India-Forums

Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai
Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai

Another interview

current IF-Rockerz
current
current

Posted: 27 April 2005 at 5:46pm | IP Logged

guyz another interview bt old....my apologies if printed before..interesting to see how priorites change over time as he never wanted to come on TV.Dated Feb 28 2004 from the Hindu

check it out

Send this Article to a FriendPrinter Friendly Page Send this Article to a Friend

Iqbal's baptism to the tinsel world

Actor Iqbal Khan in New Delhi on Thursday.
IT'S A tough world out there and with his first release, "Fun2shhh...", not really clicking with the audience, actor Iqbal Khan discovered it the hard way. "It's okay if the media wants to trash a film. But they shouldn't just butcher it. There should be a little bit of sensitivity among the media," he says during a stopover in Delhi. He's quick to add: "'Thankfully, the media didn't really pick on me", but asserts. "Reviews carry a lot of weight. They can make or break a person. So the media should be careful about what is written. And finally, they must understand that cinema is really a director's medium." A college dropout, the 23-year-old from Kashmir says that Bollywood had never really figured in his plans. But when opportunity came knocking, he dropped everything - including his bachelor's degree - to travel to Switzerland for shooting a music video. And since then, Iqbal has never looked back. "I started out as a model but now I've become an actor. I am not going to continue modelling or work for the small screen. There is too much exposure in that. Of course, I don't mind if people want me to endorse products! But that's going to take a long time," he says with a laugh. While "Fun2shhh..." might have not sent the cash registers ringing, Iqbal is looking forward for "Bullet on Target" that pits him against an interesting cast including Ms. Bulgaria, Natalia Kurgova, Rosy Vanarose and the model-turned-actor Asseem Merchant. Shot in Bulgaria, the film is a spy thriller with plenty of special effects put in by a Hollywood crew and technicians. "It is a completely different experience. The Hollywood crew was so professional and did a fantastic job. I hope the film works because they have tried to make it like a James Bond film," says the actor. There is plenty more in the offing from this young star, currently shooting for "Hasratein" and Raju Mawani's "Ek Datak". In the city to inaugurate the "Suburbia" at Gurgaon, Iqbal, who spent two years in Delhi College of Arts and Commerce pursuing a degree in English (Hons.), declares: "'I hate this city. I just never felt a part of it even in my student days." By Anjali Malhotra

Photo: V. Sudershan

saarahkhann IF-Dazzler
saarahkhann
saarahkhann

Posted: 27 April 2005 at 8:33pm | IP Logged

"It is a completely different experience. The Hollywood crew was so professional and did a fantastic job. I hope the film works because they have tried to make it like a James Bond film," says the actor. There is plenty more in the offing from this young star, currently shooting for "Hasratein" and Raju Mawani's "Ek Datak".

okk if i remember didnt he say that doing Bullet was an experience which he doesnt want to remember....probably at that time he thought that its gonna turn out to b some wat like james bond movie....n when did Hasratein and Ek Datak(dont even know wat datak means probably its dastak)came out?????

"I started out as a model but now I've become an actor. I am not going to continue modelling or work for the small screen."

hmmmm so when no one offered him any good movie he thought that its better to have something than nothing....i m glad that he changed his mind n agreed to work on small screen that way we r able see him more and working for small screen definitly added 10000000 of girls on his fan's list Wink

Edited by kewlsarah - 27 April 2005 at 8:40pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Shipra_S

kool*kariya* Goldie
kool*kariya*
kool*kariya*

Posted: 28 April 2005 at 3:23pm | IP Logged
true say kewlsarah!!!
prakriti IF-Dazzler
prakriti
prakriti

Posted: 28 April 2005 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
Tonguehe looks really hot w.o any make-up on! tats pretty unsual....
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG Goldie
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG

Posted: 28 April 2005 at 5:56pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by prakriti

Tonguehe looks really hot w.o any make-up on! tats pretty unsual....

agree...hehe..

-----------------------------

to the original poster : thanks for sharing the article dearSmile

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top