Celebrity Fan Clubs

Game Of Thrones FC - 'Winter is Coming' (Page 138)

Post Reply New Post

Page 138 of 150

without-fathom

IF-Rockerz

without-fathom

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maz.

Originally posted by without-fathom

Maz - Oh. For I dunno what reason I thought there was a season 6 and that was the one currently on hiatus. So then I'm not so far from seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Now I should plan in a way that I only finish my episodes by July LOL With BB and me, that's entirely possible. I can't remember any other series that I watched at such extreme leisure despite the sheer brilliance of it. On a brief note, the variation of "trust" between White and Jesse, as if on cue to my mention of the inexplicable loyalty between them last season has been the most interesting arc. The other thing is Hank. He keeps me thinking he's going to die the very next episode. Geek But for the way his character has gone from being what he originally was through the life altering phase of his accident and eventual recovery, I can't imagine any logic in expecting him to be "cautious" and sit back. It's this endeavor, or a frustrating emptiness that will get to him anyway... And in that sense, I'm in awe of how the writers have brought every single character such a long way to where they are, that whether you justify them or not, you completely sympathize with how they are...  

Jzeee! You HAVE to finish BB at least before GoT starts yaar.. July is too far away!.. the first episode of the 5th season will be good enough to motivate you to watch the rest of it I hope.. There hasn't been an episode that I never liked...they always manage to tie up loose ends..so that's good

@Walt-Jesse trust...yep there are so many tests to this relation...and I am always in awe of the way the writers have showcased it..

@Hank...Word!Thumbs Up.. his character also goes through ups and downs..poor Marie too she slips back in through her kleptomaniac ways again.. @Hank dying..LOL yea every character is like that...you are always wondering about their fate..I loved that 'One minute' epi from S3 that was some awesome action there..CoolLOL

Fetching the BB discussion over to this thread. Just got done watching episode 9 and Shocked From Ted Benecke's reappearance to Sky's way out on that one (Gus should honestly hire this woman on his team, the only other person I can think of who can become so efficiently pragmatic in the most drastic circumstances is Mike. Certainly not Walter, and most certainly not Jesse... and I'm not a Gus fan in general...)

And of course the concluding fight out between White and Jesse... their equation in this season has been very very hard to predict. There's a part of me that doesn't doubt their sticking together through anything, but they're both so unpredictable as faltering people. So Jesse being less than honest this season specially with all the "I see something in you" BS feed from Mike and Gus, and White realizing his lacking honesty and bugging him... Has been a very unpredictable arc in terms of which one of two may make the blunder move... 

Anyway, I really, really like Sky in this season. For multiple reasons, not the least being how firmly her head rests between her shoulders, in the middle of all the challenging spots. There are times I can't help but feel defensive for her luck to be married to White, and further, have had an affair with Benecke. For all their worth or goodness, she outdoes them both even at their own illegal games, and of course deserves better... 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Maz.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Game Of Thrones FC - 'Winter is Coming' (Page 138)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

without-fathom

IF-Rockerz

without-fathom

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
Done watching season 4. This show is not even real standard of blows my mind off Kafkaesque-ly amazing. Like honestly, how did they even conceive such a show, much less put faith in making a hit out of something so... out of the world real. 

And like you said Maz, not one episode - not one - goes off in vain. The plot is thick like absolutely nothing I know, and the pace is balanced at that perfect level to be stumped by every slightest nuance while getting no time to second guess what's coming. Like absolutely never second guess! 

Those last 120 seconds or so when I was starting to wonder what exactly the cliff hanger for this finale is zooms in the "lily of the valley" and it's just impossible to imagine which of all the possible (and seemingly impossible) scenarios might it be... Honestly, the BEST thing about this show has to be the absolute unpredictability of guessing what life-altering twist is a hoax, and what's not. 

I've LOVED Sky this season, but lest I forget, I love Saul more and more with every next. Creating a "two-face" symbolic out of Gus was such a fantastic touch, for the kind of villain Two Face characteristically is. Guessing Mike will somehow pop back to consequence, next season. Can't imagine what consequence for his character will be though... And of course, it seems very likely that Jesse and Walter are going to have their hands full of the DEA very soon, apart from dealing with each other. And. As low as Walter hits every time, the lily of valley better not have been his deed. Somehow, it's exceedingly hard to put absolutely anything past him, entirely speaking... but some semblance of honor among thieves would still... help... 

