Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

Taiyonoimi

IF-Stunnerz

Taiyonoimi

Posted: 02 June 2012 at 5:36am | IP Logged

I don't post in the threads that are dedicated to DC but that doesn't mean I don't notice him or like his character. I have my views on him and I don't see him through the prism of the actor playing the role. I see him as the character, similar to the "Big Brother" of "Orwell's 1984."

I find it strange that the majority here find his character multi-dimensional -- I think he is double-layered -- but the analyses are usually uni-dimensional (DC should get the girl). Here is my analysis of his character. It's strictly my opinion and I have no intention of hurting anyone via my post. If there is disagreement, please attack the post and not me the poster.

The Puppeteer

The man's eyes had the glint of a fiend and then there was warmth of a friend in his demeanour. He is the puppeteer pulling the strings of live puppets to attain his goals. But, that does not mean, the puppeteer does not care for his puppets. Without them, he won't have a show to run.

How many of us watch the Puppeteer when a Puppet Show is going on. We mostly concentrate on the puppets because they are showing the story. He will do what needs to be done but without coming in the limelight. The moment, he lets the focus shift on him, he reveals his plans and the live puppets may revolt. He is the mastermind but not the story.

He is Flawed

He is not the epitome of righteousness who is there to mentor the damsel in distress via his twisted ways. He is the slave to his own goals, and the master to the young girls and boys with dreams in their eyes. He has the stamp of memorable because he is completely flawed.

His past may be a mystery as we have no clue about his background, but he is no mystery. We can see his cards and what he plans to achieve and which strings he is pulling to achieve that. Does his past matter here, no, I don't think so. He must have become today's DC because of his yesterday's experience but then he won't be the memorable DC without that experience.

I'll be Disappointed

I find the pairing of Akshat-Meenakshi perfect so will be disappointed if they break-up and go their separate ways. But, I'll be more disappointed if this show becomes about DC and the girl because for the contestants the show will end, but for DC, the show must go on and the Puppeteer has to go back to the drawing board to plan for the next season.

The love story is one of the many attractions; the real deal is the competition that DC runs. I hope, the show does not become about who falls for which girl and why. Plus, each character has a specific purpose to serve in the show. Let DC be DC -- the Protagonist cum Antagonist who runs the show!

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

smileytvAgastyaArchan-Deepzz-adigaagwhatthewhatFaithnFate-pixie-ApoorvaFanSofna-MamuKiBhanji-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Let DC be DC!" in Aasman Se Aage forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-MamuKiBhanji-

IF-Stunnerz

-MamuKiBhanji-

Posted: 02 June 2012 at 5:55am | IP Logged
AN : Lemme read 1st then 'll see what can I write :)

Edit : AN,Take a bow.You just nailed it & now I'm in deep thought (Not like poets thoughLOL)what should I add more.
Chalo ,I'll just go straight to few point which I could understand about ASA & my POV on DC-The Character.

The Puppeteer & Puppet example was totally suitable one here just how DC uses Jungle & the animals to describe his POV.For me,DC is the mastermind of the show..b'coz - it's his "show"He plans the stuff going by what gives him TRP.As ASA is based on reality shows reality so I won't be wrong if I said he's thinking just the way other actual reality shows Producer 'd think & plan to get their desire TRP.
He's the god of his own world(The Jungle?Confused) & animals are bound to do what he plans.Like Roshni said,It's all upto DC how n when he wants to present himself..Though DC's said he,does feel bad & want good for few & Meenakshi - Roshni obviously are the two.

But the question rise here,What is happening with Meenakshi,isn't it happening b'coz of him as well?
He projected her as the next Dancing superstar in making,He showed the false clips of hugging so that other contestant makes her life hell & viewers feel bad,Thus they watch the show (TRP) & vote of the bechari( His plans working)

M goona win,Akshat think He's the best so does Karishma who wants to win but I'm still unable to understand what make M the best dancer apart from the fixed thing that she'll be the winner coz he wants & create such situation which 'll make viewers vote for her,not b'coz of her talent.Ouch

Though ,the good side of him we see in few situation as in Sameer Fiasco & M's wardrobe manufacturer but he exactly made his plan work out of this as well by making Akshat's feelings public-taking sameer's parent's IV,asking them to have tears in their eyes & then speak.Telling boby to revel K;s plan to Akshat ,He saved Meenakshi here but K who didn't actually plan this got to the one to take the all blame..was it right?Confused

I'm sure he had a bad past & may be this why he's this way but @ the same time he wishes to be this way,He wants to be the winner,He doesn't like it when someone going against his will.

Yesterday when M told him " whatever he does it has a good reason behind" on that he said " true,you r right there is reason behind" Then he asked as she has challenge Karishma,he wants to help her in everything coz her win is his & her lose-Never mind..

DC is not ready to take the responsibility for anyone's lose,Be it Meenakshi or anyone else.
I'm not sure what DC actually wanted here by show-casing M in that costume n song,Did he motive to do what he actually said to her coz after M's refusal he's angry @ her or he wants TRP  & votes for damsel in distress by looking herself a bechari infront of viewers or he actually make M pay for this?

I'm yet to learn this..

Whatever but the actor doing a good job playing it,& I'm liking the way his character has been sketched ,S'time it does feel a lil well..not able to find the exact word.. As in he was one to say Akshat is perfect for M n then sandiya said yes,he's,all of a sudden seems he doesn't think by saying "He's not that hawa" or "you are the watching what we can see with open eyes..I still didn't get what he truly meant by that..such thing confuse me.Then why he had chosen him for M ?

