Celebrity Fan Clubs

Game Of Thrones FC - 'Winter is Coming' - Page 2

SongsOf_Silence thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Hey everyone! πŸ€—Thought of posting my Hi before everyone got busy with talking about the episodes and increased the page numbers :P πŸ˜† Busy with exams at the moment but would be back soon. Thanks alot for making this thread Maz I was literally dying to discuss the show with some one other then my sister of course :P  πŸ˜†  Can't wait to talk about the Finale, it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Tyrion *sigh* and I cant agree more with you Ramy, the final scene of Tyrion and Shea so had me falling for them! They are really cute, never expected to like them so much.. Bechara Tyrion, he looked so vulnerable! πŸ€— Okay time to go.. books calling cya all later.. =)

Hiba
Edited by SongsOf_Silence - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh yeah I loved that scene and line about "Vivacious Idiot kings"πŸ˜†. Tyrion's got the sarcasm, all right!😎

I wish we had gotten more of Jon and Arya bonding. I really like their older brother-little sister relationship. That good bye scene between them was so sweet.

It was so sad to see the state of Winterfell in the finale. What it was in the premiere episode and what it came down to be twenty episodes later...sad sad state. Why does he have to kill off every darn Stark?!

Blackwater definitely takes the title of the best episode of Season 2. How AWESOME was Tyrion's speech and his line "there are Brave men knocking on the door...let's go KILL them all"😎

@songs of silence--- Hiba, right? Yeah the finale was good...I felt bad for Tyrion and the scene with the youngest Stark boys and Luwin was so sad. I really like Luwin and his bond with Bran.

oh and call me Amy.😊
Edited by Ramy25 - 11 years ago
Nymeria thumbnail

...Maham... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Ramy25

Oh yeah I loved that scene and line about "Vivacious Idiot kings"πŸ˜†. Tyrion's got the sarcasm, all right!😎

I wish we had gotten more of Jon and Arya bonding. I really like their older brother-little sister relationship. That good bye scene between them was so sweet.

It was so sad to see the state of Winterfell in the finale. What it was in the premiere episode and what it came down to be twenty episodes later...sad sad state. Why does he have to kill off every darn Stark?!

Blackwater definitely takes the title of the best episode of Season 2. How AWESOME was Tyrion's speech and his line "there are Brave men knocking on the door...let's go KILL them all"😎

Oh so it's Amy. Hi Amy! Again. πŸ˜† Love Tyrion's sarcasm. I liked his scenes with Jon in season 1 as well. Um okay.. I like Tyrion's scene with everyone. Period. πŸ˜†

@Jon and Arya: Definitely! In the books there are bits where they are thinking about each other and missing each other. Wish they had shown that in the show.

Arya never seemed to fit, no more than he had... yet she could always make Jon smile. He would give anything to be with her now, to muss up her hair once more and watch her make a face, to hear her finish a sentence with him -Jon Snow; A Game Of Thrones

Arya would have given anything if Jon had been here to call her "little sister" and muss her hair and finish her sentences with her. - Arya Stark; A Game Of Thrones.

Think these are the bits from the book. Haven't read them myself.. Loved these lines though. On a side note- The show has fantastic lines! Very well written stuff. 

And I haven't watched anything after episode 6 of the second season. Had exams in May so was busy with that.. Will catch up soon!

Nymeria thumbnail
Tyrion has the best lines of all in the show after all he's the best character.

I haven't read the books myself either and I don't even plan to read the books because the show itself has such great writing. Did you know that G.R.R. Martin himself wrote Blackwater? No wonder it was so good.

