

and Spoiler Alert: All the characters die Tongue ( this is esp for Maham LOL)

-- Mru

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

...Maham...SongsOf_SilenceMaz.Nymeria

without-fathom

IF-Rockerz

without-fathom

Posted: 09 June 2012 at 4:43am | IP Logged
Finished watching Season 1 all in a go. Boy - the plotting of this show is ceaseless and seamless - and I am (shamelessly) perhaps the BIGGEST Tyrion Lannister fangirl everrr! Blushing I kid not. 

Have Saturday chores to get done and some school work - but I will be back here with my infamous essays. 

Until then - here's something from a tweet - http://www.mid-day.com/columnists/2012/jun/090612-opinion-Winter-is-coming.htm  - Nothing extraordinary - but you just gotta connect with people who rave about GoT... sigh!

Maz.NymeriaAreYaar

Maz.

IF-Rockerz

Maz.

Posted: 09 June 2012 at 5:19am | IP Logged
^@ that article...Mamta banerjee is Hodor and Mayawati as the wall! ROFLROFLROFL 

Nicely written...and I agree the core of it all that draws us is that no one is really good or evil, every character has a good and bad side.. the politics of power is all so wonderfully shown..

@nudity...LOL.. I think some of scenes are not necessary...anyway that is not the focus always..

JZ.. you saw Season 1 or Season 2?? 

And funny, none of my friends watch GoT...except you guys!...Hi5 for that...LOL.. at least I have people to ramble about it with...so glad Approve

@Hiba and Mru Hug Hug  thanks for stopping by...

LOL Mru...your Dragon lady will take center stage soon I guess..I wonder what will happen then..LOL

---

Edit: Does anyone know if the GoT cast had another one of those Comic con appearances this year?...I remember watching last year's one...it was nice to hear them talk about the show..

Edited by Maz. - 09 June 2012 at 6:00am

...Maham...without-fathomNymeria

Maz.

IF-Rockerz

Maz.

Posted: 09 June 2012 at 5:55am | IP Logged
What I loved about Season 2 was surprisingly there were no shocker deaths this time unlike S1 where they killed poor Ned... the war is far from over and I liked how the tagline 'winter is coming' came a full circle in the finale... those whitewalkers are awesome LOL... great CGI work there.. but poor Sam...I wonder he is the first casualty there..

Tyrion ruled S2.. I loved loved the conversations of Tyrion and Varys...Varys...oooh man his character is so mysterious and intriguing...loved him in S1 along with Littlefinger...this season Littlefinger did not have that many scenes...but this actor who plays Varys...wohooo! LOL..

The second best duo was Tywin and Arya...ohh there was always this feeling that he knows who she really is.. just the way he could so easily figure out she was a girl...and then her lady or non lady like ways..and he even compared her to Cersei in a way...and when I saw these scenes of Cersei and Sansa..you can really see how she wanted to be anything but all obedient and girl like...and I loved the way she used to get pissed off watching Sansa repeat her Joeffry is my beloved line..LOL... their best scene was in the Blackwater episode... and I loved that final scene too where she is sitting on the Iron throne with her son in hand...woah..never thought she was having it all planned like that!..

The Blackwater battle itself was amazingly shot...simply wow! all the special effects and the tension...it gave me all butterflies in the stomach feeling...nail biting stuff...LOL... Loved Tyrion's speech...go Half man!... Brilliant stuff by Peter Dinklage..

The finale episode..was good too...again loved Tyrion and Shae... there was this weird sa parallel...like the choices the men make...Tyrion and Theon too... how they Theon could easily have chosen to run away like Maester Luwin tells him but instead he chooses to fight...it was a good speech form him too. Tyrion too has to chose between an option of running away with Shae to Pentos but he turns that down..despite knowing very well that he was supposed to be murdered and that no one wil give him credit for all that he did to save the city..

Jon and Ygritte...LOLLOL... they provided such laughs!...LOL... Jon going red in the face, hahaha...hilarious...I like this actress she played her part well...so Jon had to kill Qhorin and prove his worth...wonder what is in store for them..

I also loved this Jaime-Catelyn scene...ooohh trust Jaime to maro such zingers...where it hurts... and Amyy...this guy is a carbon copy of Prince charming from Shrek...pretty much my first comment on him that I shared with Mru long back...he even has that attitude...I'm too sexy for my shoes'LOLLOL...

