Took a risk with ASA n like it:Apurva

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 1:47am | IP Logged

Apurva Agnihotri: I took a risk with 'Aasman Se Aage', but I like it

Apurva Agnihotri: I took a risk with 'Aasman Se Aage', but I like it

The actor is happy playing a grey character in his latest show

Apurva Agnihotri is back on television. After winning hearts as Armaan sir in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin, Apurva did several other shows such as Kaajjal and Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi but none got him the same fame. His latest show Aasman Se Aage is all set to change that. The show, which airs on Life OK, sees Apurva playing a reality show producer with shades of grey.

"Reality shows strive on emotions. People like to watch how a person works for 18 hours a day to earn 1,000 bucks or hardships faced by an autorickshaw driver. This is because they relate to the hardships," Apurva told IANS. "No one would really like to listen to the stories of a multi-millionaire. Aasman Se Aage delves into the world of reality shows. I wouldn't say it is 100 percent based on reality shows – 70 percent is about the reality shows, 30 percent is fiction," he added. The actor is quite familiar with reality shows as he has participated in two of them – Nach Baliye and Pati Patni Aur Woh.

He believes that agreeing to work in Aasman Se Aage was risky. "I have taken a risk, but I like it. It is a path-breaking show, something, which has not been on television before. The show has opened up well, considering there was hardly any publicity. Moreover, it clashes with Bade Acche Lagte Hain (on Sony) in the same time slot," he said.

Apurva feels television is yet to evolve. "I don't think television has evolved as yet, we are still trying to. The saas-bahu (mother-in-law and daughter-in-law) serials still rule the roost. People still like to watch such shows and are hesitant to accept new concepts," he said. Several shows start off with new concepts, but end up showing saas-bahu politics. This, Apurv said, is done for sake of increasing profit and added: "For the benefit of the show, they include major twist and turns."

"I think we should start having various seasons of the shows, just like American drama Desperate Housewives, where the curiosity remains among the audience," he added.

The actor, who made the switch from the big screen to the small one several years ago, is in no hurry to return to Bollywood. "I have no idea when I would be back on the big screen. I always opt for something that excites me. I would love to direct," he said.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

aj_12NandzLuvwhatthewhatpoo_sanizorkasturika_kashuasdpsanmolApoorvaFanswethasyam08SilentsoulKhatamKahanishanti05Taiyonoimi

asdpsanmol IF-Rockerz
asdpsanmol
asdpsanmol

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 1:52am | IP Logged
Apurva has always done roles rejected by others and taking risks is his mantra. I know ASA will give him loads of critical acclaim and awards . I hope he has them and gallis. Part and parcel of playing roles which people used to herd mentality  will not understand .

Edited by rekha03 - 05 June 2012 at 5:29am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

anizorApoorvaFanswethasyam08KhatamKahani

ApoorvaFan IF-Veteran Member
ApoorvaFan
ApoorvaFan

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 2:12am | IP Logged
Thank you Tanu...

His latest show Aasman Se Aage is all set to change that. 
This line says it all... We know DC is going to be a great character...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anizorasdpsanmolswethasyam08

asdpsanmol IF-Rockerz
asdpsanmol
asdpsanmol

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 2:28am | IP Logged
 I hope 'Dev Chopra' is just as great as DC !!! 

NandzLuvanizorswethasyam08

poo_s IF-Dazzler
poo_s
poo_s

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 5:28am | IP Logged
wow  aaj toh apu k interview ki barish
feeling emotionalCry
thanks so much for the article

anizorasdpsanmolswethasyam08

swethasyam08 IF-Veteran Member
swethasyam08
swethasyam08

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 6:46am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing Tanu!!
KhatamKahani IF-Sizzlerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 9:41am | IP Logged
Thanks.

I disagree with him on DH (and what he had said earlier about DH being a must watch for those interested in writing and producing).  

I also think the problem isn't the lack of seasonal breaks.  The problem is that the shows and channels don't end when they are supposed to; they try to prolong the shows for as long as they can, only to end it with short notice.  And then there are the TRP chasing tracks and deviations: Sometimes they're good and don't bring down the quality, but other times they're just W*F.

Edited by likarsh - 04 June 2012 at 9:45am
shanti05 IF-Stunnerz
shanti05
shanti05

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Thanks Tanu for sharing the article,

Its similar to one they posted on IF, atleast this says Armaan Sir, while the other says Amraan Mallik which is a completely different character..

@Likarsh I also agree with sometimes the shows get dragged for the sake of TRP but I have been watching US shows seasons and I love them They stop where its needed..

This whole TRP racquet is really unnecessary Now with online viewership its gaining so much popularity broad band and DSL have pumped in streaming content of shows which is so enjoyable...

Back to the article, Audience has to learn to reach out to various types of shows with different genre of understanding, Herd mentality only to see Saas Bahu shows love story shoudl'nt be the criteria, And every other day i read other actors actresses complaing that we want to do something unique and out of teh box and they are yet going back doing the same role...and do not wish to take a RISK..

APURVA I am glad you took up this role... DC (Dev Chopra) is one man army here and O Boy U rock..!!

I wish one day u do a television soap for US audience also love your dialect and the way you work around with your character and also the suave look u carry is awesome...I know u watch Desperate Housewives and shows which are intruding your knowledge build up of audience viewership, I hope ASA reaches the masses as this show with such concept 70%-30% comes once in a while and shoudl be catered to eyeballs.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

asdpsanmol

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index