@Jon-Arya-- that's what I keep on reading everywhere too. I wish we were given more Jon-Arya moments in the show. Both are quite similar in the fact that they are different from the rest of the Starks. Jon is the bas***d son and has to face the brunt of being one every time and Arya doesn't like to be "lady-like." Jon dotes on her but at the same time he doesn't "baby" her. Jon and Robb share a nice brotherly bond as well. While Jon seems more attached to Arya, Robb seems more attached to Bran.
I also like the equation between Arya and Sansa even though Sansa was probably my least favorite Stark. Sansa's come a long way through and her scene in the last couple of episodes have made me like her...especially her little moment of relief in the finale. I also liked Arya's scene in the finale with Jaqen where she talks about finding her sister ...her expressions were so good. You see that Arya misses Sansa and especially their little sibling banters...i miss those too.

I hope we get a Robb-Theon confrontation somehow. Robb always considered Theon his best friend, almost like a brother and he betrayed him. I don't think Theon would be able to look in to Robb's eyes if they ever come face to face with one another.

...Maham... thumbnail
@Amy: I'm planning on reading the first book. I want to read the books after I've watched the season based on a particular book. The books are much more detailed. 

@Jon-Arya: Yeah, my thoughts exactly. They have a really nice bond that way. Jon, Arya and Ned were my favorites from the Starks in season 1. Liked Bran too but didn't care all that much for Robb and Sansa. They didn't even show Robb much in the first season I think. Like Robb much better now.. It's admirable how he was forced to seek justice for his Father's sake and how well he rose up to that task. Liked Sansa in season 2.. Feel for her. It's so sad how separated the Starks are right now. I was actually hoping Arya would end up at the Night's watch and then perhaps she and Jon could be together. πŸ˜† 

@Robb-Theon: Oh yeah... looking forward to that. I never liked Theon and now dislike him like anything. I loved that moment where Theon raided Winterfell and when he entered Bran's room, Bran managed to shake him up with one simple question:

"Did you hate us the whole time? 

It's a simple line, but I found it very impactful with regard to Theon's history with the Starks and what his current actions spoke of. Definitely stirred some conflicting emotions there. 

Haven't seen the scene of Arya's that you mentioned. Damn. I really need to catch up don't I? πŸ˜†

Edited by ...Maham... - 11 years ago
Nymeria thumbnail
yeah the books are quite detailed but then again, the show writers have changed quite a bit in the show too. In the books, Jon and Robb are just 16 year olds and in the show I find them to be in their mid-twenties. I'd rather just go by the adapted version aka the show than confuse myself with the book stuff lol.
By the way, they seeped in to book 2 in the finale of first season and they seep in to book 3 in season 2 finale as well. The ending was quite interesting. I won't talk about it until everyone's caught up here.

@Theon-- oh yeah i didn't like him either but now that he's betrayed the Starks, he made me dislike him even more. No one takes him seriously...not even his own folks.

@Theon-Bran moment-- yeah that was a good moment. You definitely see that second guessing look on Theon's face when Bran says that line.

@Jon, Arya, Ned-- yeah they are my favorite Starks too. Why does Sean Bean's character always get killed?😳 He was so good as the Patriarch of House of Stark and Lord of Winterfell and Starks seemed a happy family in the first episode.  Now everyone's separated in to different corners of the realm. πŸ€”

@Jon-Arya-- Oh I wish Arya goes off to The Wall and joins Jon or Jon ends up south in search of what remains of his family and finds Arya.

By the way, this is just random but errrm don't you guys think Jaimie Lannister looks like Prince Charming of Shrek?πŸ˜†

...Maham... thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Ramy25

yeah the books are quite detailed but then again, the show writers have changed quite a bit in the show too. In the books, Jon and Robb are just 16 year olds and in the show I find them to be in their mid-twenties. I'd rather just go by the adapted version aka the show than confuse myself with the book stuff lol.
By the way, they seeped in to book 2 in the finale of first season and they seep in to book 3 in season 2 finale as well. The ending was quite interesting. I won't talk about it until everyone's caught up here.

@Theon-- oh yeah i didn't like him either but now that he's betrayed the Starks, he made me dislike him even more. No one takes him seriously...not even his own folks.

