Aasman Se Aage

Real or Reel - What is more interesting?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

ApoorvaFan

Viewbie

ApoorvaFan

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 2:46am | IP Logged
I work in a highly political working environment where every word you say and every mail you write has to be carefully drafted with balance and we have to think how we can influence the people around us.

DC - I feel he is so real...the kind of people or persons we see in every day life. So I connect very well with DC and feel he is one among us who has multi - dimensional outlook, Changes his words and acts according to situations and tries to achieve his goals...

I also feel Sandhya and Bobby are also so real... We find these kind of people. Especially Sandhya who though knows certain things done by her boss are not liked by her, she ignores them and tries to keep her focus only on her work...

But when you see Meenakshi, Anagd and Akshat they are reel characters... Especially Meenakshi -The dame in distress, the cry baby... Whom you find in every telly soap...

Same goes with Angad.The good and rooted Bhai. We find this kind of support role in every telly soap.

Akshat - The kiddish, impulsive Prince Charming - A favorite of Telly world writers. who changes with the good female lead's interactions.

Karishma -the typical Telly world vamp - but not too much like Komalika...

Now, as viewers what we like to see most? With what we connect most? Most of the TRP giving janata connect with Ideal Bahu, cry babies,  innocent and kiddish Prince charmings etc.. We try to idealize and see what we are not in real life...

But few of us prefer to connect with characters close to real life...

Real world is full of DCs and Reel world is full of CBs (Meenakshi)...

Do share your views on my observations...

Edited by ApoorvaFan - 04 June 2012 at 2:54am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Nirjhor105kasturika_kashuasdpsanmolKrrish4Youswethasyam08likarshTaiyonoimi-MamuKiBhanji-shanti05

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Real or Reel - What is more interesting?" in Aasman Se Aage forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ApoorvaFan

Viewbie

ApoorvaFan

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 3:04am | IP Logged
Fortunately or unfortunately I am a big fan of Apurva .So people may think I view with fan eyes and think with phanka brain...

But this post is made with a normal viewer's mind set... Most of the times, I write with normal viewer mind set because I separate the actor and character when I analyse...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

asdpsanmolswethasyam08likarshTaiyonoimishanti05

Taiyonoimi

IF-Stunnerz

Taiyonoimi

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 3:15am | IP Logged
ApoorvaFan: Quite a neat, good topic. Well, I prefer fiction more than facts and reality, probably because I think imagination is more powerful than daily events (I am a born day-dreamer). But, most of the characters in fiction come from reality.

DC may look real to you but then he still wears the cloak of a fictitious character and a real character can only go till a particular distance but in fiction, it's a different story.

Meenakshi is the fictional damsel in distress, shedding tears all the time but then, how many we know come from that strata of the society. We usually evaluate people/characters based on our interactions and experience, and often we interact with our kinds and don't know the people standing on the other side of the fence.

Angad: I think, there are brothers of such kind in reality too. Yes, such characters are in dozen of shows but then as I said, fiction often takes its characters from reality.

Akshat: He is real cum fictitious just like DC. Impulsive: Real. Charming: Real cum Fiction. Flirt: Real. Confused: Real. Temperamental: Real cum Fiction.

I forgot to add Karishma: She is not the typical vamp.  There are stories of how parents want to fulfill their dreams through their kids, and they do exploit them. Recently heard a story about an upcoming South-Indian actress and how her mother pimps her around for roles. Mean, catty, or cruel, I haven't seen anyone make faces like that and some of the taunts of hers are bookish. So, she is real cum fictitious.

P.S: I enjoy stories and nothing can give me more high than a good story. A great number of critics love a movie or stories because it's very close to reality and one can relate to them. And, I am kind of lost because I don't want to read reality in fiction -- it has to be different from what I see around me, but lately I have concluded that, it's difficult to create a mirror image of reality because for that one needs great observation skills and if the writer or the director is able to create that, hats off to them and they deserve the highest praise.

But, I prefer complete fictional account more than the reality. I like to live in a bubble. Smile

Edited by an12345678 - 04 June 2012 at 4:50am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Nirjhor105ApoorvaFanswethasyam08-MamuKiBhanji-

Taiyonoimi

IF-Stunnerz

Taiyonoimi

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ApoorvaFan

Fortunately or unfortunately I am a big fan of Apurva .So people may think I view with fan eyes and think with phanka brain...

But this post is made with a normal viewer's mind set... Most of the times, I write with normal viewer mind set because I separate the actor and character when I analyse...

