Aasman Se Aage
Aasman Se Aage

India-Forums

Dancing Super Star- Do's and Don'ts

ApoorvaFan IF-Veteran Member
ApoorvaFan
ApoorvaFan

Posted: 01 June 2012 at 12:18pm | IP Logged

In most of the singing reality shows I watch, the judges keep harping that a Singer should be versatile and should sing all kinds of songs.. Item Numbers, Melodies, Sad songs, classical etc...

The same applies to most of the dance reality shows also... I understand dancers perform on all kind of songs... If Meenakshi is not ready todo  any thing else than typical Classical dance kind of songs, how can she become dancing super star?

This show is not a Kathak or Bharatanatyam Competetion... This is a dance show where they have to dance on western, Indian classical, semi-classical, folk and also bollywood numbers...
How can she be restrictive?

I am not questioning or debating the way that song was offered to her and the kind of explanation DC has given to her... My post is not around that...

My point is, if Meenakshi cannot dance on all kind of songs can she become Dancing Super Star?

Edited by ApoorvaFan - 01 June 2012 at 12:18pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

ringrosesvasanthi16aan-rishwhatthewhatkasturika_kashuasdpsanmolswethasyam08Taiyonoimi-MamuKiBhanji-shanti05

Taiyonoimi IF-Stunnerz
Taiyonoimi
Taiyonoimi

Posted: 01 June 2012 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
ApoorvaFan: She has to be the "PERFORMER" and in the competition, she will be judged on all kind of dance forms. She should be ready for that, including item numbers.

The dress probably got to her more than the song or the dance. And, it's her choice now : Whether she wants viewers to giver her votes because of her revealing clothes or the performance.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ringrosesvasanthi16whatthewhatkasturika_kashuasdpsanmolApoorvaFanswethasyam08-MamuKiBhanji-

kasturika_kashu IF-Rockerz
kasturika_kashu
kasturika_kashu

Posted: 01 June 2012 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
the offering was sooo sudden.. i dnt think DC wants her to do that type of dance just now... he is very intelligent.. he knows that she will refuse.. maybe he has some bigger plans... maybe he only wanted her to refuse...Wink u cn nvr prdict DC...

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ringrosesneel_jayasdpsanmolbangaloresApoorvaFanswethasyam08-MamuKiBhanji-shanti05

ApoorvaFan IF-Veteran Member
ApoorvaFan
ApoorvaFan

Posted: 01 June 2012 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by an12345678

ApoorvaFan: She has to be the "PERFORMER" and in the competition, she will be judged on all kind of dance forms. She should be ready for that, including item numbers.

The dress probably got to her more than the song or the dance. And, it's her choice now : Whether she wants viewers to giver her votes because of her revealing clothes or the performance.
Yes... So not the song but the clothes are the problem... but that was not coming out clearly... Akshat and Meenakshi were worried about the song... And also Akshat mentioned," DC wants you to do an item number?

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ringrosesvasanthi16asdpsanmolswethasyam08Taiyonoimi

Taiyonoimi IF-Stunnerz
Taiyonoimi
Taiyonoimi

Posted: 01 June 2012 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ApoorvaFan

Yes... So not the song but the clothes are the problem... but that was not coming out clearly... Akshat and Meenakshi were worried about the song... And also Akshat mentioned," DC wants you to do an item number?

He did mention about the clothes and Alan also indicated about that.

But, one cannot deny that item number does suffer from image problem.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ringrosesvasanthi16ApoorvaFanswethasyam08

-MamuKiBhanji- IF-Stunnerz
-MamuKiBhanji-
-MamuKiBhanji-

Posted: 01 June 2012 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Yes,She has to do everything which 'd present her as perfect performer.In DID,judges often talks about versatility though only few stand out by the word,others lack somewhere.
Here I think,as kasturi said,The offer came to her way suddenly that too in such a manner which was totally unexpected.The dress.-I mean.

Though dancer's outfits are designed acc.to the song,so there should be any problem but when it comes to the introvert/shy girls such as Meenakshi,it does matter.
I remember watching in a session of saregamapa where a girl had no dopatta in the costume but she fought n actually wore a dopatta with that western dress n later it became a huge talk among the judges n contestants.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ApoorvaFanswethasyam08Taiyonoimi

Taiyonoimi IF-Stunnerz
Taiyonoimi
Taiyonoimi

Posted: 01 June 2012 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
Piya: The performers often wear skin colored clothing under the selected dresses. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vasanthi16ApoorvaFan-MamuKiBhanji-

-MamuKiBhanji- IF-Stunnerz
-MamuKiBhanji-
-MamuKiBhanji-

Posted: 01 June 2012 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by an12345678

Piya: The performers often wear skin colored clothing under the selected dresses. 
Not that I didn't notice AN, but still,honestly I'm not that bold of a person who'd do as in wear anything-I wear according to my comfort but yeah when it comes to glam world I have no idea.How it actually works n in which circumstances contestants agrees to wear the costumes Confusedor generally has no problem at all.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ringrosesApoorvaFanswethasyam08Taiyonoimi

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index