Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: -OmKara-

Guess Who

So u think Salman Movies making BG(148 Cr), DABANGG(140 Cr),READY (121 Cr) is very easy to achieve, means Audience is in Such a DUMB STATE that they will make those movies such a BIG HIT???  Now this is purely biased out of the way to say it is very easy... So why doesn't Any Other STAR is able to give that Much BIG HITS from those kind of FILMS?

Why does Hrithik's Agneepath fall to just 120 Cr, even Opening with Such a HUGE BOOM 1st Day? It was so easy for that film to cross All 3 Salman movies which I mentioned above... Also Hrithik was coming after doing a INTELLIGENT CINEMA Film ZNMD... IT should have Reached 150 Cr for sure... phir y did it fell flat from achieving such heights IF IT IS SO EASY???

Hasn't Salman said before that he's going to keep doing these senseless movies because thats what the audience want to seem him in. Pretty much calling the audience chu**ya. And he's kinda right. Also said that he tried making an "intelligent film" like Phir Milenge but nobody came to see it.
Even the actors know that these movies are dumb formula films made for one intention only. Making money. Kya karien. That's what audience want. Karna parta hai. It is a business at the end of the day but film-making is also an art.

Thankfully most actors still have some artistic integrity left in them. They do one film for the money, the other for art. Ajay Devgan is a perfect example. He might do Singham and Golmaal 3 but he'll also do TLOBS and Aakrosh ( Box office fate notwithstanding).

Originally posted by: guess_wh0

Hasn't Salman said before that he's going to keep doing these senseless movies because thats what the audience want to seem him in. Pretty much calling the audience chu**ya. And he's kinda right. Also said that he tried making an "intelligent film" like Phir Milenge but nobody came to see it.

I think u have misunderstood by what he means, Why wud he call the audience "chutiya" who made him what he is today... Phir Milenge waala example was that ke ppl today don't wanna see films based on Real life Issues, like it was on AIDS, by Saying this he never meant to call audience in that word which u used... He is saying after Veer that He Wanna do Movies which he would like to watch 1st Day 1st Show as a Audience, and he will continue to do this kind of movies till the audience love him... He never would say about audience in that way.

Even the actors know that these movies are dumb formula films made for one intention only. Making money. Kya karien. That's what audience want. Karna parta hai. It is a business at the end of the day but film-making is also an art. 

Those who make films have families at Home, if what they Make won't return them with Money, How would their families will Survive? The thing u r talking About ART CINEMA, It is related to THEATER ART, Stage Plays, where You can show ur creativity. A Film which u r making involves lots of Hard work plus MONEY, if u can't Earn, then who will continue to run the costliest Setups.

Everybody has to survive on MONEY... Now u gave example of ZNMD, i would like 2 ask Did Hrithik did that film for free? Did Abhay also did it for Free? If that was ART, why did MULTIPLEX OWNERS Charge from the Audience which went to see the film? You should keep tickets for free as it is CREATIVE WORK. All answers to these questions will come to 1 point - MONEY.

I agree that film-making is a business. All movies are meant to make money. But making money doesn't have to be cheap. You can make money and be creative as well.

Regardless, this argument will never end. Jab tak audience nahi badlenge, cinema nahi badlegi. We will always be stuck in the 70's and never move forward. You support your films, I'll support mine.

All I have to say is, once a brilliant film-maker like Mahesh Bhatt (Arth,Daddy,Saaransh) is today the agent of po*nography in India. He knows the SS audience wants sex and that's how he makes his money. I just hope a Dibakar or a Shimit Amin don't succumb to these things.
For u it's a Cheap to make money on Masala Movies... For us it is CREATIVE... 

Individual Choices.
Guess Who

Single Screen audience needs SEX?? ROFL... What kind of Sex Scenes are there in movies like Ready, Singham, and now Rowdy Rathore??? 

Amazing to see your hatred for this kind of movies... πŸ˜†
Originally posted by: -OmKara-

Guess Who

Single Screen audience needs SEX?? ROFL... What kind of Sex Scenes are there in movies like Ready, Singham, and now Rowdy Rathore??? 