Jaime and Brienne...was also lovely...LOL...just the way he loves riling her up...and how she literally slices those men up in front of him...cool stuff..

Stannis and Renly did not live up so much...at least Renly...he was there in one episode and then gone by the next...LOL.. I think Stannis will have more of a role next season...BTW I had this doubt where were Stannis and Melisandre after the battle?... It looked like Stannis was back at his own home...but that is not possible na since it did take him a few months to reach King's Landing right?...

Arya-Jaqen scenes were good too...but what is that he is some sort of faceless man??...I want the actor to return...LOL... I was very disappointed to see him go like that...lol..

I wonder what Sansa is going to do she has offers from the Hound and Littlefinger...and she turned them down...I liked that dialogue when Littlefinger tells her look around us, all of us are liars..

Speaking of dialogues...one of my favs is that one in the beginning episodes , the riddle which Varys tells Tyrion, about how power resides where when believe it resides, no more no less! Clap

How I wished Joeffry would die in battle...ughhh...and now he has got an equally annoying lady to be his queen... must say though that the guy who plays Joeffry does a tremendous job...

Robb and that nurse chick...ehh...I did not feel so much for...but I generally liked Robb's transition from this boy to a King and how he wants to be a good King...and imbibes all these traits from his father..

Bran and Osha were good too...I liked how Osha has learned to like Bran and Ricken...wonder if they will end up reaching the wall...that place is not safe anyway...so hopefully Arya and her gang will meet these people..

And Lastly, Daenerys...her story was not so great through the season...but I did like her stuff in the last episode...especially that scene when she is in the house of the undying and she finds herself come face to face with Drogo and also the Iron throne... and how she makes a choice to go for her dragons. Emilia Clarke is not that great of an actress..and I felt she overacted in many of her scenes..I was OK with her in Season 1 ...but season 2 was a let down...I hope she does better...cos her story is supposed to get stronger through the next few seasons.

Edited by Maz. - 09 June 2012 at 6:10am

...Maham...without-fathomNymeria

Nymeria

IF-Sizzlerz

Nymeria

Posted: 09 June 2012 at 8:30am | IP Logged
Hey hey Mru!!been a LONG time since we've conversed online. How have you been?

@JZ-- Wooop! Now get to season 2 quickly and then gush awayWink LOL
Thanks for the article...i don't know about the comparison to Indian politics but I do agree with his point about this being better and badder than LoTR. It is like a soap opera...but instead of women going at each other for the their common LOWE interests, here we have EVERYONE going at everyone for either the Iron throne or revenge and stuff. It is definitely the best fantasy drama that has ever hit American TV in a long time.
@nudity-- lol it pops up when you first watch it but then you get acclimated...or in get used to ignore it. LOL you guys should see that SNL spoof about GoT and the nudity stuffROFL oh Andy Samberg!ROFL

@Mru--- lol @ Dragon Lady LOL. Yeah Dany's storyline has been meh up until now and that's what i keep hearing from critics and personal reviews from people. The book apparently has more to her story and like Mazzy said her story take the forefront in the coming season (which is based off of book 3), so lets see what happens. I liked her thing in the finale too like Mazzy as compared to entire season of meh-ness.

@TYRION--- Heck Yeah! he's definitely THE BEST character and Peter Dinklage is AWESOME in his portrayal of the character.Clap What a character and what an actor! It's SO much fun watching Tyrion in all his glory and with all his wit/sarcasm and it was SO heart-rending to see him like so in the finale. His scene with Shae was definitely one of my favorite in the finale episode. I liked Shae's character too and Tyrion-Shae relationship but I definitely liked the fact that Tyrion declined the offer to "runaway." He's a scarred man right now but he's only going to emerge stronger. Go Half-Man indeed!Approve

@Tyrion-Varys---- WORD Mazzy. I liked their scenes in season two and especially the one before the battle of Blackwater and the one in the finale. Varys is such a mysterious character and it's difficult to decipher which side is he on or that he's just playing along for his own benefit (which is probably the case) and the actor plays it so darn well too.
@Littlefinger--- I too liked that scene with Sansa in the finale and especially the line "look around you, we are all liars and better than you." I think because of his history with Lady Stark and the fact that Sansa "looks" like Lady Stark, there's got to be some sort of pull towards her...to get her out of there. But I don't know...may be i'm just reading too much in to it.

