TB-Article ON Apurva !!:)))

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 12:40am | IP Logged

Reality shows thrive on emotions: Apurva Agnihotri

Sunday, June 03, 2012 | 4:17:19 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 4 Comments Reality shows thrive on emotions: Apurva Agnihotri

Apurva Agnihotri is playing a reality show producer in "Aasman Se Aage" and says such shows thrive on emotions as hardships of contestants find a connect with the audiences.

Apurva Agnihotri is playing a reality show producer in "Aasman Se Aage" and says suchapoorva agnihotri shows thrive on emotions as hardships of contestants find a connect with the audiences.

"Reality shows strive on emotions. People like to watch how a person works for 18 hours to earn 1,000 bucks a day or hardships faced by an autorickshaw driver. This is because they relate to the hardships," Apurv told IANS on phone from Mumbai.

"No one would really like to listen to the stories of a multi-millionaire. 'Aasma Se Aagey' delves into the world of reality shows. I wouldn't say it is 100 percent based on reality shows - 70 percent is about the reality shows, 30 percent is fiction," he added.

The actor has himself participated in the reality shows like "Nach Baliye" and "Pati Patni Aur Woh".

By agreeing to work in 'Aasma Se Aagey', Apurv says, he has taken a risk. The show comes on Life OK.

"I have taken a risk, but I like it. It is a path-breaking show, something, which has not been on television before. The show has opened up well, considering there was hardly any publicity. Moreover, it clashes with 'Bade Acche Laggte Hai' (on Sony) on same time slot," he said.

Apurv is one actor who made a trasition from big to small screen. After working in movies like "Pardes" and "Pyaar Koi Khel Nahin", he moved to small screen.

The 39-year-old rose to fame on TV as Armaan Malik in popular show "Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin". Later he featured in "Kaajjal", "Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi".

The actor feels television is yet to evolve.

"I don't think television has evolved as yet, we are still trying to. The saas-bahu serials still rule the roost. People still like to watch such shows and are hesitant to accept new concepts," he said.

Lot of shows start off with new concepts, but end up showing saas-bahu politics. This, as Apurv says, is done to make profit and added: "For the benefit of the show, they include major twist and turns."

"I think we should start having various seasons of the shows, just like American drama 'Desperate Housewives', where the curiosity remains among the audience," he added.

What about going back to movies?

"I have no idea when would I be back on big screen. I always opt for something that excites me. I would love to direct," he said.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

anizorasdpsanmolApoorvaFanswethasyam08J.LO

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TB-Article ON Apurva !!:)))" in Aasman Se Aage forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 12:57am | IP Logged
I liked whatever he said, TB should take note of the correction that it needs to be Armaan Suri and not Armaan Mallik

n Yes its hitting when BALH comes But this show has so many dimensions, People should give a chance to see somthing different the genre is interesting and its novel...

And as Apurv says you need to diversify in viewing different shows...

I love the way he said about season I am so for it in US thats one thing I love and always liked shows which have season and it makes a healthy viewership an curiosity...

Yes Desperate Housewives is one of my fav shows too

And also his selections is always hatkey so I am so glad u r doing DC apu u r just phenomenal and Terrific with a T

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

asdpsanmolApoorvaFanswethasyam08

asdpsanmol

IF-Rockerz

asdpsanmol

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 1:13am | IP Logged
Shanti, Iam in lala land as at last IF has an article on DC aka Apu. let me come back on earth then shall post my views and yes major corrections. Armaan Suri not Armaan Malik and Bidaai + JJKN needs to be tagged but Sammy will be happy as Kaajal is tagged

ApoorvaFanswethasyam08shanti05

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 1:32am | IP Logged
Come back take ur time. Waise he does like Desperate Housewives, and he mentioned that one should write their stories seeing such shows which I also agree.. Embarrassed I have followed their seasons and its intruding..

What I like he said was the new generation has to explore watching different diemsnion, Even if u r a housewife you or a saas or bahu or whoever look for new dimensions see shows which explore human mind rather than always conspiracy kitchen politics..

DC is too good and Apu is doing a fab job !

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

anizorasdpsanmolApoorvaFanswethasyam08

asdpsanmol

IF-Rockerz

asdpsanmol

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 4:46am | IP Logged
I liked the bit about seasons , wish ASA has seasons and some fav soaps of mine where seasons were promised.
I dont watch saas bahu soaps, accidentally I watched Bidaai as Apu himself entered it so had a taste of SP's unique mahanta land. 

anizorApoorvaFanswethasyam08

poo_s

IF-Dazzler

poo_s

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 5:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shanti05

Reality shows thrive on emotions: Apurva Agnihotri

Sunday, June 03, 2012 | 4:17:19 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 4 Comments Reality shows thrive on emotions: Apurva Agnihotri

Apurva Agnihotri is playing a reality show producer in "Aasman Se Aage" and says such shows thrive on emotions as hardships of contestants find a connect with the audiences.

Apurva Agnihotri is playing a reality show producer in "Aasman Se Aage" and says suchapoorva agnihotri shows thrive on emotions as hardships of contestants find a connect with the audiences.

"Reality shows strive on emotions. People like to watch how a person works for 18 hours to earn 1,000 bucks a day or hardships faced by an autorickshaw driver. This is because they relate to the hardships," Apurv told IANS on phone from Mumbai.

"No one would really like to listen to the stories of a multi-millionaire. 'Aasma Se Aagey' delves into the world of reality shows. I wouldn't say it is 100 percent based on reality shows - 70 percent is about the reality shows, 30 percent is fiction," he added.

The actor has himself participated in the reality shows like "Nach Baliye" and "Pati Patni Aur Woh".

By agreeing to work in 'Aasma Se Aagey', Apurv says, he has taken a risk. The show comes on Life OK.

"I have taken a risk, but I like it. It is a path-breaking show, something, which has not been on television before. The show has opened up well, considering there was hardly any publicity. Moreover, it clashes with 'Bade Acche Laggte Hai' (on Sony) on same time slot," he said.

Apurv is one actor who made a trasition from big to small screen. After working in movies like "Pardes" and "Pyaar Koi Khel Nahin", he moved to small screen.

The 39-year-old rose to fame on TV as armaan mallik( this reporter cant b forgiven ...Angry his name was armaan suri..how much I love this name ..this reporter has no idea) in popular show "Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin". Later he featured in "Kaajjal", "Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi".

The actor feels television is yet to evolve.

"I don't think television has evolved as yet, we are still trying to. The saas-bahu serials still rule the roost. People still like to watch such shows and are hesitant to accept new concepts," he said.

Lot of shows start off with new concepts, but end up showing saas-bahu politics. This, as Apurv says, is done to make profit and added: "For the benefit of the show, they include major twist and turns."

"I think we should start having various seasons of the shows, just like American drama 'Desperate Housewives', where the curiosity remains among the audience," he added.

What about going back to movies?

"I have no idea when would I be back on big screen. I always opt for something that excites me. I would love to direct," he said.

tfsBig smile

anizorApoorvaFanswethasyam08

J.LO

IF-Sizzlerz

J.LO

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 6:38am | IP Logged
thanks

swethasyam08

IF-Veteran Member

swethasyam08

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 6:51am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing Shanti!!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.