Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Munchkin. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: zyanah

wooohooo party time...finally u updated!!

dear shru...loved every bit of it...but all i dont understand is that why are you not writing this story for yourself instead of writing it for others???
why do comments always measures an authors talent????
i m also a silent reader and dont comment on most of the ffs but still i do give a damn to it and i love this ff to the core and idont the writer of this wonderful ff to feel bad.ok...so i think i made my point and never leave ur story in middle

Comments don't measure the author's talents.. They tell the author that their talent is actually worth something :)

And I'm not ending this story for comments. There's still a good 10 chapters to go, and that's only because AWOTB has reached its end, not because I'm cutting it short :)
Rihanna4all thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
The whole chapter is beautiful in simple words !!
I loved the understanding between AR when he decided to pursue medicine instead of photography.
I felt the episode of  difference in opinion on taking their relation ship forward dint fit perfectly well in this chapter. I felt like it came all of a sudden..but I know you knew it  better why you included that..

Overall Amazing writing!!
Rihanna4all thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I got your point. Infact I felt that its not required to explicitly write 2 years leap as your chapter title states that. Though the tile doesn't talk abt number in specific, it fit  perfectly well for this chapter as it includes few months and  later 2 years leap.

Originally posted by: Munchkin.

Um, hey there, and thanks for reading and commenting :)

I know I could have written '2 Years Later..', but the main point of the part was NOT to write that. It was a gradual description of the 2 years, actually. It started with a few months ahead of where I ended the last part, with Armaan's very first exhibit, and ended at 2 years later, with Armaan's LAST exhibit nearing up close.. I wrote it like this with the intention of letting everyone know what conspired in those 2 years, and how they are basic bread-crumbs for the story ahead. My other option was - as you pointed out - to show 2 years later, and immediately bump off to the present and show all of this as flashback. But that was way too cliched, and I just wanted to try out something new. It was also my attempt at finding out if I actually give my readers something to think about, if they ponder over what the part consisted, pay attention to detail and actually speak out what the part was for - a leap of 2 years, just to show that AR have been going strong for 2 years now. It was right there in the title. 

Well, I don't really think I was successful in that attempt, LOL! But its done, so I'll just count my failure as a learning point :)

Thanks again! :)

Munchkin. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Rihanna4all

The whole chapter is beautiful in simple words !!
I loved the understanding between AR when he decided to pursue medicine instead of photography.
I felt the episode of difference in opinion on taking their relation ship forward dint fit perfectly well in this chapter. I felt like it came all of a sudden..but I know you knew it better why you included that..

Overall Amazing writing!!

Nothing was supposed to be in sync in this chapter.. No scene was supposed to be linked to the other, so all of it was supposed to be out of the blue.. LOL, I don't think anyone got the point of the part.. It was just a foreground.. So it was a series of drabbles if that explains my point..

So, yea! LOL this part was such a failure, and to think I spent a good 2 months writing it! Thanks for commenting :)
SleepingBeauty. thumbnail
Sorry for being sooo late to comment! πŸ˜’

But i still have to reserve this place. I am out of town and need a lot of time to comment! So when i reach back Il pakka se comment and for sure Il try making it huge!

So this space is RESERVED!

And By the way, I LOVE YOU for updating finally! Now i am going to go and read the update! <3

TATA! <3

*EDITED*
yeah!!! I am BACK! And guess what?? I am still not over you updating.!! I mean YOU.. Ms Shrutika UPDATED.!!! YOU UPDATED!! YOU UPDATED.!!

I cant stop dancing.!! Yayyy baby! Yayyy.!! Its Party time.!! Yo baby yo!!

And you on the 9th thread.!!!! Another reason to party.!!

Congratulations.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mere paas do do reason hai to party.!! yayy!!! Thats sooo much of fun.! 🀣

Anyways, enough of all the partying. Time to comment.! So im finally here to edit my reserve. Sorry for being so late. But i have been damn busy with loads and loads of stuff plus i was out of town too.!!

I personally loved loads and loads of moments in the update.! Everything was just perfect.! From the leap to the CAT FIGHT.!! Hhahaha.. That was hilarious.!! Mindy and Riddhima fighting over Armaan..?? Armaan would be having sooo much fun just looking at that.!! 🀣 Can completely imagine him enjoying the CAT FIGHT!! πŸ˜‰

And also, I just went Awww looking at Riddhima and Mindy patching up.! That was way way way tooo cute..😳😳

And ofcourse, how can i forget THE DECISION.! And i guess, its right too.. Doing two different things together might just mess things up completely. He might not be able to give his full in medicine and neither in photography.! So i guess it was right. Its better to focus on one thing than distributing it between many things.!!