@Theon-Bran moment-- yeah that was a good moment. You definitely see that second guessing look on Theon's face when Bran says that line.

@Jon, Arya, Ned-- yeah they are my favorite Starks too. Why does Sean Bean's character always get killed?😳 He was so good as the Patriarch of House of Stark and Lord of Winterfell and Starks seemed a happy family in the first episode.  Now everyone's separated in to different corners of the realm. πŸ€”

@Jon-Arya-- Oh I wish Arya goes off to The Wall and joins Jon or Jon ends up south in search of what remains of his family and finds Arya.

By the way, this is just random but errrm don't you guys think Jaimie Lannister looks like Prince Charming of Shrek?πŸ˜†

Yeah I heard about Jon's age in the books. Naturally I was all πŸ˜² πŸ˜† 

Sean Bean's character does always get killed doesn't it? Twisted I tell you. 
@Jon-Arya: I have no idea about whether Arya does actually have a chance at ending up at The Wall.. Need to watch the finale to tell that better. I do hope they get to meet to each other again. 

@Jaimie Lannister: Haha oh yeah totally! We have all agreed on that.. They look eerily alike! Jaimie's my least favorite Lannister so far. 
Mru_bee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Fellow GoT followers *waves Hi*

Let me give a disclaimer right now, I am extremely bad with names (in the series), so I tend to call some by Dragon Lady, Horse King etc. Apologies in advance. The only names I know by now are the Stark family and Lannisters.

I guess no need to guess, my favorite character is Tyrion. He is the Boss.😎 I love Arya, Jon, Robb ( since this season), Tyrion's right hand man (they have some awesome chemistry πŸ˜›πŸ˜†). I also loved Arya and Senior Lannister conversations and of course Arya and her killer friend. I liked the Queen too, and Sensa (esp last 3-4 episodes of this season). I liked Renley before he was so unceremoniously bumped off. Jon is just a baccha, he needs to grow up pronto. Right now, even Arya has better understanding of reality than the dodo. πŸ˜†

I had this fantasy when I imagined Arya being rescued by Robb and Jon together! Eeeps, the way it is going, I think she will be the one who saves them both. πŸ˜† Bran is also being forced to grow up fast, poor dude.

Actually in the first episode, when Jamie Lannister made an entry, I thought he was kinda handsome dude before of course the whole incestuous relationship played out! Amy, totally agreed, he reminds me of Prince Charming from SHrek. His profile is totally the sameπŸ˜†

I have absolutely no patience for the dragon lady and her *ali baba and chaalis chor* shenanigans. She irritates me to no end with her standard patent screeches on *My people are waiting for me, I will take what is mine by fire blah blah blah* I felt a wee bit sad for her in the first season, when she was sold off to Drogo, but after that her character didn't resonate. And Ohhh I wish She and the fire lady just fight and finish off each other, totally irritating characters so far.

I am not sure if all of you have watched the finale this season, so I won't talk about spoilers. But loved loved loved loved the battle and of course the awesomeness that is Tyrion Lannister 😎.

The thing about that war that was effective the most was the way they kept the entire epi on the battle and didn't intersperse it with other storylines. As it is there are too many branches in the story, sometimes I wish they pursue one a bit more before cutting to the next one. Of course, if they just cut off the Dragon lady storyline, I will not complain πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

and Spoiler Alert: All the characters die πŸ˜› ( this is esp for Maham πŸ˜†)

-- Mru

without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Finished watching Season 1 all in a go. Boy - the plotting of this show is ceaseless and seamless - and I am (shamelessly) perhaps the BIGGEST Tyrion Lannister fangirl everrr! ☺️ I kid not. 

Have Saturday chores to get done and some school work - but I will be back here with my infamous essays. 

Until then - here's something from a tweet - http://www.mid-day.com/columnists/2012/jun/090612-opinion-Winter-is-coming.htm  - Nothing extraordinary - but you just gotta connect with people who rave about GoT... sigh!