@Tywin-Arya-- Oh yeah I loved these two too. I don't like Tywin because of what he did to Tyrion but I did like his scenes with Arya. It felt as if he knew exactly who she was and more so because he kept on question her about where she was from, about her father and the fact that his father was a learned man despite the class he belonged to.  by the way, I couldn't help but LOL @ Tywin's horseback ride in to the Throne room as Joeffery bestowed the title of the Hand of the King on to him...lol Tywin's got swagger...HORSE SWAGGERROFLROFL and the bit in the start of Horse pooping before entering the hall.ROFLROFLROFL Wonder if that was supposed to mean anything? May be JZ could explain...hmmm.

@Theon-- lol he's such a gullible sort of guy. He doesn't know what he wants, where he stands and most of all who HE is in the first place. he claims to be a Greyjoy but he's not ready to accept that he's more of Stark than Greyjoy.

@Luwin--- Oh man it was so sad to see him die.Disapprove I liked him and his relation with the youngest Stark kids, especially Bran. I like Osha too and I hope they find Jon soon but ummm it's no longer safe up at The Wall either because of the whitewalkerConfused.

Speaking of Whitewalkers--- WOAH! what effects dude...that too for a TV show!Clap They really did a good job there and also in the Blackwater battle sequence...especially the explosion. Cool stuff!
@Sam-- Ummm i don't know but i don't think he face the casualty. Can he be made in to zombie like those other zombies (i forgot what they're called)?

@Jon- Ygritte-- lol yeah i liked their little scene. She challenges him and that's a good thing. Jon needs to wake up and take the charge.
@Jon killing Qhorin--- Good acting by it Harington there. You could see on his face and his body language that feeling of the "soul being ripped off of him" as described by Kit himself.  I'm definitely looking forward to his meeting with Mance Rayder and if and how Jon gets to King's Landing.

@Robb- Talisa-- I, too, have liked Robb more in the second season because we've got to see more of him and how he's matured from being just a Stark boy to the King of the North. But errrm the wedding decision was wrong even though I get it why he choose to do so but at the time when he's fighting battles and there's alliances being formed and broken that ultimately affect who wins the battle, it's a very bad move on his part. First of all, he's personally invited Frey's wrath and his doom and second of all, he's backed out from a vow he made and that's not a good thing to do when you're the King as explained by his mother.

@Arya- Jaqen--- I liked their scenes and his "A man...A Girl" thingyLOL. He's a faceless assassin? But I want Tom's face back...this new face is so fugly! Will Arya go to Braavos? hmmm...

Jaime- Lady Stark-- The twincest Lannisters are SO like one another! Jaime and Catelyn's scene sort of reminded me of Ned's and Cersei's confrontation about Joffery's paternity.

@Brienne- Jaime-- lol I like Brienne.  Jaime driving her up the wall and her slicing not one but two men right in front of him was fun.

And yeah Mazzy, Jaime's SO Prince Charming from Shrek! that's the first thing that came to my mind when i saw him in the first episode and lol yeah he definitely has that arrogance. lol

@Stannis, Renly-- meh. lol Renly was gone before you know it!
@Stannis- Melisandre--- I know! I was like how the heck they got back to their original place so soon? May be that Shadow-son got them there. eh who cares!

@Joffery-- Oh I wished that too and now's he's got that annoying Queen to accompany him. I don't like Natalie Dormer in the first place..she makes weird faces.Stern Smile eh at least Sansa's free of Joffery and i liked her little "Yes!" laugh as she comes out of there and before her scene with Littlefinger. LOL
and yeah the actor who plays Joffery is doing a good job because he's managed make everyone irked with Joffery and his airheadedness.  lol I would LOVE to see Tyrion whack him on the face once againLOL.

@Comic-Con--- it starts the week of June 11th or something like that and i was looking up the panels and i didn't see GoT in itGeek. All I saw was panels for those SUPER crappy CW shows and the new fall line up for abc, fox, nbc and cbs. errrm what about GoT and Merlin?

Speaking of Merlin, Mazzy you should give a try to that series as well. JZ and I watch it and the best thing about the series is MERLIN- ARTHUR. They're like medieval British counterparts to desi Mohan-Guru. If you love MG, you'll definitely love MerThur.

...Maham...Maz.without-fathom

Post Reply New Post

Go to top