Book Talk

Discussion: Favorite Nonfiction? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

cs-07

IF-Dazzler

cs-07

Posted: 05 July 2012 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
When a tree shook delhi - H S Phoolka

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion: Favorite Nonfiction? (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

CarrotCake

Goldie

CarrotCake

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 2:44am | IP Logged

I enjoy reading autobiographies of sportspersons. Other than that, I remember really enjoying Boy and Going Solo by Roald Dahl. 

I quite enjoyed reading Brian Weiss' books, too; each one was a fascinating read.

Edited by dz651 - 13 August 2012 at 2:45am

henry7

henry7

Posted: 22 August 2012 at 3:37am | IP Logged
Hi all - fave book - maybe 'The Hobbit'

I have 3 books on Kindle now on Amazon.com or co.uk
'The Escape Company' - got someone in prison and want them broken out

'Henry VIII's Seventh' - read all about his seventh wife

'Elizabeth's First' - Our greatest monarch had a son called William - read it here

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 6:54pm | IP Logged
I read a fair mix of fiction and non -fiction. Some of my favourite books are actually the non fiction ones though, especially the Autobiographies. 

Nelson Mandela's -A Long walk to Freedom is a definite must read. Aside from being awed by his amazing life, it is also immensely quotable. 

Regardless of the news stories in recent times about this next personality, his first memoir ranks as one of my favourites as well. It's Not about the Bike by Lance Armstrong is a truly inspirational read. 

The Last Lecture needs no further praise as it is wonderful. 

Other Non-Fictions that were enjoyable: 
American on Purpose by Craig Ferguson
Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albolm
Dispatches from the Edge by Anderson Cooper
Marley and Me
A Child called It
Night
Seabiscuit
The Monk who sold his Ferrari 
Always Looking up by Michael J Fox

I also have waiting to read, Open by Andre Aggasi- This is supposed to be a highly revealing book so I'm anxious to get to it. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chhilt

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 9:02am | IP Logged
^^ I actually saw a review for 'Open' the other day and thought that it sounded highly intriguing. It's not often that someone who is in the public eye so much would write about himself without holding much back. I'll have to get my hands on it soon too. :P

sarahisme

sarahisme

Posted: 01 October 2012 at 3:22am | IP Logged
the diary of ann frank i think

vandita97

vandita97

Posted: 26 October 2012 at 6:01am | IP Logged
Shadow life- biography of anne frank
what young India wants -chetan bhagat
you can win- shiv khera
and chicken soup series.
I love these books.

-Risha_ipkknd-

IF-Rockerz

-Risha_ipkknd-

Posted: 26 October 2012 at 7:17am | IP Logged
There are two books I can name by the top of my head-First includes definitely ''The diary of a young Girl'' by Anne Frank.More so because being of the same age I could actually identify withthe tribulations in Anne's life.It is one of the books I can read over and over again and I almost always get tears in my eyes when it abruptly ends.Truly a wonderful read! The second is the autobiography of Benazir Bhutto-Daughter of the East.Though I am still in the process of reading it,it provides a rather interesting insight into the political situation of Pakistan through the eyes of the daughter of the country.Her courage never fails to amaze me and she is one woman who can teach a lot to the world.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top