And looking at the story now, i dont want the story to end but... Im just in love with this FF.!! It has become really close to me and makes me go and refresh the page again and again just to see if you updated.!! 😳 I dont want you to finish this sooo soon.. But every good has to come to an end.! And this will too. 😭😭

Gosh.. Im sooo gonna miss this ff and you!! <3 Peanuts and Munchkin ko toh the most.!! I already miss them soo much.!! Bring their moments again sooon na Shru!! Its been sooo long from the last time we read their moments.

Please update super duper duper soon.!!
ILY.!! <3 πŸ€—

Edited by Die_hardfan_KSG - 11 years ago
jiyaa_m thumbnail
loved it

update soon plzzz
anshara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
amazing part
luv it
cont soon thanks 4 d pm
Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Hey shru!!!!
First of all a big congratulations for the 9th thread...[ :D] A Walk on the Beach had come a long way 😊
The time when I saw a pm in my inbox AWOTB...I was like [:O] let's check it out after all..there was a pm regarding the ff after such a long time and then I opened it and it said... New thread and part on page 1 and I wanted to read it right away and I got to the link
Then the name of the chapter..the first head was The Leap and I wa like...did Shrutika took a leap of few years in the ff and that now our peanuts n munchkin are married or something? And then I started reading...it was really a very lengthy part...you very know how to make up for all the wait that we had to endure don't you 😊
It as like wow... I totally enjoyed my self reading it...finally...Riddhima won't be addressed as the office s**t and the fightβ€” cat-fight was just fab πŸ˜†
and Armaan is such a sweet heart to dedicate his exhibit to his munchkin and family 😊 and then the fight between AR on sex issue...I felt you could have elaborated it a little...
And then in the end Riddhima was sooo mature...I just live the relationship they share

Love
Nandi
caprigurl thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Loved the 'Leap'  and the "Decision', somehow made me realise how far Armaan and Riddhima have come in their relationship- there's a lot more love than ever before- i dunno why but i felt it a lot here :) There is a lot more influence on how the other person behaves, what they choose in life, the little thumbs up and guffaws make us see how it's their own little world they've built up. And the way Armaan's career transition was shown- I loved how you took this topic up =) 
And the unresolved difference of opinion about how far they could go- sigh that had to come up sometime or the other right? Though I wonder how it just ended abrubtly with the part- they never resolved it? Or not yet?:)

Makes me a tad :( that it's coming closer to its end but i love it so much cos it's the 'real-est'(okay that isnt even a word :P) FF on my favoritest coupl ever- and like Riddhima and Mindy's convo showed- don't we all wish for such a perfect life filled with love ad fun?:) 

Thanks for the PM and its written wonderfully =)
-Anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
πŸ€—Ok exams just got over and I was catching up everything :$ Shru Idk about anyone else but I JUST LOVE the way you've gone about writing this part, it was innovative and such a commendable job at showing us how and what they've gone through in the few years.. their achievements, their relation, their careers, their happy and sad moments. The entire division of the story from the present to future in a part just to show what's going on and what is coming up, just gave this story a new meaning. 
Its extremely touching to see AR mature so much in their relation, when they both respect each other, the others space and the others self respect as much as their own.
🀣 Riddhima's cat fight made me LOLLL. But at the same time I believe she wasn't wrong in any way. Anyone else in her place would do the same had she heard what Riddhima did. 
I love the scene where Armaan starts laughing at her πŸ˜† once they reach home.
Coming to their differences about getting intimate. I understand where Riddhima comes from, but at the same time, its important for a man to be made to feel loved too, I am feminist but then, since they're anyways going against normal rules, living in before marriage, and they love each other so much, getting close shouldn't be an issue. So even if Riddhima's point of view isn't wrong, Armaan's isn't either. After so long of knowing and loving the other, a few close moments can't be wrong IMO.
But I again love the way you've treated such an important issue between them so maturely.

One more highlight was how you've made this all so real by making their careers a part of the story. The way Armaan's interests and dreams have weaved their way together which made him want to get back to medicine was amazing to read. It's even more endearing how Armaan wanted to become a doctor for his father but now its his dream as well. Love the moment between them when he makes her part of the decision,
One can see how far they've gone ahead in their relation, where they understand each others needs, actions, wishes and desires before the other does and want to do everything to fulfill it.

Great job Shru LOVE the update <3 ILY and sorry for being inactive here, I have been busy with one exam after the other, But I shall get back to demanding here πŸ˜†
Edited by Ankita.M - 11 years ago