Article: Is ASA going beyond the concept...

Posted: 11 years ago
Is Aasman Se Aage going beyond the concept of reality shows?

This is definitely not something new to the world of TV shows as there are many who actually get deviated from the path; they had initially started on with.

In the recent past we came across many shows which were accused of leaving the base behind and catering things in order to bag high TRPs. Shows like Star Plus' Pratigya, Colors' Balika Vadhu and a few more were amongst the ones questioned of this divergence from the core concept. And we guess here we have one more daily soap to join the league.

Well, we are talking of Life Ok's newly launched Aasman Se Aage, which is said to be based on the concept of showing the reality behind the Reality Shows. Though it indeed started off in the right manner and even showcased the harsh truth aptly to some extent but now it just looks like losing the grip.

The urge of showing reality has brought in various sequences which just don't seem to be in sync with reality shows' and their concepts. Be it the love track introduced between Akshat (Siddhant Karnick) and Meenakshi (Ojaswi Oberoi) or the plotting done by DC (Apoorva Agnihotri), everything sound a bit over the top.

This makes us wonder if the makers have started incorporating things, which have no connection with the true concept, just to bag more of TRPs!

Hope the creatives will soon shift the focus on Meenakshi and her journey towards success rather than spoiling the drama with undesired twists!

The plot is very much intact
The focus DC and his show and his protaganist meenakshi and her world and the twist he makesEdited by shanti05 - 11 years ago
I dont think it is going beyond the concept. The second gala shall be there soon as per the track.
Is ASA becoming a saas bahu saga ? Meenaxi is not running away with her love interest and getting married right, if yes then I will say it is going off focus.😆
DC is as usual setting the stage for next track on his reality show , ASA.😊
Edited by rekha03 - 11 years ago
Some points to Ponder:

1.MMS scandal is not cleared.
2. Roshni was behaving a bit odd with a back story .. if she is sent out without clearing that ?
3. The love track was too fast and very unrealistic...
4. None of the contestants talk about songs and practice dance... Most of the time they are eating or watching TV...
5. Meenakshi is too bechari and a cry baby - This is her story so her character should be interesting and should attract real audience to follow her journey...

]Some points to Ponder:

MMS scandal not cleared with one motive more trps when they get to that, Alan saying he was sick was lame at least for me.

2. Roshni was behaving a bit odd with a back story .. if she is sent out without clearing that ?
We dont know yet she will go without clearly her back story  frankly I find nothing to clear in her story for me she is not getting what she really wants, why she drinks because she is lonely not strong enough to handle rejection though not intentional if love is onesided 

maybe because it is drama inside a reality show , a match just for the reality show

4. None of the contestants talk about songs and practice dance... Most of the time they are eating or watching TV...
they can't always show dance practice, they are now trying to show a big boss like environment.😉

5. Meenakshi is too bechari and a cry baby - This is her story so her character should be interesting and should attract real audience to follow her journey...
 The female lead does not interest me one bit, a big let down I find Karishma more interesting these days .

Interesting points Bhanu 👏
Edited by rekha03 - 11 years ago
Yes rekha I agree with the point
Many a times these spontaneity is to be understood
The bg score makes up with many such aspects
And the viwers are suppose to register things with the overall factor at that perticular instant
Such shows need not bring the conclusion open things need to be inferred with instances and gluing them

Yes major side they are showing wrt to the concept and it's going perfectly
It's wheeled within a wheel so is tricky and the understanding ability has to be way fast with its execution and we get a chane to ponder and discuss which clears a lot of interactive minds
As this show only plays with human mind 😊
Originally posted by ApoorvaFan

Some points to Ponder:

Hi Bhanu! Nice points to ponder...my responses in red...

Yes but maybe it won't be until ALL DC's manipulations also come out. Everyone seems to have accepted it as part of the game...no one seems interested in finding out who filmed them...after all, they have cameraa trained on them 24/7 anyway...Maybe Alan will tell Meenakshi at some point...

I'm sort of liking this not explaining ALL the details and backstory...we have hints and are left to imagine...From what we know of Roshni, she was also someone DC plucked out of obscurity and groomed for stardom. In the process she lost her sense of self, got too dependent on DC, and when he withdrew his Love? attention? she turned to alcohol...maybe we don;t need to know more??? maybe...

This I agree with...I actually don't think of it as a Love track...it's a crush track...they're attracted to each other...but people throw around the word LOVE too easily anyway...

SOOO true! 😆 😆 😆 😆 Or they're plotting or bullying...anything but actually dancing...but then again...do I actually want to see them rehearsing the numbers we'll see anyway? Not really...

I had great sympathy for Meenakshi in the initial episodes...but you're SO right (as is DC!) she's losing my sympathy with her non-stop victimhood...and I actually feel bad about that, after all, she really has come from nothing. the odds against her ARE enormous...yet, one has one's limits. Which is why I am glad to see her refuse DC in the latest promo...that showed some determination and sense of self...at last!!!

Edited by narangi_77 - 11 years ago
About the other contestants practicing it need not be shown
They have to perform in the gala round
When the main people of the show take their breaks they show the others also

I have seen the others do discuss the steps and having their iPod on practicing their gestures when they are all in the same vicinity
The focal point of the storyline are for certain characters in depth
The other contestants being a part of this team and their part is minimally triggered
Originally posted by ApoorvaFan

Some points to Ponder:

It's not actually a reality show but a daily airing show inspired by reality shows. Fiction needs more ingredients than reality, and it cannot be a carbon copy of a reality show.

MMS Scandal and Roshni are loose ends and the creatives need to give them the closure. Alan disappearing act I still cannot digest.

Red: Yep, quite fast probably to bring more twist to the tale, or because it was not the real deal.

4. Or, passing snide remarks for Meenakshi.

Indian television believes that tears bring the TRP so there it's

Edited by an12345678 - 11 years ago
Frankly a show can't please and satisfy everyone but ASA at present is sticking to its theme and not be a documentary like it was seen in the initial stages.