Byah Hamari Bahu Ka

What's new about this show exactly ???

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

mechocoholic

Goldie

mechocoholic

Posted: 05 June 2012 at 9:34am | IP Logged
Once again, the viewers are thrust with a serial, about opulent gujjus, and their uber-traditional ways and ultra conservative mindset through this show, while seeing the promos I had thought , that maybe this show would be different, but it is turning out to be a very run of the mill, typical drama, with gyaan about sanskars & riti-riwaj, etc. Dead

Rajnibala, seems like she belongs in another century, if not another yug (like satyug or something). Yes, she seems like a typical conservative family's dream come true DIL, however, how does that make her a good partner for Krish ???
Isn't there something called as compatibility between man and wife ??? Here's a guy who runs a business, and travels the world, etc, and the wife chosen for him, is someone who is so traditional, she looks like someone, straight out of a mythological movie/serial. I mean how exactly are these two compatible ??? The other girl palomi, seems far more compatible, intellectually and mentally to Krish, why couldn't they have shown her as the ideal partner/wife ??
How many more shows are gonna stereotype women into sexist roles, wherein, the ideal bahu is always the one, who stays home rather than work outside the home, who wears a saree rather than jeans, who is conservative rather than modern ?? Why can't the other variety of women make good wives and bahus ?? So many real urban women fit the bill of the latter description, and make perfectly good wives & bahus, so when are these serial makers gonna stop throwing them under the bus to glorify the former variety of women ??? Why is one better than the other ??

I hope atleast later on the story takes a turn for the better, and the reason they are marrying off rajnibala, is because everyone realizes that rajni & krish are incompatible on many levels, and the showmakers try to make the point, that having compatibility between man and wife is more important than having an "ideal bahu". If they atleast introduce such an angle in the show, I'd give full marks to the creators for being different, but so far, the show's been nothing but stereotypical and regressive for me...hope it's better going forward.

Edited by mechocoholic - 05 June 2012 at 6:54pm

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

mjhtrb20meghana1016Angel_Niasuman2karishmahshantellbrownMulan08mrs.hughjackmansahujaguy3vasanthi16cuty_kmegustajalebiPiano1422basket_101leavesandwavesashish.sachi-Subbiha-ssroomani_Invincible_

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What's new about this show exactly ???" in Byah Hamari Bahu Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

suman2

Groupbie

suman2

Posted: 05 June 2012 at 10:39am | IP Logged
ClapClap
Originally posted by mechocoholic

Once again, the viewers are thrust with a serial, about opulent gujjus, and their uber-traditional ways and ultra conservative mindset through this show, while seeing the promos I had thought , that maybe this show would be different, but it is turning out to be a very run of the mill, typical drama, with gyaan about sanskars & riti-riwaj, etc. Dead

Rajnibala, seems like she belongs in another century, if not another yug (like satyug or something). Yes, she seems like a typical conservative family's dream come true DIL, however, how does that make her a good partner for Krish ???
Isn't there something called as compatibility between man and wife ??? Here's a guy who runs a business, and travels the world, etc, and the wife chosen for him, is someone who is so traditional, she looks like someone, straight out of a mythological movie/serial. I mean how exactly are these two compatible ??? The other girl palomi, seems far more compatible, intellectually and mentally to Krish, why couldn't they have shown her as the ideal partner/wife ??
How many more shows are gonna stereotype women into sexist roles, wherein, the ideal bahu is always the one, who stays home rather than work outside the home, who wears a saree rather than jeans, who is conservative rather than modern ?? Why can't the other variety of women make good wives and bahus ?? So many real urban women fit the bill of the latter description, and make perfectly good wives & bahus, so when are these serial makers gonna stop throwing them under the bus to glorify the former variety of women ??? Why is one better than the other ??

I hope atleast later on the story takes a turn for the better, and the reason they are marrying off rajnibala, is because everyone realizes that rajni & krish are incompatible on many levels, and the showmakers try to make the point, that have compatibility between man and wife is more important than having an "ideal bahu". If they atleast introduce such an angle in the show, I'd give full marks to the creators for being different, but so far, the show's been nothing but stereotypical and regressive for me...hope it's better going forward.
Clap

Very well said ! You covered it all... and Yes when one part of the Country is crying for educating Woman why these regressive serials still depict that Educated woman are Sanskar less etc etc...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Mulan08leavesandwavesashish.sachi

-Subbiha-

IF-Rockerz

-Subbiha-

Posted: 05 June 2012 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
@TM - amazing post and i completely agree with you in most of the aspects; even i usually question myself about this aspect of majority of the tv shows; as for this show i'm completely for Krish/ Rajnibala regardless of agreeing completely with what you said! I quite like the actress playing rajni while i'm not quite impressed with behnaf...i might have liked krish poulomi jodi more if another actor was playing poulomi (dont mean to offend anyone with this; just my opinion) :) but yeh for now i will go with krish-rajni

as for compatibility i dont think krish poulomi would be compatible just because both are career oriented; honestly krish and poulomi together seem like school going kids; krish needs a life partner who will i donno bring a lil bit of sensitivity into him

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Anku_20pherishsuman2Mulan08leavesandwavesashish.sachissroomani

ssroomani

IF-Rockerz

ssroomani

Posted: 05 June 2012 at 10:27pm | IP Logged

@TM, I understand where you are coming from, but I feel it is a bit too early to form judgments as of now.    Showing a family like the Vaishnavs who have the older generation quite traditional and the younger generation modern is not really regressive……….that is how most families are in India at the moment.   And marriages are considered as union of families even now by the majority, not just a man and a woman, however old-fashioned it may sound!  And when mothers look for wives for their sons, they do look for a girl who will fit in with the family, not just the son!  I agree with you that Poulomi seems more compatible with Krish than Rajnibala who is a village girl, but Krish is impulsive and a little thoughtless in his behavior, so maybe Rajni might complement him better…….it is just a thought of mine…..Poulomi would go on looking after every need of his and he would remain the same...while Rajni might end up making a better person of him!

Also there has to be something negative for something else positive to be highlighted, so showing a traditional family changing its mindset is really progressive, not regressive!  If the family is so broadminded and accepting of Poulomi (in fact, only Yashoda seems to have reservations against her), then would there be a story at all?   Should we not watch a bit more before we decide that the show is regressive in nature?

I would wait for the CVs to develop the story some more before making up my mind!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pherishThinker_Belle

pherish

Groupbie

pherish

Posted: 05 June 2012 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
pl dont evaluate the show on very first week drama.this is  starting of the show.what ever you think that is correct but in not only gujarat all over the world people wants bahu with good sanskar and have family values.if u are finding bahu for your brother you will think in same direction.no doubt people will now a days select educated girl with good sanskar and good family when arrange marriage takes place.in gujarat there is very less percentage of dowry system compare to other states in india where dulha bikta hai ,so dont blame gujju culture.we may see twist and turn in the show and rajnibala can be better then paulomi. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Thinker_Belle

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.