Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-AquaMermaiden-

IF-Stunnerz

-AquaMermaiden-

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Hi guys,
Its Mahi here Hug, I'm usually pretty silent on this forum but today I thought to share something with you all.

I don't know how many of you know about this (mostly do), but Besharmi
March is an inspired idea from 's**t Walk' (S-L-*-T Walk...you can pretty much guess the word I'm talking about) which happened in Canada. A policeman (Michael Sanguinetti) had given a statement that rapes happen because girls wear short clothes thus dressing like 's**ts'. He blamed the dressing of women as the reason of rapes instead of the guy's mentality (intention+action). Thus he termed victims of sexual assault as 's**ts' instead of sympathizing with them ... so women did organize a 's**t Walk' in Toronto and wore their shortest dresses in it signifying that wearing a short dress doesn't make anyone a s**t and women should wear any type of clothing and be who they want to be without any threat of violence.

And now this has spread to many different countries and cities. For example in NY s**tWalk was organized this year on the 4th of March.

*Mods can close the topic if its not appropriate, but since Besharmi March is going on in the show, I thought I'd provide some background info about it for people who don't know if its real or just a show's track*

Edited by mahi0809 - 04 June 2012 at 1:20pm

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

Optimus_promniasharma11katty1HudaakAnikz003soumyakElenaElenorsparkling-star_Rashmicuty_k.sariminoz.chaichilanamika143..ForeverForUprc_fan1Dr.BasketGuptaU-No-Poo-dosy_devil-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Besharmi March = Real life 's**t Walk'" in Suvreen Guggal - Topper of the year forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-AquaMermaiden-

IF-Stunnerz

-AquaMermaiden-

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 11:32am | IP Logged
Plz do comment whether you knew about it or not and what do you feel about this initiative!

ForeverForU

IF-Rockerz

ForeverForU

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
hey mahi...I dint know abt it(I hardly read newspapers)...but I do feel it is a great way of showing the people who talks bad abt a girl without knowing abt the circumstances...its the mentality of such people that needs to be changed not the cloths of woman...thanx for providing the info!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JiaaRee

isnat

IF-Dazzler

isnat

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
oh I never knew that...both cases sound so similar...well the whole Besharmi March thing did look realistic and has great lesson too..

chaichil

IF-Dazzler

chaichil

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 8:10pm | IP Logged
Wow tht wos a gr8 info!
Tfs

anamika143..

IF-Dazzler

anamika143..

Posted: 05 June 2012 at 12:00am | IP Logged
ya i knw it happened all over the world...the protest even happened in delhi i guess!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-dosy_devil-

-dosy_devil-

IF-Sizzlerz

-dosy_devil-

Posted: 05 June 2012 at 12:59am | IP Logged
yeah mahi...knew that this track is showcasing the similarities to s**t walk...anyways thanks for sharing

.sariminoz.

IF-Dazzler

.sariminoz.

Posted: 05 June 2012 at 1:07am | IP Logged
ya i knew about it it became global

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.