As for DC-M ,Love angle,Honestly,I won't like to comment on that.For me it's not needed & just for the sake that he's amazing in lovers role-This reason is not enough for me to  look forward to DC-M jodi, & it'd be a lil OTT for me,as somehow I don't like teacher-student kind of relationship turning in to s'thing else..

MY POV .

Edited by piya2025 - 02 June 2012 at 6:43am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

whatthewhatadigaagTaiyonoimi

Taiyonoimi

IF-Stunnerz

Taiyonoimi

Posted: 02 June 2012 at 5:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by piya2025

AN : Lemme read 1st then 'll see what can I write :)

Looking forward to reading your views. Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

whatthewhatadigaag

MP07

Goldie

MP07

Posted: 02 June 2012 at 6:06am | IP Logged
I absolutely LOVE ur post...its so beautifully worded and i agree with everything u said. He's jus the mastermind...the puppeteer...he does what he has to. But like u said it doesn't mean he doesnt care...doesnt have feelings...because he does...but he's not here to get attached he's jus here to do his job...n get his show to the top.

N yes the love angles on this show are jus one of many attractions...but it shuldnt be so that it takes away from the main plot or purpose of this show...which is first n foremost dance n these individuals dreams. Giving DC a love story could be entertaining n all n i knw alot of peope wanna see DC n meenakshi together (not that i wuld mind-they have a great dynamic) but it may take away from the storyline...n also that special edge that we love about DC.

But on anotha note DC's a brilliant character...n i love that he's got this mysterious edge to him...that even if u didnt like him you'd still be curious enough to want to knw more about him n see more of him. Ur almost compelled too.

So once again great post An !...n i hope i didnt offend anyone eitha...it's jus my opinion.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

whatthewhatadigaagApoorvaFanTaiyonoimi-MamuKiBhanji-

Taiyonoimi

IF-Stunnerz

Taiyonoimi

Posted: 02 June 2012 at 6:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MP07

I absolutely LOVE ur post...its so beautifully worded and i agree with everything u said. He's jus the mastermind...the puppeteer...he does what he has to. But like u said it doesn't mean he doesnt care...doesnt have feelings...because he does...but he's not here to get attached he's jus here to do his job...n get his show to the top.

N yes the love angles on this show are jus one of many attractions...but it shuldnt be so that it takes away from the main plot or purpose of this show...which is first n foremost dance n these individuals dreams. Giving DC a love story could be entertaining n all n i knw alot of peope wanna see DC n meenakshi together (not that i wuld mind-they have a great dynamic) but it may take away from the storyline...n also that special edge that we love about DC.

But on anotha note DC's a brilliant character...n i love that he's got this mysterious edge to him...that even if u didnt like him you'd still be curious enough to want to knw more about him n see more of him. Ur almost compelled too.

So once again great post An !...n i hope i didnt offend anyone eitha...it's jus my opinion.

Thank You so much Monica!

Bold : Agree. Monica, for me -- as a viewer -- iDC s an open book because I can see what he is doing and hear, what he is saying but then his plans and motives create the movement in this show, and take it forward.

Edited by an12345678 - 02 June 2012 at 6:42am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

whatthewhatadigaag-MamuKiBhanji-

ApoorvaFan

IF-Veteran Member

ApoorvaFan

Posted: 02 June 2012 at 6:43am | IP Logged
I agree with this post.

I also see DC as a mastermind who runs this show... From the beginning I kept on telling love angles in this show are subplots and they are not the actual theme of this story line...

For me AkShi or Karishma-Angad or tomorrow Alan- Meenakshi or any other relations are to be viewed from the broad spectrum of how emotional conflicts and relationships play in influencing their goals and careers.

CVs are using DC as the medium through which they are trying to show the reality of reality shows. He is showing us how the PH, Channel and other stake holders influence normal TRP giving janata.

At this point of time, I do not seriously think about any love angle for DC... That does not go well with current story line... Meenakshi and DC are the leads that does not mean that they should have love interest... 

I do no want to comment more becasuse we do not know what is in store for us tomorrow. CVs may create DC and Meenakshi love angle... But that should again go well with the key concept of this show...

An, I did not understand your comment about not posting in other threads... I always like forums which are together and friendly... And in this show every actor/character have specific and clear sketch so I never think it will lead to any disputes... Hope it stays that way ...Smile

whatthewhatadigaag

-MamuKiBhanji-

IF-Stunnerz

-MamuKiBhanji-

Posted: 02 June 2012 at 6:44am | IP Logged
Edited :)

adigaagTaiyonoimi

ApoorvaFan

IF-Veteran Member

ApoorvaFan

Posted: 02 June 2012 at 6:49am | IP Logged
An,

I picked your these lines...

find it strange that the majority here find his character multi-dimensional -- I think he is double-layered -- but the analyses are usually uni-dimensional (DC should get the girl). Here is my analysis of his character. It's strictly my opinion and I have no intention of hurting anyone via my post. If there is disagreement, please attack the post and not me the poster.

This character is multi-dimensional becasue it has mixed spectrum of emotions, actions and reactions... Every other character incluidng Meenakshi in this show are single dimension becasue like you said we can predict and know how they behave ... where as with DC, he keeps on throwing surprises at us every moment... We know his plans are linked to TRPs of his show but the way he creates and executes differs every time... He attacks on different wavelengths each time...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sami01poo_swhatthewhatadigaag

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.