Sensational South

GV gets into mass mode

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago

GV gets into mass mode

The music composer states that the music of the Karthi flick Saguni, which released yesterday, will appeal to all

Srinivasa Ramanujam

It was new territory for music composer G V Prakash when Saguni came up. The music for the Karthi-starrer demanded a massy touch, along with a generous dose of humour. "We've tried our best to come up with songs that will appeal to everyone," says the young composer about Dream Warrior Pictures' Saguni, the audio launch of which took place yesterday amidst a host of Kollywood celebrities.
    Post scoring for mostly offbeat films, he says that this film, which is described as a political satire, offered decent scope for music as well. "We've tried a classy folk, a kuthu song and a sweet melody in the album and there's something for all music lovers," he adds, "Some of the songs have interesting, funny lyrics like Kandha Karavadai… and will surely evoke a smile in the listeners."
    Saguni is GV's second flick with Karthi — the two had earlier worked on Aayirathil Oruvan — and he's pretty sure that this combination will click at the BO. "The film has Karthi and Santhanam exchanges some really funny dialogues and is a rollercoaster ride in terms of comedy," he says, "Plus, all the real-life links that the scenes have will have viewers in awe."
    There's also buzz that Karthi has 'crooned' a few lines in one of the songs. Ask GV about that and he says, "Well, it's not like he has actually sung, but he's given a nice funny touch to one of the songs with his dialogues. In fact, all the songs have been the result of musical jamming sessions between me and the director and I'm happy that they've come out well."
    So, has his fiance Saindhavi sung in the album? "Yes, she has sung a song in the film along with one of my favourite male singers, Sonu Nigam. It's called Manasellam Mazhaiye… and it's a nice melody," he adds.

A still from Saguni and (inset) G V Prakash

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SweetyGreen thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Thanks Chal didi for sharing this news..👏

Yes they are a rocking combo back after Aayirathil Oruvan..😛 and i always love to hear Saindhavi's honey voice she is brilliant in melody singing..😍