Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:39pm | IP Logged

I am the most romantic guy on television: Gaurav Khanna

Navya Malini, TNN | Jun 1, 2012, 12.00AM IST
I am the most romantic guy on television: Gaurav Khanna
Gaurav Khanna
For a management guy, it wouldn't have been that difficult to chalk out a strategy that has the mantra of 'higher the risk, higher the returns'. 

Taking a quantum leap in leaving a job as a marketing manager for a role in television is not something that many do in life. But Gaurav Khanna did exactly that and has not looked back since then. Like some of his telly counterparts, Gaurav also has earned the sobriquet of a hunk. The actor is happy to accept the tag and credits all to the kind of shows he has done so far. "Luckily, the kind of roles that I have done came with a tinge of passion and romance was inherent in those characters. I think I am the most romantic guy on TV. Romance and I are inseparable," says Gaurav who was in town to promote his recently launched show Byah Hamari Bahoo Ka
With an impressive body of work that includes shows like Love Ne Miladi Jodi, Jeevan Saathi, Kumkum, Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam et al, the actor is gunning for more greasepaint on the small screen. He admits, walking that extra mile for a role is what motivates him in life. "I lost four kilos to suit my latest role as Krish that required me to look young," he says adding, "Unless I make some extra effort to absorb myself in the character, the viewer will feel only the reflection of Gaurav Khanna in that particular character. I crave for making a difference in each appearance I make in a show." 
If a character is about layers, then nuances interest Gaurav. "There are so many nuances in the role that I'm playing which requires utmost attention. One off the track moment and the sync factor loses it charm," says the actor. 
On his careergraph, the actor says, "I was a marketing manager and someone spotted me in a gym and modeling happened. When I got to do my first show, I didn't even tell my folks that I'm dreaming to make it to the showbiz. I used to visit the sets and shoot after office. It was only after three months that I left my marketing job to get fully involved in TV." 
Different strokes interest Gaurav as he talks about his love for painting. "I do oil on canvas and enjoy the process involved. I wanted to become a painter and rate myself better than an average guy. But I would like to say that I don't understand modern art. The way modern art is gaining eyeballs is amazing, though," says the actor. 
The actor, confesses that though he plays a romantic guy in shows, he's yet to chance upon love in life. "My work is my muse and my love," he says adding, "My relationship status still has the single tag attached which is due to my inherent nature a recluse in terms of pouring my heart out to someone I love. Most often it happens that I wait to see if the girl I like begins the conversation and carries it forward. The end result singlehood. I am trying to bring in a change in my shy nature. Contrary to my onscreen avatar, I am an introvert." 
At the same time the glam world of Bollywood doesn't lure him as he says, "My USP lies in the small screen, which I don't intend to trade with Bollywood. I am very happy to see Yami (Gautam), my ex-colleague and co-star making inroads. But I'd wait till I get a competent role than to take up role of any kind." 
While Gaurav feels ladyluck always smiles on him in Ahmedabad. "Ahmedabad has proved lucky for me. Every time I come for a promotional tour to the city, I get good response from the audience," he says.

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

dent4uPravesmalwica2ronnie85amritabM_n_hGauravsDbesthinz-Misek-tulipdaisyThinker_Bellessroomanifj08-Zaara---Ratna---Aysha-chinuchinu

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: Am the most romantic guy on TV- Gaurav" in Byah Hamari Bahu Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

malwica2

malwica2

Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
hes my heartthrob!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

hinzThinker_Belle--Ratna--chinuchinu

chinuchinu

IF-Sizzlerz

chinuchinu

Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
 I am very happy to see Yami (Gautam), my ex-colleague and co-star making inroads. But I'd wait till I get a competent role than to take up role of any kind." 

loved wht gaurav khaana said about his ex co-star yami...Big smile

loved the way he is looking n handling the role of krish..all the best to him he has all the potential to make it to bollywood bas ek ache role mil jaye gk tumhe.. my all gud wishes r with u hope we all will  see u on big screen..

thanks a lott for sharing dearBig smile it was a pleasure reading this..

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Praveshinzfj08Thinker_Belle--Ratna--

GauravsDbest

Goldie

GauravsDbest

Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Awww thanks for the article :) Gaurav, you're so sweet on so many levels... LOVED this interview... So my character analysis of you was right :D Love you!!!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Praveshinzfj08Thinker_Belle--Ratna--chinuchinu

Thinker_Belle

IF-Rockerz

Thinker_Belle

Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by malwica2

hes my heartthrob!!

Mine also Big smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Praveshinzfj08-Subbiha---Ratna--chinuchinu

hinz

Viewbie

hinz

Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:04pm | IP Logged

thanks for sharing

Now this is what you call an article ...
very well written and its everything we know about him already but presented in a very nice new way...

So yeah he must have missed the launch on Monday as he said he was travelling and would be promoting the show in Ahmedabad...

He's so genuine in his efforts and never boasts about his achievements...love him to bits!
Wish he finds a nice girl soon...hope his real life Rajjo makes an entry as wellWink !

Edited by hinz - 31 May 2012 at 2:00pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Pravesfj08Thinker_Bellessroomani-Subbiha---Ratna--chinuchinu

-Subbiha-

IF-Rockerz

-Subbiha-

Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
he sure is the most romatic guy on tellyDay Dreaming oh and loved what he sed bout yami..luv him sooo much

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Praveshinz--Ratna--

Praves

Praves

Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
Thanks Tanu for sharing!!Thumbs Up

Love you so much, Gaurav!!

Of course you are the most romantic guy on TV!Day Dreaming

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hinz--Ratna--

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.