Amazing to see your hatred for this kind of movies... πŸ˜†

See Murder,Julie, Murder 2,Jism. All single screen hits. Multiplex audience won't even spit on movies like these.

http://www.digitalspy.ca/bollywood/news/a366906/mahesh-bhatt-sex-not-serious-films-sell-in-bollywood.html

Kyon thak raha hai?
Ab tum logo ko dekhna hai to dekho, seetiyaan maro. πŸ˜†
@TM: You are indeed correct, my friend. But the people you've chosen to argue with don't fit the bill of this argument. πŸ˜†.

So 'Dabangg' was *cough* "critically acclaimed". New one. A HUGELY new one. Needs the "happens only in India" tag. *clears throat*
[Just coz there have been few good cirtically acclaimed films then that doesn't mean we should make Bollywood into that. Even in Hollywood, critically acclaimed films don't do well but just win accolades. [/QUOTE]

ERRR

INCEPTION THE EVENGERS  HP FILMS AVATAR

THESE ALL ARE CRITCIALLY ACCAL;IMED YET THEY ALL ARE BOX OFFICE  MEGA HITS

TAKE INCEPTION IT CAN BE "ARTY" FILM BUT MADE MOINEY IT MADE AUDINCE THING AND ENGAGE YET MADE MONEY NOT ONLY IN HOLLYWOOD BUT IN INDIA TOO

NO BODYGUARD SINGAHM DONT DEFINE BOLLYWOOD

HAVE U SEEN OLD CLASSIC OF 1950'S AND 1940'S those films did not have MASALA

what about MOTHER INDIA

what about MUGHAL E AJAM

even after 50 year people remember these films

heck people still remmember LAGAAN DCH after 10 years

do u think after 10 year anyone will remmember SINGHAM RR BODYGUARD????
Originally posted by: guess_wh0

I agree that film-making is a business. All movies are meant to make money. But making money doesn't have to be cheap. You can make money and be creative as well.

Regardless, this argument will never end. Jab tak audience nahi badlenge, cinema nahi badlegi. We will always be stuck in the 70's and never move forward. You support your films, I'll support mine.

All I have to say is, once a brilliant film-maker like Mahesh Bhatt (Arth,Daddy,Saaransh) is today the agent of po*nography in India. He knows the SS audience wants sex and that's how he makes his money. I just hope a Dibakar or a Shimit Amin don't succumb to these things.

audience kaise badlegi....there was a wave of small budget movies that had worked in between but now since the trash has started working againπŸ₯±...there is hardly any hope...now after the success of Rowdy rathore...100 more garbage shall come along becoz the producers will ape the same way. they go out for the same formula...small films are not even getting DVD releases, they are finding tough to release... well certainly i know what taste is about...if i have a library at my home I will keep good movies rather than kabada. and why should I care what people think...filmon ka bhi wahi haal hai jo indian politics ka hai...na woh kabhi badlegi na movies...sab aise hi chalta rahega. woh din nazdeek nahi jab log apne ghar mein theatre bana lenge and they don't need to go and spent their money on trash
u know what FUNNY THING is

same idiots MEDIA/CRITICS praising "masla" films are same people who used to trash on SUNNY DEOL for "over the toop action"

"making people fly with one punch"
i mean how often same people IGNORE

sinny's movies in "action belt" back in mid 2000's

i remember same tarde pundits used to say

"this film do no opened in mulltiplex but only in mass centres " but back then these MASS centres did not matter to them

telll me what akshay salman ddoes sunn was doing same

INFACT BIG BORHHER  raked more money from mass centres but back then SAME IDIOTS LIKE TARAN label movie flop because it only did better in mass centtres

or as they used to call "b or c centres"

AB KAYA HO GAYA

ek film hit ho gayi toh apnei TUNE BADL LIYE

sunny has been UNFAIR VICTIM of this bollywood system IMO