The Official NIHIRA JOSHI FAN CLUB - # 2 - Page 133

Posted: 17 years ago

Hi Vineeth,

Yes, we always have a lot of fun for Onam. It is officially on Sept. 5th, but we made flower carpets yesterday because it was the weekend 😊 Here is a picture of the one we made this year.

Happy Onam to all of you !!! Thanks Vineeth, Deepak and Varshadi for the good wishes. 😊

Tushar, that wallpaper was indeed fabulous. Vinaya ji, that Flower Carpet (Rangoli?) is so beautiful.
Originally posted by SolidSnake

Tushar, that wallpaper was indeed fabulous. Vinaya ji, that Flower Carpet (Rangoli?) is so beautiful.

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for responding 😊  Onam is harvest festival in Kerala... when they harvest the paddy(rice) fields.  The flower carpets looks like Rangoli designs, but they are made with flower petals and leaves.  Actually, in India many families have competitions to see who makes the best flower carpets.  But, here in the US, flowers are very expensive... so we can't make several big carpets.

Hope you are still having good weather in Dilli 😛

Vinaya

Hello Varshadi, Vineeth, Deepak, Tushar, Trupti, Amogh, Govindji, Sudha, Smriti, Meetu and other Nihira Fans,

Since we are already on page 149, I have opened a new post for the 3rd edition of Nihira Fan Club. The URL is:

The Offical NIHIRA JOSHI FAN CLUB - # 3

I hope to see you all there soon 😃

Thanks,
Vinaya.
Edited by shesthebest - 17 years ago

Wish you all a very Happy Onam.

Vinayaji, those flower carpets are very eye catching and pretty. Shows your creativeness and eye for art 😊 . have a great festival today.
Last year we had been to a kerala food festival on the onam day and had puttus, avial, paysam and lots of kerala dish. and I just luv the kerala papads.

Tushar: Wonderful wallpapers.

Wow feeling excited about reaching the 150th page. 😊

Edited by vineethn - 17 years ago