Gotta download S05 ASAP now... I don't believe I take in every intended sign and nuance of this show entirely in the first time of watching half the episodes... The sheer brilliance of it is unparalleled like nothing else! Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

Maz.

without-fathom

IF-Rockerz

without-fathom

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 4:50pm | IP Logged
Brilliance, but did I say? With such a kick!!!

Maz.

Maz.

IF-Rockerz

Maz.

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

LOL nice vid though...nice to know that Lena and Peter improvise scenes like this...they've got tons more awesomeness to perform together in s3 I guess.

Book 5 is good so far...some new players in the equation although the story doesn't REALLY move much overall still...lol...but atleast there is more excitement in the chapters compared to book 4.

Yea that particular scene looked as if it was scripted that way..

@Book 5...nice to know :)..Dany still wandering through the lands right...but more of Tyrion in this one?..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

without-fathomAreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 9:26am | IP Logged

Originally posted by AreYaar

LOL nice vid though...nice to know that Lena and Peter improvise scenes like this...they've got tons more awesomeness to perform together in s3 I guess.

Book 5 is good so far...some new players in the equation although the story doesn't REALLY move much overall still...lol...but atleast there is more excitement in the chapters compared to book 4.

Yea that particular scene looked as if it was scripted that way..

@Book 5...nice to know :)..Dany still wandering through the lands right...but more of Tyrion in this one?..

Oh there's PLENTY of Tyrion in book 5, fikar notLOL...loads of focus on Jon, Dany, Tyrion basically...one REALLY interesting Bran chapter so far but in general most of the chapters are on Dany, Jon or Tyrion...I'm almost 1/4th done with the book...no sign of Arya so far...but then the stories of book 4 and 5 run in parallel...so I guess the Arya bits from this timeline were all shown in book 4 only.

There are tidbits sprinkled throughout the book regarding the history of the lands too...like where Jon's mother was from and how Ned Stark met her...not much elaboration but brief snippets thrown in so that keeps things going.

Jon is deffo coming into his own as a leader by this point...much better than the lameness of the early seasons...he's not as dumb anymoreLOL

Maz.without-fathom

Maz.

IF-Rockerz

Maz.

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 9:41am | IP Logged

@Jon...lol great...something worthwhile to do..   Do any of the Starks meet each other?...Lol I'm asking you so many questions...I guess I should buy and read the books.

@Tyrion...awesome!

without-fathomAreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 9:58am | IP Logged

@Jon...lol great...something worthwhile to do..   Do any of the Starks meet each other?...Lol I'm asking you so many questions...I guess I should buy and read the books.

@Tyrion...awesome!

Arey no yaar...everyone is WAY too scattered...Starks toh won't meet each other anytime soon I'm guessing...they are scattered in the far corners of various continents...Arya's in Bravos, Jon's on the Wall, Bran's off in some place far beyond the wall...they haven't shown Cat much...

But yeah I hope atleast SOME of the principle characters meet sometime soon...they all just keep on ending up with new characters instead of each other...lol

Maz.without-fathom

Maz.

IF-Rockerz

Maz.

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by without-fathom

Done watching season 4. This show is not even real standard of blows my mind off Kafkaesque-ly amazing. Like honestly, how did they even conceive such a show, much less put faith in making a hit out of something so... out of the world real. 

And like you said Maz, not one episode - not one - goes off in vain. The plot is thick like absolutely nothing I know, and the pace is balanced at that perfect level to be stumped by every slightest nuance while getting no time to second guess what's coming. Like absolutely never second guess! 

Told ya Told ya! ;) LOL     You don't like Gus? I thought Giancarlo Esposito was awesome as Gus...he completely turned around the character...  and in many ways when you watch the Hermanos epi...you realize Gus and Walt are pretty much the same...just that Gus is far more clinical from the experience over the years..and hence he can still manage the cartel people and run his restaurants. @Two face...yea that was cool...lol I was like woah don't tell me he survives that...LOL.. I loved the guy playing Hector too...just the way everything come back this character that we see at the end of S1/S2 beginning and his role...brilliant.. with only that bell..he still managed to portray a range of emotions..

@'I see something in you' stuff..lol yea it was a good way to lure Jesse towards their side...but since I love Mike too..lol..I thought he genuinely does think that of Jesse..

@Sky...yep she was great throughout...her realization that Walt is actually dangerous to her family and the way she tries to flee taking Holly away..really feel for her..

@lilly of the valley...brilliant right!.. the thing is we should have expected for Walt to go that far...but we still hoped that he did not...Jesse is very protective of kids...so this is unforgivable in front of his eyes..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top