Smile A post can tell a lot about the one posting it and I find you a balanced one. Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Nirjhor105ApoorvaFanswethasyam08-MamuKiBhanji-

asdpsanmol

IF-Rockerz

asdpsanmol

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 5:02am | IP Logged
Real or reel character as a viewer I have a tendency to admire characters I like be it their acting, screen space, screen presence, actions,ability to emote plays a major role , character growth , impact due to other characters  and treatment towards other characters .
For example Karishma as an actress I am seeing her for the first time. I have read she is the antogonist but she does not appear one at the moment in friday's episode she had a edge over Miss cry baby's mahan dialogues . It seemed so real . Iam getting totally connected to this contestant of DC whatever her past deeds she is becoming my fav female character after Sandhya.
DC , I will leave alone as I have been a fan of Apurva since 2003, very hard to let go of the fan hat (as Bhanu describes me)Heart and I have loved each one of his characters and could always relate to them. I love watching DC and long to see more of his scenes.  Big smile
Angad , I dont think he is reel. For me he is real apart from his love for his younger brother, he seems like a balanced individual. I have seen him deal with situations in a realistic manner. So I like him from the day he helped Meenaxi get her pass back. I actually thought he would her prince charming.Smile
Sandhya, very rational but wish Cvs would concentrate a bit on her feelings too . I wish to know what she thinks of DC the person she is with 24/7.Wink
yet to relate to other characters. Smile

Reel or real. I have loved watching  many unrealistic characters for the plain reason I love watching them. LOL

Edited by rekha03 - 04 June 2012 at 5:06am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ApoorvaFanswethasyam08

asdpsanmol

IF-Rockerz

asdpsanmol

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 5:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ApoorvaFan

Bhanu, I dont think there is anything wrong in thinking with a phanka brain eventually events or twists on the show will make even fans realise where there are wrong in judging characters . We can always be wrong about our fav actor 's character but we should be able to handle the reality .Smile

Sometimes it becomes hard to separate reality from fiction due to the love we have for our fav actor but at those times the show will make a viewer understand the character one day however hard it might be for the viewer to accept. I have seen several soaps of my fav actor so I know what Iam talking about.Big smile

Edited by rekha03 - 04 June 2012 at 5:20am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

swethasyam08

asdpsanmol

IF-Rockerz

asdpsanmol

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 6:17am | IP Logged
Bhanu, the best part of liking a character like DC is the power of the role. It is not actually connected to the female lead, hard to find such a character in the female dominated saree or salwar clad female lead world. DC is a class apart need not fall in love with the female lead to sustain his presence on the show. I love that part of DC the most, does not matter what he is playing grey or otherwise but such a role is setting a trend for strong male characters in the telly industry.  ClapBig smile

Edited by rekha03 - 04 June 2012 at 6:18am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Nirjhor105swethasyam08shanti05

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 10:04am | IP Logged
Nice Topic Bhanu,

I have always found DC very interesting. He is real thats all, His character can be dug dug and dug and I will find only Gold Gold and only Gold...Big smile The Gold coin value has gone up Daam I wanted to buy it Embarrassed..

I like Angad also, He can also be Dug Dug and Dug.. He can go wrong sometime but yet he is rooted to things...I see him like a little brother of Anmol Embarrassed Hope it stays that way...

Akshat I am not to happy with his nature, Is he is still seeping into the character of being good?, but the snail speed he does it in after repercussions is not good...Sorry to say time and tide waits for none and the sword hits and then you heal the wound how many times will that happen , there needs to be a stop for after the first time itself...Now it may seem that its in character but not getting absorbed by me..I am purely taking the character into consideration and my take is mine Smile

Karishma I like her I really Like her Bobby's dialogue..
She is a complete package for entertainment..Short dresses , Ready to take the plunge with a song given and ready to dedicate her life for her dream.. Sapney sabhi dekthey hai Lekin Sapony ki Keemat chukani padegi.. She Knows the FACT of life, She has morals too it dose'nt mean people who have a bi***ing attitude cannot have Morals BUT how she draws her line with the Kuch be attitude is acid test for herself...
I donno what is in store for her but till now she has moved a bit from her bad books to show variations in her character which is growth with consistency at the perks needed which is Gr8...

Meenkashi I she needs to buckle her seat belt, Morals holding high funda is IMPORTANT, But speaking with some thoughts for your own benefit and analyszing things and its outcome should be also thought.. The life moves in lightening speed and the dreams you carry  have to have some brainy idea to mend things around for yourself...

If I can hope for her to understand reality of LIFE and YET keep her morals intact and please herself with her work which implies pleasing also the well wishers she had would be Gr8 ...Work around for every pblm is there hope she understands that..

Back to my DC rant He has many layers , for once I may have thought he is an open book, even if he is he still carries layers and every action of his is questionable and answers are there, If people call him gray, evil, negative whatever or just a TRP sucker He is the most interesting and unique character shine among humans... Not fictional but me out there standing and doing what he does and say...Clap and Apurva doing this character is my Best bet and thanks for doing such a phenomenal character

Thats it from me for now, I wiill come back later for more LOL

Edited by shanti05 - 04 June 2012 at 10:24am

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.